mtbr member
    May 2006

Prophet 400 upgrades

hello. I'm a happy owner of a 2006 prophet 400, I'm going to be in Denver, Co. (I'm in Mexico city) next week an want to stop at a bike shop to buy some gear. The bike setup is factory, the only change I made were the pedals, the rest is the same, I'm not planning to change fork or shock, both have worked great at least for someone my weight (130) even for freeriding and some downhill. probably save some weight and add some brake power. Any suggestion would be welcome, I dont want to spend a lot of $$$$ probably something around $ 400.
    If some one knows a good shop in the denver or summit area please tell me. thanks.

Bernardo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernardo
    hello. I'm a happy owner of a 2006 prophet 400, I'm going to be in Denver, Co. (I'm in Mexico city) next week an want to stop at a bike shop to buy some gear. The bike setup is factory, the only change I made were the pedals, the rest is the same, I'm not planning to change fork or shock, both have worked great at least for someone my weight (130) even for freeriding and some downhill. probably save some weight and add some brake power. Any suggestion would be welcome, I dont want to spend a lot of $$$$ probably something around $ 400.
    If some one knows a good shop in the denver or summit area please tell me. thanks.

Bernardo
    I don't know what you can get for your money in Denver (or the US in gerneral for that matter) but as far as up grades go I'd be looking at the wheels and cranks for starters. The stock wheels haven't impressed as either particulary strong or light. As for the cranks, square taper fittings aren't going to last.

That's what I've got on the list as "must do" upgrades. I've already changed the stem (way too long) and the forks - Marzocchi All Mountain SL 2006 - a masive improvement but they were a freebee from Cannondale. After that I'll probably go for the brakes and mechs.