Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79
Results 1,951 to 1,971 of 1971
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just wanted to say Thank you ! to nerve4verve if you don't know this guy you should . Not only did he give me a spectacular deal on his Uber but delivered the bike to me here in Southern California. the bike was clean well appointed and everything he said it was and more. It had been well over 10 years since I have ridden and went out for a ride earlier this week . My heart rate went through the roof but the perma smile it gave me after my single track run was pure joy.

Thank you for getting me back on the trails. you are a true gentleman and friend

Ozzy

Chicks dig Scars
    Mar 2009
    Ozzy - Talk about being a gentleman... YOU honor me, my friend! It was meant to be. Enjoy making the Uber your own and all the joy it's going to bring this year... Welcome back!
    If you're not falling, you're not gonna get better...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi! I'm wondering if it's possible to run the uber/super v as a 1x10 speed? Or perhaps a 2x10 speed?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

A new Uber Lite is born.

Just thought I'd post my newest build. Thanks for all the support Michael.
    Donnie B.

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-ol-yeller-done-2.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-ol-yeller-done-1.jpg
    LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Nice. I've always liked the yellow SVs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-super-v.jpg Hello All, new to this forum! When i move to St. Louis for college 3 years ago my jekyll was stolen within two weeks. Since then i have been without a good bike, until this week i found a super V700 on craigslist for $125. i was very happy and bought it quickly. I had some old forks and rims in my storage unit from my old jekyll i threw on the Super V. I have been having alot of fun getting into the ride again. That being said im looking to replace the vanilla fox sock on the rear and im not sure what is a compatible shock that will fit. i have read that the fox alps will work but i cannot find any for sale. if anyone has any info on what can be done to this bike on a college budget please feel free to help.
    Mouse

mtbr member

ooooh-ber V photo bomb

Dear fellow riders,

four new best items available now...

1. rear mechanical w/clutch

2. fox shocks front & rear

3. xtr shifters

4. 170mm cranks

Yours truly,

Handy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4oY0Y97roM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-august-16-2014.jpg  

Last edited by Handy; 08-19-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: repair link

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse01 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super V.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	915725 Hello All, new to this forum! When i move to St. Louis for college 3 years ago my jekyll was stolen within two weeks. Since then i have been without a good bike, until this week i found a super V700 on craigslist for $125. i was very happy and bought it quickly. I had some old forks and rims in my storage unit from my old jekyll i threw on the Super V. I have been having alot of fun getting into the ride again. That being said im looking to replace the vanilla fox sock on the rear and im not sure what is a compatible shock that will fit. i have read that the fox alps will work but i cannot find any for sale. if anyone has any info on what can be done to this bike on a college budget please feel free to help.
    Mouse
    Sorry to hear about your jekyll got stolen Mouse.

Btw, nice score for an earlier model super v for just $125. The only compatible rear shocks available for your bike is from Risse, the clevis type rear shocks with product number 50027. With different models to choose from such as the Genesis, Astro-5, and Terminator.

Check out the Risse website for more info.

Risse Racing - High Performance rear shock absorbers for Cannondale Mountain Bikes - Replacement
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I though this was interesting: eBay listing of a bonded swingarem where the arm failed before the bond

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crank-arm-itself.jpg

I don't see any evidence of mechanical damage such chipped paint, and the crank is radiating right off the end of the reinforcing ridge, so it may be a stress or fatigue failure... one more reason to be leery of these, I guess...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!

Been enjoying my new to me uber . It really does ride insane . I think it likes it's new neighborhood . Thanks nerve4verve

I think she does

Chicks dig Scars
    Mar 2009
    Love it, Love... it! And, "She" definitely is going to like the year round riding conditions!
    If you're not falling, you're not gonna get better...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Another Über has been born.

Thanks to all the info on this site, I've build my Uber V. This site and tryonbike.com. Great info to build a great bike! And now it's time to give something back

I live in the Netherlands and this could very well be the only one here...
    The fork is a Manitou Sherman 170mm with custom stickers and rp23 shock. Let me know if you want more info.

Now some pics...

Race proven

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    SWEET ride !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch V View Post
    Thanks to all the info on this site, I've build my Uber V. This site and tryonbike.com. Great info to build a great bike! And now it's time to give something back

I live in the Netherlands and this could very well be the only one here...
    The fork is a Manitou Sherman 170mm with custom stickers and rp23 shock. Let me know if you want more info.

Now some pics...

Race proven

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

New to me!

Hi,

I've just bought a 2002 Super V 3000 last weekend and plan on going Uber! Its already got the CAAD4 swing arm, just need to modify the shock mounts on the frame....found the guide on tryonbikes. Looks do-able.

Its an XL (I'm 6'8") and had been owned by the same guy for quite a while, himself a big guy.

The bike needs 'some' work.

The current spec includes Hope C2 brakes on hope hubs and Mavic rims. The current drive train is a bit of a mix, alivio rear mech, lx front, the chainset is old xt drive side and stx the other (apparently as the xt didnt clear the swing arm......not sure how true this is.

The paint is bubbling in places but I plan on getting it powder coated, there is a firm local who does frames for £60 and has a good reputation. He's a BMX guy himself.

I've already ordered a mainly Deore 3x9 drivetrain but have gone for an SLX rear mech.

Other plans include new seatpost, stem and bars and rear shock.

I'll see how the forks are once serviced. They are Fox Vanilla RL 125s. They feel a bit dead. There seems to be some kinda slop in the fork but hopefully a service and new seals will sort this.

Is there anywhere I can get replacement decals that you guys would recommend?

I'm thinking of going cannondale blue with the same decals as is currently on the bike.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Hope Super v500 Rescue

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-after-before.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crw_4073.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crw_4076.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crw_4082.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crw_4090.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-crw_4102.jpgName:  CRW_407566.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  110.6 KB

Before i had the rear swing arm disc adapter installed with caliper, i mod the RockShox Tora 318 to 140mm travel and soon RockShox Argyle MoCo with Floodgate damper, also ill have BB5 front disc and i will swap rear to bb7 then swap 160mm rotor to 180 or 185.
    Last edited by Spootnic; 10-07-2014 at 07:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

A new Uber in Colorado - The "Mean Green Machine"

My wife tells me that this is my last build. With 2 Uber V's, 2 Uber V-lite's, and an unfinished Lefty, she says I need to STOP or else. Man, I'm gonna miss that girl

I have always wanted a 1999 Mean Green (no tab cut necessary on this frame) and found one with a single ride on her before being retired to the basement. Nay was there a scratch or ding anywhere to be found. So I went with a new Jekyll swing arm, a new set of Mavic SLR's rims, 203mm disc on the front, Avid Elixir brakes, Truvativ Stylo 2x9 crank/bash guard and BB, SRAM shifting/cassette set up, 7.5x2.0 Monarch RT3 rear shock, Rock Shox Reba 120mm (got a smoking deal on a new one) for the front suspension, Woodman head set (soon to change out the top for a Cain Creek....need the Woodman bottom so as to clear the down tube with my fork), and a set of tubeless Racing Ralph tires. I think the only part true to the Super V original (other than the frame) is the Wellgo LU-955A pedals (my favorites....love they way they "flip" into the toe clips!).

It took a bit to get the chain alignment correct, but did shift great with the 3rd chain ring. But I wanted another 2x9 with bash guard as these Colorado trails can be brutal sometimes....gotta save the leg you know I've logged 3 intense rides now and this bike has exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Thanks Michael Thomas for introducing me to weight reduction. She is the lightest bike I own!

Thanks all for looking. Now.....what to do for the winter!

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-green-maching-done-5.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-mean-green-assembly-2.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-green-maching-done-1.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-green-maching-done-2.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-green-maching-done-3.jpg
    LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Super v400

Well after months and months of trading up on Craigslist i have finally landed a bike i have always wanted. 99 Super V400 w/ lefty various parts i have put on myself. XT crankset; XT rear derailleur; LX front derailleur; Fizik tundra 2 saddle; C3 bars and neck; Avid Juicy 3's in white (will upgrade as soon as I find better); Lx Shifters 3x9; New Jagwire shifting cable white w black cables; Mavic 117 rims w/ cannondale hubs ( also to be replaced); rear shock is a fox float RC.Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-img_4980.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-img_4983.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-img_4984.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-img_4982.jpg

Im not quite sure i understand the benefits of a 2000+ swing arm other than more travel. Other than that im happy with her

Wish list: Mavic Crossmax SLR white hubs black rims and black bladed spokes
    : 2x10 Sram xo drive train
    : Avid Elixir Carbon trails white

Any advise will be welcomed

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    That my friend is one fine looking Uber-lite! My favorite color and components for sure. Hey wait a minute....are you the goober that keeps stealing my EBay bids

I too just picked up another Green '99 and will be doing a Lefty Uber-lite in the coming months. You are correct in that the only advantage of the Jekyll swing arm is a bit more travel and there rear caliper seems to align better without using shims and such.

So ride on brother.....ride on. Rubber side down! If you want to pick my brain (what's left of it), send me a PM and I will be happy to converse on the subject.

Donnie B
    LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Modified Super V 4000 DH

I've gotten contacted a number of times over the years from members looking for my bike that they saw here on MTBR. So, here's and update: I built this going on eight (8) years ago. Still ride it every week. Still under 30 lbs (28 as pictured). Still zero problems. It's a beast. This is a recent pic. Although I've recently updated the brakes to Shimano M785's *EDIT*: This frame was machined at the swingarm pivot to accept the Jekyll swingarm.**Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-2014-bike.jpg. Later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Nice Uber!

Hey.....nice Uber V. It kinda looks familiar.

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-uber-v-lake-mead.jpg

Donnie B
    LittledonnieB

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79