Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Trail

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Post your Trail

Since there wasn't a "Show your Trail" topic, I thought; Let me open one! So here it is!

Post pics of your Trail SL in this thread!

linkwvu
    Oct 2012

Upset wish I could...

As soon as I get to 10 posts. Just picked up a 2013 SL2 29er. Love it so far and i am in the process of upgrading

mtbr member
    That's because they're GTs with a 1.5" headtube and Cannondale stickers on them.
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post
    That's because they're GTs with a 1.5" headtube and Cannondale stickers on them.
    Well then, that explains the lack of posts.... Better move over to the GT forum

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkWVUin FL View Post
    Well then, that explains the lack of posts.... Better move over to the GT forum
    I'm joking dude! Let's see your ride!

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    I'm joking dude! Let's see your ride!
    Lol, no worries.... As soon as I get to 10 posts I will show her off. Got a couple of accessories on the brown truck coming in so by the time I post it they should be on.

mtbr member
    i lost my 2013 Trail SL2 29er few weeks ago on the road. I do miss it very much, but since have upgraded to the 2013 Jekyll 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Trail-289770_10151197951348637_1302626828_o.jpg  

Post your Trail-271147_10151189597693637_35311333_n.jpg  

Post your Trail-429353_10151188897963637_1769772386_n.jpg  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    Ah dude, I remember seeing your post about losing your Trail...didn't have the heart to post about it. I'm sure the new Jekyll made you feel a little better though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

2013 Trail 7
    Last edited by 50calray; 10-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Lol, no worries.... As soon as I get to 10 posts I will show her off. Got a couple of accessories on the brown truck coming in so by the time I post it they should be on.
    Slowly but surely matey! Have a look in the XC forums, will be some stuff in there you can post on. What have you got coming? It better be a lefty!

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i lost my 2013 Trail SL2 29er few weeks ago on the road. I do miss it very much, but since have upgraded to the 2013 Jekyll 3
    That trail looks awesome, I would so take the line on the left Awesome bike storage solution by the way! Have you got your Jekyll yet? Have you got a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    This is in Colchester? :O

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    This is in Colchester? :O
    I'm not where Colchester is but that took place in Garland Texas (Dallas area) at the Rowlett Creek Perserve (RCP).

Anyone here convert their Trails to 1X7s? I'm thinking about ditching a couple chain rings for a single speed chainring and bash guard.

Just Ride
    ^do it!

I've converted mine to 1x8. Shortly after I got it last October actually. This is the latest iteration of the drive train. Check my album for the rest.

Currently running a 32t blackspire SS ring up front with a origin 8 chain guide. Works perfectly! I like it better than the bashwich I was running most of the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Trail-trail1x8.jpg  

SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

(not that fast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post

Currently running a 32t blackspire SS ring up front with a origin 8 chain guide. Works perfectly! I like it better than the bashwich I was running most of the year.
    why can't I find that chain guide anywhere?

mtbr member
    not to hijack this trial post. you can search for 2013 Jekyll 3 to see my pics.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nice Trails. Can't wait to show mine. Let's get to those 10 posts!

Just Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by fastale View Post
    why can't I find that chain guide anywhere?
    Amazon.com: Origin8 Torqlite UL Chain Guide - 31.8/34.9mm Clamp, Black: Sports & Outdoors

I would have gotten an MRP but the BB mount won't work with the trail frame as you all should know. If you were considering that style you have to get the seat tube mount version. MRP is around 50 for the BB mount and 100 for seat tube mount. F* that! So I found this after a lot of searching!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=BoostN7;9818610]Slowly but surely matey! Have a look in the XC forums, will be some stuff in there you can post on. What have you got coming? It better be a lefty!

No lefty yet, but its in the plans. Just put on some Shimano 520 clipless, Thomson Elite post, Specialized Phenom Comp saddle. Have a Ritchey WCS Carbon lo rize Bar on the way. Might throw some odi lock ons on it as well..... coming together nicely though

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=LinkWVUin FL;9825205]
    Slowly but surely matey! Have a look in the XC forums, will be some stuff in there you can post on. What have you got coming? It better be a lefty!

No lefty yet, but its in the plans. Just put on some Shimano 520 clipless, Thomson Elite post, Specialized Phenom Comp saddle. Have a Ritchey WCS Carbon lo rize Bar on the way. Might throw some odi lock ons on it as well..... coming together nicely though
    Get some ESI grips. Best grips ever

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=BoostN7;9825309]

Get some ESI grips. Best grips ever
    I heard they were really good, just haven't had any experience with them. I'll keep them in mind for sure though.... Thanks

linkwvu
    Oct 2012

Finally 10 posts!! 2013 Trail SL2 29er

Here she is just gotta get her dirty now (notice the wife's new C-Dale in the background )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Trail-cdale1_reduced.jpg  

Post your Trail-cdale2_reduced.jpg  

Post your Trail-cdale3_reduced.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here she is just gotta get her dirty now (notice the wife's new C-Dale in the background )
    Very nice! My misses wants a cdale also Get some Lefty's on them though!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nice Trails guys! Can't wait to show mine!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here is my 2011 Trail SL3 9ner...with the frame as the only stock item. Got rid of the plastic Cannondale bottle holders (waste of money, dropped so many bottles) and replaced the mech disc brakes with some older XT hydro's. I'm right around 20lbs with the XL frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Trail-2012-07-09_11-26-02_431r.jpg  

Post your Trail-2012-07-09_12-08-53_72a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hey guys, just picked up my Trail SL-4 this past Saturday. My first 29'er, unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out due to Hurricane Sandy, but hopefully this weekend. Got a great deal on it used through craigslist. I know the SL-4 is lower end, but I saved a bunch grabbing it used this way I can put some $'s into it. I have removed the water bottle cage and the reflectors. First thing planned is new tires, thinking a set of Schwalbe Racing Ralph's.

linkwvu
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatTyre View Post
    Hey guys, just picked up my Trail SL-4 this past Saturday. My first 29'er, unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out due to Hurricane Sandy, but hopefully this weekend. Got a great deal on it used through craigslist. I know the SL-4 is lower end, but I saved a bunch grabbing it used this way I can put some $'s into it. I have removed the water bottle cage and the reflectors. First thing planned is new tires, thinking a set of Schwalbe Racing Ralph's.

Nice! I like the Black/Green color combo. Watch that "upgrading" bug, once it grabs you it won't let go

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast