Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1989
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Yes. The only drawbacks are slower acceleration and slightly squirrely turning stability(wide tires+narrow rims).
    Nice. I am ok with that I have to cross large patches of sand and grass
    occasionally want some more traction and width. I'm looking at. The Michelin City Protek Plus. Anyone have experience with these?

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by njp316 View Post
    Nice. I am ok with that I have to cross large patches of sand and grass
    occasionally want some more traction and width. I'm looking at. The Michelin City Protek Plus. Anyone have experience with these?
    All Michelin tires are extremely tight-fitting. Even your LBS will have a tough time fitting them on your rims. If and when you flat - you will be screwed, waiting for the right person to help you.

Tires I had the best experience mounting:
    Panaracer, Continental, Schwalbe, Specialized
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks. That is vauable advice as I certainly would like to be able to change the tube on the go.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by xlerate View Post
    First Post here.
    I'm from Westchester, NY... just outside the city.
    Sold off my Cannondale Trail SL4 for a 2013 Bad Boy 5.

I'd like to change out the tires for something with a bit of tread as the Kojak's are not very confidence inspiring.

Also, need to change out the hand grips, as my palms take a beating, maybe something with some horns.

Any suggestions on the tires & grips? (also, don't want to spend too much, but I'm not into getting something that's cheap to just be a waste.)

Attachment 809450
    marathon supreme or contact 2?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    question about lefty hub on my bad boy 5. am i able to use an anti theft locking skewer? like pinhead for example.

mtbr member
    picked up a knog blinder r lastnight, man this this was made for the bad boy! looks awesome, and embarrassingly bright! lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Went to my LBS to look at tires and the guy basically told me that putting wider tires on my bb9 was a horrible idea, and the bike should not be going over grass or sand anyway. I ordered mine from Amazon as well.

mtbr member
    couple of pics from my 53 mile ride this weekend! my first time riding into manhattan. im over my fear of traffic, was riding with the taxis like a bike messenger lol. rode over the manhattan bridge on the way in, went up the east side, cut across town on 42nd st to the west side highway, then over the brooklyn bridge. this bike is so much fun, i love it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi everybody!

First of all I'd like to say that you guys have seriously great looking bikes!

I also have a Cannondale Bad Boy. It's a 2008 model, 26'' disc. I bought it brand new and had it now for 5 years. I just love it. I've been using it all year round and it has never failed me.

Now I want to make some changes in it. I want to replace the triple crankset to make the bike 1 x 9. To do so some help is needed. I'd like to keep the 48t chainring.

My questions are:

1. how can I maintain the chainline? Looks like the 48t chainring won't fit the frame if put in the middle.

2. Which crankset to use? I was thinking about Shimano Deore or equivalent

3. If I manage the 1 x 9 set up do I need a chain guide or jump stop?

The other changes will be 28'' wheels and possibly a drop handlebar.

Thanks for help

~ B A D A S S ~
    hello murcielago.

To make the bike 1x9 you simply remove 2 chainringz. the outer and middle is the same bolt circle diameter, so they will fit in either place. however, the ramping is different and all that crap.
    so preferably you want a singlespeed specific ring at the middle pozition. the middle position is 50mm out and the cassette middle cog is 45mm out. its highly unlikely you will be able to fit a 48t chainring in the inner pos, and 50/50 at the middle. Id say a 42-44 or so will probably fit in the middle pos, generally for mountainbikes. MAX. The ypou have the problem thet your bike has a small cog preference since its chainline is outwards 5mm from the middle. However this works. Maybe if ure unlukky you might only fit a 39 middle chainring.

either you mve the cogset out and drop some cogs, or you can't run a big ring in the middle. usually its both.

2 slx are good

3 maybe
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Done this on three bikes so far, changing to 1x9 (one changed 1x8).

Best is to change front to the maximum fitting in the middle and than to change the cogset to a roadbike one. I used a 11-25 ultegra cogset in combination with a 43 ultegra front on a zoulou roadbike and that functioned perfect.

Changing the crankset will make no difference because the limitation is the width of the chainstrays, so the problem will be the same.

Looking at my BB SS build, it seems that there is enough space to fit 44 or 45 maybe on the middle. Actual is 42 and thereŽs enough space left. Perhaps some other singlespeeder could tell if they have more than 42 on the middle.

to 3) Should not be necessary, didnŽt use one on 3 bikes changed to 1x9.
    Last edited by SJS.666; 06-27-2013 at 04:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

2013 BB1 Question

Hi,

Here is a few pics of my slighted modified BB1...

https://vimeo.com/69291227

I would like to upgrade the crankset and derailleurs. Any suggestions?

Not happy with either -- less noise, less weight and smoother shifting wanted.

Thanks,

Mojojo

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    GREAT Thread.
    Is Headshock worth the extra $$$ ?
    I'm confused about all the different names ....
    Bad Boy 1
    Bad Boy Ultra
    Bad Boy Solo
    Bad Boy 5
    Bad boy 9

Can someone tell me the difference in each model?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy1984 View Post
    Anyone ?

Go to Cannondale website, and see for yourself. Personally, I love the Headshok - it's worth the money!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Ok but some Headshocks have failed over time ... The guy on youtube, example.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Speak to Craig from Menddoncycles, He's a Cannondale expert!

Headshoks fail, due to lack of scheduled maintenance. Yes, they are hogs, when it comes to that....but the ride, the stiffness and light weight more than makes up for it.

Mine worked for three solid years, without a hitch. And, I weighed 190lbs back then. Don't base your bias on this guys' problems....

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Headshok vs Non Headshok? Pros and cons?

mtbr member
    For me, the head shock would have been dead weight. No need for it riding in the streets

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybkny View Post
    For me, the head shock would have been dead weight. No need for it riding in the streets
    Valid point because when riding street the Headshok could be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy1984 View Post
    Valid point because when riding street the Headshok could be negative.
    Not necessarily so. The Headshok smooths out rough roads, chip seal, and the occasional off-the-path diversion. Even though it's under 3 pounds - I find it invaluable, yet my 2001 Bad Boy Ultra still weighs 19 pounds:

o°<o NYC pebble jumper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Not necessarily so. The Headshok smooths out rough roads, chip seal, and the occasional off-the-path diversion.
    I guess it really all depends on the "streets" you ride on... I don't have one on my BB, but do have one on my F4. When I ride on the "rough roads" of NYC, I can easily state that I do not find a headshok needed for my local commute. When I ride trails it is a different story, but that's why I have 2 bikes.
    That however is based on opinion and geographical location... and I am sure other cases will differ on an "as needed basis".

Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast