Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Rize

mtbr member
    May 2007

Post your Rize

Hi everybody:

I don't feel like the right person for starting this new thread but I didn't find the place to post my new Rize Two. I was able to make some deep upgrades in my bike for a reasonable price thanks to the people from my local C-dale dealer store. You really rock guys
    On the scale it gave 10.9 Kgs (24 Lbs) that is lighter than my old carbon Rush!

The details are:
    PBR Lefty Max 130mm
    Si SL Hollowgram crank with Rotor Q-Ring chainrings
    Pedals are CB SL that are gonna be switched for Look Quartz Ti in the near future (need more platform)
    Spinergy wheels with Enduro Zero ceramic bearings
    Scott Ozon 2.2 tires
    Formula Oro Bianco brakeset with Hope floating rotors
    Answer carbon low riser
    Sram X.0 shifters
    Sram X.0 rear derailleur
    XTR cassette 11-34
    Shimano XTR front derailleur
    Ergon GX 1 grips (really recommended)
    Thomson Masterpiece setback seatpost
    Selle Italia SLR Ti saddle

Sorry for the pics but my camera sucks...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by schuster_md; 06-03-2008 at 11:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You were not kidding about the deep upgrades! Very nice build there.

Have you used those Spinergy wheels before? Are they tubeless compatible?

Like catnip for people
    If I said I was envious, it would be an understatement.

mtbr member
    here's mine RIZE 5 straight from portugal

night ridding

despite posting the fotos i'm going to do a little review for those wanting to check some reviews o the bike,

it's simply a beautiful bike for start i love the looks but despite all that it's a diabolic machine on the "grounds" it climbs not as a taurine or a rush , but it climbs not bad, but when you go downhill there's where you see all the technology it feels like it has a never ending travel , it's always very soft eating all the ground imperfections, it's a very agile bike in single tracking very agile , it has 14,5 kg but it's easily pulled of the ground and gains air, i'm very happy with is performance it's simply a great bike i love it, thank you cannodale for making such a lovely bike
    Last edited by sonicreducer; 06-01-2008 at 07:01 AM.
    Sai da cama e vem para a lama !!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    beautiful bikes there lads!
    rize is in my eyes the nicest bike of cannondale!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've order my Rize 1 back in mid April and the bike is expect to arrive in nex a couple of weeks.
    I also did major upgrade on my Rize from top to down.
    I haven't riding for few years after I sold my Raven 2 and I'm very excited about it.

I did following upgrades...

XTR Shifters
    XTR Front Derailleur
    XTR Shadow Rear Derailleur
    XTR CN7701 Chain
    XTR Cassette 11-34
    XTR Cables and Housings
    TIME ATAC XS Caron Pedals
    Easton Monkey Lite XC Risebar
    Magura Marta SL Red
    Selle Flite Gel Flow Ti.
    Mavic Crossmax SLR

I will post the pics as soon as I get my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    His and Hers from Scottsdale, AZ

Rize 3 with the following upgrades...

XT M770 crank
    X.9 Shifters
    Wellgo MG-1 pedals

Weighs in at 28.25 pounds

Picked them up today, but cannot ride them until the weekend.

Also, these are upgrades from 1997 Super V 1000s!
    Last edited by mel221@cox.net; 06-03-2008 at 10:01 PM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Nice pair!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    huh I thought the those aluminum lefty PBRs were going to be black. Also did those Maxxis Rendez come with your pair of Rize 3s?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The lefty and tires are stock... Atleast that's what they gave me...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    nice pair!!
    I hope you have alot of pleasure with them!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I wished they had the Rize 3 here in Europe. The first rize here with a lefty is the Carbon 2.
    Still doubting between the Carbon and Alu Rize. Had some discussions here and most people that had both alu and carbon bikes tell me the price difference is not worth the advantage. but the alu Rize in Europe does not come with a lefty. at least not this year. No idea about next year so might ride my Jekyll a bit longer and see if they have one in 2009

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Same here. I have sold my Rush yesterday, and now I am left with my hardtail, so I can wait a bit longer for the 2009 models. On the other hand I had demo RIze 4 for the weekend and it would be great bike for me. I will probably buy Rize 4 (2.500 eur), as Rize 3 is about 1000 eur more and it still doesn't have lefty.

mtbr member
    beautiful pair .....
    Sai da cama e vem para a lama !!!!!

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Mint green tube caps, nice set.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nice pair!
    And the bikes look nice too.
    I like the red one, minus the bar ends. I think the Lefty PBR would look better black
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    here's my Rize,
    w/ my last post from the 1st impression thread.
    (basically a L Rize 2 frame, PBR fork, SI stem, shortened to 100mm from the stock 110, almost everything else tranferred from my old bike.. 1x9, xo, formula k24... working very well.)

"last post"
    So,
    i got my new wheels... Daves speeddream, dt rear hub w/ 10mil thru bolt... woodman front, stans rims... love 'em.

i just like the feel of traditional spokes, a little different sensation.
    and
    in this case, lighter as well.

I weighed my bike for the first time after switching out the bar to a 710mm FSA DH gravity carbon,

24.25!

w/ 2.35 nevegal front, 2.1 rear, a 28in bar and ready to rock.

also, the crank weighs about 860 grams, so i could lose over a half pound by going to the cdale hologram on my wifes bike.. but right now i'm too concerned about it possiblly being creaky..

lovin' this bike...
    racin' it at the all mountain class at downieville in 2 months.

Next changes, today.
    i'm going back to the specialized eskar control 2.3 tires front and rear... the kendas ride very well, but I realized the sidewalls are too thin after i ripped another one. i don't want to do that at dville, so i'm thinking eskar are tougher, while just adding amaybe 50grams.
    also, the 10mm thru bolt added a little weight, but its stiff and confidence inspiring.

Also, almost new Mavic crosstrail lefty wheelset for sale, maybe $300, if you know anybody looking. i think they retail for $475 or so, so that seems a value to me.

cheers,
    holiday

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Man they really did this bike right. The cable routing is a huge improvement over the Rush. On the Rush both shifter cables run exposed down the center of the downtube, where they get pelted with dirt, dust, mud, and water. They moved the front cable under the top tube on the Rize and the rear cable is more on the side of the downtube. It looks like alot less chance for cable rub as well.

Anyone know if they are selling just the frameset for this bike? I want to get new wheels for my Rush and transfer them over to a Carbon Rize when I can get some money together (next year probably).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So I got myself a new Rize 4. As I live in europe it is EU model. Here are some pics. Not as nice as schuster_md's, and 2,1 kg heavier, but still rides great. And even more important it is mine so I can ride it

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jura2004
    So I got myself a new Rize 4. As I live in europe it is EU model. Here are some pics. Not as nice as schuster_md's, and 2,1 kg heavier, but still rides great. And even more important it is mine so I can ride it
    Sweet bike that you got there, congrats Keep us posted with your feelings about riding it. Cheers,

schuster_md
    Last edited by schuster_md; 06-13-2008 at 09:14 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks Schuster_md, Your bike is even better, but I guess both of them are great bikes for having some serius funn. I won't be riding it for a week, because I am on a business trip(starts tomorow, I got the bike today) . I will change lx shifters for xt (2008) shifters, as I won't be riding the bike for a week the "old" shifters are already off the bike, when I return I will have new shifters allready. For now no other changes to the bike. Can't wait to hit the trails in 6 days and counting..
    Here is the picture of the bike waiting for new shifters... in may bedroom (the girl can stay in the room as well ..for now).

mtbr member
    schuster_md : Where did you get the carbon
    Lefty cap ??
    I really need one !
    -Craig

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    wow, nice bikes! I see that everyone here are cannondale fans! I also have a cannondale(f600) and I'm trying to get a full suspension rig. Can someone here help me decide....I'm really torn between the Rize carbon2 and the Ibis mojo. I had a chance to demo-ed the mojo but still have not tried the rize since it still kinda hard to get one here in San Jose,Ca.
    If someone here had a chance to compare the mojo and the rize...please shed some light into my undecided mind!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've ridden both, along w/ othe vpp bikes. their are really only 2 bikes out there imo that really are in this niche, slacker geometry, but light and agile like a XC bike, and you are looking at them. the biggest difference is the rizing rate, clean feel of the Cdale single pivot (w/the links for stiffness and to manipulate the shock), or the feel of the vpp. I'm not a fan of the vpp bikes, but the DW link is the best of them imo. it works, but i don't like the feel as well. also, the head angle is .5degree slacker on the cdale, and you get the lefty, which is stiff, sweet and works great (of course, you need a new bike rack probably).

i love my rize, and it's lighter then my buddies M mojo.

cheers,
    holiday

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy
    schuster_md : Where did you get the carbon
    Lefty cap ??
    I really need one !
    -Craig
    Hey Craig:

Sorry for the delay. I got it on eBay from a seller that is no longer a registered user (it was pretty cheap for U$15). I googled "Lefty Carbon Cap" for a friend that also wanted one but I couldn't find it.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast