Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,072 of 1072
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    Anyone have ideas on how to take weight off the bike? Mine weighs just under 25 pounds. I'd like to get it to 23. I have a mix of LX and XT 8 and 9 speed parts, and Mavic Crossmax Enduro wheels run tubeless, v brakes.
    The bigger question is what difference will that make?
    Not trying to be rude but perhaps the biggest weight reduction is most likely going to be coming from you wearing lighter clothes and losing some excess weight if you are outside you ideal weight range. Having a bike that runs smoother and perfectly I think is more important than a couple of pounds in weight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    Anyone have ideas on how to take weight off the bike? Mine weighs just under 25 pounds. I'd like to get it to 23.
    Here is mine at 22.95 pounds.

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-201510-1-.jpg

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-201510-17-.jpg
    1995 CAAD2 frame
    Mavic X517 rims (382g each)
    Shimano XTR RD-M960 derailleur (204g)
    Shimano XT CS-M770 11-34 cassette
    Ultegra 6650 crankset (572g without rings)
    Race Face 38t NW ring 58g
    Hylix carbon seat post
    Tektro lightweight brake set
    XLC pedals (210g per pair)
    Ergon grips

I could take off more than another pound with:
    lighter tires
    tubeless
    foam grips
    thinner seat
    carbon handlebar
    11-32 cassette

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-201510-5-.jpg

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-201510-6-.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    For up to 2.8-pound weight reduction:
    ~ Upgrade to SRAM X0 9-speed Grip Shift: XO derailleurs included = 170g gone
    ~ SRAM X0 PC-991 Hollowpin chain = 170g gone
    ~ XTR 9-speed cassette(CS-M953, CS-M960, CS-M970) = 200g removed
    ~ Replace tubeless-ready tires for tires weighing LESS than 500 grams/ea = 450g off
    ~ Crankset upgrade - 9-speed Shimano XT, XTR; FSA K-Force Light, etc = 300g off

One Pound = 453g. if buying slightly used, expect to spend half that. Good thing about all the pricey, high-end light parts listed above....is people tend to pamper them.
    This.

I would also upgrade the whole BB while you are at it- the newer external XTR units are ridiculously light compared to whatever square-taper block of steel probably came stock on that.

That stuff will get you the biggest drop for the least $$ - then you can move on to CF bars, posts, etc, titanium bolts, dropping unneeded front rings, cutting bolts to minimum useable length and grinding off unused mounting tabs... >

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    1995 F1000. The only thing original is the frame and seatpost clamp. :-)
    Converted to external bottom bracket, 1x10, and an old Lefty Jake with 100mm of travel. The setup works great! I still have to put better tires on and convert to tubeless, but as it is it's just under 24lbs. Not too bad for not really trying to go as light as possible.

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-f1000_jake2.jpg
    Main Ride: 2016 Jekyll Carbon 2
    '11 Pugsley
    '97 Uber V conversion

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    After all these years still my favorite bike!

2009 Caffeine 3, 1fg !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20150602_164039321_hdr.jpg  

mtbr member
    this is my f4000sl, the assembly is being

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Wet weather commuter rig, 1996 CAD3 F1000 on 2.4 Holy Rollers, 68GIs

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by sunn80 View Post
    this is my f4000sl, the assembly is being

Very sweet. You know you can even go 27.5 or 29er with that frame fork setup?
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    So finally got around to upgrading my ride a bit. it is a 2001 F3000sl. i had a super heavy fatback crank with a standard BB on it that i got cheap off of Craigslist. well i picked up a FSA Carbon Pro CX set which was not exactly what i was looking for but the price was right. I had a bit of a heart attack when i realized that the ISIS BB was not adjustable from side to side. however i was able to get it working by using a 118mm BB. i changed out my tires to some 23mm road tires for a 100 mile ride I am doing in a few months. As it is now with out pedals i am at 23.4 lbs on the bathroom scale. rims are my next item but not sure what exactly to go with there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_6942.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_6946.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_6945.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jefflinde View Post
    So finally got around to upgrading my ride a bit. it is a 2001 F3000sl. i had a super heavy fatback crank with a standard BB on it that i got cheap off of Craigslist. well i picked up a FSA Carbon Pro CX set which was not exactly what i was looking for but the price was right. I had a bit of a heart attack when i realized that the ISIS BB was not adjustable from side to side. however i was able to get it working by using a 118mm BB. i changed out my tires to some 23mm road tires for a 100 mile ride I am doing in a few months. As it is now with out pedals i am at 23.4 lbs on the bathroom scale. rims are my next item but not sure what exactly to go with there.
    Nice!
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    2008 Cannondale F29 1FG, size Medium, with 80mm Lefty. Has hidden tool carrier inside of stem-head tube. Appears mostly original, what do you think? The lock-out seems pretty sturdy - actually better than my 2015 Sid XX.

Spotted on craigslist and saved this morning. Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_5478.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-img_5480.jpg

Whats it worth?

Does anyone need/want parts from it if I take apart?

I'd be interested in the Lefty. It's maybe worth no more than $1200(whole bike).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    may put it up on ebay but pm me if interested. really cool bike, just cleaned it up for 2 hours. works great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_5499.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_5512.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_5524.jpg  

mtbr member

Sunny boy by John Gruber, on Flickr

2001 Cannondale F500 aka Sunny Boy

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    My 2008 Cannondale Caffeine F29 Lefty

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-rcraxk.jpg

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-2j2c686.jpg

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-20oaa9.jpg

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Chedeng88;12840014]My 2008 Cannondale Caffeine F29 Lefty

Beautiful bike. Is that a polished aluminum finish?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks! Yes, polished aluminum with clear coat.

mtbr member

Post your F and Caffeine series bike

If you're having a creaking problem with your F series bike, it could be the replaceable derailleur hanger. Remove it and grease all mating surfaces, then reinstall. My bike is now quiet.
    Last edited by MikeDee; 09-24-2016 at 08:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Not sure how this reply is going to look but anyway I'm sure everyone here has seen this model before but not mine, I bought it off Craigslist about 3 weeks ago, it's been around the block a few times , it has quite a few scratches and plenty of rust, so far I've replaced the chain(really rusty) and both derailleurs, next on my list is grips , the shock is stuck but I don't think I want to tackle that at this point

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugstore biker View Post

Not sure how this reply is going to look but anyway I'm sure everyone here has seen this model before but not mine, I bought it off Craigslist about 3 weeks ago, it's been around the block a few times , it has quite a few scratches and plenty of rust, so far I've replaced the chain(really rusty) and both derailleurs, next on my list is grips , the shock is stuck but I don't think I want to tackle that at this point
    Confusing, that's how.
    Checkout MendonCycleSmith if you want your forks stripped down and rebuilt at a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rhumphryes; 02-24-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I'm thinking about building a budget Slate for my wife using an F series Cannondale as my starting point. I have the original set of 650b wheels from my Slate that I'm not using. I also have a set of 26" Mavic Crosslands from my dearly departed 2006 Scalpel 1000.

1) will 650b plus a 42mm tire fit under the rear of an 26" F series Cannondale?

2) Is there a certain model year when disc brakes tabs became a standard thing on the F series bikes?

My thinking is that I can build this bike to accept both wheelsets and it would be easily swapped between mountain and hybrid. I've done road tires on a 26" mountain bike before and didn't care for it, but I love the 42 tires on my 650b slate. I could toss some drop bars on it and have a nice all around bike with a little less speed but a lot more cushion than my Slate. My other thought was to powder coat it and apply new decals to make it a new to her bike.

mtbr member
    i think my 2001 F600 was the second year they came with disc brake tabs, my frame has v-brake bosses as well as disk tabs, unfortunately, my seat stays come to a "wishbone" at seat tube & seat stays joint, which makes it have less space for larger diameter rear wheels. a couple years later they did away with the wishbone and used normal/conventional seat stays...which made for more space for bigger wheelsets...but what year F frame that was ...that i dont know

that all said i can fit 2.35" Fat Franks mounted to 23mm 26" with 1/4"+clearance at the top, but i have to run 26" rims if i want skinny road tires, which i do and works great except for the lowered BB, gotta watch my pedal position in the leaning turns!

hope this helps,
    those Slates look cool never saw one before

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I'm thinking about building a budget Slate for my wife using an F series as a starting point...

2) Is there a certain model year when disc brakes tabs became a standard thing on the F series bikes?

Cannondale started using disc tabs, in 1999. By 2001 - all Cannondales were fully disc-compatible. Running a 650b wheel and 42mm wide tire should be ok. Only the 2001-2003 CAAD5 F-Series were able to run up to 700c tires...but widths less than 30mm.

Here is my 2002 F3000SL on 29er wheels:Post your F and Caffeine series bike-f3ksl.jpg
    Last edited by Cayenne_Pepa; 11-03-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Great info, guys! Hope to add another F to my fleet.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    Cannondale started using disc tabs, in 1999. By 2001 - all Cannondales were fully disc-compatible. Running a 650b wheel and 42mm wide tire should be ok. Only the 2001-2003 CAAD5 F-Series were able to run up to 700c tires...but widths less than 30mm.

Here is my 2002 F3000SL on 29er wheels:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3ksl.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	1103546
    That bike is gorgeous!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I prefer the term #monsterslate myself

CAAD4 F700, set up as a SS commuter. Lefty off a scalpel and running TRPs to SRAM S500s. Raceface cranks running a 44/16 ratio. Tires are Maxxis Holy Rollers 26 x 2.4 on Mavic Crosslands

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseyjase View Post
    I prefer the term #monsterslate myself

CAAD4 F700, set up as a SS commuter. Lefty off a scalpel and running TRPs to SRAM S500s. Raceface cranks running a 44/16 ratio. Tires are Maxxis Holy Rollers 26 x 2.4 on Mavic Crosslands

Very cool setup. You are some 650b wheels from being all the way there. I haven't decided if I would go flat bars or drop bars for the wife's version.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Very cool setup. You are some 650b wheels from being all the way there. I haven't decided if I would go flat bars or drop bars for the wife's version.
    cheers mate

wouldnt be a slate with flat bars!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

hello, this is my f ???? ex Savignoni, Ex official pilot of the cannondale volvo team
    It was his training vtt ( sorry for my english, translate via google

Mavic 117 sup cd ceramic and hubs Hope titane first gnration

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Love that colour! updated to a 45/16 ratio for my commute

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

coolest bike I've seen on here for quite a while! Nice work.

^ Agree....just WOW

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

That is hot

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Well, I snatched up a 2005 Cannondale F4000 SL. It has a DLR Lefty rather than the carbon Fox (good thing, IMO) and the hollowgram cranks. I'm going to strip it down, repaint the frame, custom sticker, and rebuild it with 650b wheels for my wife's 10th wedding anniversary present. Aluminum is the traditional 10th anniversary present after all.

Well, I snatched up a 2005 Cannondale F4000 SL. It has a DLR Lefty rather than the carbon Fox (good thing, IMO) and the hollowgram cranks. I'm going to strip it down, repaint the frame, custom sticker, and rebuild it with 650b wheels for my wife's 10th wedding anniversary present. Aluminum is the traditional 10th anniversary present after all.

The F4000SL with BB30 cranks is actually ultra-rare, 2006 Optimo model(Black/Silver/Orange). I personally would not alter the frame if so. I would only add the Siemens XC Racing Livery, which would add/preserve value:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-r-f4000-gnal.jpg  

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008

Post your F and Caffeine series bike

The F4000SL with BB30 cranks is actually ultra-rare, 2006 Optimo model(Black/Silver/Orange). I personally would not alter the frame if so. I would only add the Siemens XC Racing Livery, which would add/preserve value:
    My '06 Scalpel had the same livery. This one is the 2005 Optimo, but the paint is pretty beat and there is a smallish dent/ding near the BB, so it isn't exactly a collector's item.

mtbr member

^Nice build!

Iso....

Anybody got a line on Cannondale CODA Tarantula TX2 or Cannondale CX2 44/29 cranks? I have been searching since 2011...

Death Mud
    Feb 2011
    This might be sacrilege to some, but I think it shows how versatile these bikes are. I've made so changes to make my Carbon 4 more commuter and touring friendly, since I've been using other bikes for the trails lately, and I need a good all-arounder for urban riding and mostly-paved bike packing trips planned this summer. A Jones Loop bar, some smaller tires, rear fender, and it's good to go! I'll throw some bags on it for bikepacking, but this is how it will probably look most of the time, for now.
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_1581.jpg

mtbr member

F700 sl 2006

Model F700 sl
    Year 2006
    Size 18''
    Weight 10,9
    Frame Cannondale Optimo Alcalite
    Fork HeadShok Super Fatty Ultra DLR
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Cranks Shimano XT
    Bottom Bracket Shimano XT
    Front Derailleur Sram X-9
    Rear Derailleur Shimano LX
    Shifters Sram X-7
    Crank Shimano Drive Train 44, 32, 22
    Rear Cogs SRAM PG-950, 11-34
    Chain Shimano HG-53
    Hubs Shimano SLX
    Brakes Shimano SLX
    Brakelevers Shimano SLX
    Rims DT Swiss XR400
    Spokes Sapim
    Pedals Shimano XT
    Handlebars Ritchey WCS
    Stem Cannondale 31,8
    Seatpost FSA SP-FR-270
    Saddle Fi'zi:k Tundra 2
    Tyres Vredestein Spotted Cat (2,2'' front, 2''rear)

Still in progress.
    Will buy Mavic SLR wheels (07'), looking for alloy Ritchey WCS seatpost
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-qwgwadh04ma0w766bas769zwnngmfnuabe89bib8.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-39xd3ugod6e4b0tl6avp8al0kbnqvm0b663qe5z4.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-3dblxfbvwrcyd77acwxw4saeutusayf9nxmo0vjz.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dan66 View Post
    Model F700 sl
    Year 2006
    Size 18''
    Weight 10,9
    Frame Cannondale Optimo Alcalite
    Fork HeadShok Super Fatty Ultra DLR
    Headset Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Cranks Shimano XT
    Bottom Bracket Shimano XT
    Front Derailleur Sram X-9
    Rear Derailleur Shimano LX
    Shifters Sram X-7
    Crank Shimano Drive Train 44, 32, 22
    Rear Cogs SRAM PG-950, 11-34
    Chain Shimano HG-53
    Hubs Shimano SLX
    Brakes Shimano SLX
    Brakelevers Shimano SLX
    Rims DT Swiss XR400
    Spokes Sapim
    Pedals Shimano XT
    Handlebars Ritchey WCS
    Stem Cannondale 31,8
    Seatpost FSA SP-FR-270
    Saddle Fi'zi:k Tundra 2
    Tyres Vredestein Spotted Cat (2,2'' front, 2''rear)

Still in progress.
    Will buy Mavic SLR wheels (07'), looking for alloy Ritchey WCS seatpost
    I have never seen Optimo in that color... must be rare, European-only model!

mtbr member
    It's from catalogue :Post your F and Caffeine series bike-e6fs7sblu.jpg
    Only fork is newest Fatty + DT Swiss wheels + Stem with handlebars etc...

mtbr member
    According to my information, it is one of the very last frames serially produced in the USA before CD moved production to Asia.
    I find same desined frames in Germany, Holland and Italy.Post your F and Caffeine series bike-s-l1000.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-cd_f700_optimo_blau.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-cannondale_optimo_2.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-cannondale_optimo_1.jpg

mtbr member
    Basic specifications are here:
    Cannondale Bicycle Corp. - F700 SL
    Color called Patriot Blue (gloss).

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    My '06 Scalpel had the same livery. This one is the 2005 Optimo, but the paint is pretty beat and there is a smallish dent/ding near the BB, so it isn't exactly a collector's item.

I think it turned out well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

frames question

Hi guys, sorry fot using this thread for my question but before posting my F bike I need to build it up again and I have 2 frames to chose from. Before I do that I have one question.

I have these 2 frames in size L laying here. The black one is without doubt a 2004 optimo frame and is from a F2000 SL. (probably the one I will use) The other one is according to the sticker beneath the frame a 2005 model also in Large. The black weighs 1647 grams and the green 1712 grams. They look identical but there is a big difference at the seatstays. I believe the green one is a furio frame. I just don't know why it says optimo also on it.

see pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20171116_140329.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20171116_140413.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20171116_140353.jpg  

mtbr member
    Didn't "Optimo" refer to the alloy? It may be the same alloy, just in a different frame design. The seat stays on the green bike definitely look more like the post-Optimo (Furio/Caffeine/CO2) designs.

The only reason I might go with the green over the black is if it also has a later-style slack geometry. The Optimo (and similar design/different alloy CAAD5) frames are considered the peak of USA-made Cannondales with those flexible skinny seat stays, but riding my CAAD5 bike makes me miss the comfort and control of the Dual Assault Furio I replaced with it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_W View Post
    Didn't "Optimo" refer to the alloy? It may be the same alloy, just in a different frame design. The seat stays on the green bike definitely look more like the post-Optimo (Furio/Caffeine/CO2) designs. The only reason I might go with the green over the black is if it also has a later-style slack geometry.
    That would explain a lot yes. Geometry seems almost the same if I lay one on top of the other. I would have to ride both to notice a difference. I heard good stories about the "real" optimo frame so black it will be for now.

Thanks

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor1977 View Post
    That would explain a lot yes. Geometry seems almost the same if I lay one on top of the other. I would have to ride both to notice a difference. I heard good stories about the "real" optimo frame so black it will be for now.

Thanks
    Honestly, the black bike is far sexier than the green bike. So go with that. We are talking about 13 year old hardtails, after all.

That said, I recently revived this 2005 F4000 with powder, decals, 1x11 XT, XT hydros, and a rebuilt Lefty on 650b x 41 knards and 700c x 28 gator skins for my wife. Im loving the hell out of this little mutt.

700c

650b

Im reviving the 26 CrossMax wheels that it came with so she will have tires for every occasion. I love how plug and play these bikes are.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Honestly, the black bike is far sexier than the green bike. So go with that. We are talking about 13 year old hardtails, after all.

That said, I recently revived this 2005 F4000 with powder, decals, 1x11 XT, XT hydros, and a rebuilt Lefty on 650b x 41 knards and 700c x 28 gator skins for my wife. Im loving the hell out of this little mutt.

700c

650b

Im reviving the 26 CrossMax wheels that it came with so she will have tires for every occasion. I love how plug and play these bikes are.

Nice F4000 man! Yes I love the black more too but the green one is in a slight better condition but I am convinced now. I have the same crossmax wheels and lefty too. Was thinking about a 650b or 700c setup but that is probably something for next year. I have a bad boy with 700x40 G-one tires on it so I might stick to oldskool 26". The lefty needs some mod probably for that.

I also have a 1x11 XT to put on it. The hydros are magura MT2 (the more expensive brakes are on my bad boy hehe).

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Nice F4000 man! Yes I love the black more too but the green one is in a slight better condition but I am convinced now. I have the same crossmax wheels and lefty too. Was thinking about a 650b or 700c setup but that is probably something for next year. I have a bad boy with 700x40 G-one tires on it so I might stick to oldskool 26". The lefty needs some mod probably for that.

I also have a 1x11 XT to put on it. The hydros are magura MT2 (the more expensive brakes are on my bad boy hehe).
    Her Lefty is a 110mm travel version. It requires no travel reduction to run a 700c 28. The same fork runs a 29er wheel with a 2.25 tire with travel reduced to 80mm via (3) 10 mm spacers. That 700x41 would probably fit with a single spacer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Her Lefty is a 110mm travel version. It requires no travel reduction to run a 700c 28. The same fork runs a 29er wheel with a 2.25 tire with travel reduced to 80mm via (3) 10 mm spacers. That 700x41 would probably fit with a single spacer.

Thanks for the info. Will post a picture when the F2000 is ddone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

2004 f2000sl

As promised, used a rainy sunday here in Amsterdam to (re)build this one up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20171119_193114-large-.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-20171119_163232_hdr-large-.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20171119_193204-large-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice, 26" or 27.5" ?
    Klunk on............

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by irideiam View Post
    Nice, 26" or 27.5" ?
    oldskool 26"

Rizla Powered
    Aug 2007
    ... I believe the green one is a furio frame. I just don't know why it says optimo also on it.
    I own a 2006 Furio frame and it looks just like your green one except my downtube is fatter at the headtube and yours is fatter at the bottom bracket. All of the tubes look the same except the downtube is reversed. And mine doesn't say Optimo anywhere.

I think at that time there was a Furio and Furio-X frame. I believe mine is a Furio-X.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I have a 2009 F29er on an SL110 Lefty (travel reduced to 80mm for the 29er wheelset as it was originally on a 26er Scalpel). Ive thought about putting a 100mm travel Lefty like is on my 2012 Scalpel 29er to slacken the geo, give a little more travel, and increase the BB height. I ride a lot of rocky XC here in WV. Is this a bad idea? By my back of the napkin calculations, it should raise the front end ~18mm. I should just sketch it out on AutoCAD.

mtbr member
    I have a 2009 29 Caffeine XL frame that I am running a Lefty Speed XLR, 100 mm on, that came off a 2011 Scalpel 2 XL frame Let me know what measurements you need and pictures you need, but I'd say go for it. This is the second 29er Caffeine I have run a 100mm fork on, the last one was a Fox. I sold the 2008 that had the Fox 100mm on it. I know others who have done the same and love the more trail oriented geo. Love these frames I have owned two single speed versions and now have a 2009 set up 1x11. Super sweet frame with geo ahead of its time. Let me know how I can help.

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-image2.jpg
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-image1-1-.jpg
    Last edited by irideiam; 01-16-2018 at 03:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Winter Mode:
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-01173e58bc95fa220ab5be1567c3c880ef4a2ab7c5.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-01a8414f64f30ca097d035ee8121d72019494906e7.jpg

mtbr member

F700 sl Optimo frame 2006

F700sl 2006 finished this summer .
    Brand new Headshok Fatty OPI DLR 80
    New cockpit - CD stem for 31.8 handlebars, Ritchey WCS handlebars, ESI grips.
    New wheels DT Swiss XR400 rims, SLX hubs, Vredestein Spotted Cat tyres (2,20'' front, 2,0'' rear).
    Shimano XT bottom bracket, Shimano Drive Train 44, 32, 22 crank, Sh. XT pedals. Sram X-9 shifters and rear derailleur Sram X9.
    SLX brakes.
    F'izi:k Tundra 2 saddle.

Looking for lighter seatpost (Ritchey WCS al., hopefully).
    XTR wheels and XTR 960 groupset incl. brakes will come before spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your F and Caffeine series bike-3dblxfbvwrcyd77acwxw4saeutusayf9nxmo0vjz.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-qwgwadh04ma0w766bas769zwnngmfnuabe89bib8.jpg  

Post your F and Caffeine series bike-39xd3ugod6e4b0tl6avp8al0kbnqvm0b663qe5z4.jpg  

mtbr member
    F700sl 2006 finished this summer .
    Brand new Headshok Fatty OPI DLR 80
    New cockpit - CD stem for 31.8 handlebars, Ritchey WCS handlebars, ESI grips.
    New wheels DT Swiss XR400 rims, SLX hubs, Vredestein Spotted Cat tyres (2,20'' front, 2,0'' rear).
    Shimano XT bottom bracket, Shimano Drive Train 44, 32, 22 crank, Sh. XT pedals. Sram X-9 shifters and rear derailleur Sram X9.
    SLX brakes.
    F'izi:k Tundra 2 saddle.

Looking for lighter seatpost (Ritchey WCS al., hopefully).
    XTR wheels and XTR 960 groupset incl. brakes will come before spring.
    Nice! Why are you upgrading to XTR?

mtbr member
    I really love XTR 960 groupset - best Shimano design ever! That "allienish" grey/silver is stunning!
    Even production year is same as bike itselves - 2006.
    ... and a little bit it is about weight. Every HT Cannondale should weight less than 10kg

mtbr member
    I really love XTR 960 groupset - best Shimano design ever! That "allienish" grey/silver is stunning!
    Even production year is same as bike itselves - 2006.
    ... and a little bit it is about weight. Every HT Cannondale should weight less than 10kg
    Alrighty, enjoy! 🙂

mtbr member
    Sprint Triathalon Mode

Rollin' 650b and aero bars:
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-01da57cbb02e8fc1099cc8fbb95e7e46d1da31d187.jpg

Ugliest cockpit, evArrr:
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-01b2198d056db44ce09aef0dff1a77ee6391a21328.jpg
    FS: Cannondale Rush XL 24lbs, Cannondale F? CAAD5 XL

I'm selling my 2002 F3000SL. Condition is 9 of 10. PM me for details:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    I'm selling my 2002 F3000SL. Condition is 9 of 10. PM me for details:

Size?

Size?

Medium. All-original, CAAD5 frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Medium. All-original, CAAD5 frame.

My size and one of my favourites. Unfortunately I have too many bikes and no cash. Should not be difficult to find a buyer for it, looks like it's brand new. Can't you sell that ugly giant and keep the dale?

My size and one of my favourites. Unfortunately I have too many bikes and no cash. Should not be difficult to find a buyer for it, looks like it's brand new. Can't you sell that ugly giant and keep the dale?
    Giant belongs to the lady. The F3000SL is nearly mint...

mtbr member
    Post your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20180910_133618.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20180910_133706.jpgPost your F and Caffeine series bike-img_20180910_133850.jpg

My Volvo Cannondale tinker Juarez World cup UCI Mazatlan 2000

Nice! Ive been seeking a F5000SL myself...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011