Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Scalpel!!!!

429K views 1K replies 358 participants last post by  Flash29r 
#1 · (Edited)
A sticky thread for the Prophet but not for the Scalpel. Whats up with that? Just wondering before I head out on a ride on my Jekyll. Here's my ride in front of my 2004 Nissan Frontier. One reason I bought this truck is to load around my bikes and hit the junk yard.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Got my scalpel 2 days ago after 8 month of waiting!! Sadly not in the colour i have ordered. But i also like the team frame, not so much as the green one, but what.....
An order thing to worry about is that they but the wrong fork (lefty alu) on it, so i have to wait 2 weeks to get the Carbon lefty speed.

Attachments

#11 ·
ribisl said:
Got my scalpel 2 days ago after 8 month of waiting!! Sadly not in the colour i have ordered. But i also like the team frame, not so much as the green one, but what.....
An order thing to worry about is that they but the wrong fork (lefty alu) on it, so i have to wait 2 weeks to get the Carbon lefty speed.
Sweet ride there! What's with the fork? Why doesn't it have the Speed Carbon fork. The Scalpel 2000 I ordered is at the shop being built now. I wonder if mine came with the Speed. What I'm asking is, did you get an explanation to why it has the wrong fork on it. I've read a few threads about some problems that are arising with the Speed fork. I wonder if they are putting the production of it on hold until the problems are worked out. i'm going to go have a look at the bike tomorrow, but it won't be ready 'til next week some time. This mechanic is very very meticulous I hear. Hopefully it will prove to be worth all of the waiting.

#12 ·
I also have ordered the Scalpel 2000 in green, but it didn�t come. So i change the CD dealer and this man built me up the team frame with the parts like the 2000 has. The fork problem was not the guilt of Cannondale, but the fault of the CD dealer. I hope I have not to wait that long for the Lefty Carbon!
After my first ride yesterday the smile in my face doesn�t disappear - i love this bike, and then with Carbon Lefty.... :D :D :D :D

#19 ·
WOW for the Scalpel

Trevor! said:
I still think Scalpels are one of the coolest looking bikes out there. I would like to really get a chance to ride one rather than merely do a parking lot test..
Trevor you will be WOW when riding one for a long period of time. It's flatout a great bike. I've only had my for a few months and really love it. It's old days MTN bike. When MTN bikes only had 2 inches of travel. But with stable platform technology and way more developed bikes it's not like riding a new 1993 MTN bike. It's much more fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.