Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator

2005 F2000SL Optimo w/ 2008 Mavic Crossmax SLR

The bike now weighs 21lbs......I'm almost done! It's terribly fast.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah
    That beast looks fast standing still.

mtbr member
    Get some XTR cranks, Egg Beater Ti's, and foam grips you'll be hitting sub 20lbs

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    So, how did you end up sorting out the rear brake? I'd love to know.

And how did you strip the frame? If I wanted to do that, who would I be looking for to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerV800
    My '98 Killer V800, a work in progress.
    Stripped, polished and rebuilt.
    Just the rear brake to sort out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by almontebarnes
    So, how did you end up sorting out the rear brake? I'd love to know.
    First solution I tried the A2Z disc adapter, but it didn't suit the rear dropouts on the Cannondale. So I ordered the Brake Therapy solution, but it's currently in the post so I'll know for sure this week with the rear brake. If it works I'll modify the existing v-brake cable guides on the frame to take the hydraulic cable.

Quote Originally Posted by almontebarnes
    And how did you strip the frame? If I wanted to do that, who would I be looking for to do that?
    It's a simple enough job, just a bit slow and messy. The neat thing with aluminium is that is polishes up to a chrome like finish quite easily. I stripped the paint with a normal paint stripped with takes it down to the bare aluminium, which is a pretty flat finish. Then uses a very fine wet/dry sand paper on the frame to remove major buff marks. After that it's just polishing the frame with a polishing compound.

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    I sorta want to do that to mine now... how much did the replacement frame decals cost you?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoadventures
    I sorta want to do that to mine now... how much did the replacement frame decals cost you?
    They're reproduction decals. I got them off ebay, for 10 ($20), for 4 x downtube stickers, 2 x toptube stickers, 1 x headbadge, 1 x seat stay badge, 2 x seat tube badge. I also got the Lefty replacement decal from the same guy.

I mucked up putting on the first set of downtube stickers, so having 4 was a blessing.

The headtube and seat tube badge came in white with a fine black outline, but they sort of get lost against the aluminium, so I'll replace those with plain black later on.

Misael
    May 2008

F5

Replaced the stock wheels with a Mavic Wheels and Geax Tires.
    Last edited by misael13; 06-18-2011 at 07:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misael13
    Replaced the stock wheels with a Mavic Wheels and Geax Tires.
    Nice. What bar ends are those?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Finally finished the rebuild of my '98 KillerV.

mtbr member
    KillerV, Dude that is Awesome... Beautiful restoration. I feel like i'm looking at a restored Hot Rod. Love the Build. Well done man. Hat's off to you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    That killer V looks as if it left the factory yesterday, amazing!!

Misael
    May 2008
    Serfas, they help change hand positions on long rides.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Here is my new 09 F7 Disc.

mtb dxb uae

My F Series

Here's my large F5 which lasted 2 weeks with me to be replaced with my meduim F3.. im planning to do some off-roads on my F3.. do you think my Ultra Dlr can handle it? thanks guys

mtbr member
    Dame that thing looks sick, makes me want to strip the paint off mine and do the same... holy crap... can you PM me more info on it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ricot83
    Dame that thing looks sick, makes me want to strip the paint off mine and do the same... holy crap... can you PM me more info on it?
    or post the info here on the forum. I, and probably others, am also interested in more info

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister T.
    or post the info here on the forum. I, and probably others, am also interested in more info
    If that was regarding my bike, I've pretty much documented it from start here. killerv800.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    I favorited that link, I am deffinately going to get the paint stripper I have at home and spreding it all over the frame...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Alright guys, help me out here. I picked this up semi-recently, intended for the girlfriend to ride it, but she and I broke up, so i got myself a new Cannondale to ride, since my old Paramount frame didnt fit me very well.

Anyway, its mostly Original now. I got it 100% original. And still have all the original parts, but i think im gonna build it up a bit to be a nice solid hardtail.

Since i've gotten it, i've swapped over this stuff from my other bike:
    LX Rear Derailleur
    LX Rear Hub
    LX Rear Cassette
    XTR SPD Pedals

So far it weighs around 25.2lbs. Hoping to get it under 25 with the newer lighter parts.

I have some decent plans for it, i'll post up after the pics. Someone help me out, what year this is. (im thinking 98 or 99)

So heres my Cannondale F500:

So right now i'm torn between to modification paths. I dont want to go too overboard with this bike because of lack of funds, but here are my two options:

1) Keep it an 8-speed, and get a bunch of older USED XT an XTR parts. F&R derailleurs, shifters etc..

or

2) Convert to a 9-speed and get LX shifters, NEW XT cassette, new XT chain, newer XT or XTR rear derailleur, newer XT front derailleur. etc..
    Last edited by ZenkiS14; 08-31-2008 at 05:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenkiS14
    Alright guys, help me out here. I picked this up semi-recently, intended for the girlfriend to ride it, but she and I broke up, so i got myself a new Cannondale to ride, since my old Paramount frame didnt fit me very well.

Anyway, its mostly Original now. I got it 100% original. And still have all the original parts, but i think im gonna build it up a bit to be a nice solid hardtail.

Since i've gotten it, i've swapped over this stuff from my other bike:
    LX Rear Derailleur
    LX Rear Hub
    LX Rear Cassette
    XTR SPD Pedals

So far it weighs around 25.2lbs. Hoping to get it under 25 with the newer lighter parts.

I have some decent plans for it, i'll post up after the pics. Someone help me out, what year this is. (im thinking 98 or 99)

So heres my Cannondale F500:

So right now i'm torn between to modification paths. I dont want to go too overboard with this bike because of lack of funds, but here are my two options:

1) Keep it an 8-speed, and get a bunch of older USED XT an XTR parts. F&R derailleurs, shifters etc..

or

2) Convert to a 9-speed and get LX shifters, NEW XT cassette, new XT chain, newer XT or XTR rear derailleur, newer XT front derailleur. etc..

It's a 98 according to vintagecannondale.com

Any current rear derailleur will work whether you run 8 speed or 9 - the derailleurs don't matter. Older Ders that were 8sp can usually swing enough to work on a 9sp cassette, and current 9sp ders can be easily adjusted for the 8sp range. Actually an 8sp cassette is virtually the same width as 9sp. You can put 9sp cassettes on many of the older 8sp LX/XT/XTR hubs just fine. So to covert to 9sp, you likely only need a cassette, chain, rear shifter, and maybe chainrings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yea, thats what I was planning on doing, but im trying to decide which would be better or more beneficial to me. Whether to get some old XTR 8spd stuff, or convert to a 9-spd stuff, and go with with just newer XT parts, and NEW LX shifters (my buddy has a set available for me cheap)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'd go with the new stuff. I have a 98 f2000 and I've gone the "Update the 8sp XT/XTR stuff" route once, and it was hard then. Buy good current parts, and even if you decide to upgrade to a different frame in a coupl eof years, at least you have 2008 components going on a 2010 frame, not 1999 components. Plus you find better deals on the new stuff.

mtbr member
    I agree. Why buy older used parts? You won't be happy in the end and you'll end up spending more money later down the road. Save your money and spend a little extra. There's tonnes of new and good used stuff for on Ebay if you're patient.
    '96 Uber Light
    '00 R3000 TT
    '08 Six13

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    awesome! Thanks guys, thats probably the route im going to go. You have a good point about the new stuff.

I just didnt know if older XTR stuff would be better than newer XT stuff. I just hope i can get my 9spd cassette to mount on my older LX hub

Yep, that's a sweet 1998 model, you have there. But, if I were you I would bring it up to modern times, with XT or XTR 9-speed equipment. Old skool XTR(pre-2000) is the BOMB- many parts are still lighter and stronger than 2008 XTR. Get rid of anything CODA on that bike, please. If you really want to shed some weight- get a Mavic X517 wheelset, and go tubeless on the tires, using Stan's sealant and rim strips. If done right- you will be riding a nice vintage Cannondale weighing possibly 22lbs. A 22lb bike can be easily lifted with just two fingers......and the ride is just unbelieveably fast....especially uphill!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Cannondale F2000SL Optimo
    20.7lbs and still dropping......

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Which parts on the bike would be CODA that i should replace? I am still kinda new to riding, and really new to "building" a bike.

