Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Poser

Post your Prophet!

So I've really done it now. I had been thinking about it for a month, and wasn't sure if I'd really go through with it, but I had my reasons. Thank god for my understanding S.O.

I had not been wild about the red at first, but every time I saw it in person it looked better. Now I'm really stoked I got it.

It WAS a 600, but I picked the bike up tonight and hemmed and hawed if I wanted to dig into it tonight. Patience did not win out, so all the good parts off the Jekyll now have a new home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    would love to post it.. but it hasn't tuned up yet

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Smile

direktor very nice

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Building Prophet 1000, now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by direktor
    So I've really done it now. I had been thinking about it for a month, and wasn't sure if I'd really go through with it, but I had my reasons. Thank god for my understanding S.O.

I had not been wild about the red at first, but every time I saw it in person it looked better. Now I'm really stoked I got it.

It WAS a 600, but I picked the bike up tonight and hemmed and hawed if I wanted to dig into it tonight. Patience did not win out, so all the good parts off the Jekyll now have a new home.
    Just got in from Interbike. (I'm supposed to post my photos from there on the forum, just need to process them.) I'm building the bike, Prophet 1000, now. I'll have pics when it is completed. Already replaced shimano chain with SRAM PC-99. Running all my controls on one side is even better with the Avid Juicy 7's. The speed dial can be fitted for either side of the brake mount. Also, have added "a-oooo-ga" horn, can't be too safe.

We have riding guests the next 6 days, so I want the new ride done before they get here.

I'm leaving my Jekyll 1000 "as is", with it's PUSH'ed shock, it's quite the nice set-up.

Rode the Prophet at Interbike. Blown away...
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    Just got in from Interbike. (I'm supposed to post my photos from there on the forum, just need to process them.) I'm building the bike, Prophet 1000, now. I'll have pics when it is completed. Already replaced shimano chain with SRAM PC-99. Running all my controls on one side is even better with the Avid Juicy 7's. The speed dial can be fitted for either side of the brake mount. Also, have added "a-oooo-ga" horn, can't be too safe.

We have riding guests the next 6 days, so I want the new ride done before they get here.

I'm leaving my Jekyll 1000 "as is", with it's PUSH'ed shock, it's quite the nice set-up.

Rode the Prophet at Interbike. Blown away...
    NICE BIKE! The danger red (that's what I call it) does look nicer in person. I saw it in my lbs and thought that it looked great. Plus, that will attract a great deal of attention. If I am not mistaken, you are the first to post a picture of a Prophet that actually has a home. You realize that we expect your feedback and candor about your new ride once you get some miles on it : Congrats!!!

Poser
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    NICE BIKE! The danger red (that's what I call it) does look nicer in person. I saw it in my lbs and thought that it looked great. Plus, that will attract a great deal of attention.
    I hope not TOO much. I like the low-key-ness of the embossed decals...it appeals to the same part of me that likes my Jekyll in flat black.

If I am not mistaken, you are the first to post a picture of a Prophet that actually has a home. You realize that we expect your feedback and candor about your new ride once you get some miles on it : Congrats!!!
    I realized that while I was working on it last night. "Wait! I'd be the first to post with one on the board if I did!"

Riding out on the street last night briefly, honestly, it feels like my Jekyll except a tiny bit taller. It's definitely a little lighter with the same parts. The nay-sayers will not realize that this bike is more about refinement, then revolution.

LA CHÈVRE

Good job! Nice!

I hope not TOO much. I like the low-key-ness of the embossed decals...it appeals to the same part of me that likes my Jekyll in flat black.
    I too love the stealth look of those decals. I haven't seen the galvanized gloss paint and sticker job on my Prophet 2000 but the stickers seem barely noticable too. I hate the colorways of the 2005 Scalpels tough. Now ride that thing, get it dirty!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Poser

Preload?

Anybody know how to adjust the preload on the 140 Max? I thought the top cap comes off on all Max's to do this, but they changed the top cap this year. New tool?

[edit-I talked to Tim at Cannondale, and he emailed me the Tech note on the Lefty 140 Preload. Turns out you need a Hollowtech BB tool to remove the top cap. Beyond that, it's just a threaded adjuster]
    Last edited by direktor; 10-08-2004 at 11:55 AM.

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

almost there...

NICE BIKE! The danger red (that's what I call it) does look nicer in person. I saw it in my lbs and thought that it looked great. Plus, that will attract a great deal of attention. If I am not mistaken, you are the first to post a picture of a Prophet that actually has a home. You realize that we expect your feedback and candor about your new ride once you get some miles on it : Congrats!!!
    building between chores. We have guests in riding for the next six days, so the bike has to wait. It will be done, today and ridden this afternoon/evening.

All that is left is cable hook-up/shift adjust

metallic brown
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004

sorry...couldn't resist the joke op.

nice bikes posted here. the prophet is on my list of dream bikes.

LA CHÈVRE
    I talked to Tim at Cannondale, and he emailed me the Tech note on the Lefty 140 Preload. Turns out you need a Hollowtech BB tool to remove the top cap. Beyond that, it's just a threaded adjuster
    The tool for the integrated-outboard bearing Hollowtech? I was wondering how do we adjust the preload and by looking at the diagram in the 2005 Cannondale brochure, it doesn't look very accessible. So you just open the top cap with the hollowtech tool and then you can adjust by hand or with an allen key or what? I ask because on my Minute 2 fork with SPV, I had to try many settings before I found the perfect setting so I just hope I don't have to buy and carry 45 tools on my first few rides...

Poser

Dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The tool for the integrated-outboard bearing Hollowtech? I was wondering how do we adjust the preload and by looking at the diagram in the 2005 Cannondale brochure, it doesn't look very accessible. So you just open the top cap with the hollowtech tool and then you can adjust by hand or with an allen key or what? I ask because on my Minute 2 fork with SPV, I had to try many settings before I found the perfect setting so I just hope I don't have to buy and carry 45 tools on my first few rides...

I've never had a a Hollowtech BB, so I don't know rightly. It's just called a Hollowtech BB tool in the PDF:

Lefty Max 140 Preload Adjustment PDF

LA CHÈVRE
    Thanks for the document. Sure looks complicated as hell for just adjusting the preload...

mtbr member
    Thanx for the pic's guy's. Now go get em dirty and tell us how the stack up!

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

My Prophet built and ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCF&TiPlease
    Thanx for the pic's guy's. Now go get em dirty and tell us how the stack up!
    Got back from Interbike, had a big box waiting for me.

Just finished, first ride tomorrow morning.

First pic, new bike Prophet 1000

Second pic, Mountain Daze poster in Cannondale booth
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

LA CHÈVRE

2 levers one hand?

I've seen front brake levers on the right and rear on the left but both levers on the right? I guess you wouldn't like Shimano Dual-Control levers...

What size is your bike by the way?
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-08-2004 at 07:36 PM. Reason: I love to edit!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I've seen front brake levers on the right and rear on the left but both levers on the right? I guess you wouldn't like Shimano Dual-Control levers...
    Ya gotta always have one hand on the horn! Must be from Manhatten
    That is kinda trick, what made you try it in the first place?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    anybody know the MSRP and weight on the 600?? I want one, but I think it's probably out of my price range
    Last edited by bigguppies92; 10-08-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Nice looking bikes. I may order one of those Prophets. If I do order one I will get the Prophet 1000. The 1000 is loaded with great specs. I like the idea it has Juicy 7 discs and a SRAM drivetrain. That's the one I want. I would get the 2000 but don't like the Shimano XT Dual Controls. The only thing I'd change would be the crank set and a new seatpost and saddle. I like the SRAM triggers alot. The shifting is precise.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguppies92
    anybody know the MSRP and weight on the 600?? I want one, but I think it's probably out of my price range
    $1600 retail for the 600. i'm think about get the 2000 but cost way too much for me. i'm going to call around and see if i can get a good deal on the 2000.

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

special set-up

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCF&TiPlease
    Ya gotta always have one hand on the horn! Must be from Manhatten
    That is kinda trick, what made you try it in the first place?
    I nearly amputated my hand in an accident. 14 surgeries later, it's still there but doesn't do much.

I run all controls on the right and velcro my hand to the left. (velcro glued to grip and glove.)

I had to cut off some of the paddle length on the shifters to make it all fit, as well as reduce the length of the grip.

I wouldn't be able to use the Shimano "combos" as well as the Marta brakes (can't flip them) so it was the 1000 for me.

I immediately replaced the chain with SRAM PC-99. I'll give the big handlebar a try, but, if it hurts, off it comes, on goes carbon.

Horn is for cattle, it's open range out here.

First ride in a couple hours. Too cold (50 degrees) right now!!!
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    CJ, where did you buy the bell? what brand is it?

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

It's a Hoota!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yiucycle
    CJ, where did you buy the bell? what brand is it?
    It goes "a-ooo-ga"

It was in the schwag bag for Dirt Demo at Interbike.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

Poser

Well, it's dirty now.

But I'm too tired to write about it at the moment. So as not to keep you guys hanging, my subjective opinion is that it's better than my Jekyll.

I'll edit this post soon...

--------------------------------------

Ok, so I'm fed and a little rested finally. I had been off the bike more or less for a couple weeks, so today's ride was the first real ride in a while.

I'm not too sure what to say about the bike. To my relatively inexperienced biking self, it feels like a lighter, slightly taller Jekyll. With more travel, of course, but I really didn't use much of it today.

The Radium R feels good. My first full suspension was the preceding Jekyll, an '02 with a Float R. I'm a big guy, and I had a lot of problems with it pogoing around after short techy climbs. I never realized this until I had been riding longer, but after a while it became a pain. A month ago I sent the Float to PUSH, and it wasn't until after that that I realized how a shock is supposed to work. Suffice to say that the Radium feels almost as good as the PUSHed float.

There were two nice realizations today on the new bike...I can get behind the seat much easier on the Prophet than my Jekyll. Don't know why, and it doesn't make sense, but I was taking on some things today that I wouldn't have otherwise, just because I could get my weight MUCH farther back easily on the Prophet.

Also, for the first time I was able to stand on a tricky uphill section and not have the bike bob so badly under me that it would mess me up (that's been a big thing for me, being overweight and all). The bike stayed much more in place under me without undo squishing around.

Obviously I'm stoked for these victories on the new bike, but I'm not sure how much is the bike and how much of it is psychology/inflated gusto. I should be getting the proper spring for the Max next week, so things should be getting even better.

Lates,
    Nate
    Last edited by direktor; 10-09-2004 at 09:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Rebound Control on Lefty TPC (Prophet 1000)

Got my Prophet 1000 on Saturday (10/9/2004)
    Apparently the rebound control works differently on the new Lefty fork. If the rebound is completely closed it seems to have little affect on the fork when you simply push down on it. I'm hearing it will react to velocity of the hit nearer the bottom of the travel.
    I was thinking it didn't work, however I tested another fork at the LBS and responded the same way. Anybody have the scoop on the rebound control? (This is the fork on the 1000, the 600 has a different fork that behaves as expected.)

I took the bike out on Green Mt here in Washington twice this weekend. I normally ride a Blur set up with CrossMax SL's and Michelin XL s USTs.

Negative points first
    Weight penality of the wheels, both wheels, 819, 2.35 highrollers, hubs and cassette weigh 10.5 pounds. Add this to a 20 pound bike and you have 30.5 pounds to pedal uphill. However traction will not be your problem. Can't find a comfortable or efficient position to pedal out of the saddle.
    Positive points. No bob during pedaling on or off the seat. Juicy 7s allow on the fly adjustment to equally set the distance on both brakes. 13.7 inches of BB clearence no hammering the bottoms of the cranks off rocks. The bike just styles with most of its tubes either flaring in or out. I think the seat tube is the only round tube on the bike. A perfect example of this is where the top tube meets the midpoint of the downtube.
    Last edited by MarkHL; 10-11-2004 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast