mtbr member

Prophet 4 vs Santa Cruz heckler

I am trying to make up my mind between these two bikes. I have ridden the prophet 5 today and I like the feel of it but I would order the prophet 4 if I buy one. I was just wandering if anyone has owned the heckler or have ridden the heckler and can compare the two? Damn decisions

mtbr member
    Well, you'd probably have to compare the '07 Prophet to the '08 Heckler. Because that's how long it would take Santa Cruz to actually fill your order.

I have ridden a Heckler several times (friend's) and really liked it. However, it was at a higher spec list than what you'll get for $2K (assuming that's the price range you're looking at).

I like the fact that C'Dale gives you a lifetime warranty on their frames. SC is only 2 years.

Other than that, they are both very good bikes that both get very good reviews. In other words, you can't go wrong with either choice.

mtbr member
    Order a Prophet 6 and upgrade the components as you see fit (rather than have the manufacturer choose for you); that's what I did.

mtbr member
    I got the LBS to sell me an 07 prophet 3z for 2200.00. It has all the components that I want on it and it seems like a good deal.