On your model- the cranks, saddle, stem and handlebars. I know the CODA saddle is very uncomfortable. The bars are also heavy too. Finlly, the heavy 170mm cranks can be replaced with newer Shimano 175mm Octalink or Hollowtech cranks and bottom bracket, for increased pedaling torque uphill, and lightness.

mtbr member
    Here's my 2006 Cannondale F2000SL Optimo xc race rig.

She currently sits at 24.4lbs.

Nice Optimo. what brakeset do you run? Those look just like my Avid wavy rotors.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Welp, i broke my rear derailleur today on the trails, so looks like i'll be upgrading that before i hade planned. Im thinking i might give Shimano's new "Shadow" line stuff a go. Im trying to decide between XT and the new SLX line.

Im also thinking about shaving some weight, and un-needed stuff (for me) and go with a straight 1x9 gear setup. Moving to a single front chain-ring, and a 9spd rear. Probably Sram Cassette and Chain, with the Shadow rear derailleur and LX shifter. Anyone have any experience going to a 1x9 setup? I think i just might make a new thread for it.

mtbr member
    Nice Optimo. what brakeset do you run? Those look just like my Avid wavy rotors.
    Thanks! I'm currently running Juicy 5's at the moment. Might be upgrading the rotors to Hope Mini's sometime in the near future.

A 1x9 setup will lighten your bike considerably(like, a quarter pound). Just make sure your fitness level is up to it. Shimano XT is proven, and should work well with your needs. Get a Shimano XT 11-34cassette and KMC chain- they are lighter than the SRAM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yea, i think im in shape enough to do it. I have been paying attention to my riding style, and my gear selections at the trails i ride, and im 90% sure that i could get away with having the single front. Also, it'll be a good training-ish bike.

Im looking at going with the SRAM cassette and chain just because of price. Although im starting to get more enthralled with "building" this thing up, I really want to try to keep it on a budget. And a SRAM cassette/chain will perform just as good as the XT pieces, just wont be as light. Im not a TOTAL weight weenie :P

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    This is going to have a Lefty DLR and a Truvativ Stylo crankset. Most parts courtesy of my two Jekylls.
    " width="549">

mtbr member
    BB Holland, you have a few colors going on but I think that's what I like the most. It's not conformed to match. Nice ride.
    Tearing it up with...

02' Cannondale F800
    11' Cannondale CAAD10
    05' Haro BMX

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosplya
    BB Holland, you have a few colors going on but I think that's what I like the most. It's not conformed to match. Nice ride.
    Yep, it turned out better and even more beautiful I expected. So far a commuter, but it is impossible to resist converting it into a real mountain bike as Im gonna have a spare Lefty (the Headshock is rigid). Different from my other bikes, which is good. With the current fork the seat is very forward which I dont mind.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

My 2002 F3000SL

My 2002 F3000SL

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Loving this thread BTW!
    Last edited by ctimrun; 09-05-2008 at 10:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Loving this thread!

My 2002 F3000SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Poor Man's Bad Boy Ultra

This is my new commuter. I snagged the frame and fork dirt cheap locally. The rest are spares, 'cept for the Mavic 317 wheelset. I just swapped out my silver X.9 grip shifters and Speed Dial SLs from another bike in favor of black-colored 9.0 grip shifters and Speed Dial 7's, that's why there's extra derailleur cable - haven't re-connected the deraileurs yet.

I'm 5'10" and the XL frame would normally be too large for me, especially with my seat setback preference, so a 45mm stem was in order instead of the stock 120mm. Since the Furio-X and Caffeine have 1" shorter seat tubes compared to Furio and Optimo, the whole thing fits quite nicely.

At 28.5 lbs it is heavy. 2.5 of that is the boat anchor Rock Shox Dart 2, and the Furio-X frames are crazy heavy altough ultra stout. About .75lb heavier than a regular Furio and about 1.25 heavier than Caffeine. But as a commuter, that doesn't matter.

Maybe I'll go for an all-black DLR2 (non-bonded) Lefty. That would really complete the look. Let me know if you have one you want to contribute to my project

Anybody have any suggestions on removing or toning down the too-white lettering on the BBQ black frame?

That stark white reflective lettering is there for your protection, at night. Looks like you did a good job, already. A Lefty would be overkill, for a commuter IMHO. If you are gonna spend more on that bike- get a BBQ Headshok DLR 80 instead. It already looks like a Cannondale Bad Boy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks, Zacariah.

Yeah, the Fatty DL or DLR is a better fit for this kind of bike. Either, way, given that I'll be beating this bike with NYC potholes, I think I'll let it be with the lowly DART for now.

That stark white reflective lettering is there for your protection, at night. Looks like you did a good job, already. A Lefty would be overkill, for a commuter IMHO. If you are gonna spend more on that bike- get a BBQ Headshok DLR 80 instead. It already looks like a Cannondale Bad Boy!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Nice Ride

What grips are those?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ergons. Their product line is a bit confusing - they seriously need to simplify it. But the product is great. One work of warning - order small unless you have gigantic hands. The grips run large.

These are GR2s, which weigh a ton despite the mini bar-ends being magnesium. They also have carbon and carbon with a superlight grip material in the GR2s and other models as well.

In my opinion, the grip itself is very comfortable and the mini bar-ends have the best position of any I tried.

Universal Cycle carries their stuff. ( http://www.universalcycles.com/search.php?q=ergon )

Quote Originally Posted by Himm
    What grips are those?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

mtbr member
    Great shots! Here's my '00 F2000 before and after. She's FAT now and ready to get muddy. I named her Dirty Girl after the old Y&T song.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2009 Cannondale F5

This is my brand new 2009 Cannondale F5.

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    Here's my semi-complete 2002 F3000 SL CAAD5:

It's spooky silent and handles pretty much telepathically. I'm hooked!
    Last edited by dinoadventures; 09-16-2008 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Man, you guys really have some nice bikes! Dino, yours is gorgeous dude!

Im really bored today (my day off, and im too sick to ride), so here's a few more pics of my bike I'm building. Not too much new.

SLX Shadow rear derailleur (med cage)
    LX rear hub
    LX Cassette
    XTR Pedals

Got a bunch of new parts to put on next week though, im converting to an 9sp drivetrain, then eventually in a couple weeks gonna go 1x9:

SRAM PG970 11-34 cassette
    SRAM PC971 Chain
    Salsa Juego de Fuego grips (yellow)
    08 Shimano LX shifters
    RaceFace 32T Bashguard

gonna order my N-Gear Jumpstop next week. I cant wait to get this thing finished.

After that, i'll get a new seat, new seat post, some XT brakes, and maybe a new set of Mavic517 wheels....we'll see how much moneys i have lol

mtbr member

The one I should have kept!

Sold it a few months ago, and up
    jfn3
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to jfn3
    Send email to jfn3
    Find More Posts by jfn3
    Add jfn3 to Your Buddy List

Previous Thread | Next Thread

vBulletin Message

Cancel Changes
    Quick Reply
    The following errors occurred when this message was submitted

Okay

Options
    Quote message in reply?

s munched the downtube during shipping! doh!
    Last edited by jfn3; 09-23-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: add photo

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    work in progress...

Wow, a 1998 F900 with updated stickers? Cool.....nice paint job!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    Here's my 2006 Cannondale F2000SL Optimo xc race rig.

She currently sits at 24.4lbs.

Sooo nice!!! I love your bike!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anybody have an 07 caffeine f2 w/ the yellow neon paint? The pic on the dale site does not do it justice. I wanted one so bad but they were out when i asked I was pissed...

Pic?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Im almost done with mine close enough to get pics up. Gotta throw a couple more parts on before pics go up.

So far the mod list is:

WTB Silverado Saddle
    Shimano XTR pedals
    Shimano LX Hubs
    Shimano SLX Med Cage Rear Derailleur
    Shimano STX Front derailleur (factory spec)
    Shimano STX V-Brakes (factory spec)
    Shimano 08 LX shifters
    SRAM PC971 Chain
    SpotBrand 94/32 Bashguard (2x9 for now)
    Avid FR5 Brake Levers
    WTB Velociraptor Rear Tire

Just pulled a couple links out the chain (for 2x9) and put on all brand new cables and housings on everything. Bike rides so much nicer now!

Still gotta put on the N-Gear jumpstop and make the switch to 1x9, and also throw on my Shimano LX 570 crankset. I also have an older aluminum stealth handlebar laying around that i cant decide if i should put on or not. Hopefully i'll have a few updated pics to get up soon.

Still think i may try to get a lighter seat stem, and a new set of lighter better tires. Need to look into what parts to get though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    hello, I'm new here and would like to show off with my bikes.
    I have 2 (older) cannondales.
    1 F700 for wintertimes and a F1000 for summer time.

This is my F1000 atm. Right befor his wintersleep

During his sleep i'm going to upgrade him.
    Orderd parts:
    XTR shifters
    XTR rear shadow derailleur with carbon cage
    XTR front derailleur
    DT Swiss 240s hubs + 4.2 rims
    easton EC90SL handlebar (I have a EC90 seatpost already)
    KMC chain
    gore ride-on

My winter bike

He will be recieving donor parts witch I take off the F1000 like the 2006 XTR rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nice bikes!! I love the color on the F1000

Why are they different size?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    here is a better picture of the F1000.
    It's the Sobe team color and pretty rare in my country.

It's a different size because they are for different seasons.
    In winter I like a longer and stable bike for muddy surface.
    In summer I like it short,agressif and good in corners.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not quite done yet, but getting there. Here are a couple pics because i have to day off and im waiting for my friends to get off work before we go ride later.

Mods:
    WTB Silverado Saddle
    Shimano XTR pedals
    Shimano LX Hubs
    Shimano SLX Med Cage Rear Derailleur
    Shimano STX Front derailleur (factory spec)
    Shimano STX V-Brakes (factory spec)
    Shimano 08 LX shifters
    SRAM PC971 Chain
    SpotBrand 94/32 Bashguard (2x9 for now)
    Avid FR5 Brake Levers
    WTB Velociraptor Rear Tire

Here's my "Work In Progress" 1998 F500 (its a bit dirty... but isnt it supposed to be that way? )

SLX Med Cage Derailleur
    970 Cassette
    971 Chain

Spot Brand Bash Guard

XTR Pedals

WTB Silverado Saddle

Juegos de Fuegos grips
    FR5 brake levers +new cables/housings
    LX shifters +new cables/housings

Still gotta get my jumpstop and shimano crank on, and convert it to a 1x9.

And just for shits and grins, here's my garage:

Great job, on the bike. Wow.....I used to own a Nissan Skyline/Sylvia too! Now, I have a Porsche 944 Turbo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Great job, on the bike. Wow.....I used to own a Nissan Skyline/Sylvia too! Now, I have a Porsche 944 Turbo.
    Thanks man, im loving the way the bike is turning out! And a 944T is a really cool car. Did you have a Skyline or a Silvia or a 240sx? What country are you in?

mtbr member
    Thanks man, im loving the way the bike is turning out! And a 944T is a really cool car. Did you have a Skyline or a Silvia or a 240sx? What country are you in?
    Ya I was quite confused as well, was it a skyline, silvia, or a stateside 240

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ya I was quite confused as well, was it a skyline, silvia, or a stateside 240
    haha yea. Mine is a stateside 240 (obviously), with an S13 Silvia Drivetrain... etc

Here are a couple more:

Built it from the ground up myself. Bought it as a 96 bonestock automatic from the original owner
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2738sig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2743sig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2760sig.jpg

http://www.stepintothedark.com/gal/a...8/IMG_0167.jpg

http://www.stepintothedark.com/gal/a...8/IMG_0253.jpg

mtbr member
    haha yea. Mine is a stateside 240 (obviously), with an S13 Silvia Drivetrain... etc

Here are a couple more:

Built it from the ground up myself. Bought it as a 96 bonestock automatic from the original owner
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2738sig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2743sig.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...MG_2760sig.jpg
    Pure beauty your car would be a sil80 wouldnt it , MY bro had a 94 black 240 just like that, minus all the silvia stuff of course and it was 5 speed.

I was actually directing the sylvia/skyline comment at the other guy. He said he had a sylvia/skyline too..

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Pure beauty your car would be a sil80 wouldnt it , MY bro had a 94 black 240 just like that, minus all the silvia stuff of course and it was 5 speed.

I was actually directing the sylvia/skyline comment at the other guy. He said he had a sylvia/skyline too..
    Yea, i knew you were asking the question to him. But i figured id go ahead and throw a lil more about my car out there haha, its my pride and joy

Mines not a sileighty though, mine is a 1996 240sx (S14) with a Kouki S14 front end on it. Mine is also a 5spd, i converted it
    (ignore the shifter, it was a joke) haha
    http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/phot...12818_1428.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Back on topic though, does anyone know how I can adjust my pressure in my fork (P-Bone Headshok). I bottomed it out the other day a couple times, and want to know if i can increase pressure in it easily or not.

Thanks in advance.

I had a J-spec RHD stock Silvia, with the fender-mount mirrors. I couldn't handle the RHD....so I sold it for a 1997 BMW M3. After I drove the 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo- I quickly sold the M3. The 944T is still faster than 90% of cars today!

Here is the CarDomain site:

http://cardomain.com/ride/628708

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2005 Cannondale F2000SL Optimo
    19.8lbs and dropping.....

Remove your front wheel, and there should be an air valve where the fork goes into the head tube, at the bottom.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    hmmm... ok. mine might be packed with mud right now lol, im heading out right now for a little light riding, i'll check it out once i have a chance to clean it up

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Back on topic though, does anyone know how I can adjust my pressure in my fork (P-Bone Headshok). I bottomed it out the other day a couple times, and want to know if i can increase pressure in it easily or not.

Thanks in advance.
    I think the P-Bone works with a preload tension screw at the top of the fork under the cap, adjusted with a 4mm allen-key into the hole at the top of the fork. Clockwise for more pre-load and anti-clockwise for less preload.

More info here: FattyM/PBoneM Tech Supplement

mtbr member
    97 Cannondale Killer V900HT

Frame: Killer V900HT
    Fork: dd60 headshok
    Brakes: Tektro V brakes and levers
    Cranks: Coda 300
    Front Derailleur: Deore Lx
    Front Shifter: Deore XT M739
    Rear Shifter: Gripshift srt-800
    Rear Derailleur: Alivio m410
    Pedals: shimano pd-m515
    Stem: Coda Headshok
    Handlebar: Dirt Research bars
    Seatpost: kalloy sp-263b cut 100mm shorter
    Saddle: Cannondale f4 saddle
    Bottom Bracket:
    Cassette: Nashbar 7spd
    Headset: Headshok
    Grips: gripshift grips
    Tires: Schwinn Carbon steel ATB
    Wheels: cheapy front, rear Acera X hub unknown wheel
    Cheap cup and cone Bottom Bracket.
    Serfas s1 computer
    Weight: 27lbs.

Upgrades to come after Christmas:
    Fatty Ultra disc fork.
    Avid bb7 mech front disk
    Ryno lite wheels with shimano deore hubs
    BBG bashguard
    Inner chain guide.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Looks like a really nice clean frame. Gotta love 'em!

SoBe Energy
    07 Cannondale f3 with the ups:

FSA V-drive Crankset

SRAM Powerglide II PG-980 cassette

CrankBros Eggbeater

Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires

Forte Classic saddle

Semper Fi
    Aug 2006
    Here's my F800 all stock except for the bar ends. Once I get back from Afghanistan I plan to upgrade the wheel sets and maybe some XTR stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sempmanme
    Here's my F800 all stock except for the bar ends. Once I get back from Afghanistan I plan to upgrade the wheel sets and maybe some XTR stuff.
    Dude, good huntin'.
    Stay safe.

YL (Former recon)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hi, everybody
    I'm French and i'm looking for a Cannondale's hardtail frameset + fatty (Caad 2,3,4 or optimo).
    If you project to sell yours, please contact me by MP.
    (Specially team Volvo or Siemens)
    Thanks.

Bike to the Bone...
    Some upgrades I did to my F7....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Some upgrades I did to my F7....]
    Not to be a jackass but what are the upgrades?
    I see a new bar/stem, what else?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

f1rst post here

here's my f4000sl

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    Not to be a jackass but what are the upgrades?
    I see a new bar/stem, what else?
    New wheels: XT hubs laced to Alexrims, BB7 (my F7 had V's), new tires (actually, the Caballero are pretty good, but I like a little bit more the Panaracers, or at least, I'm giving them a try. Saddle and seatpost. Stem, grips and handlebars.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

My F700s

Here are 2 of my cannnondales. F700 2000 and F??? 199?
    RADM
    Last edited by RADM; 11-21-2008 at 03:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RADM
    Here are 2 of my cannnondales. F700 2000 and F??? 199?
    RADM
    ??????

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Looks like a CAAD4 - right? If the bike ha no evidence of ever having a model designation on it, that was either a warranty replacement frame, or a frameset that was ordered individually, and built up by it's owner.

It was common for Cannondale to sell framesets back in those days based on the CAAD number - if you ordered a frameset, it didn't come with a model number on it. The warranty-replacement frames were rarely ever exactly what you were replacing - that's one of the challenges of offering lifetime warranties. You can't stock extra frames for every year you produce, so you replace with something that is equivalent to what was warrantied.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Oh - wait - my bad - I was focusing on the red bike - that's your 2000 model. The ???? is the mango one - either way - my above comments are still valid about it either being a warranty frameset, or a bike that was built from frame-up.

I do own a 99 model F400 that is that same color and sticker combo - but the F400 didn't have a Headshok in that model year. If we knew parts pick it might be easier to narrow down.

The other Cannondale is a 1997 F1000. The color is called Mango.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    Well i finally got around to taking some shots of my red 2001 F600. I bought it new in 2001'......i just found the receipt so my frame's lifetime warranty still applies in case i crack it. Gotta love Cannondale! And i Just had Mendel CycleSmith rebuild the HeadShok.

Mods:
    Singlespeed Conversion: 32TX16T front and rear gears
    XTR V-Brakes
    EggBeater Petals
    Weyless carbon handlebars
    Last edited by CabezaShok; 09-23-2010 at 10:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Im over this site, i just spent an hour uploading pics of my F600 and my post goes missings....but do a search and its right there...untill you click last page and .F$CK! it dissapeared again!!! I guess this whole thing is just a waste of time becouse you arent riding your MTB.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2001 F600

I still love this bike.

mtbr member

Here's my F600

You have an 03 F600. I no longer have my F600 but I have this F900SX.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Note the lack of F designation. It's a 2007 F3 frame that I got off of ebay. the guy had a warranty replacement and decided to sell it instead of building it. Got it for $150. love it!

more shots here

Not the best pics, but its all I could get in my basement as its snowing/icing here at the moment. The bike is a work in progress. Need a new fork for example...

Cyclist of Borg
    Just got a 2007 F1 off eBay for $255

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice score man! I have to say that is a sweet paint job. I looked at one in that color when I got mine but the guy wanted $400. I am very happy with the blue on mine. Now lets see it build up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lithiumX
    here's my f4000sl
    that's a sweet looking ride!

mtbr member

2009 F2 Caffeine

I love this one...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drb81
    I love this one...
    Nice single speed!
    How do you keep chain tension?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My winter bike:

Frame CO2 SL Medium
    Fork Super Fatty Ultra 80 SL
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Stem Cannondale Si 100mm
    Handlebar Race Face Deus XC 580mm
    Grips Ergon Grips GA1 L
    Brakes Shimano BR-M770 XT
    Brake Levers Shimano BL-M970 XTR
    Front derailleur Shimano FD-M581 Down Swing LX
    Rear derailleur Shimano RD-M772 SGS XT
    Shifters Shimano SLX Rapidfire SL-M 660
    Cogs SRAM PG-990 Red Spider
    Chain Shimano HF-53
    Crankl Shimano FC-M770 44-32-22T
    Pedals Crank Brothers Eggbeater SL 2006
    Wheels Shimano XT WH-770
    Quick Release Hope Quick release skewer - Red - Steel
    Tires NN/RR 2.10
    Tubes ???
    Saddle Selle Italia Filante Gelflow
    Seatpost Thomson Elite SP-E116 31.6/410mm
    Seatpost clamp Hope Seat Clamp Red

Weight: 10,3 kg - 22.7 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just born. 22lbs, once Ergons and cages installed. Photo doesn't do the Stralight Purple powder coat justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Movemint
    Just born. 22lbs, once Ergons and cages installed. Photo doesn't do the Stralight Purple powder coat justice.

HOW did you ever get a BB30 crankset on a Caffeine??? Nice bike, BTW!
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast