Gravity's Gone

Post Your Overforked Prophet

If you run a fork on your Prophet that is greater than 160 mm please post it here. I'll start with mine. I run a Manitou Sherman 170 mm.
    Post Your Overforked Prophet-100_6734.jpg
    Post Your Overforked Prophet-100_6792.jpg
    Post Your Overforked Prophet-100_6829.jpg

ride more
    Mar 2007
    old pics of my 1st Prophet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't stop the Prophet
    Wyatt you still have this prophet?? If so please take a pic of the prophet/wizard dude on the top tube.

Old logo / decal of the Prophet

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    guess I'm underforked (story of my life). Only swinging 160mm

mtbr member

Prophet with a 55

The wife always liked her Prophet but was a little nervous on the steep stuff with the stock 130mm Tora running in the FR helped with the head tube angle but it made the BB to low and was always hitting her cranks and pedals.

With the bike set to XC position and the 55 she gets the slightly higher BB she wanted and the head tube angle is the same as it used to be in the FR setting.... and the added bonus of being able to run a 2.25" stroke rear shock.

At 120 pounds with gear and a 67.5 head tube angle in XC mode she isnt stressing the frame and no need for a thru axle at her weight so the regular Prophet is working great

mtbr member
    thinking of sticking a Z1 FR Light on my Prophet.
    It's 150mm so I'm guessing it should be ok.
    I'm ~190 pounds and ride aggressive AM ...should I be concerned about the extra 10mm (over the stock 140mm Lefty)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderB
    thinking of sticking a Z1 FR Light on my Prophet.
    It's 150mm so I'm guessing it should be ok.
    I'm ~190 pounds and ride aggressive AM ...should I be concerned about the extra 10mm (over the stock 140mm Lefty)?
    Its the axle to crown length that you need to be concerned about. The 140mm Lefty is pretty short compared to a Z1. Download the Prophet manual and check out their warnings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Prophet with 180/135mm Totem Two-Step

Here is our Large 2006 Prophet with a 180mm/135mm Totem Two Step. This is a great fork! After putting the shock in the XC position, the head angle is perfect. If you drop it to 135mm it climbs way better than it did with the Lefty.

Other components include Cane Creek reducer headset, Continental Diesel 2.5" tires, Odi lock-ons, a Performance Loco front wheel (for the through axle, we'll see how it holds up), and 8-inch Hayes 9 brakes.

If the head tube snaps off, you all will be the first to know! Ha!

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1271269464
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Overforked Prophet-prophet.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

2006 Prophet 4X with a 1.5 Marzocchi 66

Here is my over-forked Prophet. Its the 4X version (135-12mm thru rear axle) with Saint cranks and e-Thirteen STS, Saint STi Shifters and Calipers, 160 rear, 203 front, XTR rear derailleur, Azonic Outlaws and Strip Bar, Oury grips, Maxxis Hookworms for playing in the street, DX pedals, and a cushy Bontrager seat for my old ass. It is set-up in the XC (69' headtube angle) position with a DHX 5.0 shock and it rides great! I have one with a Lefty 140 (also a great ride) and this feels like a scaled-up version. No "chopper" feel at all. Handles wonderfully. Only bummer...the forks hit the frame/cable guide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Overforked Prophet-057-1-jpg.jpg  

Post Your Overforked Prophet-064-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here is mine. Domain 180
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Overforked Prophet-img_795w1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Im using a Mz 55 160mm.
    Should I use shock in FR or XC set?

*And someone have a nice tip for my Radium R shock? Its working like ****,,, =/

Tks!

mtbr member
    I put a Marz 55 on my girl friends bike and in XC mode it seems great... it felt to slack in FR mode with the longer fork..... the 55 in XC feels like the same angle as my lefty in FR but thankfully without lowering the BB

Quote Originally Posted by S.Jorge
    Im using a Mz 55 160mm.
    Should I use shock in FR or XC set?

*And someone have a nice tip for my Radium R shock? Its working like ****,,, =/

Tks!