mtbr member

Prophet 6 size question (6'3" and 230#)

Im looking to get my first full suspension bike and the front runner is the '07 Prophet 6.

Trouble is Im 6'3" 230 pounds and the large seems to feel better than the XL BUT my local shop is surrounded by mass amounts of shopping peds/foot traffic and very slow moving traffic so the test ride isn't really helping me much (I am not buying this for a city commuter, I want to get dirty and bruised)

Any opinions on the Prophet, is it my imagination or do they seem to run a little big? and tips on size would be greatly appreciated.

regards
    Ray

mtbr member
    I think they are pretty big to be honest. I'm 6'1" and ride a large and I'm plenty stretched out on it which I like. I have a 34" inseam. The bike fits me perfect and I can't see it being a problem for someone 22 taller than me.

mtbr member
    Go L; I'm 5'10" and 170 and the M is perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Thank you both, It feels good but I keep thinking Im an XL guy. I think I am going to pull the trigger Tuesday.

regards
    Ray

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I would really go with what feels right, not what you percieve to be right. You might be kicking yourself for getting that XL when you hit some techy stuff and you are too stretched out.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Go for the XL

As a shop owner who has ridden many prophets both large and xlarge, and I actually have an XL prophet this year, go for the XL. You will NOT be stretched out at all, if anything it will fit you perfect. I always had OTB syndrome when riding the large Prophets because of the longish stems that came with them. On the XL the stem is shorter with the top tube being longer so your not hung out over the front wheel. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam as well. I live in Connecticut with plenty of technical trails to ride and where the Prophet was designed for!! Have fun and get the XL, you won't regret it!!

mtbr member
    I'm 5' 11'' and 220 lbs. I ride a L and it feels great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 6" and 200 pounds and I ride an XL prophet. Its an older one, but its an XL, I've just adjusted it with a shorter stem and moved the seat a bit and it fits me well.

Red Rider
    I'm 6'2", 195 lbs and I ride the Prophet 5 XL. I was a bit skeptical about buying it but the bike handles beautifully on the trails here in GA. The shorter stem on the XL steers quickly and precisely.

One thing you have to remember when test riding is to actually ride the Prophet 6 because it has a traditional fork on it. Riding one with a Lefty will actually have a longer wheelbase because the Lefty fork places the front wheel about 2" more forward than a traditional fork making the bike feel bigger because of the longer wheelbase.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]RIDE OR DIE...