Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Scalpel!!!!

429K views 1K replies 358 participants last post by  Flash29r 
#1 · (Edited)
A sticky thread for the Prophet but not for the Scalpel. Whats up with that? Just wondering before I head out on a ride on my Jekyll. Here's my ride in front of my 2004 Nissan Frontier. One reason I bought this truck is to load around my bikes and hit the junk yard.

Attachments

See less See more
#63 ·
Lovely bikes ladies and gents. Will probably get my Scalpel 1000/2000 next spring. Until then I've made a wallpaper in photoshop so I can drewl lots and lots through the nasty winter.

For a bigger picture, go here ;)

#68 ·
WBB said:
Mine's on order. Supposedly early December delivery. Can't wait. What are you guys using to protect the drive side chain stay?
Just take an old inner tube cut it lengthways slap it around the chainstay and button it down with zip ties. Takes 5 minutes, and it's basically free, also it works great.

#70 ·
My Scalpel 3000 :

hi,
I live in France and this is my 3000 scalpel, I love this bike !!!

During the week, i will change for a FSA Pro team Issue Crank, SRAM X0 triggers and rear derailleur :) !!

Approx 10.5 Kg. I will test my DMR V12 MAG + titanium axles on it, before to go on automatic pedals.

and with bad boy wheels :

I love this spad !!

#72 ·
I run the same Spinergys......

I know many have given some Spinergy products a bad rap in the past, but these Xyclone disc for Lefty rims are trick!! I have used a pair for exactly 1 year and they have such a awesome feel in the turns, they pull out of tight turns under power incredible, no windup. I have 2 pair of CrossMax SLs and they have a twingy metallic feel compared to the light spinergys.

Krusty

#73 ·
KrustyKustom said:
I know many have given some Spinergy products a bad rap in the past, but these Xyclone disc for Lefty rims are trick!! I have used a pair for exactly 1 year and they have such a awesome feel in the turns, they pull out of tight turns under power incredible, no windup. I have 2 pair of CrossMax SLs and they have a twingy metallic feel compared to the light spinergys.

Krusty
I totally agree the Spinergy wheels have super flex compared to the xmax's. I run my Spinergy's with a carbon lefty which is equipped with a titanium spindle & that also flex's a load more than the current 2005/06 alloy typo spindle's.
Enjoy!!!

#74 ·
Here it is with the lefty on it

cruso414 said:
this makes my 3rd scalpel and I don't think I will stray again. First ride is tomorrow. It is pretty much bone stock right now but upgrades to follow.
I got a total of 19 miles on the headshok before I had to send it back to the tech shop @ cannondale. my shop rebuilt it 3 times and could only get it to hold air for 2 hours at best. at least I am riding but I ordered the 900 specifically for the headshok. (I like the lefty but I like the headshok better). Maybe cannondale can figure out what the hell is wrong with it, I have never had a problem with a headshok until this one.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.