Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
Results 2,551 to 2,592 of 2592
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Can the Bad Boy headshok accommodate a normal 29er MTB tire, or just 700c road tires?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Fairly quick question, I'm runnning a 2008 BadBoy Disc with 26 inch wheels, whilst I really enjoy riding the bike I often feel that I run out of top end grearing. So would I be able to change the front triple setup to a double road set up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Crank arms will be hitting the chainstays because of the low q factor of a roadie crankset

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    Crank arms will be hitting the chainstays because of the low q factor of a roadie crankset
    Exactly.
    I tried it on my 2007 with a set of ultegra cranks and it hit the chain stay.

mtbr member
    A headshok will accept up to 700c x 30mm, maybe 32mm depending on the tyre shape and the rim width.

mtbr member
    You can find 38t and 48t, maybe 50t chainrings in 104 bcd.
    It's not as long a gear as a road setup but it's 10% taller than a 44t.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Am looking for some new rims fir my 2013 badboy, i like the mavic crossmax's, but the front lefty hub is too wide. Can anyone recommend something similar?
    Am also looking at building from scratch as an option - i see the circus monkey lefty hubs look interestg - but again not sure if these fit badboy or if they are too wide (more for mtbike)... Any advice would b welcome.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Suggestions anyone? Can anyone help with suggestions on a lefty hub for badboy that will take bladed spokes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    By the way...after installing all the carbon stuff...

...I am on the road again

Attachment 987866
    That is a sweet fork. Can i ask where you purchased it? And after you installed it, did it change your geometry or your bikes stance?

I converted the fork on my last bike and i had toe in issues....

thanks.
    syco

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    ^
    Bought the fork from Yoeleo
    It has 445mm A-C (instead of 480mm headshock), with tapered steerer.
    From all the mods I did, the fork made the biggest difference...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg
    A pic from yesterday's ride..

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    silly question... but anyone know what tires these are??? I can't make out the writing on the side.Post Your Bad Boy!-badboy.jpg

Nevermind, found it... Specialized armadillos.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while trying to make a decision on my next bike. I decided on a Bad Boy! Love the look and versatility. Went to my LBS today that has all the 2016 Bad Boys in stock. It reinforced my decision. But I know of a 2013 BB being sold locally that appears to be the entry level model. So I have some newb questions. Is there a big difference in the 2013 and 2016 bad boys? both being the entry level models? I know the 2016 entry model is the 4. I don't know what the 2013 entry level model # is. I could save over $350 buying the used 2013. Is this a no brainer? Or are the 2016 bikes much better? Oh. The seller of the 2013 bike said he upgraded the brakes to Tektro. but didn't specify which. Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    never mind. I ended up buying a 2006 BBU.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsta74 View Post
    Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while trying to make a decision on my next bike. I decided on a Bad Boy! Love the look and versatility. Went to my LBS today that has all the 2016 Bad Boys in stock. It reinforced my decision. But I know of a 2013 BB being sold locally that appears to be the entry level model. So I have some newb questions. Is there a big difference in the 2013 and 2016 bad boys? both being the entry level models? I know the 2016 entry model is the 4. I don't know what the 2013 entry level model # is. I could save over $350 buying the used 2013. Is this a no brainer? Or are the 2016 bikes much better? Oh. The seller of the 2013 bike said he upgraded the brakes to Tektro. but didn't specify which. Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    My "new" Bad Boy Ultra. Picked it up yesterday. Excellent, Like new condition. The only blemish is a scratch on the fork. Also came with a 26" wheel set for the trails.(which I may sell as I won't be seeing any trails). I was surprised how clean it is considering its age.

Post Your Bad Boy!-image-13.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-image-21.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-image-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My "new" Bad Boy Ultra. Picked it up yesterday. Excellent, Like new condition. The only blemish is a scratch on the fork. Also came with a 26" wheel set for the trails.(which I may sell as I won't be seeing any trails). I was surprised how clean it is considering its age.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-13.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	1058013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-21.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	1058014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	1058015
    Gosh I'd love this wheels

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    giantcfr1. they are for sale. I have an agreement to buy, but no payment yet. PM me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    giantcfr1. they are for sale. I have an agreement to buy, but no payment yet. PM me if you are interested.
    Thanks but I'm in Australia.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    deleted!
    Last edited by kevinhartman; 04-04-2016 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Rims????

What are those rims exactly like brand / model ? they look stanning

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    New Brooks grips, Cambium C17 and Gatorskins ...

Post Your Bad Boy!-image-13.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here a few actual pics of mine...

Post Your Bad Boy!-20160410_184918.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20160410_184948.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20160410_185058.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20160410_184959.jpg

Because three bicycles are too much and the Bad Boy was hardly ever ridden, it´s now for sale:
    CANNONDALE BAD BOY, EDLES EINZELSTÜCK, SINGLESPEED, UNIKAT, NEUZUSTAND !!! | eBay

Maybe someone is interested!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    It's sad to see this bike on sale...
    I hope to have the new owner with us again...

Tires
    [QUOTE=queridiculo;10526975]First post, and sadly my bad boy is currently out of commission. The lefty fork on my Bad Boy 5 went crack after hitting a rather nasty pot hole, with the axle hub breaking off clean.

Cannondale can't replace the lefty fork, and wants to charge me $325 for a crash replacement fatty fork, an offer I'll kindly refuse... With a rebuilt wheel, new hub, new disc, and labor it'll easily push their crash replacement option into the 500/600 range.

[QUOTE]

Thanks for posting your experiences here. I've been intrigued by the Lefty for a long time, but I don't think it's worth the extra expense for special hubs, and apparently it's impossible to replace. They sure do look cool though.
    Soma, Surly, Salsa, Schwalbe, SRAM, Sun-Ringlé

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I have just bought what I was told is a fantastic Bad Boy SLX 2012 and have a couple of questions.
    I am struggling to find any details on this bike. It has rigid forks, Tektro disk brakes and 29" wheels.
    Can someone tell me if I am looking for the correct term, ie 2012 Bad Boy SLX?
    The serial number and other numbers on the crank case is 2851, VM53731, B100101904.
    Will this age the bike?
    Thanks Guys
    Last edited by jmsjabb; 04-19-2016 at 01:19 PM.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsjabb View Post
    I have just bought what I was told is a fantastic Bad Boy SLX 2012 and have a couple of questions.
    I am struggling to find any details on this bike. It has rigid forks, Tektro disk brakes and 29" wheels.
    Can someone tell me if I am looking for the correct term, ie 2012 Bad Boy SLX?
    The serial number and other numbers on the crank case is 2851, VM53731, B100101904.
    Will this age the bike?
    Thanks Guys
    Show us a photo or link....I can prolly ID it for you
    "The ONLY person who needs to race.....is the entrant"

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Here is my new 2014 Bad Boy 1. Got lucky my LBS had this bike discounted and in my size. Got it all setup and ready to get miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-bad-boy-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Slate Force CX1... My bottom B#@*CH! I love her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_0454.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Thm Clavicula M3 matte on bad boy

Did some shopping today...
    Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg

...and then did the installation
    Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Saw this outside Tokyo station on Thursday. (It has been tagged for illegal parking). Anywhere in the States this would be SO stolen! Nice being in a safe country.
    Keep on Truckin'

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiang Mai View Post
    Saw this outside Tokyo station on Thursday. (It has been tagged for illegal parking). Anywhere in the States this would be SO stolen! Nice being in a safe country.
    I had my bike also taken for illegally parking outside McD.
    I didn't have it locked to anything though. That was in Kyoto.I had to pay 3500 yen to get it out of impoundment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    hi there, which tire do u have on the bad boy?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Pictures of 27.5 (650B) tires on a BB ?

mtbr member
    Hi Xavier,
    I used to ride Schwalbe Kojaks on my BB and they never let me down. Choice of rubber of course depends on the surface you'll be riding, but for the typical city/tarmac environment the Kojaks were the perfect choice. Lots of grip and - if you play around with tire pressure a little - great comfort.
    Your question regarding the 650Bs seems interesting as this would allow you to ride even more volouminous tires and thus achieve more comfort... Same idea C'dale is following on their SLATE model range... Here I would opt for Schwalbe's G-One tire which performs really fine on raids AND gravel / trail surfaces.
    In the end it comes down to WHERE you want to be riding and WHAT you want your ride to feel like...

mtbr member
    Hello,
    Been searching through the forum trying gain as much info as I can. I think I have a BB3 and want to upgrade the drivetrain. Am I right in saying I can use a 30mm bottom bracket?
    Also what stem size should I be looking for in order to upgrade the bars and stem?
    Thanks for the help. Here is a pick of what I have
    Andre
    Takeoffs are optional....Landing is mandatory

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

2011? Bad Boy with Shimano SLX

Post Your Bad Boy!-20160716_152838_hdr.jpg

Edit: I'm thinking of getting some SKS Chromoplastics mudguards, suggestions welcome. The bike is size XL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    For everybody who didn´t get the actual email from cannondale.
    There´s a recall for Bad Boy and Bad Girl models from 2010 to 2012.

Detailed information about the issue:

Hazard:
    This recall is a result of some reports of affected bicycles developing fatigue cracks where the axle meets the fork leg. Fatigue cracks grow with use and can result in a broken axle. There is a risk that the axle may separate from the fork leg, with risk of an accident or injury.

Please do not ride your bicycle until the fork is inspected or replaced. Bicycles subject to recall can be confirmed by looking at the date code on the bottom of the fork leg. See above.

Subject to Recall:

Production Date Code Production Year
    P 2010
    Q 2011
    R (except RA) 2012
    Example: "RK24" is subject to recall.

Here you can find all details about which forks are to check (the lefty forks):
    http://www.cannondale.com/de/Europe/...ty-Information

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS.666 View Post
    For everybody who didn´t get the actual email from cannondale.
    There´s a recall for Bad Boy and Bad Girl models from 2010 to 2012.

Detailed information about the issue:

Hazard:
    This recall is a result of some reports of affected bicycles developing fatigue cracks where the axle meets the fork leg. Fatigue cracks grow with use and can result in a broken axle. There is a risk that the axle may separate from the fork leg, with risk of an accident or injury.

Please do not ride your bicycle until the fork is inspected or replaced. Bicycles subject to recall can be confirmed by looking at the date code on the bottom of the fork leg. See above.

Subject to Recall:

Production Date Code Production Year
    P 2010
    Q 2011
    R (except RA) 2012
    Example: "RK24" is subject to recall.

Here you can find all details about which forks are to check (the lefty forks):
    http://www.cannondale.com/de/Europe/...ty-Information
    A year ago, my 2012 Bad Boy developed this exact problem and cracked in the manner spoken in the recall. Cannondale replaced the bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Just put 650b Mavic crossmax sl with Vee tire rail tires 27.5x1.95 on my 2007 Badboy Ultra. Cleared under the valve about 3 mm. Rear stays no problems

Rides great
    Post Your Bad Boy!-20160729_104606.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelAvanti View Post
    Just put 650b Mavic crossmax sl with Vee tire rail tires 27.5x1.95 on my 2007 Badboy Ultra. Cleared under the valve about 3 mm. Rear stays no problems

Rides great
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160729_104606.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	416.5 KB 
ID:	1085625
    Fantastic! I have exact same bike (2007 BBU), and want to try the same.
    I'm guessing a 2.10 or 2.25 tire would not clear the schraeder valve up front, huh?
    Thank you!
    _Matt
    I just wanna ride...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Nope, I've tried 2.1 ThunderBurts and they just rubbed the the valve cap.

2.25 will definitely not fit.

Maybe 2.0 tires will clear.....

I did make a very low valve cap out of a ring from a valve that normally sits at your rim and used a thin sheet of metal and soldered both together. This gave me the maximum clearance. And the valve is still protected.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelAvanti View Post
    Nope, I've tried 2.1 ThunderBurts and they just rubbed the the valve cap.

2.25 will definitely not fit.

Maybe 2.0 tires will clear.....

I did make a very low valve cap out of a ring from a valve that normally sits at your rim and used a thin sheet of metal and soldered both together. This gave me the maximum clearance. And the valve is still protected.
    Nicely done!
    I just wanna ride...

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152