Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2146
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ST34LTH View Post
    2010 Bad Boy Disc (last of the US made frames) here.

I'm looking to pick-up a 27.5" (650b) wheelset w/MTB tires and am trying to determine appropriate hub/axle specs.

Can somebody clue my in on what I should be looking for?

(807) Recordings, your setup looks to be almost exactly what I have in mind.

Sorry I missed this post somehow.
    I am not sure what you mean by spacing but it should be a standard 130mm hub which is basically 90% of all bikes. I believe I am also running a 2010 but I doubt it was made in USA. Maybe I am 2011, it has been so long.

The Chris King Hubs though are truly awesome and ride like a Rolls Royce. I think over stock wheels I have saved at least a 1Kg to 1.5Kg, but more importantly they have never needed to be aligned again, and take such abuse with zero flats.

11 Speed X01 I think is my next step and maybe some carbon bars, maybe seat post then this BB is done. Then again you know there is finished, then there is finished . Tooth size is what holds me back now on the 1X setup for main chainring.

I am done with the skinny tire ******** though on any bike outside a road bike as I see no advantages.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    Sorry I missed this post somehow.
    I am not sure what you mean by spacing but it should be a standard 130mm hub which is basically 90% of all bikes. I believe I am also running a 2010 but I doubt it was made in USA. Maybe I am 2011, it has been so long.

The Chris King Hubs though are truly awesome and ride like a Rolls Royce. I think over stock wheels I have saved at least a 1Kg to 1.5Kg, but more importantly they have never needed to be aligned again, and take such abuse with zero flats.

11 Speed X01 I think is my next step and maybe some carbon bars, maybe seat post then this BB is done. Then again you know there is finished, then there is finished . Tooth size is what holds me back now on the 1X setup for main chainring.

I am done with the skinny tire ******** though on any bike outside a road bike as I see no advantages.
    Thanks for the response!

I was doing some online shopping and was finding hub specs listed in a few different ways, so I didn't want to order the wrong thing. I went ahead and ordered a set of 27.5 Stan's with Hope hubs from my LBS to mitigate any sizing issues.

It sounds like we're on similar paths with our builds... ultimately, I'd like to go 1X11 (10-42) SRAM drivetrain with grip shift but may end up going 1X10 (11-42) Shimano if there's enough savings... carbon cockpit, XT brakes and a Brooks saddle will also be happening in short order... and maybe a set of better quality 700c road disc wheels down the road.

My USA built frame is pretty easy to identify as it has and American flag just aft of the headset on the top tube and "Hand Made in the USA" in reflective graphic on the seat stays.

I love this bike and have put close to 10,000 miles on it in basically stock trim. Now it's time to pimp it out a bit and have what I think will be a pretty cool semi-custom build.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ST34LTH View Post
    Thanks for the response!

I was doing some online shopping and was finding hub specs listed in a few different ways, so I didn't want to order the wrong thing. I went ahead and ordered a set of 27.5 Stan's with Hope hubs from my LBS to mitigate any sizing issues.

It sounds like we're on similar paths with our builds... ultimately, I'd like to go 1X11 (10-42) SRAM drivetrain with grip shift but may end up going 1X10 (11-42) Shimano if there's enough savings... carbon cockpit, XT brakes and a Brooks saddle will also be happening in short order... and maybe a set of better quality 700c road disc wheels down the road.

My USA built frame is pretty easy to identify as it has and American flag just aft of the headset on the top tube and "Hand Made in the USA" in reflective graphic on the seat stays.

I love this bike and have put close to 10,000 miles on it in basically stock trim. Now it's time to pimp it out a bit and have what I think will be a pretty cool semi-custom build.
    Pretty nice bike. ya my bike has no USA flag unlike my older C'dale MTB. If I was honest the older C'dale had nicer welds but this one is superior overall.
    Hopes are also nice and I considered them, but I said what the heck with the Kings as I ran them before and well IMHO they are simply the best and I like his ways of treating employees and love of coffee and food. Support who is similar if one can I say.

I also dropped the Avid brakes for the Magura MT2 which are much better, but I am not sure I may also go back to Formula.
    Also running Chris King Bottom Brackets and they have been perfect, but the speed needle front leather is peeling.

Who knows what the future will honestly be next but I look forward to your build up.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyage007 View Post
    Hi to all. I just need help identifying the model of this bike that was just given to me. Im just interested to know more about this bike. Thanks

Attachment 899943Attachment 899944Attachment 899945Attachment 899946Attachment 899947
    Its a 1998 F-Series(F-800), with a blown, 70mm travel, Fatty Headshok disc-compatible fork. The Volvo-Cannondale team raced this model, back in the day. 2005-2007 style "Cannondale" downtube graphics was actually applied aftermarket, as it was laid slightly crooked. Well-made frame...if it FITS you!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I seem to remember someone on in this thread looking for a 2007 f2000sl Optimo, there's one just come up on Craigslist. It looks really nice, just too big for me @ 20 inch had it been smaller it would have been sold!

Cannondale F2000, black, disc brakes, clean!

mtbr member

Re: Post Your Bad Boy!

Is my bottom bracket supposed to look like this? Seems like something is missing.

Wife just picked this 2014 Bad Boy 5 up brand new for me. There is an odd sound coming from BB and crank area under load. If the LBS where she bought was still open, I'd head up there now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    No, the crank is not installed properly. Do not ride the bike!

Happy riding.

mtbr member
    I've only ridden 3 or 4 miles, hopefully I didn't ruin something.

What is missing?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Most likely the crank was not tighten according to the torque spec. No damage to the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmastermike View Post
    I seem to remember someone on in this thread looking for a 2007 f2000sl Optimo, there's one just come up on Craigslist. It looks really nice, just too big for me @ 20 inch had it been smaller it would have been sold!

Cannondale F2000, black, disc brakes, clean!
    I know, huh? Why can't it be a medium? That is the ultimate Bad Boy frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Could it be a cheap cartridge type BB for the crank? Still seems a bit far out though even so.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  93.8 KB

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Need help identifying a bad buy that I recently acquired. I was told it was a 2011, but has handmade in USA decals on it. It seams that year was made overseas? Its not a lefty and has V brakes. hubs, fork, and frame are set up to accept disc brakes. any ideas? sorry for the noob question, but it seems I stole this bike off craigslist for $200.00

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    There is a website where you can entering the serial number from the bottom bracket to find out the model year of the Cannondale.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My wonderful 2007

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Beautiful background, where is the location?

PS:nice bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsarxxx View Post
    Beautiful background, where is the location?

PS:nice bike
    Thank you very much. This photo was taken in Gion, the home of Geiko and Maiko Sans (Geisha) in Kyoto Japan. (Where I live)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  93.8 KB
    Speedneedle? Looks like you are not running an offset seatpost ? I am sort of considering the same and debating various carbon brands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Only rigid bad boys came with offset seatposts...

First saddle was a Tune kommvor plus with alcantara....had it broken in the second ride due to production error
    Riding on a 99gr Speedneedle now and a 110 gr prototype GRAM seatpost.

Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Sweet

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Only rigid bad boys came with offset seatposts...

First saddle was a Tune kommvor plus with alcantara....had it broken in the second ride due to production error
    Riding on a 99gr Speedneedle now and a 110 gr prototype GRAM seatpost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	903922

Ya mine is rigid of course so that explains the setback. Looks like my seat but I have the alcantara, but the leather was my first choice (price was right). Leather nose if coming off on mine also, but was considering the Kommvor plus also as the speedneedle likes to eat clothes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    komm vor plus has the looks for sure....

Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg
    Glad took my money back from Tune....

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm looking to change my 2006 BB headshock fork to either a rigid fork or another suspension fork.
    Questions:
    Do I need to get a 1.5" to 1 1/8" new headset if the fork is going to be 1 1/8?

I have 700c wheels on my BB, do I get a 700c/29" or 26" fork? ( confused as the BB takes both size wheels)

Any suggestions on what forks would work well with the BB (rigid or suspension)?

Please help me!!
    Dionne Kent

komm vor plus has the looks for sure....

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	903948Click image for larger version. 

Views:	81 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	903949
    Glad took my money back from Tune....
    I like light....but Tune is simply dangerous!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I was simply lucky to avoid falling....
    Of course I was under the weight limit and used proper torque to the rails.

Speedneedle after a month of riding seems ok...
    weights 99gr instead of 109gr printed and I believe matches better the looks of the bb.

Both saddles are super comfortable!!!

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast