Thread: Prophet 3Z?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Prophet 3Z?

Is it a mistake to consider a Prophet with something other than a Lefty?

mtbr member
    Not sure, but I am considering the Rush 3z. The Fox fork is sweet! I have seen some all-mountain/DH people remove the lefty and put on traditional forks so I don't think it's THAT uncommon.

With that said, I like my lefty on my Prophet. I feel comfortable with it. Plus I know how to tear it down.
    Last edited by Johnny_T771; 06-03-2007 at 09:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well, there are probably other forks that are considered to be good, like the more expensive foxes, rs or marz, but i would choose lefty over the other any day of the week for all mountain riding. if you do rougher all maintain slash freeride you could go the mx path and fit a fork with longer travel on the prophet. for now i've opted to put a more freeridish shock on my prophet, though i also have a commencal supreme 6.10 for the rough stuff. replacing tha lefty for a similar travel fork would be a waste of a lefty and of time and money.

so to sum it up, it depends on your use what fork would work the best for you. for all mountain riding i would go lefty. sure, replacing wheels is somewhat costly, but it is really light, stiff and does a superb job of making the hill feel flat. if you're into the mx realm, the best choice might be to opt for the longer front travel with the higher ac height. i guess the rlc model can adjust more factors than a lefty max spv evolve, meaning you can also lock it and adjust the ac height/travel, but i'd opt for the lefty. espescially as here in euroland you have to go prophet 1 to get one. here all we get is the rs pike, which i do not want at all.

while the current prophet is an amazing bike, it could be interesting to sit on the fence for a little while to see the consolidation of the 08 rumours into confirmed 08 products like the possible new 6 incher, chop of the sl and seeing what's gonna happen with the prophet. that being said i'm really happy with my somewhat customized prophet 1000, though new wheels and shock is on the way. i'm hoping the crossmax' can take some abuse and that the evolver isx 6 can solve my rear suspension needs, aka adjustability, efficiency and downhill am-style capabilities. and no, i'm no freeride huckrider, so i think the crossmax sl can take the abuse i'm up for nowadays.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the feedback.

I was just curious if anybody was aware of any frame/suspension design issues that might negatively impact the riding experience putting a conventional fork on the prophet/rush. I like the concept of being able to adjust the travel on the Talas. Not to mention that the 3Z is being offered at a pretty attractive price at my LBS.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i doubt there are any. the 08 early release rushes are heavily spec'ed with 32 fox' and all bare one of the prophets feature a non lefty fork here in euroland. fox make good suspension components, but the leftys are really good too. i guess the largest difference with a absent lefty is a less sharp look. the main reason they've put on fox' is to make their bikes more attractive for the more conservative crowd that feels the lefty is a little too far out there. i think the bikes would work really well with non lefty forks, but i'd prefer a lefty. a cannondale without a lefty in this kind of bike is a dealbreaker for me i think.