Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: post your rush

cannondale rider

post your rush

lets see some rushes

cannondale rider
    come on, doesnt anyone have a rush to post pictures of. i think they are great looking bikes.

Beep, Beep...

My Rush 1000...

This is my Rush 1000...
    Last edited by vizcaino; 11-10-2005 at 02:44 PM. Reason: I didn´t attach the picture..

mtbr member

Rush 1000

Viz-that is one great looking bike-enjoy. How do you like the mavic (are they Cross land wheels)?

Unit 91
    Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.
    Bikes

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.
    I used to cut every handlebars I had... It's better to have a too wide bar than a too narrow, it's easy to cut it, not as easy to make it wider. Any shop can cut it down if you want to.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-10-2005 at 10:37 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member

Team Colors

I must admit I wasn't as big a fan of the 2006 team replica paint as the 2005. But every time I see the new colors they look great. That raw finish with the black is realy sharp.

USED2COULD
    I'm glad someone finally posted a Rush - the stores around here (Ontario) are still waiting on their first shipments of the Rush, so I have yet to see one.

I'm eyeing up a Rush 2000

Do you have any more pictures of your Rush 1000? Better yet, do you have any initial impressions on the ride?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino

This is my Rush 1000...
    You know there is something strange w/ those cranks. I don't think this it FSA Afterburner that is specced on the bike. Just take a look at this Prophet 1000 and you can see the difference. Conspiracy?

Beep, Beep...

More Pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by rshank3499
    lets see some rushes
    These are more picture of my rush 1000.
    Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
    It is a very nice bike !!!.

mtbr member

These are more picture of my rush 1000.
    Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
    It is a very nice bike !!!.
    Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks.

LA CHÈVRE
    Crazy internet, just crazy! Double post... Might as well say something else:

Looks like the Mavic Crossland Lefty uses a Cannondale front hub, possible since it doesn't use crazy proprietary spokes like the Crossmax...

Crazy I tell ya!
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-11-2005 at 01:30 PM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks.
    Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too.

Beep, Beep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too.
    I have already removed the plastic between the cassette and spokes. I did it befor the first ride. The plastic platform on the egg beaters have been taken off as well. Those pictures were taken when I took the bike from the store (never ridden).

LA CHÈVRE
    I was just teasing... we're all jealous of your bike that's all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Any idea what she weighs?

Beep, Beep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy
    Any idea what she weighs?
    29 lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    29 lbs.
    It's gotta be less than 29lbs. ??? My 400 weighs in @ 30. Anyone have any suggestions for some ways to lighten a stock rush 400?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My Rush 1000 is also 29 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patsplat
    It's gotta be less than 29lbs. ??? My 400 weighs in @ 30. Anyone have any suggestions for some ways to lighten a stock rush 400?
    like all cheaper c-dale models, start with the wheels and tires. Then as you budget goes deeper get some light hydro stoppers like xtr with non dual control xt levers and run etierh titanium or aluminum rotors. Get you a better crank. an xtr crank will save you another 400 to 500 grams. If you don't want to spend that kind of jack take a look at the race face dues. Those are good cranks as well an 2/3 of the price.

also get some carbon bars/seat post/ and a Fizik Gobi saddle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    like all cheaper c-dale models, start with the wheels and tires. Then as you budget goes deeper get some light hydro stoppers like xtr with non dual control xt levers and run etierh titanium or aluminum rotors. Get you a better crank. an xtr crank will save you another 400 to 500 grams. If you don't want to spend that kind of jack take a look at the race face dues. Those are good cranks as well an 2/3 of the price.

also get some carbon bars/seat post/ and a Fizik Gobi saddle.
    Thanks! I found some mavic wheels w/ xtr hubs for a decent price but don't know if they'll work since they don't have the six bolt disc brake attachment points. They're a different type.

mtbr member
    Thanks! I found some mavic wheels w/ xtr hubs for a decent price but don't know if they'll work since they don't have the six bolt disc brake attachment points. They're a different type.
    They are the shimano centerlock hubs. There are a couple of centerlock adapters available that convert the hub to a normal 6 bolt pattern or you can just buy some centerlock rotors. It would be much cheaper to buy the adapter and use your current rotors.

Salt of the Earth

Ok, I will Bite -- My New Rush 800

My new 800. Replaces an 02 Jekyll 800.

Size Large. I am 6'0" with a 33" inseam, just in case you are wondering (some are it seems).

2 rides so far on a mix of surfaces and terrain (and all at 26 degrees F ... brrr).

Love it. Stock, but dumped the egg beaters for Shimano SPD's due to all my shoes having Shimano cleats on them (for now) .

Took the pics with flash on in a darker room to get the reflective effect on the decals. Can post daylight pics as well for those interested in the look as most will see it.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Alternate color for 1000

Here is my Rush 1000 during it's build up phase.
    I dumped the wide riser and put on a flat carbon.
    Also needed to get a little more out of the seatpost .
    So I went with the Thomson.
    Great riding bike.
    rideyourbicycle.blogspot.com

cannondale rider
    the reflective decals are real cool. the rush is a sweet bike. i think looks wise, its a way better bike then the prophet, although i think the prophet with the higher bottom bracket is a better bike for me

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    i cant see the diffrence between the rush and my friends prophet.....what are the diffrences?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    i cant see the diffrence between the rush and my friends prophet.....what are the diffrences?
    Visually or technically? Visually, the Prophet's top tube(s) are actually two tubes while the Rush has only one curved tube. Prophets look more like Big Foots too since they sit higher from the ground.

a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Freak
    My new 800. Replaces an 02 Jekyll 800.

Size Large. I am 6'0" with a 33" inseam, just in case you are wondering (some are it seems).

2 rides so far on a mix of surfaces and terrain (and all at 26 degrees F ... brrr).

Love it. Stock, but dumped the egg beaters for Shimano SPD's due to all my shoes having Shimano cleats on them (for now) .

Took the pics with flash on in a darker room to get the reflective effect on the decals. Can post daylight pics as well for those interested in the look as most will see it.

Cheers.
    LOVE that red!
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    i get mine on saturday, hella excited! its a rush 2000, with crossmax SL's, but with a alu lefty ( just dont trust carbon over the long term, have had some bad experiences, but not with the forks)

test rode a 2000 in a solo run at a 4 hour enduro on the weekend and it was the shiznit.

got an awsome deal from turramurra cyclery in sydney, so pretty stoked and cant wait to give it a run! ill post some pics when i get a chance

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Stick-a-fied ! Thanks Shiggy !

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Good job!

new Rush 2000 with Mavic Crossmax SL's. get to break it in this weekend, v happy!

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
    new Rush 2000 with Mavic Crossmax SL's. get to break it in this weekend, v happy!
    Sweet! Very nice bike. It is looking like my next bike will be a Rush 2000, please post as many pictures as you can!

I look forward to the weekend ride report!

NS2000X

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    ok, i broke down and bought a digital scale from lbs. my stock rush 400 weighs 31.15 lbs. now with the new mavic xtr wheelset, xt cassette and center lock rotors it weighs 29.21. Next up xtr cranks, 1lbs. savings????

How do i post pictures here?????

USED2COULD
    ok, i broke down and bought a digital scale from lbs. my stock rush 400 weighs 31.15 lbs. now with the new mavic xtr wheelset, xt cassette and center lock rotors it weighs 29.21. Next up xtr cranks, 1lbs. savings????

How do i post pictures here?????
    Your stock crankset weighs 840 grams
    Your stock BB weighs about 330grams (UN25 weight - shimano don't list the UN26 - assume OEM only)
    Total of 1170 grams
    XTR weighs 797 grams cranks /rings/BB

That is a savings of 373 grams (0.82 lbs).

You should note that an XT crank/rings/bb weighs in at 860 grams, or a 310 gram (0.68 lb) saving from stock.

Or a Race Face Deus for 830 grams. (340g / 0.75lbs).

The XT and RF sets will save you $$$ over the XTR set and still save ton's of weight.

Happy Weight Weenie Work

NS2000X

mtbr member
    I can't wait untill I get my rush. Sometime between jan 8 and 15th I should have the frame. Here is a litte preview. Built for xc racing.

Frame Details

2006 Rush Si, 110mm
    Raw w/Black Tinted Clear Hyper Highlight
    Lefty Speed Carbon FOX TerraLogic TT, 110 mm
    FOX Float RP3

Components (this may change a little, depending on budget and availability)

Hollowgram crankset
    xtr or lx fd
    xtr or sram xo rd
    xt triggers or sram xo triggers myabe even grip shift
    somesort of sweet anodized cable housing
    magura marta brakes
    stans alum rotors
    easton ec 70 seatpost or ritchey wcs
    easton ec 90 flat bar or ritchey wcs
    c-dale stem non oversized
    fizik gobi saddle
    johar foam grips
    hyperbolts ti bottle cage
    american classic disc 350 weelset, sapim x-ray spokes, ceramic bearings, ti skewers with c-dale omega front hub adn notubes treatment or mavic crossmax sl lefty wheelset

and to polish it all off, as many ti bolts as I can afford for the stem, faceplate, brakes, rotors, derailerus, bottle cages, seatpost, seatpost binder, shifter and brake lever clamps.
    one pedal stroke at a time

Crooooow!

... and if we just ... going from the Med to the Large

Took my large rush out today...it rides SOOOO sweeeeetttt!

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepwoods-Flyer
    Took my large rush out today...it rides SOOOO sweeeeetttt!
    Looks like a galvanized 2000. This is the first picture I have seen of that colour.

Do you happen to know the weight of your stock Rush 2000? Any other comments on the ride?

Why the large over the medium?

Cheers.

NS2000X

PS: Sweet Bike!

Crooooow!

the color is raw with a smoke clear coat

Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Looks like a galvanized 2000. This is the first picture I have seen of that colour.

Do you happen to know the weight of your stock Rush 2000? Any other comments on the ride?

Why the large over the medium?

Cheers.

NS2000X

PS: Sweet Bike!
    Thanks...I ordered the Moca brown 2000 in a med BUT it was WAY too small for me...So I sold it on ebay and ordered a frame in large.....As for the weight, I dont have a scale But I will be going to a shop this weekend so I could find out...as for the size increase..the frame felt great in a med BUT the fork was in too close. If I hit anything I would go over the handlebars ...all of my weight was over the front end...Now since the frame swap it feel like a 18 inch hardtale with a 23 inch top tube(I know that the toptube legenth is NOT 23 inches but now it feels balanced)..

USED2COULD

that would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Deepwoods-Flyer
    Thanks...I ordered the Moca brown 2000 in a med BUT it was WAY too small for me...So I sold it on ebay and ordered a frame in large.....As for the weight, I dont have a scale But I will be going to a shop this weekend so I could find out...as for the size increase..the frame felt great in a med BUT the fork was in too close. If I hit anything I would go over the handlebars ...all of my weight was over the front end...Now since the frame swap it feel like a 18 inch hardtale with a 23 inch top tube(I know that the toptube legenth is NOT 23 inches but now it feels balanced)..
    that makes sense as to why the decals aren't the glow in the dark decals. I guess I still am yet to see a galvanized Rush 2000. I should get to test ride a medium in a little over a week, I'll look out for the sensation you mention regarding too much of my weight over the front of the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    that makes sense as to why the decals aren't the glow in the dark decals. I guess I still am yet to see a galvanized Rush 2000. I should get to test ride a medium in a little over a week, I'll look out for the sensation you mention regarding too much of my weight over the front of the bike.
    My father has a galvanised Rush 2000 and it looks great and a nice match for my Galvanized Prophet 4000. The prophet wieghed in at 12.2 kg while the Rush was 12.4 kg. Not too much weight difference considering the cost of the 2 bikes - The crossmax SLs would be nice on the Rush IMO.. I'll try to get some photos this weekend as we're both doing a 7 hr race.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger9
    My father has a galvanised Rush 2000 and it looks great and a nice match for my Galvanized Prophet 4000. The prophet wieghed in at 12.2 kg while the Rush was 12.4 kg. Not too much weight difference considering the cost of the 2 bikes - The crossmax SLs would be nice on the Rush IMO.. I'll try to get some photos this weekend as we're both doing a 7 hr race.
    Photo's will be great.
    Though I really wasn't expecting a Rush 2000 to be over 27 lbs. Thanks for your figures.

LA CHÈVRE
    Photo's will be great.
    Though I really wasn't expecting a Rush 2000 to be over 27 lbs. Thanks for your figures.
    Me neither, my Prophet 2000 is about that! Doesn't make it any less of a nice bike!
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 12-02-2005 at 02:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Photo's will be great.

When you look at the similarities of the two frames (same swingarm) and a 40mm reduction in travel it's hard to see how there could be a significant weight difference. The main components are all the same on both the Rush and Prophet. It's worth noting that my Prophet has tubeless Pythons and not the Hi Rollers so there is about a 400g saving there, but the Pythons are more comparable to the Rush's tyres. Trying to compare apples with apples but remember my Prophet is a 4000, the Rush is a 2000.

USED2COULD
    When you look at the similarities of the two frames (same swingarm) and a 40mm reduction in travel it's hard to see how there could be a significant weight difference. The main components are all the same on both the Rush and Prophet. It's worth noting that my Prophet has tubeless Pythons and not the Hi Rollers so there is about a 400g saving there, but the Pythons are more comparable to the Rush's tyres. Trying to compare apples with apples but remember my Prophet is a 4000, the Rush is a 2000.
    To be clear, I wasn't questioning the low weight of your very high end Prophet. I was just a little surprised at the weight of the Rush 2000. Though with several reported Rush 1000 weights of 29lb's, it sounds reasonable (though dissapointing).

The next point regarding the similarities of the frames, yes and no. The swingarms are similar but not identical (Prophet has dual shock positions). Of course the additional frame member, but the most telling aspect, which is the most difficult to determine is varying tube wall thickness. There is no easy (non desructive) way of comparing the varying wall thickness on each frame.

I guess I was hoping stock the Rush 2000 would be lighter than the Trek Fuel EX9. Which by my count (and Cannondale's claimed frame weight - it was).

USED2COULD
    Hello Again - Mountain Bike have now posted their review online:

http://www.mountainbike.com/gear/art...18_602,00.html

Their numbers on the Rush 2000 (large) are very close to yours

26lb 13oz without pedals = 12,172 g (approx)
    Egg beaters are 266grams (Stainless Model)

Total: 12,438 g

aka baycat
    Here is my black 600

Hup, Hup
    Sweet looking Rush, baycat. What are your impressions so far?
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

aka baycat
    Good so far, here is a much more detailed account.

It accelerates really well, I havent got used to climbing with it, seems I have to get out of the seat more and hammer. I like to sit and grind. I love the HA on the bike though!

Rush 600 Ride Report & Pics

...soon to be sith lord..
    Do you know how much your 600 weighs? or how about that 800? I'm getting a Rush in the spring and haven't decided on which model. I don't know about the dual control on the 800 and I ride Crank Bros. pedals, which is on the 800. The 1000 is probably my best bet as far as setup goes (both trigger shifters and Eggbeaters), but may be a bit out of my price range.

aka baycat
    Bugger is heavy, I think the 1000 weighs 28+ lbs. WHy not get the 600 and swap out for new trigger shifters and eggbeaters if that is what you are looking for in an upgrade. Cheaper too than buying the 1000 compared to the 600, plus you get hydros not mechs

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast