Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2146
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    So I got the bike back from the shop after taking it in for the brakes to be looked at...

The mech tells me that it is a design characteristic of the Magura hydraulic brakes to have that type of feel. He also told me he went ahead a bled the brakes "a little bit". Not sure what the hell that means; if I'm bleeding brakes, I'm doing the full push and pull cycle several times regardless of whether I think there is air or not. At any rate, after getting the bike home, the feel was essentially the same as when I dropped it off. I did several runs accelerating to 15 mph or so and doing full brake application on both front and rear. The brakes did feel much firmer at the end of the runs and I was able to get a full lock on the front rotor which was not possible before, so I'll check it when I get on the bike next time and see if it was an issue of the pads perhaps not being fully bedded on the front.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    How does the bad boy compare to a road racer speed wise ? Thinking of getting a racer, but much prefer the looks of the bad boy.
    No drop bar, no hiding from the wind, the rest is up to the "motor". Aerodynamic drag is what slows you down most over 20km/h or so, so decreasing frontal area is vital for speed. As for parts being aero it makes MUCH much smaller difference if any at all.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    No drop bar, no hiding from the wind, the rest is up to the "motor". Aerodynamic drag is what slows you down most over 20km/h or so, so decreasing frontal area is vital for speed. As for parts being aero it makes MUCH much smaller difference if any at all.
    Sorry, I meant in general, apart from the obvious like drop bars, two equal riders against each other, would there be much in it ? I want to join a road club, but don't want a racer as I don't like the position, I'd like the option of getting down with a bad boy when I wanted to.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Cross bikes are more upright. I doubt youd be much slower on a bb than any other straight bar bike.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

New Post for a new Bad Boy Owner!

Hi I hope this thread is still alive I've enjoyed looking through seeing some quality bad boys and got some good info!

I'm picking up my new Bad Boy on Monday. As I'm in the UK we can't get the Bad Boy 1 which is a real shame!! I wanted wider tyres so I'm going to go with the Bad Boy 29er as that comes with 29 x 2.0 Schwalbe Big Apple tyres and I wanted to keep it rigid unless I could have the lefty fork.

Will post some pictures soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hello guys! I'm looking forward in buying a Bad Boy and I just found one for 460$. It has the following set-up:

Frame 50 cm Bad Boy, Optimized 6061 Alloy, 1.5 Si head tube
    Fork Cannondale Fatty
    Crank Shimano M431, Bad Boy, 48/36/26
    Shifters Shimano Alivio, 34.9 mm clamp
    Cog Set Sunrace CSM969, Bad Boy, 11-32, 9-speed
    Chain KMC Z99 Black, 9-speed
    Front Derailleur Shimano Alivio, 34.9 mm clamp
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore, Shadow
    Rims Maddux C3 Urban, 32 hole
    Hubs Cannondale Lefty SL front, Formula DC22 rear
    Tires WTB Freedom Thickslick, 700x28c
    Pedals Cannondale Urban 6point3 Composite
    Brake Shimano M395 hydraulic disc
    Handlebar Cannondale Si Urban OPI Stem/Handlebar w/ Si Light, 7 deg.
    Stem Cannondale Si Urban OPI Stem/Handlebar w/ Light, 7 deg.
    Spokes Stainless XD Black, 15g
    Grips Cannondale Urban, lock-on
    Saddle Cannondale Bad Boy Urban
    Seat Post Cannondale C4, alloy, 31.6 x 350 mm

Post Your Bad Boy!-capture_001_12042013_104242.jpg

Is it worth the price? Does someone know what year is this model? Thanks a lot guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That is a steal, from the specs, it looks like it is a 2011 model.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmingli View Post
    That is a steal, from the specs, it looks like it is a 2011 model.

These bikes are so cheap in the US there almost double the price in the UK. The Bad Boy 29er I'm getting is 800 but there's nothing else that compares so just have to pay the price!

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Diuck....you just SAVED $1000!!!! Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Zachariah; 04-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the advice! Tomorrow I'll have it

mtbr member
    Hmmmm wonder what the shipping would be to the uk from americy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Bad Boy 0!!!!!

It's not so much the shipping it's the import tax that you get hit with!

I've found a model of bad boy I didn't know existed (and I'm very tempted buy it but its more than double the price of the 29er I'm ready to buy on Monday and I'd also have to wait untill may!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Import tax ? Only if it's new.

mtbr member

Re: Post Your Bad Boy!

Does any one know if the bad boy 5 will be removed from back order tomorrow? And will they ship tomorrow?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Paulscycles.co.uk has the bad boy 5 2012 in stock I know as I ordered one Sunday and it arrived today.

Depends on where you are in the world.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just bought a Bad Boy 9 for commuting around campus. Switched to Gatorskin tyers as I kept getting flats in the rain.

I love the look of the white rims on a bad boy. Anyone have any thoughts? Can I just spray paint white on the black rim once I have the spokes taped and tire off? Do i need a pain remover first?

Any other thoughts on upgrades? I actually like the stock saddle hardness which many people complain about.

What could I do this summer with a little extra money from work, say 400-600 dollars to really make the stock US$ 700 dollar fatty a better bike? I use it for my work and school commute but I also enjoy taking 10 mile bike rides on the trolley trail behind campus on weekends.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post
    One week with 2013 Bad Boy 1.

I switched out grips for Ergon GP 2s.

Also switched out pedals for Canfield Brothers Crampton Magnesium pedals. I sent an email about their Ultimate's wondering when they would be back in stock. I got a response that their newer magnesium pedals were going live for sale on their site in the coming week and I could purchase them if I wanted. Glad I said 'yes' because they are really nice.

I'm staying with the stock saddle because it seems to be working out quite well for me. No use in shaking up a good thing.

This is my first bike of this caliber. Came from a Giant Rincon. This rides so nice, fast and nimble. My son only needs to grow a bit more so I can get him the 20" kid's street bike that matches it!
    Hi, what color did you go with? White or black?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm guessing you mean pedals? The black ones. I'm really liking them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post
    I'm guessing you mean pedals? The black ones. I'm really liking them.
    Yeah. I'm thinking of painting my rims white and going with the white magnesium ones. 200 bucks? They seem great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Price is steep, but you can feel and see the value when you have them in hand. They have a nice look to them on the bike. White would look pretty great, I must say - specially with white walls.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    new to mtbr.just picked up a mint cond 2012 bad bboy 1. will post pics soon!!. bike is fast as hell!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Had a friend stop by to ride my new bike. He's sorry he had given Trek his hard earned cash! He loves the understated stealth look.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Finally took a pic of my 2013 Bad Boy 1. Decided to add some more meat on the rim. Serfas tires 38C width. Very nice grip and ride with minimal rolling resistance.

Adamo Road saddle (awesome upgrade) and Shimano A530 pedals were also worthwhile add-on's. Really enjoying this bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Those tires look fantastic.

Will you really need those spoke reflectors? They really take away from the look of the bike. I didn't really think so until I removed the ones on mine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Lol. Thanks. I do a lot of riding at night but the reflectors are off now...(after much razzing from friends!) I agree the bike looks better without. Plus the reflective decals really are effective at night.

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast