Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 1160

Thread: post your rush

  1. #1
    cannondale rider
    Reputation: rshank3499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162

    post your rush

    lets see some rushes

  2. #2
    cannondale rider
    Reputation: rshank3499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162
    come on, doesnt anyone have a rush to post pictures of. i think they are great looking bikes.

  3. #3
    Beep, Beep...
    Reputation: vizcaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247

    My Rush 1000...


    This is my Rush 1000...
    Last edited by vizcaino; 11-10-2005 at 03:44 PM. Reason: I didn´t attach the picture..

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    Rush 1000

    Viz-that is one great looking bike-enjoy. How do you like the mavic (are they Cross land wheels)?

  5. #5
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,388
    Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.
    Bikes

  6. #6
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Is it just me or do some of the Rush's come with extremely wide handlebars. We have an 800 at our shop and good gosh those things are wide.
    I used to cut every handlebars I had... It's better to have a too wide bar than a too narrow, it's easy to cut it, not as easy to make it wider. Any shop can cut it down if you want to.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-10-2005 at 11:37 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    Team Colors

    I must admit I wasn't as big a fan of the 2006 team replica paint as the 2005. But every time I see the new colors they look great. That raw finish with the black is realy sharp.

  8. #8
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    I'm glad someone finally posted a Rush - the stores around here (Ontario) are still waiting on their first shipments of the Rush, so I have yet to see one.

    I'm eyeing up a Rush 2000

    Do you have any more pictures of your Rush 1000? Better yet, do you have any initial impressions on the ride?

    Thanks in advance.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino

    This is my Rush 1000...
    You know there is something strange w/ those cranks. I don't think this it FSA Afterburner that is specced on the bike. Just take a look at this Prophet 1000 and you can see the difference. Conspiracy?

  10. #10
    Beep, Beep...
    Reputation: vizcaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247

    More Pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by rshank3499
    lets see some rushes
    These are more picture of my rush 1000.
    Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
    It is a very nice bike !!!.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino


    These are more picture of my rush 1000.
    Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
    It is a very nice bike !!!.
    Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks.

  12. #12
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Crazy internet, just crazy! Double post... Might as well say something else:

    Looks like the Mavic Crossland Lefty uses a Cannondale front hub, possible since it doesn't use crazy proprietary spokes like the Crossmax...

    Crazy I tell ya!
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-11-2005 at 02:30 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  13. #13
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Oh, please take down those plastic pieces (behind the cassette, on the pedals and spokes) it totaly ruins the looks.
    Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  14. #14
    Beep, Beep...
    Reputation: vizcaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Agreed, that plastic disc between the cassette and spokes belong on a crappy bike, not on you Rush. But it's the first time I see plastic pedal clip-ins for eggbeaters... Still, take these off too.
    I have already removed the plastic between the cassette and spokes. I did it befor the first ride. The plastic platform on the egg beaters have been taken off as well. Those pictures were taken when I took the bike from the store (never ridden).

  15. #15
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    I was just teasing... we're all jealous of your bike that's all.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    198
    Any idea what she weighs?

  17. #17
    Beep, Beep...
    Reputation: vizcaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy
    Any idea what she weighs?
    29 lbs.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by vizcaino
    29 lbs.
    It's gotta be less than 29lbs. ??? My 400 weighs in @ 30. Anyone have any suggestions for some ways to lighten a stock rush 400?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    115
    My Rush 1000 is also 29 lbs.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by patsplat
    It's gotta be less than 29lbs. ??? My 400 weighs in @ 30. Anyone have any suggestions for some ways to lighten a stock rush 400?
    like all cheaper c-dale models, start with the wheels and tires. Then as you budget goes deeper get some light hydro stoppers like xtr with non dual control xt levers and run etierh titanium or aluminum rotors. Get you a better crank. an xtr crank will save you another 400 to 500 grams. If you don't want to spend that kind of jack take a look at the race face dues. Those are good cranks as well an 2/3 of the price.

    also get some carbon bars/seat post/ and a Fizik Gobi saddle.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    like all cheaper c-dale models, start with the wheels and tires. Then as you budget goes deeper get some light hydro stoppers like xtr with non dual control xt levers and run etierh titanium or aluminum rotors. Get you a better crank. an xtr crank will save you another 400 to 500 grams. If you don't want to spend that kind of jack take a look at the race face dues. Those are good cranks as well an 2/3 of the price.

    also get some carbon bars/seat post/ and a Fizik Gobi saddle.
    Thanks! I found some mavic wheels w/ xtr hubs for a decent price but don't know if they'll work since they don't have the six bolt disc brake attachment points. They're a different type.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by patsplat
    Thanks! I found some mavic wheels w/ xtr hubs for a decent price but don't know if they'll work since they don't have the six bolt disc brake attachment points. They're a different type.
    They are the shimano centerlock hubs. There are a couple of centerlock adapters available that convert the hub to a normal 6 bolt pattern or you can just buy some centerlock rotors. It would be much cheaper to buy the adapter and use your current rotors.

  23. #23
    Salt of the Earth
    Reputation: Le Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    117

    Ok, I will Bite -- My New Rush 800

    My new 800. Replaces an 02 Jekyll 800.

    Size Large. I am 6'0" with a 33" inseam, just in case you are wondering (some are it seems).

    2 rides so far on a mix of surfaces and terrain (and all at 26 degrees F ... brrr).

    Love it. Stock, but dumped the egg beaters for Shimano SPD's due to all my shoes having Shimano cleats on them (for now) .

    Took the pics with flash on in a darker room to get the reflective effect on the decals. Can post daylight pics as well for those interested in the look as most will see it.

    Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eayste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    217

    Alternate color for 1000

    Here is my Rush 1000 during it's build up phase.
    I dumped the wide riser and put on a flat carbon.
    Also needed to get a little more out of the seatpost .
    So I went with the Thomson.
    Great riding bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    rideyourbicycle.blogspot.com

  25. #25
    cannondale rider
    Reputation: rshank3499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    162
    the reflective decals are real cool. the rush is a sweet bike. i think looks wise, its a way better bike then the prophet, although i think the prophet with the higher bottom bracket is a better bike for me

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    327
    i cant see the diffrence between the rush and my friends prophet.....what are the diffrences?

  27. #27
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    i cant see the diffrence between the rush and my friends prophet.....what are the diffrences?
    Visually or technically? Visually, the Prophet's top tube(s) are actually two tubes while the Rush has only one curved tube. Prophets look more like Big Foots too since they sit higher from the ground.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  28. #28
    a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    Reputation: ryoninct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Freak
    My new 800. Replaces an 02 Jekyll 800.

    Size Large. I am 6'0" with a 33" inseam, just in case you are wondering (some are it seems).

    2 rides so far on a mix of surfaces and terrain (and all at 26 degrees F ... brrr).

    Love it. Stock, but dumped the egg beaters for Shimano SPD's due to all my shoes having Shimano cleats on them (for now) .

    Took the pics with flash on in a darker room to get the reflective effect on the decals. Can post daylight pics as well for those interested in the look as most will see it.

    Cheers.
    LOVE that red!
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11
    i get mine on saturday, hella excited! its a rush 2000, with crossmax SL's, but with a alu lefty ( just dont trust carbon over the long term, have had some bad experiences, but not with the forks)

    test rode a 2000 in a solo run at a 4 hour enduro on the weekend and it was the shiznit.

    got an awsome deal from turramurra cyclery in sydney, so pretty stoked and cant wait to give it a run! ill post some pics when i get a chance

  30. #30
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,219
    Stick-a-fied ! Thanks Shiggy !

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11

    Good job!

    new Rush 2000 with Mavic Crossmax SL's. get to break it in this weekend, v happy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  32. #32
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
    new Rush 2000 with Mavic Crossmax SL's. get to break it in this weekend, v happy!
    Sweet! Very nice bike. It is looking like my next bike will be a Rush 2000, please post as many pictures as you can!

    I look forward to the weekend ride report!

    NS2000X

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    14
    ok, i broke down and bought a digital scale from lbs. my stock rush 400 weighs 31.15 lbs. now with the new mavic xtr wheelset, xt cassette and center lock rotors it weighs 29.21. Next up xtr cranks, 1lbs. savings????

    How do i post pictures here?????

  34. #34
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by patsplat
    ok, i broke down and bought a digital scale from lbs. my stock rush 400 weighs 31.15 lbs. now with the new mavic xtr wheelset, xt cassette and center lock rotors it weighs 29.21. Next up xtr cranks, 1lbs. savings????

    How do i post pictures here?????
    Your stock crankset weighs 840 grams
    Your stock BB weighs about 330grams (UN25 weight - shimano don't list the UN26 - assume OEM only)
    Total of 1170 grams
    XTR weighs 797 grams cranks /rings/BB

    That is a savings of 373 grams (0.82 lbs).

    You should note that an XT crank/rings/bb weighs in at 860 grams, or a 310 gram (0.68 lb) saving from stock.

    Or a Race Face Deus for 830 grams. (340g / 0.75lbs).

    The XT and RF sets will save you $$$ over the XTR set and still save ton's of weight.

    Happy Weight Weenie Work

    NS2000X

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    223
    I can't wait untill I get my rush. Sometime between jan 8 and 15th I should have the frame. Here is a litte preview. Built for xc racing.

    Frame Details

    2006 Rush Si, 110mm
    Raw w/Black Tinted Clear Hyper Highlight
    Lefty Speed Carbon FOX TerraLogic TT, 110 mm
    FOX Float RP3

    Components (this may change a little, depending on budget and availability)

    Hollowgram crankset
    xtr or lx fd
    xtr or sram xo rd
    xt triggers or sram xo triggers myabe even grip shift
    somesort of sweet anodized cable housing
    magura marta brakes
    stans alum rotors
    easton ec 70 seatpost or ritchey wcs
    easton ec 90 flat bar or ritchey wcs
    c-dale stem non oversized
    fizik gobi saddle
    johar foam grips
    hyperbolts ti bottle cage
    american classic disc 350 weelset, sapim x-ray spokes, ceramic bearings, ti skewers with c-dale omega front hub adn notubes treatment or mavic crossmax sl lefty wheelset

    and to polish it all off, as many ti bolts as I can afford for the stem, faceplate, brakes, rotors, derailerus, bottle cages, seatpost, seatpost binder, shifter and brake lever clamps.
    one pedal stroke at a time

  36. #36
    Crooooow!
    Reputation: Deepwoods-Flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    54

    ... and if we just ... going from the Med to the Large

    Took my large rush out today...it rides SOOOO sweeeeetttt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  37. #37
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepwoods-Flyer
    Took my large rush out today...it rides SOOOO sweeeeetttt!
    Looks like a galvanized 2000. This is the first picture I have seen of that colour.

    Do you happen to know the weight of your stock Rush 2000? Any other comments on the ride?

    Why the large over the medium?

    Cheers.

    NS2000X

    PS: Sweet Bike!

  38. #38
    Crooooow!
    Reputation: Deepwoods-Flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    54

    the color is raw with a smoke clear coat

    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Looks like a galvanized 2000. This is the first picture I have seen of that colour.

    Do you happen to know the weight of your stock Rush 2000? Any other comments on the ride?

    Why the large over the medium?

    Cheers.

    NS2000X

    PS: Sweet Bike!
    Thanks...I ordered the Moca brown 2000 in a med BUT it was WAY too small for me...So I sold it on ebay and ordered a frame in large.....As for the weight, I dont have a scale But I will be going to a shop this weekend so I could find out...as for the size increase..the frame felt great in a med BUT the fork was in too close. If I hit anything I would go over the handlebars ...all of my weight was over the front end...Now since the frame swap it feel like a 18 inch hardtale with a 23 inch top tube(I know that the toptube legenth is NOT 23 inches but now it feels balanced)..

  39. #39
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274

    that would make sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepwoods-Flyer
    Thanks...I ordered the Moca brown 2000 in a med BUT it was WAY too small for me...So I sold it on ebay and ordered a frame in large.....As for the weight, I dont have a scale But I will be going to a shop this weekend so I could find out...as for the size increase..the frame felt great in a med BUT the fork was in too close. If I hit anything I would go over the handlebars ...all of my weight was over the front end...Now since the frame swap it feel like a 18 inch hardtale with a 23 inch top tube(I know that the toptube legenth is NOT 23 inches but now it feels balanced)..
    that makes sense as to why the decals aren't the glow in the dark decals. I guess I still am yet to see a galvanized Rush 2000. I should get to test ride a medium in a little over a week, I'll look out for the sensation you mention regarding too much of my weight over the front of the bike.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    that makes sense as to why the decals aren't the glow in the dark decals. I guess I still am yet to see a galvanized Rush 2000. I should get to test ride a medium in a little over a week, I'll look out for the sensation you mention regarding too much of my weight over the front of the bike.
    My father has a galvanised Rush 2000 and it looks great and a nice match for my Galvanized Prophet 4000. The prophet wieghed in at 12.2 kg while the Rush was 12.4 kg. Not too much weight difference considering the cost of the 2 bikes - The crossmax SLs would be nice on the Rush IMO.. I'll try to get some photos this weekend as we're both doing a 7 hr race.

  41. #41
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger9
    My father has a galvanised Rush 2000 and it looks great and a nice match for my Galvanized Prophet 4000. The prophet wieghed in at 12.2 kg while the Rush was 12.4 kg. Not too much weight difference considering the cost of the 2 bikes - The crossmax SLs would be nice on the Rush IMO.. I'll try to get some photos this weekend as we're both doing a 7 hr race.
    Photo's will be great.
    Though I really wasn't expecting a Rush 2000 to be over 27 lbs. Thanks for your figures.

  42. #42
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Photo's will be great.
    Though I really wasn't expecting a Rush 2000 to be over 27 lbs. Thanks for your figures.
    Me neither, my Prophet 2000 is about that! Doesn't make it any less of a nice bike!
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 12-02-2005 at 03:35 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Photo's will be great.
    Though I really wasn't expecting a Rush 2000 to be over 27 lbs. Thanks for your figures.

    When you look at the similarities of the two frames (same swingarm) and a 40mm reduction in travel it's hard to see how there could be a significant weight difference. The main components are all the same on both the Rush and Prophet. It's worth noting that my Prophet has tubeless Pythons and not the Hi Rollers so there is about a 400g saving there, but the Pythons are more comparable to the Rush's tyres. Trying to compare apples with apples but remember my Prophet is a 4000, the Rush is a 2000.

  44. #44
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger9
    When you look at the similarities of the two frames (same swingarm) and a 40mm reduction in travel it's hard to see how there could be a significant weight difference. The main components are all the same on both the Rush and Prophet. It's worth noting that my Prophet has tubeless Pythons and not the Hi Rollers so there is about a 400g saving there, but the Pythons are more comparable to the Rush's tyres. Trying to compare apples with apples but remember my Prophet is a 4000, the Rush is a 2000.
    To be clear, I wasn't questioning the low weight of your very high end Prophet. I was just a little surprised at the weight of the Rush 2000. Though with several reported Rush 1000 weights of 29lb's, it sounds reasonable (though dissapointing).

    The next point regarding the similarities of the frames, yes and no. The swingarms are similar but not identical (Prophet has dual shock positions). Of course the additional frame member, but the most telling aspect, which is the most difficult to determine is varying tube wall thickness. There is no easy (non desructive) way of comparing the varying wall thickness on each frame.

    I guess I was hoping stock the Rush 2000 would be lighter than the Trek Fuel EX9. Which by my count (and Cannondale's claimed frame weight - it was).

  45. #45
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger9
    My father has a galvanised Rush 2000 and it looks great and a nice match for my Galvanized Prophet 4000. The prophet wieghed in at 12.2 kg while the Rush was 12.4 kg. Not too much weight difference considering the cost of the 2 bikes - The crossmax SLs would be nice on the Rush IMO.. I'll try to get some photos this weekend as we're both doing a 7 hr race.
    Hello Again - Mountain Bike have now posted their review online:

    http://www.mountainbike.com/gear/art...18_602,00.html

    Their numbers on the Rush 2000 (large) are very close to yours

    26lb 13oz without pedals = 12,172 g (approx)
    Egg beaters are 266grams (Stainless Model)

    Total: 12,438 g

  46. #46
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Here is my black 600
    Attached Images Attached Images

  47. #47
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Sweet looking Rush, baycat. What are your impressions so far?
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  48. #48
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Good so far, here is a much more detailed account.

    It accelerates really well, I havent got used to climbing with it, seems I have to get out of the seat more and hammer. I like to sit and grind. I love the HA on the bike though!

    Rush 600 Ride Report & Pics

  49. #49
    ...soon to be sith lord..
    Reputation: obi_twan_kenobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    Do you know how much your 600 weighs? or how about that 800? I'm getting a Rush in the spring and haven't decided on which model. I don't know about the dual control on the 800 and I ride Crank Bros. pedals, which is on the 800. The 1000 is probably my best bet as far as setup goes (both trigger shifters and Eggbeaters), but may be a bit out of my price range.

  50. #50
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Bugger is heavy, I think the 1000 weighs 28+ lbs. WHy not get the 600 and swap out for new trigger shifters and eggbeaters if that is what you are looking for in an upgrade. Cheaper too than buying the 1000 compared to the 600, plus you get hydros not mechs

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by obi_twan_kenobe
    Do you know how much your 600 weighs? or how about that 800? I'm getting a Rush in the spring and haven't decided on which model. I don't know about the dual control on the 800 and I ride Crank Bros. pedals, which is on the 800. The 1000 is probably my best bet as far as setup goes (both trigger shifters and Eggbeaters), but may be a bit out of my price range.

    Although I got a Prophet 600 instead of the Rush when I was in a shop a few weeks back they put a 100% stock Rush 600 on the scale and it was just over 29 pounds. A Rush 1000 was almost the same weight (I think the hydros weight more?). Both have SRAM trigger shifters and I never considered an 800 because of the dual control shifters. Overall I think the 600 is a great value. Note the rear shock on the 600 is just a Fox Float (no rebound). Would be easy enough to upgrade to an RP3 in the future....

  52. #52
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Do they even have RP3s for the Rush, I think a Float R would be sufficent.

  53. #53
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Do they even have RP3s for the Rush, I think a Float R would be sufficent.
    The 1000 / 2000 / 3000 / Team Replica - all use RP3's.

  54. #54
    Salt of the Earth
    Reputation: Le Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    117

    My Rush 800 has a Float R with ProPedal...

    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    The 1000 / 2000 / 3000 / Team Replica - all use RP3's.
    If you look at the shock, you will notice it has been factory valved to be the equivalent of the "3" (full platform) setting on a RP3 shock.

    Given the rather serious (but likeable.. at least by me) falling rate of the design, I am not sure I would want any less platform than the 3 setting anyways.

    Anyone with an RP3 on a Rush care to weigh in?

    I do like the rebound control though and do use it depending on what type of riding I will be doing...

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coalriver-rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    171

    Is the yours?

    So are you selling your bike or did someone steal your pics?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/06-Cannondale-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem



    Quote Originally Posted by Le Freak
    My new 800. Replaces an 02 Jekyll 800.

    Size Large. I am 6'0" with a 33" inseam, just in case you are wondering (some are it seems).

    2 rides so far on a mix of surfaces and terrain (and all at 26 degrees F ... brrr).

    Love it. Stock, but dumped the egg beaters for Shimano SPD's due to all my shoes having Shimano cleats on them (for now) .

    Took the pics with flash on in a darker room to get the reflective effect on the decals. Can post daylight pics as well for those interested in the look as most will see it.

    Cheers.
    Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth.

  56. #56
    Salt of the Earth
    Reputation: Le Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    117

    Punk stole my pictures... LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by coalriver-rider
    So are you selling your bike or did someone steal your pics?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/06-Cannondale-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem
    Jusk Kidding.

    It is in fact mine. I really enjoy it but am finding I ride my Dawg Dee-Lux more (mostly due to the TT length; nothing else); that said, I will be buying another Rush, it's just that it will be a Feminine.

    Really mixed feelings about it but I really don't need two bikes hanging around and my wifes HT needs the replacement.

  57. #57
    mutaullyassuredsuffering
    Reputation: used2Bhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,053

    New Rush

    Finally got 'er set up. A rush 2500!

    It's a 3000 frame (black tinted clear) with XTR front and rear der's, monkeylite bars, Pave carbon seat, and Crossmax SL's. It's got the XT shiferter/brakes and crank from a scalpel 2000, and an alum Lefty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  58. #58
    mutaullyassuredsuffering
    Reputation: used2Bhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,053
    cont...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTB1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    862
    ^Very nice Rush, I like that color frame a lot.
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

  60. #60
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    Finally got 'er set up. A rush 2500!

    It's a 3000 frame (black tinted clear) with XTR front and rear der's, monkeylite bars, Pave carbon seat, and Crossmax SL's. It's got the XT shiferter/brakes and crank from a scalpel 2000, and an alum Lefty.
    I am totally digging this shot, the reflective decals are sweet.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  61. #61
    mutaullyassuredsuffering
    Reputation: used2Bhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,053

    Thanks

    I love it in the sunlight too when the decals are all blacked out. Sheeee's alot of fun!

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    Finally got 'er set up. A rush 2500!

    It's a 3000 frame (black tinted clear) with XTR front and rear der's, monkeylite bars, Pave carbon seat, and Crossmax SL's. It's got the XT shiferter/brakes and crank from a scalpel 2000, and an alum Lefty.
    love the color of that rush!

  63. #63
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    I just received word that my Rush 2000 should be here next week. I cannot wait!!
    My Rush 2000 should also arrive at the dealer in the next week. I chose the Mocha Brown, how about you?

  64. #64
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    I just received word that my Rush 2000 should be here next week. I cannot wait!!
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  65. #65
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    My Rush 2000 should also arrive at the dealer in the next week. I chose the Mocha Brown, how about you?
    Nice choice, mine will also be Mocha Brown.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bleebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    73
    <i>These are more picture of my rush 1000.
    Rims are Mavic Crossland and the crank is a FSA Afterburner.
    It is a very nice bike !!!.</i>

    They were great pictures vizcaino, better than in the catalog and they were probably what swayed me into spending the extra bling to get the rush 1000 rather than the rush 600.

    I'm happy with the purchase even if the wife is not.

  67. #67
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by bleebs

    I'm happy with the purchase even if the wife is not.
    Maybe she will warm up to it?
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bleebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    Maybe she will warm up to it?
    She knows how much it cost, so I can safely say that she never will.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    95
    Does anyone have any big pictures of the Rush 1000 in the Dark Grey color? I should get mine in about a week or two. I'm stoked...

  70. #70
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    I just received a call from the shop that my Rush 2000 has arrived. It will be built and photographed for your viewing pleasure by this evening.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  71. #71
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    I just received a call from the shop that my Rush 2000 has arrived. It will be built and photographed for your viewing pleasure by this evening.
    Superb!
    I can't wait to see your pictures.
    I also look forward to your review vs. your Fuel.

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbidwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    I just received a call from the shop that my Rush 2000 has arrived. It will be built and photographed for your viewing pleasure by this evening.
    Gosh I just remembered.. "Honey, I need to run to Cedar Falls for um... something."
    Can't wait to see it Carl! I do believe this will be my next bike purchase unless the 29er-phet or 29er-ush becomes reality. Very nice pics here.

  73. #73
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Okay, I have a few pictures here. I actually have a ton more (I get a little trigger happy with the camera when new bikes arrive ). More later. After installing Shimano 540 pedals and Ergon grips it weighed in at 27 lbs.











    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    Okay, I have a few pictures here. I actually have a ton more (I get a little trigger happy with the camera when new bikes arrive ). More later. After installing Shimano 540 pedals and Ergon grips it weighed in at 27 lbs.
    Gotcha! I don't think those pictures were taken yesterday, cause I have seen them on "Guitar Ted" blog more than 4 MONTHS ago.

    Just check this out, it's the same pictures! I know you didn't want to make us envy you your bike you've had for such a long time but it's really ok, were nice guys.

    EDIT: posted more specific URL

  75. #75
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Gotcha! I don't think those pictures were taken yesterday, cause I have seen them on "Guitar Ted" blog more than 4 MONTHS ago.

    Just check this out, it's the same pictures! I know you didn't want to make us envy you your bike you've had for such a long time but it's really ok, were nice guys.

    EDIT: posted more specific URL
    The last picture is from Guitar Ted because the reflective decals came out better with his camera. The rest of the pictures are from last night after I finshed putting it together.So in all actuallity there is one picture that is his. Same bike by the way, I work with Ted and the bike was a demo from our rep.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbidwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    The last picture is from Guitar Ted because the reflective decals came out better with his camera. The rest of the pictures are from last night after I finshed putting it together.So in all actuallity there is one picture that is his. Same bike by the way, I work with Ted and the bike was a demo from our rep.


    I kinda noticed the ergons vs the cannondale grips also. doh!
    That is one very nice ride. Mr. 24 the 2nd.

  77. #77
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Gotcha! I don't think those pictures were taken yesterday, cause I have seen them on "Guitar Ted" blog more than 4 MONTHS ago.

    Just check this out, it's the same pictures! I know you didn't want to make us envy you your bike you've had for such a long time but it's really ok, were nice guys.

    EDIT: posted more specific URL
    Agreed, anyone who has done the rounds on Google would recognize the last picture as identical, and the others as taken at the same shop.
    Also it was "odd" that the brand new frame build had very dirty wheels.

    What is the actual chronology of this Rush 2000? It looks sweet by the way. If it is 27lbs on the nose with those pedals. With my Egg Beater SL's mine should be ~ 26.8lbs.
    My bike is identical (size M) sitting at my LBS (which is over 300 miles away) waiting for me to pick her up.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbidwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Agreed, anyone who has done the rounds on Google would recognize the last picture as identical, and the others as taken at the same shop.
    Also it was "odd" that the brand new frame build had very dirty wheels.

    What is the actual chronology of this Rush 2000? It looks sweet by the way. If it is 27lbs on the nose with those pedals. With my Egg Beater SL's mine should be ~ 26.8lbs.
    My bike is identical (size M) sitting at my LBS (which is over 300 miles away) waiting for me to pick her up.
    Carl just got the bike into his workplace yesterday- The same workplace as Gted. Rep brought in first bike- very similar- quite some time ago. build date on new bike = 01/18/06

  79. #79
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbidwell
    Carl just got the bike into his workplace yesterday- The same workplace as Gted. Rep brought in first bike- very similar- quite some time ago. build date on new bike = 01/18/06
    Sweet.
    I just checked out Carl's Blog, there are some great photo's there. This is all making me drool for my bike and spring!

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    The last picture is from Guitar Ted because the reflective decals came out better with his camera. The rest of the pictures are from last night after I finshed putting it together.So in all actuallity there is one picture that is his. Same bike by the way, I work with Ted and the bike was a demo from our rep.
    Oh, I see. Well what can I say, good luck with your new ride and happy trails.

  81. #81
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Agreed, anyone who has done the rounds on Google would recognize the last picture as identical, and the others as taken at the same shop.
    Also it was "odd" that the brand new frame build had very dirty wheels.

    What is the actual chronology of this Rush 2000? It looks sweet by the way. If it is 27lbs on the nose with those pedals. With my Egg Beater SL's mine should be ~ 26.8lbs.
    My bike is identical (size M) sitting at my LBS (which is over 300 miles away) waiting for me to pick her up.
    Our rep brought it through the shop in August when a couple of my co-workers got to sample it. I of course missed the boat since I was at my other job at the time and caught nothing but their analysis and description. In late November I was given the opportunity to ride Cannondales next season and jumped on it. Our rep set me up on this one for a great price and it just arrived back at the shop yesterday (1-18-06) and I put it together last night. It has been touring the state of Minnesota since Sept-Oct.

    300 miles to the LBS huh? I guess I am spoiled with that one, <1 mile away. I usually walk/ride to work. Looking forward to you picking yours up so that you can feel the excitement too.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  82. #82
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    300 miles to the LBS huh? I guess I am spoiled with that one, <1 mile away. I usually walk/ride to work. Looking forward to you picking yours up so that you can feel the excitement too.
    The bike store I like to buy from and have bought bikes from since I quit working in a store myself, is in a town where some of my family live. So a trip to see family doubles up as an opertunity to drop in to the store. When I did work in a store it was as a mechanic, so taking care of the bike myself is not usually an issue.

  83. #83
    Cannondale Rush addict
    Reputation: Olle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21

    Rush 600 "Black Betty" JUST IN!!!

    Went by my LBS yesterday to chat and could to my surprise see that the Rush 600 I ordered last week had already arrived in a big cardboard box. They had said that I could expect to see it in the first week of february - but freakishly things at CDale had been fast....man was I suddenly like a little kid.

    I took it out of the box and starred into heaven. All black and mean! I think there are some differences because it is the european version, or because they must have been drunk when they assembled it:
    - Juicy 5 hydralic brakes
    - Black lefty up front (was sure it was gonna be grey)
    - Fox Float R (catalog said just Float)
    - Black SRAM X.7 parts (also quite sure that they were gonna be grey)

    All in all very nice indeed. Sadly enough I am not able to pick it up before late next week because of out of town work. Guess where my mind is gonna be!

    I'll post pics as soon as I have it in!

    - Olle

  84. #84
    Hup, Hup
    Reputation: cbuchanan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    536
    Congrats on the new ride Olle, can't wait for the pics.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    Enjoy that Rush

    Congratulations Olle- that sounds like one good lookin bike! All black-very nice. I look forward to your shots.
    Last edited by Wick; 01-25-2006 at 11:53 AM.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    96
    Picked up my Rush 1000 XL last Monday and it is one great ride. I was a bit surpriseds since they expected an early Feb delivery.

    Broke the Candy SLs on the first ride about 3 miles from the car. Lucked out and had my Candy Cs still in the car from when I tried out the Rush and a Stumpjumper at the LBS. I was back up and rolling quick enough. Not sure Im going to put the warranty SLs back on.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    394

    Could someone post the 1000 in grey?

    I'd love to see some good pics of the 1000 in the grey...... Thanks

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    121
    Hi,
    Seems like most of the posted Rushs are fairly heavy. Here is the Rush of my girlfriend (only 165cm and 110 pounds) weighting 9985gramms (22,0 pounds) without pump, computer and the lately mounted FSA rockring. The bike was weighted on a German postal scale.
    Christian
    Attached Images Attached Images

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: david8613's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,702
    nice!

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10
    What a nice rush !
    i love it !!!

    Here is mine, i love it too !
    Attached Images Attached Images

  91. #91
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    What a nice rush !
    i love it !!!

    Here is mine, i love it too !
    Sweet 3000!
    What do you have covering your RP3?

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10
    it's a standard neoprene rear shock cover "lizar skin"

  93. #93
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    What a nice rush !
    i love it !!!

    Here is mine, i love it too !
    WOW, nice bike, nice color, magnifique!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    What a nice rush !
    i love it !!!

    Here is mine, i love it too !

    How does the lefty fox preform ??

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    Very Nice Laurent

    Great looking Rush-that silver with the xtr's and Cross max looks sooo good! Enjoy.

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by *Double Dutch*
    How does the lefty fox preform ??
    I used to ride the Lefty DLR 100mm with the titan spindle of course i loved it. the lefty terra logic has a slower rebound, the compression is pretty the same but the big difference is the automatic lockout. Actually there's no full lockout it's a partial lockout with a permanent 1" of travel but the good thing is you doesn't feel any hitch when the fork is in lockout position it's really smooth and you forget that the fork is locked. The full lockout on the Lefty DLR was really efficient on the road or very sleek trail but if forgot to unlock the fork you could cause nasty damage so the terra logic is pretty smart. you can setup the threshold of the lockout or unlockout instead (sorry i'm french ) but i didn't feel a big different and i've been riding my new toy for only 2 weeks so i still got to learn it.

  97. #97
    Buzzrider
    Guest
    Awesome bike Laurent!
    Good choice of bike for doing a couple of Quebec Raids!!

    George

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    223

    still waiting

    still waiting on my frame. so hard, something must be going on with the fox lefty. here are some pics from my demo bike.





    one pedal stroke at a time

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    731

    A-Dog

    That patriot blue looks great. Maybe you can keep both A-dog.

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    394
    That looks really sweet Adog! Is the frame you have coming the same color? Whats its ETA?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •