a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony

Prophet with a 160mm Lyrik?

Anyone tried it? Not sure what the height is but I'm thinking of replacing my Pike with a Lyrik. Maybe a Revelation as a backdown plan.
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    160mm up front worked a treat for me. Slackens out the HA a little bit more giving a more stable ride.

Initially i set my forks to 150mm, but after riding for a month or 2, tried 160, and it still felt balanced with rear.

Though I would not suggest any more than 160mm

Only draw back is that it will highlight rear linkage's crappy regressive rate

mtbr member
    I preferred my Prophet in the FR setting to slacken out the head tube but it was maybe a hair to slack for me and the BB was just to low even on fairly mellow trails....

Adding the longer A2C Marzocchi 55 was and setting the swing arm back to XC was perfect, still slack but just a hair less than the Lefty in FR mode and the higher BB was so much better than before!

Now C'Dale states than the max axel to crown length for regular Prophet is 530mm to regulate stress on the head tube and all the 160mm forks are around 545mm but head tube angle plays into it as well so my thinking was that if a shorter fork was safe in FR mode then the longer fork in the XC setting would have about the same stress level..... its only 15mm longer and you will end up running a bit more sag on it anyway.

I am 225 and it took tons of repeated 3 footers to flat without a whimper... I moved on to a Heckler recently but my friend still rocks her Prophet with a 160mm Marz.

Quote Originally Posted by ryoninct
    Anyone tried it? Not sure what the height is but I'm thinking of replacing my Pike with a Lyrik. Maybe a Revelation as a backdown plan.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i'm running a travel adjustable RS domain 130-160..the travel adjust is just the best along with the geo adjustment of the prophet frame...i run the fork at around ~150 mm with FR geo for mammoth mtn...and then ~140 in XC geo for everything else....just felt too slack at 160 in FR and the geo felt bad at 160 in XC mode..oh i weigh 170 lbs..if you can get your fork in travel adjust get it
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nice set up Ray lee! Black on red always a winner

Personally I've preferred a raked out low BB afforded by FR setting

But I've replaced the beloved prophet with a morewood izimu as of late as my riding is pretty much exclusively of the gravity propelled variety now...

Can't pass up the loving feeling of a good single pivot with wicked geo

And some more action shots following in ray's theme