Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    Thanks however mine are actually the cheap ones my wife has all MOOTS bikes road, cyclocross and mountain and gets all the attention when we go on a ride
    You are so naive, it's probably not her bikes that get her all the attention...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Here's mine. Just finished building it tonight but probably won't get to ride it for a few days to tweak it.

mtbr member
    Oh my goodness! New model frame and you put a 650b on it. That's hot. What's the size?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skinl19
    Here's mine. Just finished building it tonight but probably won't get to ride it for a few days to tweak it.
    Wow! So nice! How could you get the cannondale factory racing team frame!! Really nice colour!!

mtbr member
    That's a 29'er front, not 650 and the frame is a size L. The frames come from being on the CFR team My other team bikes are posted in the F series photo thread.

https://secure.smugmug.com/photos/509755136_Avkrv-M.jpg
    https://secure.smugmug.com/photos/513391766_8LpjF-M.jpg

mtbr member
    Congratulations are in order. So, travel reduction on the Lefty to 80mm?

That's a 29'er front, not 650 and the frame is a size L. The frames come from being on the CFR team My other team bikes are posted in the F series photo thread.

https://secure.smugmug.com/photos/509755136_Avkrv-M.jpg
    https://secure.smugmug.com/photos/513391766_8LpjF-M.jpg

mtbr member
    Yes, all forks reduced to 80mm. I went 29'er in front instead of 650B due to already having sets of 29" wheels. That way I can mix and match if needed due to service or problem at an endurance race.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the information. Care to speak on your impressions of the Scalpel 69er vs how it rides with a 26" wheel in front?

Yes, all forks reduced to 80mm. I went 29'er in front instead of 650B due to already having sets of 29" wheels. That way I can mix and match if needed due to service or problem at an endurance race.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chomxxo
    Thanks for the information. Care to speak on your impressions of the Scalpel 69er vs how it rides with a 26" wheel in front?
    I'm curious to this as well. I have an 06 Scalpel and an 09 F29er, so I have all the necessary bits.

mtbr member
    stil w8 on nice thinks from BTP and AX-lightness to get hem lichter

LA CHÈVRE
    Nice Robin! I need to get a new camera to post updated pictures of mine, all I need to do now is Stanning the tires and align the R1 brakes, the front is tricky, the caliper seems to be too close to the center of the wheel so the pads hit the R1 rotor rivets... gotta get more shims...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nice Robin! I need to get a new camera to post updated pictures of mine, all I need to do now is Stanning the tires and align the R1 brakes, the front is tricky, the caliper seems to be too close to the center of the wheel so the pads hit the R1 rotor rivets... gotta get more shims...
    i got that to with my front caliper at rear is no problem with 140mm rotor

and ty

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin v Berkel
    i got that to with my front caliper at rear is no problem with 140mm rotor

and ty
    That's good to know. My rear one is fine too with a 160mm rotor... There seems to be an issue between the Lefty and the R1, that makes three of us so far... I'm in talk with Formula USA to try to find the exact cause but it's weird, I don't recall having this problem with other brakes including Formula Oros, maybe I did have the same alignement trouble but with a standard rotor without rivets so close, I never noticed...

mtbr member
    I'm curious to this as well. I have an 06 Scalpel and an 09 F29er, so I have all the necessary bits
    The constant rain we have had here has limited my trail time on the bike. I'm also still tweaking the fit. The headtube is lower on the Scalpel in relation to the seatpost due to the higher BB than my regular 29'ers so I needed a higher rise stem, even with the taller front wheel. The TT is also a bit longer than the 29'ers. Since I haven't been riding FS for a few years I had to play with the settings to get them where I want them.

The bike was built from the frame up so I can't comment on the difference vs. a 26" front wheel. I notice the front end wants to come up a little on the steeper climbs. I am going to try a different stem to put more pressure on the front wheel. The bike seems to handle well so far.

mtbr member
    May 2009

My new to me 2002 scalpel 1000

I'm so excited to get my first c'dale scalpel 1000!
    Im getting it free form my brother who goes through bikes like crazy. This is my first serious bike and im thinking I want to change out the Marzocci MZ front forks with a lefty... any thoughts? Anyone have a lefty fork to sell? Let me know.... Here's the bike in the shop... i just got some Mavix EX823 wheels with Shimano Deore XT hubs and UST tires (KENDA KARMA). Im getting it back this afternoon!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

LA CHÈVRE
    A fresher picture of mine with this year's new saddle (white Selle Italia SLR XC Gel Flow replaced the black non-Gel Flow), new brakes (Formula R1 from Formula Oro Puros), new grips (Ergon GX2 Carbon instead of the ESI Racer's Edge) and not as obvious things (Enduro BB30 bearings, Shimano 42T chainring)... I didn't have time to mount tires on the Notubes Race 7000 wheels so the Crossmax are still on there... A few more closup pictures and impressions are on my website...

Cannondale Maros Team
    my new rocket
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    My 06 1000 w/ a couple upgrades from an 08 Scalpel Team.

mtbr member

My 2002 Scalpel, size XL, in its final iteration with a new 650b front wheel and carbon riser bar. Handles great for me now. It's soon to be relegated to duty as a backup bike as I'm ordering a 29er this summer. One more race tomorrow and maybe a time trial later this month, then the old Fox Float L and 2008 Lefty SL will be sent off to Push and a TBD Cannondale dealer for rebuilds.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Great posts! I just got back on my 2002 Scalpel 1000 after two year layoff from riding. I just upgraded to 08 lefty speed and mavic crosstrail UST wheelset wrapped in conti race king 2.0.

I have been on my bike almost every day since i upgraded and am loving every second of it.

I am looking to continue to upgrade my bike. Are there any recommendations?

i still have the magura louise levers, calipers and rotors stock seat post and handlebars

LX crank, stock BB and Lx trigs and C'dale expert saddle.

Im looking to reduce the weight a bit but have been out of the upgrade game for a bit and a looking to continue to upgrade.

few questions...how do i know what dia my seat post should be? is upgrading rotors going to do anything for my braking and what size rotors would i get and will any rotor work with the magura louise from '02?

I was very active in adventure triathalons and am looking to get back into it.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and for all of the inspiration to get back into the sport i lived for for so many years.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I run 185mm front rotors on my F29er, but I have the stock size 160mm on my Scalpel. I'm completely happy w/ both setups. Both bikes are running Juicy 7s, btw.

Cannondale Maros Team
    Scalpeler, you could change your crankset with XT/XTR, the saddle with an Selle Italia SLR, Maybe seatpost.... maybe if you show us a pic we can do better recommendations.

VLad

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here are some pics of my ride. The more recommendations the better. How dod i know what size seat post to purchase. and any insights on these brakes?

Cannondale Maros Team
    First of all, as far as I see, the frame is a bit to big for you, but regarding the upgrade if I were you I'd change:

- the seatpost
    - the saddle
    - the crankset
    - the pedals
    - maybe the handlebar
    - the shifters
    - maybe the bottle cage

mtbr member
    start again with a scalpel 100!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    the frame size is good...the seat is low so i can fit it in and out of my truck. I only have fork mount racks on my roof...the lefty upgrade is new and i havent gotten a new rack yet.

with the other recommendations what are some specifics you might recommend?

Bottle cage is a classic off of my last build...i started that build in 1997 and it ended in 2002...its staying with me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladxc
    First of all, as far as I see, the frame is a bit to big for you, but regarding the upgrade if I were you I'd change:

- the seatpost
    - the saddle
    - the crankset
    - the pedals
    - maybe the handlebar
    - the shifters
    - maybe the bottle cage
    Whats wrong with the pedals?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    start again with a scalpel 100!
    i dont get it

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalpeler
    the frame size is good...the seat is low so i can fit it in and out of my truck. I only have fork mount racks on my roof...the lefty upgrade is new and i havent gotten a new rack yet.
    You can buy an adapter to allow you to mount your Lefty equipped bike to your existing rack:

http://www.hurricanecomponents.com/product.php?id=4

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

LA CHÈVRE
    Obviously not mine... new Monavie colors...

mtbr member
    New lefty hub?
    Last edited by Duncan1104; 06-25-2009 at 09:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    New lefty hub?
    I dont think its any different, they may have machined out a little more for the pro's to save a gram or two.

I like the white stuff, and its good to see they are one Fox instead of the Rock Shox like Cannondale Factory Racing. Also a fan of the custom Scrub rotors.

Where is that pic taken Dan?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Where is that pic taken Dan?
    Monavie convention (whatever that is)...

mtbr member
    Scalpeler, you and I have a yellow 2002 model 1000 in common. Congratulations on being ahead of your time with the first model of what's turned out to be a famous bike!

Mine is pretty much ridden into the ground at this point and I've decided to get a new frame, but let's look at what you can do for yours.

Magura Louise brakes with standard ISO 160mm rotors are great brakes, keep them, you shouldn't need bigger brakes. They stopped me from 35-40mph downhill plenty of times.

You should upgrade the cranks. A Middleburn Duo 2x9 crankset is lightweight and a good price, you can buy it online from Chainreactioncycles.com.

You need a lighter bottom bracket, 68mmx113mm, English threads. Look for something under 200g, ISIS if you're going with Middleburn. The Control Tech Carbon BB is awesome. You might consider an FSA Carbon crankset with external BB instead.

Saddle's OK, you'll have to go with something really weight weenie to get lighter and better like a Selle Italia SLR. I did, and I found out it's actually a pretty comfortable saddle when properly adjusted.

Two big potential weight savings: Handlebar and seatpost. Your seatpost is 27.2mm width. I bought a USE Alien Carbon seatpost. I had a straight carbon bar but love my Easton Monkeylite SL bar now. Carbon will dampen some vibrations on your back and hands too, well worth it, just don't overtighten the clamps.

I hated the LX shifters. If you don't mind grip shifters, SRAM Attack grip shifters will save you some weight and are light and reliable.

Take off the rear shock remote and cable and get used to the rear suspension. You're going to get some suspension bob with the Fox Float L but it will be minimal when you have the right pressure. Better yet, send it to PushIndustries.com (get the Float RL service for $150) and get a full rebuild with Propedal specific to your weight.

Get a shorter stem, something in the 90mm range is best for a Scalpel.

Pedals are fine if you like them. You can save some weight going with Eggbeaters, but I wouldn't do it for that reason alone.

I had my XL bike down to 23 lbs with pedals and a Carbon SL Lefty. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalpeler
    Great posts! I just got back on my 2002 Scalpel 1000 after two year layoff from riding. I just upgraded to 08 lefty speed and mavic crosstrail UST wheelset wrapped in conti race king 2.0.

I have been on my bike almost every day since i upgraded and am loving every second of it.

I am looking to continue to upgrade my bike. Are there any recommendations?

i still have the magura louise levers, calipers and rotors stock seat post and handlebars

LX crank, stock BB and Lx trigs and C'dale expert saddle.

Im looking to reduce the weight a bit but have been out of the upgrade game for a bit and a looking to continue to upgrade.

few questions...how do i know what dia my seat post should be? is upgrading rotors going to do anything for my braking and what size rotors would i get and will any rotor work with the magura louise from '02?

I was very active in adventure triathalons and am looking to get back into it.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and for all of the inspiration to get back into the sport i lived for for so many years.
    Last edited by chomxxo; 06-26-2009 at 07:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Monavie convention (whatever that is)...
    Monavie = Multi-level marketing Scam

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    That's kind of what I thought.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Finally got around to posting pics. Factory Scalpel with green X0 and Industry 9's. 20.8 lbs.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    Finally got around to posting pics. Factory Scalpel with green X0 and Industry 9's. 20.8 lbs.
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md
    Wow, thats a really hot bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    how much do your wheels weigh?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    trauma, how many miles on those wheels?? i"ve heard nothing but bad things about the I-9 products. they are very pretty tho. which model are they? (ultralite, xc)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    This is actually my 4th set of I9's. These are the Ultralite 355's. I haven't had any problems with any set. They've been raced on, trained on, abused....without any problems at all. You're right, they are pretty. I have never actually heard many negatives about them, what have you heard?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i've heard that I-9 is a bunch of stoners who dont care about the customer after the sale. several folks around my neck of the woods have broken spokes, wheels, etc and got the worst customer service ever, or lack of. I haven't experienced this, but i dont own their wheels either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have actually had the opposite experience. I9 is probably the only company that sends replacement spokes with their wheels, which is very cool (I haven't needed to replace any of them). Anytime I have had any questions, they have been immediately responsive. I really haven't had any problems with any of my wheelsets, so I haven't required any significant customer service, though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The fact that their wheels cost $1299.00 a set keeps me from ever finding out what they're like. Don't those people know there's an economic crisis going on right now? Probably another one of those American companies that will bite the dust soon.

NO PAIN, NO GAIN!
    in action:

Mi Vida Loca

BLOG

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ol' faithful

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoki
    The fact that their wheels cost $1299.00 a set keeps me from ever finding out what they're like. Don't those people know there's an economic crisis going on right now? Probably another one of those American companies that will bite the dust soon.
    Just because a company sells a higher priced item does not equate to future bankruptcy regardless of economic crisis. Their wheelsets were priced the same before the economic downturn and for them to make them "affordable" for you is not part of their brand imaging.
    Has Mercedes dropped the price of their S class so that each one of us can afford to put one in our driveways?
    Witness companies like BMW and Audi. They recently posted their strongest months ever for sales.

There will always be a Walmart for some and Whole Foods for others.

mtbr member

My Cannondale Scalpel Team 2009

Hi All,

Thought I would post some pics of my pride and joy. I've had her for 5months now. Lightning fast. I do mostly XC and some single trails. I’m kind of a weight weenie fan but being a big (heavy) guy I need to be careful on what parts I can use.

Frame:Cannondale Scalpel Team 2009
    Forks: Lefty Speed Carbon SL w/DLR 110mm
    Rear Shock: DT Swiss XR Carbon
    Bars: FSA K-Force XC Flat Handle bar
    Stem: Cannondale XC 3 Si
    Headset: Cannondale Headshock Si
    Grips: Ergon GA1
    Brakes: Formula R1 with carbon levers with Formula floating rotor 160mm
    Shifters: Shimano XTR Rapidfire Plus with Yumeya parts
    Cables: Shimano Yumeya
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Seat: Custom made Fizik Gobi XM with Carbon Rails
    Seat Post: Thomson Master-piece
    Seat Post Clamp: KCNC QR
    Crankset: Cannondale Si Hollowgram SL BB30 with Ceramic Bearings
    Chainring(s): Carbon Ti 44-32-22
    Chain: Yaban Taitanium super light
    Cassette: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Pedals: Crankbrothers Candy 2ti
    Wheel: Mavic Crossmax SLR Wheels 2009 with Ceramic Bearings
    Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo Tubeless 26 x 2.10
    Other bits: Carbon Ti X-LOCK Special QR Skewer
    Project 321 Lefty Hub Cap
    Bolts: Mostly All Titanium
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

Cannondale Maros Team
    XgreygOOse great bike, I think that using 2 rings and maybe a Sram X.0 or XX system you can win some grams. Maybe a lighter seat post and saddle ...

But you bike is great and I woundn't change anything... even if I am Sram fan.

Cheers,
    Vlad

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yup Xgreyg00se, that bike is purdy but seems to me to be a very expensive rails to trails bike. There's no way that thing could stand up to a beating like a normal bike. If you got that kind of cash to throw away why don't you build bikes for unfortunate kids that would love to mountainbike but can't afford a worthy steed?

mtbr member
    Yup Xgreyg00se, that bike is purdy but seems to me to be a very expensive rails to trails bike. There's no way that thing could stand up to a beating like a normal bike. If you got that kind of cash to throw away why don't you build bikes for unfortunate kids that would love to mountainbike but can't afford a worthy steed?
    troll...

mtbr member
    Excuse ME!!!! What is your F@#K!NG problem? Jealous are we? Who are you to judge me, my bike and what I do with my money. I love bikes and everything about them and if I want bling or make my bike better I will. BTW what is a "normal" bike!?
    The last time I checked this is "mtbr Cannondale post your Scalpel forum" and not " Let's help unfortunate kids to MTB" tread. Twat!

My apologizes to the other mtbr members who just wanted to see pic's of Scalpel bikes. I just want to share my dream bike to you guys.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I know I may sound like a troll but how can anybody envy a bike that filled with components that get bad reviews. Now that you've built the bike are you really that proud or are you still telling yourself it needs more bling. I personally get much more satisfaction when I've made someone else happy and helped them to get started biking. The benifits of that are exponential for the biking community and healthy living. Call me what you want but I think weight wennies are the ones with real issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Why would I be jealous? I've got the same bike only mine's faster. By the way, that EC90 Easton carbon seatpost is gone. I snapped it when I landed from a jump the other night. Only goes to prove what I'm saying about the bling though. Bling makes for a crap bike.

mtbr member
    Why would I be jealous? I've got the same bike only mine's faster. By the way, that EC90 Easton carbon seatpost is gone. I snapped it when I landed from a jump the other night. Only goes to prove what I'm saying about the bling though. Bling makes for a crap bike.
    Now I get it and understand why you're talking funny. It must be the EC90 Easton carbon seatpost that you snapped the other night. Part of that seatpost must have gone up your rear-end. THAT'S why you talk crap. No worries mate I forgive you. Hear, have some Tic-Tac's.
    BTW "Same bike" you mean "same bike frame" or maybe not.
    Anyway I'm done with your comments and off to order my new Flash Carbon Ultimate bike.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Geeez! You sure are sensitive about your scooter aren't you. I said your bike was purdy didn't I? A word of advise so you you don't get your ego hurt, stay away from group rides or events with real mountainbikers if you don't want to hear them snickering. Guys that show up on bikes like yours always seem to be the joke.

mtbr member
    What components on Greygoose's bike couldn't stand up to "normal riding?" I don't see any components that would cause any problems.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Xgreyg00se- sweet bike

what does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse
    Hi All,

Thought I would post some pics of my pride and joy. I've had her for 5months now. Lightning fast. I do mostly XC and some single trails. I’m kind of a weight weenie fan but being a big (heavy) guy I need to be careful on what parts I can use.

Frame:Cannondale Scalpel Team 2009
    Forks: Lefty Speed Carbon SL w/DLR 110mm
    Rear Shock: DT Swiss XR Carbon
    Bars: FSA K-Force XC Flat Handle bar
    Stem: Cannondale XC 3 Si
    Headset: Cannondale Headshock Si
    Grips: Ergon GA1
    Brakes: Formula R1 with carbon levers with Formula floating rotor 160mm
    Shifters: Shimano XTR Rapidfire Plus with Yumeya parts
    Cables: Shimano Yumeya
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Seat: Custom made Fizik Gobi XM with Carbon Rails
    Seat Post: Thomson Master-piece
    Seat Post Clamp: KCNC QR
    Crankset: Cannondale Si Hollowgram SL BB30 with Ceramic Bearings
    Chainring(s): Carbon Ti 44-32-22
    Chain: Yaban Taitanium super light
    Cassette: Shimano XTR with Yumeya parts
    Pedals: Crankbrothers Candy 2ti
    Wheel: Mavic Crossmax SLR Wheels 2009 with Ceramic Bearings
    Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo Tubeless 26 x 2.10
    Other bits: Carbon Ti X-LOCK Special QR Skewer
    Project 321 Lefty Hub Cap
    very nice Scalpel team in Hong Kong!

mtbr member
    dont feed the troll people!

mtbr member
    my bike now after some update stil w8 on 6gr BTP seatpost clamp

8.14kg with race king SS 2.0 with Roro 2.1 bike is 8.040kg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    dont feed the troll people!

LOL
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23
    Xgreyg00se- sweet bike

what does it weigh?
    9.5kg but would like to drop some more Thinking I will change my wheels, maybe I9 but need to check my weigh limited. I know my SLR are heavy but like the look of them and there strong.

Robin v Berkel......Awesome bike. Very nice . What wheels are you using? Any tips on a wheel-set for a big (238lbs) guy? Looking for a strong but light wheel-set.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    9.5kg but would like to drop some more Thinking I will change my wheels, maybe I9 but need to check my weigh limited. I know my SLR are heavy but like the look of them and there strong.

Robin v Berkel......Awesome bike. Very nice . What wheels are you using? Any tips on a wheel-set for a big (238lbs) guy? Looking for a strong but light wheel-set.

thy are Dt-swiss XRC 1250 2008 with cannondale lefty hub

donno how much 238Lbs is in Kg i weight 90kg some time 95kg and Dt-swisss weels are super stif with weight of 1242gr + rim tape + steel lefty bolt

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

xgreygoose- you can shave a few more grams by simply switching your spindle pedal.
    in reality you can have the 4ti pedal weight ( vs your 2ti) without weight restrictions.

here you go...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mtbr member
    xgreygoose- you can shave a few more grams by simply switching your spindle pedal.
    in reality you can have the 4ti pedal weight ( vs your 2ti) without weight restrictions.

here you go...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Thanks for the info spartan23 . I ordered them last week. I saw a thread in the Weight Weenies forum about these Ti Spindle. Looking forward to see how they do.
    Also just bought a new set of wheels I9 with no.tube ZTR 355 rims. Should be lighter than my SLR's
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the info spartan23 . I ordered them last week. I saw a thread in the Weight Weenies forum about these Ti Spindle. Looking forward to see how they do.
    Also just bought a new set of wheels I9 with no.tube ZTR 355 rims. Should be lighter than my SLR's
    cool- let me know how they work as Im contemplating of going that route or simply get the 4ti

our bikes are pretty close

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Geeez! You sure are sensitive about your scooter aren't you. I said your bike was purdy didn't I? A word of advise so you you don't get your ego hurt, stay away from group rides or events with real mountainbikers if you don't want to hear them snickering. Guys that show up on bikes like yours always seem to be the joke.
    funny but I become an instant celebrity when I show up with my rig (08 Scalpel Team)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Here is my Scalpel:

mtbr member
    cool- let me know how they work as Im contemplating of going that route or simply get the 4ti

our bikes are pretty close
    Sweet Bike. Very nice

Some pic's of my new wheel set Industry Nine.
    I9 with no tubes ZTR 355 Rims and I9 orange spokes with afew red spokes

Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

Cannondale Maros Team
    XgreygOOse you have some real cool wheels ! Hope they last a lot of miles.

Cheers,
    Vlad

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sweet Bike. Very nice

Very nice I9 wheelset, you got them from Flying Ball?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scalpel226
    Very nice I9 wheelset, you got them from Flying Ball?
    Nope, got them from Tony (Bull Bike Co.) http://www.bullbike.net/forum/index.php
    Much better place. Don't get me wrong I like Flying Ball but Bull Bike Co. has cheaper prices.

scalpel226 where u from? And where you ride mostly?
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

LCW
    mtbr member
    VERY nice build!!! I love it!!

What does it weigh?

where did/do you source your titanium hardware from?

cheers
    Last edited by LCW; 09-02-2009 at 09:45 AM.

LCW
    mtbr member

New question here.

Nice! What's the weight of your ZTR 355 wheelset, front & rear? What about the I9 hub? How does it compare to say King or DT hubs?

cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    VERY nice build!!! I love it!!

What does it weigh?

where did/do you source your titanium hardware from?

cheers
    It use to weigh just over 9.5kg but I don't know now with the new I9's wheelset. Will let you know by the weekend. I get my titanium hardware from eBay. Here is a link for you http://stores.shop.ebay.com/3act-bike.

As for the I9 hub's I'm trying to get use to them. I liked my old SLR's alot so we will see. For sure the bike feel's faster and lighter too. The rear hub has that "Buzzing" sound. A bit like the Chris Kings hubs. But I'm yet to really test them out. Looking forward to the weekend.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladxc
    XgreygOOse you have some real cool wheels ! Hope they last a lot of miles.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Hey Vlad, cheers for the comments. BTW nice video's of you riding your bike. Very Cool.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

25-yr old Retrogrouch
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin v Berkel
    I think this is BY FAR the best-looking bike in this thread. I'm not a big fan or too many colors and stickers so this flat black/carbon look throughout is pretty sweet. Maybe one accent color could really jump out but i dig it the way it is, too!
    Keep the Rubber Side Down!

Wanted: Judy FSX decals

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

08 Team SoBe Scalpel

This frame is an original Team Cannondale full carbon Scalpel that came with Shimano XTR components. With this wheelset the bike barely crests 10kg.
    Now I just need to get my skills to the same level as the bike!

14 Canfield Brothers - Jedi
    09 Canfield Brothers - The One
    08 Cannondale Scalpel - SoBe Team Carbon frame

mtbr member
    It's the one that jumps up in the truck first and growls at the other two when the tailgate drops.

Happy Labor Day
    Moe
    <--Thats Me
    Cdale Flash 29er Carbon 3
    Cdale Flash 29er 2
    Cdale Scalpel Lefty
    Cdale Rush Lefty (2)
    Roots
    Rocks
    Raggae

mtbr member
    It's the one that jumps up in the truck first and growls at the other two when the tailgate drops.

Happy Labor Day
    Moe
    <--Thats Me
    Cdale Flash 29er Carbon 3
    Cdale Flash 29er 2
    Cdale Scalpel Lefty
    Cdale Rush Lefty (2)
    Roots
    Rocks
    Raggae

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimpee
    I think this is BY FAR the best-looking bike in this thread. I'm not a big fan or too many colors and stickers so this flat black/carbon look throughout is pretty sweet. Maybe one accent color could really jump out but i dig it the way it is, too!

ty
    Last edited by Robin v Berkel; 09-08-2009 at 05:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Heres my Cannondale Scalpel 800
    Cannondale Scalpel 800, Full XT, Magura Julie Hydraulic Disc brakes, Mavic X223 Disc

Just about to upgrade wheels to Hope Pro 2 on DT 4.2
    Also new Thompson Seatpost and Fizik Gobi Saddle

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

sexy or what

DSCF1291.jpg

DSCF1292.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

just finished building up front wheel.. got speed carbon sl off ebola, it has soloair upgrade....result..
    hollowtech crank,xm819 ust with dt competition spokes,xtr front mech xt rear sometimes use xtr medium reach as well,louise brakes.... I JUST LOVE THIS BIKE

OOPS nearly forgot hi to you all..just joined forum so ill update profile later... just wanted to show the tool off

Hup, Hup
    I've always been a fan of the SOBE colored Cannondales....ncie looking Scalpel you have there scalpel900.

Welcome to the forums as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Scalpel 07

love to ride it. declined upgrading for a lefty because a fatty in my opinion gives more confidence to get in faster ..anyways..bike is 10.9kg

cheers

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    This one is basically stock except for the upgraded shifters and tires. The 2.4 Rocket Ron front/2.25 Rocket Ron UST rear is really fun. The other cutter is from my local shop back home.

mtbr member
    I had massive issues with a 2.25 Rocket Ron rubbing the rear stays. Do you have any issue?

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Initialy the 2.25 did rub. When I looked hard at the rear wheel it didn't look exactly centered on the seatpost and it was only rubbing on the left side so I asked my shop to re-dish the wheel towards the drive-side and now it works with no rubbing.

LCW
    mtbr member
    awesome Scalpel YB1 - and awesome weather and clear blue sky btw!! i wish we had nice weather like that here....

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

My ride

Frame: Scalpel 100 - Alu, size M
    Fork: RockShox SID Race Poplock
    Suspension: FOX RPL
    Wheels: DT Swiss S240 / d4.2 Super competition 28 hole
    QR: Salsa Ti
    Tires: Maxxis Medusa
    Tubes: Michelin Aircomp Latex
    Crankset: Truvativ Stylo OCT
    Cassette: SRAM PG-980, 12-32
    Chain: SRAM PC-991
    Rear derailleur: SRAM X.0, medium cage.
    Front derailleur: Shimano LX
    Shifters: SRAM X.0 trigger, with matchmakers
    Brakes: Avid Juicy Ultimate 160 / 140 mm, 6 -bolt
    Bar: Ritchey WCS - Wet Black Oversize*
    Grips: WCS True Locking
    Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis - wet black
    Seatpost: Ritchey WCS Carbon Sattelstütze 27,2 x 350 mm
    Seat Clamp: Cannondale standard
    Saddel: SLR XC
    Pedals: Crankbrothers EggBeater SL
    Cables: Gore Ride-on
    Bottle mount: Tacx Tao

DSCN17110567.JPG

DSCN17120568.JPG

DSCN17130569.JPG

DSCN17140570.JPG

DSCN17160572.JPG

Just Ride.
    Sweet looking bike. No Lefty?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Came with FOX F-RL 100, but I preferred the SID due to the lockout option. Lefty is the dream!

Just Ride.
    Ahk yeah. Lefty would be great with all the other great gear on the bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Weight: 11 kg (okay for the alu version, I think)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

'09 Scalpel 4

I just picked up a 2009 Scalpel 4 at a year-end sale. It's my first full suspension bike and I went a size (or 2?) up from my too-small 2000-vintage F700 hardtail. Unfortunately, we're having an early dose of winter and I haven't yet been for a ride to figure out bar height, etc. on a very different sized frame. It will see some dirt today even if I have to wear a ski suit to go outdoors!

Cheers,
    Bryan

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast