Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 2,151 to 2,191 of 2191
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    :/ this one will work?

or what cups do u guys have running on 1 1/8 forks, selling 1.5 fork and buying something 1 1/8 is also an option.

thx guys

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    For a tapered fork, I've used KP205 - Cannondale Headshok Frame Tube to Taper Steerer Suspension Fork Adapter and its perfect.

The KP119 should be what you need for a straight 1.5 fork.

See: Definitive guide: Cannondale frame headset fork compatibility for mountain bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I don't think you should give up on your 1.5" as you are almost there. The KP119 is only $60 so what do you have to lose?

I used the headshock s/i to 1-1/8 kit from cannondaleexperts (KP058) for my dual crown fork. I think it's KP058

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    ok, just ordered 1,5 reducers, lets see how long does the shipping take, bc i am in Europe

Ty guys for info

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Sullivan View Post
    ok, just ordered 1,5 reducers, lets see how long does the shipping take, bc i am in Europe

Ty guys for info
    Where's Europe? Is that in Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumphryes View Post
    Where's Europe? Is that in Germany?

nice one

yh Europe is a little village in Germany
    Last edited by O_Sullivan; 10-04-2016 at 02:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Any updates?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
    Any updates?
    not really, still waiting for Headset. bought new stem und Race Face Atlas fr bars, but without haedset cant do much.

and still searching for jekyll swingarm :/

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I feel your pain.... My suggestions on the swingarm... If you see one and it's expensive, buck up and jump on it. Ive missed a few because of trying to be frugal and wasted lots of time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I feel your pain.... My suggestions on the swingarm... If you see one and it's expensive, buck up and jump on it. Ive missed a few because of trying to be frugal and wasted lots of time.
    ok i found this now, complete bike but really cheap (ca 200$), thinking about getting this one...
    frame got short tabs, and apparently warranty changed banana to CAAD 4 swingarm, paint is bad but doesnt matter.

but cant decide should i buy it or search for swingarm. if u buy it, it doesnt solve my problem, i will need one more swingarm to make 2 ubers

any suggestions?

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-12.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-13.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber J View Post
    That is a lil bit too much, for cca 50$ more i can buy complete jekyll bike, but thx

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Stop dream blockin' just buy it. You can always find something cheaper, but you can't buy your time back spent searching. I paid more than I should have for a complete jekyl frame... but my bike is built and I'm not still searching ha.

Also, send me link to that white super-v for sale LOL. I want to build another!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Stop dream blockin' just buy it. You can always find something cheaper, but you can't buy your time back spent searching. I paid more than I should have for a complete jekyl frame... but my bike is built and I'm not still searching ha.

Also, send me link to that white super-v for sale LOL. I want to build another!
    well winter is coming i have time to complete it, no need to rush

btw Headset finally came in today, here is a quick preview.

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-14858549_10210016232937375_299567120_o.jpgPost your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-14881544_10210016232777371_11373954_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi,

OK, bit of an update.

The fitment of offset bushings (slackening the HA to 68.5 from 70) has made a load of difference. I first noticed this on a ride out at Forest of Dean Blue graded trail - the final downhill section - the bike was much more stable and less twitchy. Kept on line a load better. Great!

Then it had a much bigger test on the red trails at Bike Park Wales - only done the blues on visits before hand. Great day and the bike held its own with the more modern bikes on show.

I always get great comments about the bike too e.g. 'WOAH! I used to have a poster of one of the them on my wall! etc. Makes you feel great. Mint.

Keeps me from buying a modern bike too. Love the UBER.

Upgrading the HOPE C2's to modern Shimano SLX 180mm discs front and back and currently collecting parts to go 1x10 - just need chainring and range expander (thinking works components 30t and 40t).

The Super V frame (see pic for mock up) - is coming along - the drivetrain and brakes from the Uber will be making it onto that one - decided on running disk brakes rather than going V's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-img_0004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi all!!! My restomod to super V. Not uber V but "under V" (reducer travel to have a better steering angle). In the following pictures before and after ( many things needs to be tuned": seatpost,cable routing, pedals, saddle).

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    ...the pictures...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Looking good my friend. I too am in the process of building a Lefty Uber V and hope to be finished by Christmas. I see you are using a Rockshox RT3 on the rear. I have mine mounted in reverse as yours so I can get to my controls easier. Don't know if it makes a difference.

Have fun filing the cable stays so your hydraulic hose for the rear brakes slides through them. I've used the adapters, but with a good set of files, time, and maybe a libation or two, the end results is well worth the effort.

I also see you are using a 1x11? Do tell of your set up and experience!

Happy Holidays,
    Donnie B
    LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Rear is an adapyed rp23 (165mm sadly...it is forced) and is 1x10.
    For me is too little I did it for my friends. It was a "historical" frame and I didnt want to have it thrown away.
    I will make a better report when finished (tested yesterday for the first time).

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Did you paint the frame, or did you have it powdercoated?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    ...and your lettering. If they are decals, where you get them? If you matched fonts and had something produced...who did your decals?
    LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I painted with spray. Acrilyc orange and 2k glossy transparent (bicomponent).
    Decals are self made with a small cutting plotter (silhouette cameo). There is a digitalizer tools in the sw.
    😉

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Uber (half semi) plus:
    Front tyre wtb ranger 2.8 on... 19mm rim (tubeless)
    ReR tyre continental mountian king 2.4 on crest rim
    To be tested on trail!!!
    Cable ruoting still need to be fixed!(sorry

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    That's seems thin for a 2.8 IMHO. But it's your bike! Just be careful. Right now I'm rocking a 2.5 on a 39i/45o wheel. Going up to 3.0 before the end of the year! I'm just waiting on the damn tire to get here. Hopefully before the holiday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Yes the rim is slim. But my wife has a very smooth ride on very easy path.
    She tryed a plus this summer and she felt much much more comfortable so... I will change the bike step by step instead of spending money for nothing. 😉
    I will also keep the pressure around 1 atm (at least at the beginning).
    Next step will be a ztr flow mk3 rim (29mm internal).
    Ciao Marco

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My uber-v plus project is coming along nicely... Got the 26x3.0 on... Next up is to modify the original swingarm

Last edited by Meeners; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Wow!!! Super nice!!! How will you modify swing arm? Diy or with the help of a frame expert?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi, looks great.

Think I've seen a plus conversion somewhere and it shows the swingarm widening - will try and dig out the link later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    After fitting the tire it's apparent it doesn't need much. DIY but the person I have helping has expertise. We just want to make sure whatever cuts we do we don't potentially bend or warp the triangle. We will be using aluminum tube and pipe to shave what is needed and reweld to strengthen areas where cut. Should be able to retain the orginal design without manipulating much. Figured since the original swingarm is not being used I could modify it instead of the jekyll. I have see a super-v fat bike, but I haven't seen any plus+ ones done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

thought I'd chime in with my latest build

It started by answering a CraigsList ad last year for a Cannondale Super V - $200 takes it. When I arrived I found a real POS, but it was a 1999 large frame with a seat big enough to have Christmas dinner on…it was huge. So everything on the bike was trashed and nothing useable…and the paint was beyond a mess.

I told the guy I could do $100 and he said, “sure, it was my girlfriends bike anyway and she left it here when she dumped me.” I didn’t ask for a picture of her, but the size of that seat had me curious. Then I asked what he did for a living and that’s when it got cool. He said that he and his brother have worked as stage-hands for many years for the comedians Penn & Teller here in Las Vegas.

So I amended my offer of $100 to include 2 tickets to their show…and the deal was made! The bike got loaded into the Shelby and a couple weeks later we were at the show! I love this hobby!!!
    It’s been a year in the making and it’s done…except for building a Chris King rear wheel. Here is the list of attributes:

- 3-stage Powder coated frame. Jet black until the sun hits it, then the blue, silver, red, and purple sparkles come out…but very subtle. It took 2 times to get it right. If you think stripping the original paint off is a chore, try stripping powder coating that gets applied to thick. Lost track of the number of cocktails it took to complete…and what day it was. Chemical stripping has its challenges 

- Shimano XTR 2x10 groupset
    - 7.5” Rockshox RT3 Debonair (brand new takeoff for $100)
    - Jekyll powder coated swing arm with new bearings
    - Rear hub is a 6-pawl Project 321 generation 2
    - Stans no-tubes Arch rim with Sapin spokes
    - Hydraulic brakes – Avid Elixir CR (my personal favorites)
    - Handle bars – Carbon fiber Monkey Lite (came with the fork!)
    - Seat – Serfas RX-921V (if you haven’t tried one, they are
    wonderful.)

- The Lefty is another story. You see this guy bought a new Jekyll back around 2009 and had the fork replaced immediately with a dual fork. So the Lefty and wheel is BRAND NEW!!! Not a scratch or anything wrong. What a great find.
    So Las Vegas was good to me in my part finds and it is done before Christmas. This makes my 3rd Uber V to join our 5 Uber V- Lites, and 2 Ravens. Actually one of the Ravens is under construction for the wife…and that’s it…I’m done building these…put a fork in it….Elvis has left the building!! I do have a 1994 European Super V 900 with all factory Campangnolo everything…it’s hung in the bedroom as art!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good Uber V!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-dude-email-7.jpg  

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-dude-email-6.jpg  

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-dude-email-5.jpg  

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-dude-email-4.jpg  

LittledonnieB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeson View Post
    It started by answering a CraigsList ad last year for a Cannondale Super V - $200 takes it. When I arrived I found a real POS, but it was a 1999 large frame with a seat big enough to have Christmas dinner on…it was huge. So everything on the bike was trashed and nothing useable…and the paint was beyond a mess.

I told the guy I could do $100 and he said, “sure, it was my girlfriends bike anyway and she left it here when she dumped me.” I didn’t ask for a picture of her, but the size of that seat had me curious. Then I asked what he did for a living and that’s when it got cool. He said that he and his brother have worked as stage-hands for many years for the comedians Penn & Teller here in Las Vegas.

So I amended my offer of $100 to include 2 tickets to their show…and the deal was made! The bike got loaded into the Shelby and a couple weeks later we were at the show! I love this hobby!!!
    It’s been a year in the making and it’s done…except for building a Chris King rear wheel. Here is the list of attributes:

- 3-stage Powder coated frame. Jet black until the sun hits it, then the blue, silver, red, and purple sparkles come out…but very subtle. It took 2 times to get it right. If you think stripping the original paint off is a chore, try stripping powder coating that gets applied to thick. Lost track of the number of cocktails it took to complete…and what day it was. Chemical stripping has its challenges 

-Shimano XTR 2x10 groupset
    -7.5” Rockshox RT3 Debonair (brand new takeoff for $100)
    -Jekyll powder coated swing arm with new bearings
    -Rear hub is a 6-pawl Project 321 generation 2
    -Stans no-tubes Arch rim with Sapin spokes
    -Hydraulic brakes – Avid Elixir CR (my personal favorites)
    -Handle bars – Carbon fiber Monkey Lite (came with the fork!)
    -Seat – Serfas RX-921V (if you haven’t tried one, they are
    wonderful.)

-The Lefty is another story. You see this guy bought a new Jekyll back around 2009 and had the fork replaced immediately with a dual fork. So the Lefty and wheel is BRAND NEW!!! Not a scratch or anything wrong. What a great find.
    So Las Vegas was good to me in my part finds and it is done before Christmas. This makes my 3rd Uber V to join our 5 Uber V- Lites, and 2 Ravens. Actually one of the Ravens is under construction for the wife…and that’s it…I’m done building these…put a fork in it….Elvis has left the building!! I do have a 1994 European Super V 900 with all factory Campangnolo everything…it’s hung in the bedroom as art!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good Uber V!
    There is a Greek guy on the "Cannondale Super V Owners" Facebook group that is cutting the swingarm to accommodate fat wheels. Check it out, photos too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Any updates?
    finally got new shoc and jekyll swingarm, and now i have another problem, i cant remove the pin - cant remove old swingarm, right side (drivetrain side) of pin spins freely but cant remove it, and other side doesnt spin at all, tried with more force, my wrench bent... any advice?

thx guys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Sullivan View Post
    finally got new shoc and jekyll swingarm, and now i have another problem, i cant remove the pin - cant remove old swingarm, right side (drivetrain side) of pin spins freely but cant remove it, and other side doesnt spin at all, tried with more force, my wrench bent... any advice?

thx guys
    Get a new wrench!!! Lol

mtbr member
    97 XL with a 130mm stem. Head shock and rear float rebuilt. Full period correct XTR with ceramic spinegry rims and reaface next cranks. Pulled down to the frame with every bearing cleaned/ repacked.
    Its my around town bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I have a super V Raven 900 i am rebuilding. Anyone know of a replacement rear shock for this model? ( I Do not want to rebuild it.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by btaylor3575 View Post
    I have a super V Raven 900 i am rebuilding. Anyone know of a replacement rear shock for this model? ( I Do not want to rebuild it.)
    Hey btaylor3575

I have a FOX Vanilla RX coil over Shox which has been stripped down and rebuild by RISSE RACING and is in perfect working condition. Works as good as new and has not been used since rebuild. Open to reasonable offers.

Alternatively for a lower price point I have a FOX Vanilla R coil over Shox which has not been rebuild. This shock in is working condition but would need a rebuild if you want it in "perfect" working condition. The nitrogen charge and/or oil pressure seems a bit low but it works, just not like new. Open to sensible offers.

Both these FOX coil over shox date back to the late 1990's (like 1998) and are original equipment on the Super V of that era. Would ship from Florida.

mtbr member
    Hey there btaylor3575

Sorry bro... I pulled the trigger too soon.
    Your bike is a RAVEN so would have the clevis mount on the frame, right?
    That being the case, I do also have a shock for that which is a FOX AIR Vanilla R but it needs a rebuild and I noticed you said you don't want a rebuild. My FOX AIR Vanilla R needs new oil and replacement seals to function correctly.

cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Thanks for your time rhumphryes!

mtbr member
    Thanks for your time rhumphryes!
    Best idea would be to take some measurements with the old Shock off. Measure the distance between the center of the bolt holes when fully extended and when compressed and subtract about .25" from each. I was able to fit 2013 FOX air shock on my SV1000 because the distance was just over 6". But on the Raven1 you are limited to what shox have clevis mounts. You can get something new 6" without a clevis mount far easier.

What year is your Raven and what swingarm does it have?
    If Pre-1999 then it'll be a Raven1 and that requires a clevis mount. Risse Racing have custom built new air shox for those. I have one on mine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeson View Post
    a seat big enough to have Christmas dinner on…it was huge.
    Looks like you kept that seat haha

mtbr member

20 years in the Wild

Hello everyone,
    I wish you all a good Year with lot's of SuperV creativity and many happy rides.
    This beauty here becomes 20 years old, still alive and kicking!

Post your UBER V !!!!!!!!!!!-superv-fixed-web.jpg

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344