Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Single crown for the win!
    May 2007

Post Your Bad Boy!

Let’s see your Bad Boys!

***************************/6fp2jw[/img]

A European ’07 Bad Boy Ultra with the Headsite, Fi’zi:k Blink and CatEye Micro Wireless.

It’s my second Bad Boy; the previous one was a ’08 Ultra 8 which I swapped for this ’07 Ultra. I had the 8 only for five days - the Ultra is way better, and I like the geometry of the 2007 frame more. It’s also got a much nicer paintjob!
    Last edited by freerider145; 11-10-2008 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Cannondale Bad Boy SS

Single crown for the win!
    May 2007
    Where is everybody? :-P Must be some more Bad Boy owners - especially in the USA, where the bike is from!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    My BB Ultra 2008.
    Ergon GC2, Airspeed Dual Pump, Aeroguard for Crankset, Cannondale Seat Cover and Water Bottle. The last of the good Bad Boys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    These guys has build some great Bad Boys. Look here!
    http://www.probike.be/article.php3?id_article=421

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just bought the Bad Boy Ultra 2009. I live in Japan so it was a little difficult to get hold of. I'm not that familiar with gear set up though. What does the shifter on the left bar do? The guy tried to explain it me but my Japanese is not that good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It operates the front derailleur which moves the chain between the front rings, attached to your cranks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I see. What is the advantage of that? Does it allow you to shift quicker or something? I think he said something like that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Front gears are larger jumps at a time ~ 10 teeth instead of 1 or 3 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Is there any other advice anyone would give a first-time owner? Servicing, things to look out for etc?

great forum btw.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

My Bad Boy

How's this...

P3230004.JPG

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Nice! How do you like the Brooks saddle? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on ordering a B-17N but I keep hesitating

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    LOVE my Brooks...I have over 2500 miles on it now..still looks the same, Comfortable, durable, a tad on the heavy side, but so am I. lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    this is sexy stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Wink My 2001 badboy

Love it to the death still.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec

... and if we just ... New Badboy 8

Went into my local bike shop the other day and spotted this little beauty for iresistable price!!!!

First ride last night down some schweet country roads with the lights blazing

My first EVER road bike, i'm gona start the comute to work next week
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I want that bike!!! But not for $800+ fees to import
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Couple more of my bike, changed the cassette to PG-970 12-26 and medium cage X9. Shifts like a dream now.
    Last edited by mrwibble; 01-12-2009 at 12:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Heres my 2008 Bad Boy Rohloff;

Only changed the bars for some Eastons in these pics. Its currently running as a 69er with a 26" matching Sun DS2 up front and cross tyres all round. I want to run it as a 29er mtb but you cant put anything bigger on a 700c x 28 on the front with the fatty headshock. Good excuse for a lefty I think

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I thought the Rohloff was pretty much the perfect commuter bike, the Rohloff gearing was superb.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    It was the perfect commuter bike, when I cycled 5 miles to work. I now live less than a mile away so walk, and head office is 200 miles away so I most definately drive that. Hence the bike is seeing only recreational use, and as I have a nice road bike already the bad boy will be only seeing offroad duty.

Rohloffs are superb though. I would never have considdered one before buying this. But I got such a good deal on the bike I couldnt turn it down. Now I dont think I'd even considder anything else if I was building up a purpose MTB. I'd recomend one to anyone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would see about putting two 26" rims on the bike with as big as tyres you can get on, then you would have a good mtb. Is it possible to have the Rohloff hub rebuilt onto to a 26" rim? The Rohloff Bad Boy and the Bad Boy Ultra 2008 models are the very best Bad Boys at their peak. 2009 models are lesser quality.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Has anyone with the rolhoff tried the alfine hub? Be interest in sharing your opinions?

Great bike tho, i'm also considering what was said above, getting a hope hoop with DT Swiss 4.2d for the front and getting a 4.2d rim built onto the alfine for the back.

Cheers

Derek
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Has anyone with the rolhoff tried the alfine hub? Be interest in sharing your opinions?

Great bike tho, i'm also considering what was said above, getting a hope hoop with DT Swiss 4.2d for the front and getting a 4.2d rim built onto the alfine for the back.

Cheers

Derek
    I was about to pull the trigger on an '08 ultra 8 instead of mine but a different shop offered me the rohloff for less than the rrp on the u8!!!

However the alfine would have made me just as happy. I virtually never use the extremities of the gearing on the rohloff, I keep it between 5 and 12 99% of the time. The alfine had plenty of gear range for my needs. I also far prefer rapid fire style shifters, but was slightly dissapointed that the alfine one doesnt block shift in either direction. My rohloff hasnt fully broken in yet so I cant say for sure, but the alfine felt smoother to shift. Its also nice not having the annoying 7-8 gear issue of the rohloff as they are the gears I use the most. For the price difference I dont think you are any worse off with the alfine what so ever. It is a very nice hub. Go for it, I dont think you'll regret it!!

Music & Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    I have a bike with a Nexus red band ( same internals as Alfine) and a 1FG with a Rohloff.

It's not very comparable , it's really two different leagues.The price too isn't in the same league !
    The Alfine makes a nice commuter drive but I wouldn't use it on my main MTB.
    I have the Rolhoff since 2006 , changes the cables after one week , since then , I changed oil once. And it has been through serious mud and snow.

Rohloff , no contest....
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast