Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2017
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    I was simply lucky to avoid falling....
    Of course I was under the weight limit and used proper torque to the rails.

Speedneedle after a month of riding seems ok...
    weights 99gr instead of 109gr printed and I believe matches better the looks of the bb.

Both saddles are super comfortable!!!
    When you are talking just 1 or 5 grams in a saddle then go with safe. I also agree Speedneedle looks good but I think Tune is hit and miss with products. Stem I have from them is solid and light as hell, but I would not be using their hubs as I know a lot of reports of problems from people around here, who are also well under the weight limits. Their carbon bars are basically Schmolke, and speed needle was a different designer. I guess the second bad boy for the wife will get a Brooks rubber saddle next.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I just found a few PM's in my inbox that I never saw asking about how I did the fender on my Solo. I want to post the photos as a very late reply and maybe it will help someone else down the road.

Post Your Bad Boy!-_mg_8727-x2.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-dscf7053-x2.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-dscf7054-x2.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-dscf7055-x2.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-dscf4800-x2.jpg

It's basically a longer bolt on the mounting of the disk and then a spacer to off set the struts. The second side is eliminated and it's works great.

Sadly the bike is for sale as I haven't used it in more than a year as I've been remodeling our house and the kids are now going to a much closer school so I'm selling it to fund a dirt jumper to use in the park. It's up on ebay right now for a very low price. Hope it goes to a good home.

Gregor

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Which Bad Boy?

Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and an aspiring member of the Bad Boy club. I have my heart set on getting on for my daily commute into central London, and for the odd shortcut through the park. I come from a trials / downhill background hence my resistance to getting a full on racebike. The commute is 9 miles each way.
    I am about 6 ft 3 and have tested a Bad Boy 29er XL in my LBS. It rode fantastically (although a L may be worth trying) but they unfortunately donít seem to have any other UK Bad Boy models (BAD BOY - URBAN - RECREATION & URBAN - BIKES - 2014) in their shops for comparison purposes. My concern is that the geometry is essentially that of a mountain bike setup and with very little (/absolutely zero) road riding experience, I am not sure if I would be better off with the Bad Boy 6 or 9 which have a shorter fork and what looks like a completely different frame? Has anyone compared the different Bad Boy models? Interested in weight / handling / flexibility for modifications.
    I definitely donít need to be doing any mountain biking on it but whatever I buy has to be able to cope with the odd light park trail as well being able to handle Londonís potholes covered roads and urban sprawl. Light handling and solid brakes is a must too given the traffic conditions..
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
    I just found a few PM's in my inbox that I never saw asking about how I did the fender on my Solo. I want to post the photos as a very late reply and maybe it will help someone else down the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_8727-X2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	904725

Name:	DSCF7053-X2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	904726

Name:	DSCF7054-X2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	904727

Name:	DSCF7055-X2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	904728

Name:	DSCF4800-X2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	904729

It's basically a longer bolt on the mounting of the disk and then a spacer to off set the struts. The second side is eliminated and it's works great.

Sadly the bike is for sale as I haven't used it in more than a year as I've been remodeling our house and the kids are now going to a much closer school so I'm selling it to fund a dirt jumper to use in the park. It's up on ebay right now for a very low price. Hope it goes to a good home.

Gregor
    Such a beautiful bike. Congrats to the new owner

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I changed the tyres from 23mm to 32mm and swapped to flat pedals...
    I love it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    I love it.

May I ask what bike stand are you using ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by austinliving View Post
    May I ask what bike stand are you using ?
    Yeah no problem...It's called Bike Hand. I see now they are making one with an adjustable arm to accommodate different sized wheels up to 29er. Mine is not, but still works ok.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Yeah no problem...It's called Bike Hand. I see now they are making one with an adjustable arm to accommodate different sized wheels up to 29er. Mine is not, but still works ok.
    Ah cool, thanks. I found it online now. Excellent

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Still Enjoying My B.B.Ultra

Original Owner of a 2005 Bad Boy Ultra with a few Extras:
    Post Your Bad Boy!-sf-bbu-2.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-img_3489.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-img_3490.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-sf-bbu-1.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-sf-bbu-3.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hi

I have a Bad Boy rigid 4. Haven't used it for some time as I ride a road bike.
    But I want to use it as a commuter for work.
    The only thing I hate is the triple front chainset. So I want to change to a proper compact double.
    Has anyone done this conversion? What components will I need?

Thanks

Steve

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SW6Steve View Post
    Hi

I have a Bad Boy rigid 4. Haven't used it for some time as I ride a road bike.
    But I want to use it as a commuter for work.
    The only thing I hate is the triple front chainset. So I want to change to a proper compact double.
    Has anyone done this conversion? What components will I need?

Thanks

Steve
    Do you mean chain rings?
    Swap the crank to a 2X model. GXP usually is nicer Bottom bracket. Should be British threaded.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Chain rings, crank, etc. Front and rear mechs. Shifters.
    I have Shimano 105 10speed knocking about, I measured the bottom bracket width & I'm not sure it will fit. I think the bottom bracket on the bad boy looks to have some spacers on the ends, so I presume the crank is wider to fit the chunkier chain stays on the BB. But I'm not wholly sure!
    I presume I would have to change the rear wheel to go to 10 speed aswell? Original Maddux rims fitted. Is it possible to go to 10 speed with the Maddux rims?
    I wanted to see if anyone has changed to a two chain ring set up, and what was used.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Road cranks won't fit as they have different alignment usually and the larger chain rings will be too large. MTB is slightly different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Post Your Bad Boy!

I love it.

What bars are you using?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hey,

I've had a BB5 (2014) for a few months now (yet to post photos) and have developed a squeak in my front tire. It's been lubed twice by my LBS but comes back a few days later.There is no rumble and the wheels turns smoothy. I've probably put 3000k on it.
    Is it normal for them to fail so quickly or need a total rebuild? I found other posts here where others have had the same problem and it usually caused by a o-ring and a few drops of oil / triflow fix it. Any recommendations on what to use?

Thanks for any help / advice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by scalpel2007 View Post
    What bars are you using?
    I'm using a FSA K Force Riser.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    bought this carbon aero chainring from Fibre Lyte...

Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg

and went from 2(32/46)x10(11/28)

Post Your Bad Boy!-image%5B1%5D.jpg

to 1(40)x10(11/28)

Post Your Bad Boy!-image%5B3%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Very nice!
    How did the ordering process with the fibre-lyte people (Stephen?) go? Did you ask for this specific weave? How long do you expect the chainring to last? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Everything went fine, although not so pro...
    Chainring was custom-made in 2x2 twill, in matte finish.
    In about a month I had it received.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hello all. I have a question for anyone that may be able to help. I have 2, 2010 Bad Boy Headshok Solos. One has a clearcoat over the reflective decals and is slightly more glossy than the other. The other one does not have a clearcoat over the decals. I do not believe that either one has been refinished in any way. Is it possible that these frames in the same model year, were finished different ways? Just a curiousity. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks. Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    what kind of tires are they??

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    nice! I'm thinking about getting a set of 700c sized tires on the stock wheelset for coming fall/winter season, and apparently sefas ones are what i need

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of refreshing my 07 Bad Boy rigid...going full XT 2x10, and I was wondering if there was an all black cassette out there that would work. I ride mostly in NYC, and a few light trails in NJ....I definitely ride the bike hard and I'm worried that the black road cassettes that I've seen might not be up to the task......any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. (You could also just tell me to stop being anal and used the XT cassette )

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I had this expensive lightweight beauty
    Post Your Bad Boy!-317.jpg
    Post Your Bad Boy!-390.jpg

...never worked, until I replaced it with an ultegra

so, stop being anal and get XT

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    bought this carbon aero chainring from Fibre Lyte...

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	914196

and went from 2(32/46)x10(11/28)

Name:	image[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	914198

to 1(40)x10(11/28)

Name:	image[3].jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	914199

At last you made the "move"? Please inform me on how it performs!!

Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast