Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Post youre C'dale claymore

Post youre claymore bike here.
    I'm looking for one but want to see some picture's of the claymore.

On the net I only find pictures of the claymore that they use for the site, want to see some real life pictures, or in action, custom claymore's are also more then welcome.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Click on my gallery. Claymore is a sweet ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    What size is it?

mtbr member
    Large, stock. Have Mallets on it now and have DMR V12 Mags for lift served downhill. Search Claymore in the forums and you'll find another set of Claymore pics from another lucky owner. I've been riding all over the hills / mountains south of Syracuse and have been extremely satisfied.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanx!

Does the system with the travel adjuster really works? I mean then in the 180mm travel with other geo, does it feels as a freeride/downhill bike?

I'm a downhiller right now, but we don't have a bikepark close here, minimal 3 hour ride (willingen,winterberg germany). And we go on a roadtrip every year for 4 weeks to france, austria, italy. And that is the only time the downhill bike get used, like 4/5 weeks in a year. The local tracks are easy and you can do them bij enduro bike, but we have so much cool single tracks!

So I was thinking of the claymore, with single ring in front, maybe a totem 2 step, so I can ride them single tracks and the easy downhills but also some bikeparks and maybe some super enduro races next year.

mtbr member
    It works. The geometry really does change. I've never ridden a purpose designed downhill bike however, the bike is absolutely different when you change from "elevate" to "flow" Switch the Talas fork from short to long travel and you are on a very different bike.

For a lot of dedicated single track without a lot of downhill you might be wanting a little steeper geometry in "elevate" mode. You could get that by running more sag in the fork and less sag in the rear. Or go with a shorter fork (I'm not familiar with the totem 2 step maybe that was the direction you were heading).

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Stylomat,

Yes, it feels like a DH bike in flow mode. So plush but pedals so well. I run a 1x10 with a 36 big ring and it really is the one bike do all.
    Bike parks on weekends, trail rides during the week. I'll need to get some updated photos and post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was also thinkinig about getting a claymore as an up grade to a bit bigger bike but also as a do it all. I currently own a 150mm trail bike that I can and do ride daily on the trails here in MN. There are some on the north shore where I wish I had a bit more travel and a slacker head tubed as well as I'm originally from SD so I ride at least one time back home in the Black Hills and really wish I had a bigger bike. I am also planning on going out to CO and hopefully Whistler and I would like to be able to take only one bike to do the epic all day all mountain riding. Is this the bike? is it too big/much? to small/not enough? just right? How about the head tube angle? I know that c'dale is pretty notorious about having a steeper head tube angle on their bikes apposed to comprable other company's bikes? Is it worth looking at an angle set?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I don't really see the "need" for an angle set. It's really quite slack as is. I measured my head angle closer to 65 degrees stationary. Then you figure when you get on the bike and sag in Flow mode, it slacks more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    nice, that is perfect! sounds like you really like it. Do you know if they sell it as a frame set or do you have to buy a complete bike? I'm just trying to get the most info since my LBS doesn't have any and said they wont get any unless they are custom ordered and the cannondale demo that stops here usually is all about scalples and there road line up. Not a huge demand for big bikes in MN.

mtbr member
    I agree with 2wheelrevolution. It is plenty slack as is. I've been riding the bike in everything, with the weather in New York lately that's been a lot of mud, and the bike does it all pretty well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've seen plenty of mud lately too.
    Complete bike only.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Have any of you guys had any issues with the frame, pivots or rear suspention or heard of any? How is the stiffness or the rearend and the bike over all?

mtbr member
    I doubt many LBS will order a claymore on spec unless the owner wants one for his/her personal use (and of course is ready to pay for it). If you really want to ride one first you could get out to Highland MountainBike Park and ride a rental. They aren't stock but I'm sure you'll have fun. Rental page... Rentals & Service Shop Sure that will cost you to fly out (it's a long drive from Minnesota) but the Claymore isn't a cheap bike so it might be worth the investment for you. Alternately ask your LBS to find out where the nearest shop that has an owner/employee with one that is will let you try it. I was looking at YETI 7 before going with the claymore and while I never found a 7 in michigan to check out, I did find a Trek dealer that owned an ASR 5 and was willing to let me check it out.

mtbr member
    I had a small issue with a popping sound from the rear suspension on the first ride. I checked the torque on the pinch bolts and it turned out the factory had shipped two bolts under torqued and the bushing gap was positioned incorrectly. I corrected it, took it back to the shop and they went over it again as well. No problems

The bike is plenty stiff (see comments about wheel build below).

I took it back in later for a freebie tune-up and they said they heard something. I didn't hear anything. (That probably meant they had missed the bike and wanted to take it for a joy ride) Anyhow, they took it down and fully serviced the rear end and the bike is as good or better than new.

I had some issues with rear wheel spoke tension (full disclosure: I'm 235 pounds without gear) The wheel builder in the went over the rear wheel and increased overall tension. I've been out 20 times since with a lot of climbing and descending without any trouble. Highly recommend retuning the rear spokes for improved power transfer. The bike was already stiff laterally but the wheel tune up made it even more so.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    @tmcl yeah I asked if they knew anyone that had one and they didn't of course, there aren't a lot of cannondale dealers in MN as Erik's Bike shop is the biggest bike shop in MN and they are the main C'dale dealer and I think there are only like 3-4 other shops in the whole state. I asked then if anyone would have a Jekyll or they would be ordering any in and didn't sound promising either. I would have to say that Highland might be out of my way a bit, haha. Oh well I might start working at erik's part time this spring and might just have to do more research and take a leap of faith! It sounds like such a rad bike! And exactly what I want the do it all fun bike! its definately a plus to hear you don't have any issues with it. I usually avoid bikes there first few years of production because I want to make sure they have all the kinks out first but if a bike park is using them as fleet bike they have to be pretty damn solid and i'm only about 175lbs so I don't i over flex most decent wheel sets when tuned to spec but I'll keep that in mind.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Had a few things on my bike not torqued correctly as well.
    Other than that no issues other than the screw holding the shock travel lever together came loose and I lost some pieces so I had to get a replacement lever.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    do you guys all rock the stock fox talas forks? just wondering becaue I saw that Jerome Clementz is running the Rock Shox totem RC2 DH, which is a slightly bigger/beefier fork. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade or not.

mtbr member
    Stock. No complaints here. I'd like a remote travel adjust on occasion as I flip back and forth between long and short depending on conditions but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle and clutter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Does either fox or rock shox make a remote travel switch for the fork? the rear is remote right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    No, there's no remote switches available for the fork. Clementz runs a Totem because he's sponsored by SRAM. The TALAS does well, though it feels a little bit harsher on small bumps as compared to a coil.

mtbr member
    Ditto re: a little harsh on small bumps as compared to coil. As speed and intensity picks up however it tracks well and feels nicely stuck to the ground.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey what's the full bike weight on the claymore?

mtbr member
    I am really leaning towards wanting one of these over a Specialized SX Trail.

My C'Dale dealer down here in Las Vegas honestly isn't very helpful with mtn stuff. They seem to only focus on the roadies.

I didn't get a definitive price on these....

What'd you guys get set back for your bikes, if you don't mind me asking?
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

mtbr member
    About a hundred under the average internet posted price at the time. A little over 4K before taxes. Then the dealer "gave" back the taxes in a gift card @ 5% of the purchase price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast