Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    i tend to run the rear shock pretty hard so coupled with the SAVE seatpost, should mean a relatively comfortable yet still rocket like ride! it was funny in the end - i was searching everywhere for a decent carbon seatpost (in 27.2) that had enough length and it was only when I went down to my local Cannondale dealer that we both realised the Flash seatpost would do the trick and also look killer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    we both realised the Flash seatpost would do the trick and also look killer!
    I agree, it looks killer. Good Luck at the race, you have an absolutely stellar set-up.

LA CH»VRE
    Well, should be a stunning endurance setup... Have good race!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hello!

My new Scalpel 3 ...

Cheers

Joerg

FIRENZE rulez !!
    here my purple one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Scalpel!!!!-hpim0598.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB
    This is my 1 month old Scalpel after a muddy race (was really somethig closer to ciclocross...)
    i really love how you made the photo to have a mix of black and white with some colour n the middle. Brilliant

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    this is my fav duo in action.....

pardon the light. its rainy season here in singapore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sobecan
    Here's my new Scalpel. Well, new to me. Was able to locate a Sobe frame and built the rest of it, part by part.

Attachment 530162
    very nice indeed..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23

Xgreyg00se- wow you got lucky on the Lefty
    does the bike hold well for being 18lbs? I ride a 21lb Scalpel thats extremely durable for my body frame (157lbs), Im thinking of pushing it a bit more (weight drop) but concerned about durability.
    My Scalpel is riding GREAT! Just got back from Scotland(Home). I took my Scalpel with me and gave it a good beating. I haven't been back in over 6years and the MTB in Scotland is awesome Only thing I change on my setup was the tires. Lots and lots of mud(abit too much for my liking ) Also the wheels were holding up well. Liking the new ZTR Crest rims.
    I think you could easily drop a couple of lbs and still keep it durability. And your body frame is tiny compare to mine

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    i tend to run the rear shock pretty hard so coupled with the SAVE seatpost, should mean a relatively comfortable yet still rocket like ride! it was funny in the end - i was searching everywhere for a decent carbon seatpost (in 27.2) that had enough length and it was only when I went down to my local Cannondale dealer that we both realised the Flash seatpost would do the trick and also look killer!
    How are you finding the SAVE seatpost on the Scalpel? I too like my rear shock to be hard. Thinking putting on my Flash seatpost on the Scalpel. Just like to hear your input. BTW, how did your 12hour race go?
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    I also bought the SAVE flash post to put in my scalpel. I prefer to have between 20-25% sag on this bike and have noticed that the post gives before the suspension compresses. Kinda cool since the rear doesn't compress enough to rob you of any momentum and I'm still able to stay seated over the small trail chunk....almost as close to the same feel as a DW but without the weight penalty!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    woop wooop woooop!!! Finally arrived after 6 months of waiting. Here it is after its first ride out and i've got to say it is the fastest bike i have ever owned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Scalpel!!!!-1.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-2.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-3.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-4.jpg  

Cannondale Maros Team
    looks really cool. maybe with the time you can change some parts like the cassette and if you are not to heavy you can change the rear rotor with a 140mm.

happy trails
    Vlad

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Cheers Vlad,

Quite happy with the XT Cassette, not too heavy, looking at new chainset but don't know weather to go double or triple? FSA or Sram?

mtbr member
    Very nice bike The white Lefty looks stunning!

mtbr member
    my scalpel 7.96kg/17.54Lbs ( now with 11-23T ) and with 11-32T bike wil be +20/30gr more

make for 90kg rider

Last edited by Robin v Berkel; 05-29-2010 at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    The white Scalpel 3 made from aluminum is simply stunning. I am buying stock one in this month. This would be a big change from me, because i just broke mine Trek Y 33 aluminum URT. No warranty claim for me because that was second hand bike, and trek had this stupid life time warranty police only for First owner.

This time i would be a first owner but i had this scary feeling about Carbon parts in Scalpel. I'm not intend to had 6 feet jumps but still this should be an off road bike. XC racing machine so how do you guys see this Carbon Zero Pivot system ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qirex
    The white Scalpel 3 made from aluminum is simply stunning. I am buying stock one in this month. This would be a big change from me, because i just broke mine Trek Y 33 aluminum URT. No warranty claim for me because that was second hand bike, and trek had this stupid life time warranty police only for First owner.

This time i would be a first owner but i had this scary feeling about Carbon parts in Scalpel. I'm not intend to had 6 feet jumps but still this should be an off road bike. XC racing machine so how do you guys see this Carbon Zero Pivot system ?
    Hate to bust your bubbles but Cannondale's warranty is also for original owners, they will ask for verifications (I went through it ).

No worry about carbon frames - Im on my 2nd Carbon Scalpel and love it- I couldnt envison myself riding onother frame- the Scalpel carbon is so light, quick and climbs so fast- it gives me a woody just thinking of it

mtbr member
    Hate to bust your bubbles but Cannondale's warranty is also for original owners, they will ask for verifications (I went through it ).

No worry about carbon frames - Im on my 2nd Carbon Scalpel and love it- I couldnt envison myself riding onother frame- the Scalpel carbon is so light, quick and climbs so fast- it gives me a woody just thinking of it
    Well just like i wrote, i would be the very first owner of mine White Scalpel 3 2010 because im buing new one in one of official Cannondale Dealer, so i had less worries now. Only mine would be Aluminum not Carbon. There is just not enough time for me to gather all $$ for Carbon Hi Mod 1 so instead of waiting for end of this summer I'm buying white Scalpel 3 2010

mtbr member
    ......... the Scalpel carbon is so light, quick and climbs so fast- it gives me a woody just thinking of it
    Now I know why you kept kissing it and it then turned green
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse
    How are you finding the SAVE seatpost on the Scalpel? I too like my rear shock to be hard. Thinking putting on my Flash seatpost on the Scalpel. Just like to hear your input. BTW, how did your 12hour race go?
    SAVE seatpost is great. Gives that little extra cush on the flat stuff so I can power through. 12h race went really well. Got 2nd place!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    very, very, very nice!
    I want a frame just like that... I own the old one (2007) but it just wont brake on me, to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by JoergStueger
    Hello!

My new Scalpel 3 ...

Cheers

Joerg

mtbr member
    Finally have some pictures to post. The BBQ 4 is mine and the silver/black 3 is my girlfriends. I bought the BBQ and bought her a womens F5 at the same time. A year went by and long story short the F5 was WAY undersized for her. She loved my bike and decided she had to have one for herself. So a quick craigslist add and the F5 was gone and she picked up the scalpel 3 that was on the showroom floor next to my 4 a year ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Scalpel!!!!-photo.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-photo-3.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-photo-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dblvanos
    Finally have some pictures to post. The BBQ 4 is mine and the silver/black 3 is my girlfriends. I bought the BBQ and bought her a womens F5 at the same time. A year went by and long story short the F5 was WAY undersized for her. She loved my bike and decided she had to have one for herself. So a quick craigslist add and the F5 was gone and she picked up the scalpel 3 that was on the showroom floor next to my 4 a year ago.
    Where is the second picture taken? It looks like there would be some insane riding there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Where is the second picture taken? It looks like there would be some insane riding there.
    WV, coopers rock to be specific, just outside of Morgantown.

mtbr member
    WV, coopers rock to be specific, just outside of Morgantown.
    Thought it looked like WV. I've ridden there a few times. Big Bear, and there at coopers rock. Not too far of a drive from here in Pittsburgh, so its a good destination for us for a quick weekend ride trip! Have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    Thought it looked like WV. I've ridden there a few times. Big Bear, and there at coopers rock. Not too far of a drive from here in Pittsburgh, so its a good destination for us for a quick weekend ride trip! Have fun!
    Thanks!

My best friend just moved to the burgh a few months ago, he is riding a rize carbon one. Do you ever do any group rides?

mtbr member
    Thanks!

My best friend just moved to the burgh a few months ago, he is riding a rize carbon one. Do you ever do any group rides?
    Not too often. I work a lot and do rides with fellow employees a lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1
    I had to get it re-dished but the Crossmax SLR Rocket Ron UST 2.25 rear combo works. It's actually amazing when pared with the 2.4 Rocket Ron up front. Not a racer's setup maybe, but for everyday it makes the Scalpel into an "all-mountain" machine.

I too would like to run a 2.25 Rocket Ron, who re-dished your wheel for you? You still happy with the setup?

mtbr member
    A little follow up to my ride, always under construction but the bike is getting pretty close to being perfect for me.

2.4 & 2.25 Rocket Ronís, the 2.25 will give a little rub on the chain stay under hard power, really an awesome setup for this bike and my terrain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Scalpel!!!!-img_1650.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-img_1651.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-img_1652.jpg  

Post your Scalpel!!!!-img_1653.jpg  

mtbr member
    Well, I'm very proud to announce my new purchase

Stock, brand new 2010 Scalpel 3 in red white paint, (I'm Polish so this is my national Colors).

Cannondale Maros Team
    You lucky one
    I wish I had a Scalpel in red, yellow and blue

mtbr member
    A little follow up to my ride, always under construction but the bike is getting pretty close to being perfect for me.

2.4 & 2.25 Rocket Ronís, the 2.25 will give a little rub on the chain stay under hard power, really an awesome setup for this bike and my terrain.
    How are the XX brakes? Is there any Avid turkey Gobble?

mtbr member
    No gobble yet, I love the modulation and power. I had a hard time deciding between the R1's and the XX's but the availability of avid parts and tech support made me go that route. I am not a huge fan of the pad contact adjustment, the juicy 7's knob is better, but I do not use the feature that often so I can live with it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

PAID FOR SALE SPAM - NEW '08 Scapel 3

I paid MTBR for a classified ad...hope you all don't mind if I post it here???

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=51833&cat=3

I really need to move this bike that I put on "lay-away" a few months ago but can not afford to pay off after they cut back my hours at work!
    I hate to give this beauty up, it is just what I always wanted but maybe 1 of you Scalpel lovers could use it?

Thanx for your consideration...

" width="549">

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Glad to see at least one other person has tried the 2.2.5/2.4 Rocket Ron combo! As you now know it is a very nice setup on the Scalpel.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1
    Glad to see at least one other person has tried the 2.2.5/2.4 Rocket Ron combo! As you now know it is a very nice setup on the Scalpel.
    It is a great setup. Stoped by the lbs this morning and had the wheel dished to the center of the stays. Really happy with how it turned out.

mtbr member
    Hi,i need some help ,what is the measure for a front derailleur top swing shimano for a scalpel 2009 ?and what is the right mesure of bb non bb30 cups ?68mm?73mm? thanks

Cannondale Maros Team
    68mm as far as I remember

LA CH»VRE
    Yep, the BB is 68mm wide and the derailleur clamp is 31.8.

mtbr member
    I want to change my leftys boots for this one with chamber ,anyone can tell mewhich is the right measure o air chamber to do this kind of boot ?its an mtb or road chamber ?measure ?1.8,1.9 etc ...

LA CH»VRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondaleportugal
    I want to change my leftys boots for this one with chamber ,anyone can tell mewhich is the right measure o air chamber to do this kind of boot ?its an mtb or road chamber ?measure ?1.8,1.9 etc ...
    Do you actually ride your bike as a mountain bike? If you do, stick with the stock boot unless you want to change the yearly service into a weekly rebuild...

mtbr member
    Why you say that ?does not protect the fork ?

LA CH»VRE
    Why you say that ?does not protect the fork ?
    Not very well no... The CFR team riders have a mechanic that can rebuild their Lefties after every races.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I was told its heat shrink tubing.

mtbr member
    dont do that give to much work after 2/4 run you need clean fork and new bearing grease on fork so that inner tube dont get stuÁk to fork

i try that to for some time then tune my lefty by 88+ and got 88+ boot shock on my lefty

i us some old Continental Supersonic tubes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krs16
    I was told its heat shrink tubing.
    That might work if you only shrink the top and bottom.

mtbr member
    Here is mine, so good. there is nothing like a lefty on a xc bike. I love it. 21.5 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Scalpel!!!!-me-my-scalpel.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by guvna
    Here is mine, so good. there is nothing like a lefty on a xc bike. I love it. 21.5 lbs
    nice bike!
    What's the Mona-Vie? Is it a team name or a kind of special edition?

I'm thinking about getting second bike and Scalpel is an option

LA CH»VRE
    There was a US team called Mona-Vie Cannondale. Members of the team included Tinker Juarez, Jeremiah Bishop, Sue Butler and many others, not only at the Pro level. The team is no more, it has been fused as the US wing of the Cannondale Factory Racing team now.

mtbr member
    Good explanation Dan. The local rep is a friend of mine and he was the director of the team. There tag line was [epic racing around the world] pretty cool, but cannondale wanted to focus on the factory racing team. Economic times and all.
    Mona Vie is an acai berry drink.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast