Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2085
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Are these the Kettle Cycles rotors? Which size? Actual weight? (They are made for a bad boy!)

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by micel3 View Post
    Are these the Kettle Cycles rotors? Which size? Actual weight? (They are made for a bad boy!)
    At $175 a pop for them....that is a LOT to spend on a high-wear item for a freaking commuter!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yes, yes, these are Kettle rotors. Front (160mm) is 54 and rear (140mm) is 46g. Very quiet running and they never go out of true. And Zachariah, they are supposed to last indefinitely. This bike is way more than a commuter to me. Leaves a smile on my face every ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by giantdale View Post
    So many gears
    Mine is back to the roots kind of Boy:

Please excuse pics quality.
    Your bike is awsome-as minimal as it should!
    I'm in the middle of my ss badboy project-i'm gonna post some pictures soon.
    What is the weight and what gearing do you use?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi, blade72, I'm looking forward to your pictures, don't forget to post them.
    My bike is 7,3kg and it is not going any lower because I like it as it is. Gearing is 44x16, tyres are 33mm tubulars (Schwalbe Sammy Slick). Chainring and sprocket are from fiber-lyte and they make for a very very quiet running drivetrain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

New question here. Fatty question

Nevermind.
    Last edited by tomehun; 03-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    giantdale, those rotors look serious... is it a straight swap with the stock ones or was there more involved?

I just got my BB9 by the way, here's a pic.

Post Your Bad Boy!-my-bb9-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've also got one of these on the way... you guys seen this? If yes, any experience with it?

Lightskin LED Seatpost Now Available! | The Urban Bike
    Lightskin seatpost with integrated L.E.D rear light

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Great thread you have here. I can't decide if I should buy a 2012 bad boy 1 or the 2013. The 2012 will be about $300 cheaper. It looks like the major differences are the number of gears (27 gears on the 2012 and 30 gears on the 2013) and the gear ratios are different, there are subtle other differences like the integrated light, but from what I can tell the frame, shock and all other components are the same. I might be overlooking something, can you let me know if there are other differences and what you would do (the store down the street for me has the 2012 in stock and can also order the 2013 pretty quickly, so availability is not an issue)? Thanks

I should have mentioned it is a solo vs a 1 as I am in Tokyo (naming convention is different here).
    Last edited by Ksanto; 03-29-2013 at 04:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm

Great forum and thread. Learned a lot here before I purchased my 2013 Bad boy 1. I was first going to get a 2012 model the LBS had but found a great deal on a 2013 model instead. Not a lot of differences between the two but there are a few.

As mentioned the 2013 has 30 gears vs 27 for 2012. Rear cog for 2012 is a black 9 speed Sunrace cog while 2013 uses a nickle plated Shimano 10 speed cog. 2012 uses a KMC Z99 chain vs. KMC X10 ( maybe weigh a little less) for 2013. 2012 uses a Shimano crank set vs the 2013 using an FSA crank set.

2012 uses Shwalbe Kojak tires vs 2013 using WTB Thick Slick Freedom tires (same size). 2013 uses an updated Deore shifter design vs 2012 (shifter housing designed a little different...might be aesthetic only). Red Cannnondale logo on the front for 2013 vs the Black logo for 2012, and as mentioned the integraded light is included for 2013. The light can be bought for $55 to fit into the 2012 model.

Must say it's an awesome bike that has managed to get my lazy arse off the couch and back into some form of fitness!

Regards

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello,
    Im new to the forum here, allthough Ive read in this thread for a few weeks now. After my last bicycle was stolen around christmas I was searching for something new and something a little bit more comfortable then my last bicycle. It was a carbon road frame (Zoulou Ijubane) with Shimanos 105, DT Swiss wheels and Ritchey WCS Flatbar. Very light (7.1 kg), very fast, but allthough very hard und uncomfortable...

Found a few pics of a great looking black bicycle with a lefty fork and loved it from the moment Ive seen it. So I had to try and get one like this. After a little research Ive managed to clear what bicyle it was, namely a Bad Boy and exactly it was a Bad Boy 8 year 2012...

Cleared out this I was searching for a dealer who had one in my size M and this was very hard. Seems to me that not so much dealers have the Bad Boys in stock here in Germany and Cannondale themselves hadnt have any more of the Bad Boy 8 in my size. Luckily found one last Bad Boy 8 in Berlin, paid 1350,- Euro for the bicycle including shipping costs so now Im a proud owner of this black beauty!!!

Never used an alfinehub before and Im surprised how well it functions. The only things I changed so far are the grips and the saddle. I bought white Ergon GS1 and a white selle italia C2 gel flow. Both (grips and saddle) I used on my previous bike and there they functioned very good. But the saddle is a pain on the Bad Boy, I think the seat position is too different from my roadbicycle before, so Im searching for something more comfortable. Should be looking sporty and should be a white saddle...

Anyone a good advice which saddle to try? Anyone have experiences with the Fizik Aliante gamma? Would look great on the bicylce.

Hope my english is not so bad, long time since school...
    Greetings from Germany...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    these bad boys look like badass commuters...shame i have to commute 20 miles to work.....

at least i can be in the Cannondale family!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-541173_561735203856918_48767134_n.jpg  

Last edited by LRichey0122; 03-30-2013 at 05:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilent1 View Post
    Great forum and thread. Learned a lot here before I purchased my 2013 Bad boy 1. I was first going to get a 2012 model the LBS had but found a great deal on a 2013 model instead. Not a lot of differences between the two but there are a few.

As mentioned the 2013 has 30 gears vs 27 for 2012. Rear cog for 2012 is a black 9 speed Sunrace cog while 2013 uses a nickle plated Shimano 10 speed cog. 2012 uses a KMC Z99 chain vs. KMC X10 ( maybe weigh a little less) for 2013. 2012 uses a Shimano crank set vs the 2013 using an FSA crank set.

2012 uses Shwalbe Kojak tires vs 2013 using WTB Thick Slick Freedom tires (same size). 2013 uses an updated Deore shifter design vs 2012 (shifter housing designed a little different...might be aesthetic only). Red Cannnondale logo on the front for 2013 vs the Black logo for 2012, and as mentioned the integraded light is included for 2013. The light can be bought for $55 to fit into the 2012 model.

Must say it's an awesome bike that has managed to get my lazy arse off the couch and back into some form of fitness!

Regards
    This was very helpful, thanks for taking the time to respond with all these details. I think I will be going with the 2013.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here is a better photo (first photo I shared was weak....). Bad Girl 1 in front and Bad Boy 1 in back.
    Cedar Key, FL
    Post Your Bad Boy!-cedar-key-bad-bikes-mb-15.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Just picked up a 2012 BB1 and trying to get back into riding. Love the bike, but plan on ordering a new saddle, grips, and tires. Will post pics with the new gear soon. Great thread that has given me plenty of info and ideas!!!

mtbr member
    fizik antares.....sooo happy!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc00576.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

BB1 "Upgrades"

Quote Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
    Just picked up a 2012 BB1 and trying to get back into riding. Love the bike, but plan on ordering a new saddle, grips, and tires. Will post pics with the new gear soon. Great thread that has given me plenty of info and ideas!!!
    Hope u enjoy the bike. I bought a bb1 late last summer. I replaced the tires with continental touring plus 700x32 or maybe 37 tires. I think the wider tires seem to give it a better visual appearance and a more secure feeling in corners if pavement is dusty. Next I replaced the saddle for something a bit wider and more cushioned for my large butt. It was a cheapee for $30 or so. I will likely replace it with some better eventually I just got a new cannondale 130 mm 20 degree stem to stretch it out a bit and up. Existing oem stem is approx 100mm 7 degrees. Then I put a 640 mm alloy bar with 5 degree rise, the stock bar has no rise and is 600mm wide. Again a cheapee at $20. This has put me more upright but stretched a bit more forward. I am 6'4'. I am however taller in the upper body. Next I think I may replace the seat post with a carbon fibre one to give the bike a bit more of a softness for my backside

Let us know what you will do. I am itching to ride as I live in northern Canada and we still have snow and more forecast for tomorrow

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gcclubs View Post
    Hope u enjoy the bike. I bought a bb1 late last summer. I replaced the tires with continental touring plus 700x32 or maybe 37 tires. I think the wider tires seem to give it a better visual appearance and a more secure feeling in corners if pavement is dusty. Next I replaced the saddle for something a bit wider and more cushioned for my large butt. It was a cheapee for $30 or so. I will likely replace it with some better eventually I just got a new cannondale 130 mm 20 degree stem to stretch it out a bit and up. Existing oem stem is approx 100mm 7 degrees. Then I put a 640 mm alloy bar with 5 degree rise, the stock bar has no rise and is 600mm wide. Again a cheapee at $20. This has put me more upright but stretched a bit more forward. I am 6'4'. I am however taller in the upper body. Next I think I may replace the seat post with a carbon fibre one to give the bike a bit more of a softness for my backside

Let us know what you will do. I am itching to ride as I live in northern Canada and we still have snow and more forecast for tomorrow
    Thanks for the updates on your items of choice. I just ordered Ergon grips and Michelin City tires in 35. I hope they give me the added stability and visual appeal I am looking for. Next up is a saddle, seat post, clamp, stem and handlebars. Still researching and riding to see what I really need.

I'm 6'1, 250 lbs and slowly dropping. I went with a Large frame because I prefer to be able to totally control the bike. I just feel with an extra large frame I have less control if that makes sense. Will post pics soon.

mtbr member

Re: Post Your Bad Boy!

I am 6'1 230 and went xl. The guys at the local LBS let me ride a lot of bikes that had similar geometry and it felt a little less cramped in the xl size. Although the L didn't feel to bad either.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have 7 bikes now. And not one is an extra large. So I guess it's just the way I like to feel while in the saddle. If I was buying a cruiser to go up and down the boardwalk, I think an XL would be in my future. No time soon though. LOL

mtbr member

Re: Post Your Bad Boy!

You know it is a better feeling when it's compact the maneuverability is a lot better. Like a small sports car versus a long limo lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    One week with 2013 Bad Boy 1.

I switched out grips for Ergon GP 2s.

Also switched out pedals for Canfield Brothers Crampton Magnesium pedals. I sent an email about their Ultimate's wondering when they would be back in stock. I got a response that their newer magnesium pedals were going live for sale on their site in the coming week and I could purchase them if I wanted. Glad I said 'yes' because they are really nice.

I'm staying with the stock saddle because it seems to be working out quite well for me. No use in shaking up a good thing.

This is my first bike of this caliber. Came from a Giant Rincon. This rides so nice, fast and nimble. My son only needs to grow a bit more so I can get him the 20" kid's street bike that matches it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Has anyone had any problems with the MAGURA MT2 Hydraulic disc brakes on a 2012 or 2013 Bad Boy 1? I've had to have my rear brake lever replaced twice because the reservoir will stop maintaining pressure. If the bike shop tries to bleed it after its lost pressure, it won't hold any pressure at all. It's happened twice to me with the same brake and I am wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have a 2012 BB1 with Magura MT2. I took the bike in to the shop over the weekend for a 30 day tune up because the front brake just felt "soft" to me. With full braking force applied, it feels that it is not able to fully clamp down on the rotor. I'm going to see how it goes after they bleed and feed the brakes. I'll post back with my results when I get the bike back. Rear brake feels great, nice modulation and plenty of stopping power.

mtbr member
    How does the bad boy compare to a road racer speed wise ? Thinking of getting a racer, but much prefer the looks of the bad boy.

Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast