Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice bike SMW, I wouldn't delete the stickers. You would loose the resale value.
    Last edited by pulsarxxx; 04-24-2010 at 07:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    Has anyone successfully installed a cateye micro wireless computer on a BBU with stick 700 wheels? No matter where I mount the sensor I can get it close enough to the pick up on the spoke to get a mph reading. it seems like the wide forks and skinny wheels are fouling everything up... anyone??

I was able to mount my cateye to my lefty using the cannondale adapter with success. I then quickly removed it cause it looked hideous. The lefty fork is an odd shape and will have to figure something else out. I am going to try the digital system that mounts to the rear chain stay.

mtbr member
    May 2010

All the way from The Netherlands.....

Name:  IMG_4022 rejust.jpg
Views: 5494
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5007 rejust.jpg
Views: 4666
Size:  70.0 KB

I had a Bad Boy 2009 all black ( what else ) that was stolen
    So... I liked it pretty much that I wanna buy a similar new BB but somewhat a little more special.
    I got myself the White Edition
    Unfortunately the 2010 models just arrived but without a doubt, I sticked to the white...

My next wish is to replace the front wheel for aa aerospoke model... also want a aerospoke on the shimano alfine hub but I don't think that is an option...

Anyone suggestions for my back wheel replacement wish?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Anybody know what will replace the bad boy next model year? Is it the quick? (not happy if it is).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by squareslinky
    Anybody know what will replace the bad boy next model year? Is it the quick? (not happy if it is).
    Is this assumption or fact that they're replacing the badboy next year? I assumed that they'd just use the Flash frame as an eventual replacement of the Caffeine frame for future badboys.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurenuff
    Is this assumption or fact that they're replacing the badboy next year? I assumed that they'd just use the Flash frame as an eventual replacement of the Caffeine frame for future badboys.
    I read that it was disco'd for next model year.

My LBS has a smaller one in stock. I stare at it every time I go in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by squareslinky
    I read that it was disco'd for next model year.

My LBS has a smaller one in stock. I stare at it every time I go in.

Wow, if true, I don't know what to think. On one hand I'd be saddened that they'd no longer be available and on the other hand the selfish side of me would feel proud to have the last model year badboy. My 2010 solo is already special to me given that it's the last "made in the USA" badboy.

Not sure what to make of this, can anyone else confirm these rumors?

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and sky.
    mmmmm.... dust in the winnnnnnd....

The Rush is gone too but the Rize doesn't look so shabby. Change is inevitable. Embrace it or forever sing country songs about them good ol' days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Believe me, I would be happy if it was not going happen. I am planning on replacing my MTB next year and the BB was going to be it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Just out of curiosity, how come Cannondale discontinued the "Rush" frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    wha! what! Whats this about the Bad Boy being discontinued this year? This bike was on my radar for next year, man.

Are they totally dropping it from their lineup or is there some manner of revision happening where a new generation of bike with a similar general mission fills that slot?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozh
    .....or is there some manner of revision happening where a new generation of bike with a similar general mission fills that slot?
    I have heard that this is the way it is going !

If you can't get a BB, look at the bikes that Charge is offering.

EJ

Badboy 2009

Hey guys!

I'm riding this bike now for one and half year in China, i did' some upgrading and really happy with it. ( bought it at the lbs Flyingball HK, great shop!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-china-shenzhen-baoan12-52010-3.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-china-shenzhen-baoan12-52010-4.jpg  

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Maybe not an "Official" model but an Ultimate Team Bad Boy Himod in my book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-p1010148-1.jpg  

Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have heard that this is the way it is going !

If you can't get a BB, look at the bikes that Charge is offering.
    Coincidental you should mention 'Charge', I have been recently admiring their stable of bikes but mostly looking at the single-speeds/fixed, but I found a great deal on a Surly Steamroller and have been very pleased with it.

I Guess I was looking at the bad-boy because of how very cool, iconic, hardcore and perfect it came across for the riding I intend to do about the city. I was actually having a fingers-crossed hope that perhaps next year they would put an alfine11 on it. I have recently come to really like bikes I don't have to fuss with (deraileurs) yet fully realize that gears are great if you need em and hoped for the BB to be it. I knew it was a longshot but I was willing to wait...alas.

Sooo....anybody got a Capo? Whaddya think of it? I have a current love of single-speeds, the surly is fixed so that 'jones' is taken care of. What of the Capo?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ..By the way, where did you guys that heard this bad news hear it from? I've been scouring the internetz and cant find a thing about this but admittedly I'm not a hardcore cyclist plugged into the mainstream of the industry happenings.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sure hope folks arent getting bored of this particular thread, but..

It's certainly nothing definitive and likely just casual talk but I had a conversation with a guy that works at my LBS regarding the end of the badboy. He said that he heard something like that but couldnt say for certain because he has heard something akin to this for the past few years with regard the final year for the bad-boy. He advised to wait for an official statement from Cannondale to be certain.

He also said that in all likelyhood there will be no new model line inserted in that bracket as the 'Quick' model fills that slot 'nicely'. The 'CX' variant has the 'Headshox' and the regular 'Quicks' sell quite well and are great bikes, "In particular the Quick 4 is so popular we can hardly keep them in stock".. Personally I'm not so taken with their looks...too cheery or mainstream IMO.

Again, casual conversation and not official info by any means..

So...decisions, decisions, decisions..

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hi all,

I am so glad to have found this thread with so many Cannondale / Bad Boy owners!

I recently just picked up a Bad Boy myself (Standard) and was looking into the Bad Boy Solo since REI just started their anniversary sale (15% all bikes, including the Solo!).

So my question is... is the Solo worth it over the standard Bad Boy?

How much heavier is it with the Fatty Headshok and Disc Brakes?

How has everyone been fairing with the recommended 2-month grease renewal on the Headshok? Does the maintenance apply even over winter when the bike would be in storage?

I think maintenance of the Headshok is my main concern on getting the Solo...

If anyone can shed some info, much appreciated!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Coincidental you should mention 'Charge', I have been recently admiring their stable of bikes but mostly looking at the single-speeds/fixed, but I found a great deal on a Surly Steamroller and have been very pleased with it.

I Guess I was looking at the bad-boy because of how very cool, iconic, hardcore and perfect it came across for the riding I intend to do about the city. I was actually having a fingers-crossed hope that perhaps next year they would put an alfine11 on it. I have recently come to really like bikes I don't have to fuss with (deraileurs) yet fully realize that gears are great if you need em and hoped for the BB to be it. I knew it was a longshot but I was willing to wait...alas.

Sooo....anybody got a Capo? Whaddya think of it? I have a current love of single-speeds, the surly is fixed so that 'jones' is taken care of. What of the Capo?
    Don't know anyone with a Capo, I 'm thinking about getting a Charge cyclocross bike next year though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by exocorp
    Hi all,

I am so glad to have found this thread with so many Cannondale / Bad Boy owners!

I recently just picked up a Bad Boy myself (Standard) and was looking into the Bad Boy Solo since REI just started their anniversary sale (15% all bikes, including the Solo!).

How has everyone been fairing with the recommended 2-month grease renewal on the Headshok? Does the maintenance apply even over winter when the bike would be in storage?

I have a Solo, I don't know how heavy it is , but it doesn't seem that bad. I have changed my tires and put some Marathons on it, the Kojaks did not inspire confidence. Where did you read about the 2 month grease renewal on the Headshok, I haven't touched mine and I have had it for about eight months now.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...plement_en.pdf

It says that the boot needs regreasing every 2 months

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...plement_en.pdf

It says that the boot needs regreasing every 2 months
    I take your point but that guidance is from eleven years ago, I think Cdale have made some steps in decreasing service intervals since then.

Other better qualified people may give you better guidance though.

mtbr member
    May 2010

badboy 700

Hi, just got bad boy 700 and I am very happy with it ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-badboy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi all,

I just recently started building a bad boy '09 frame with Fatty solo fork that my LBS was able to get for me. I will post pics at another timeI also own a 08 BB with the fatty headshock with disc brakes. But in regards to the fatty solo vs fatty headshock, it's about the same I would say in terms of weight. The fatty solo does not have adjustable rebound though. But the BB Solo wins points for being a very cool looking bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Latest changes to my BBS

Here is the latest iteration of my BBS. I have changed the tires from the Kojaks to Marathons for much better feel and grip for the riding I do . I have also added the Ragley Carnegie bar , Charge Spoon titanium and leather saddle and a Cannondale carbon / titanium bottle cage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc04888-2-1024x768-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hello everyone, i been looking all over the net for such a thread!

I had a look at this bike in my local shop. It had an 8 speed hub, lefty fork and disc brake. I couldn't find this same model on the official site (2010 models). Does anyone know what year this came out?

Can anyone give any thoughts on this bike? I think it's a beauty, I had expected the weight to be too much for me to be happy with, but was pleasantly surprised. My current bike is a Giant FCR2.5 which I like but feel I need something more rugged for my mostly city biking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1986
    Hello everyone, i been looking all over the net for such a thread!

I had a look at this bike in my local shop. It had an 8 speed hub, lefty fork and disc brake. I couldn't find this same model on the official site (2010 models). Does anyone know what year this came out?

Can anyone give any thoughts on this bike? I think it's a beauty, I had expected the weight to be too much for me to be happy with, but was pleasantly surprised. My current bike is a Giant FCR2.5 which I like but feel I need something more rugged for my mostly city biking.
    Are you based in the US or Europe, because there isn't an eight speed hubbed BB available in the US for 2010. try looking at some of the European sites

hrc
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    that is bb 8 (euro model). if you google that you'll find few reviews.

after official site redesign (european sites) lots of previously shown euro models just stop to exists, pictures don't match models and such. the same thing applies to for the http://www.cannondaleurban.com/

specifications for 2010 model: http://www.cannondaleurban.com/pdf/30.pdf

FRAME Bad Boy SI Stealth
    FORK Cannondale Fatty SI Solo
    RIMS Cannnondale C2 black
    HUBS Lefty/Shimano Alfine
    SPOKES/NIPPLES DT Swiss black/black
    TIRES Schwalbe Kojak Bad Boy Edition 622 x 28
    PEDALS Octopus
    CRANK Truvativ Firex 1.1. 42T
    CHAIN KMC Z610HX black nano finish
    BOTTOM BRACKET Cartridge black
    REAR COGS Shimano 18T
    F. DERAILLEUR N/A
    R. DERAILLEUR Shimano Alfine
    SHIFTERS Shimano Alfine
    HANDLEBAR Cannondale Urban flat handlebar black 31
    STEM Cannondale C3 black
    HEADSET Cane Creek black/black chrome
    BRAKES Auriga Sub - black rotors
    BRAKE LEVERS Auriga Sub black
    GRIPS Cannondale "Cityscape" black chrome ring
    SADDLE Fizik Pave incl. ICS black
    SEATPOST/CLAMP Cannondale C3/Gorilla Park black chrome
    LIGHTS ICS Bad Boy Edition
    SIZES S,M,L,X
    COLORS jet black/black reflective decals

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the replies (and the link). I'm thinking of getting either a BB 8 ULTRA or the BB ROHLOFF. Can anyone recommend between the two?

hrc
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    both models are the same except igh and price tag:
    BB 8 ULTRA - shimano alfine 8 speed with trigger shift; price around £1300
    BB ROHLOFF - rohloff 14 speed with twist/grip shift; price around £2700

so it is all about personal preferences and intended use, and, of course, money (for the difference in price you can buy another decent bicycle).

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernout

Love it!
    I love the tires! Where are they from? Pls advice...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondwhale
    I love the tires! Where are they from? Pls advice...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...s-gp4000-20898

I too saw juggernout's bike and asked him via PM the same question.

I managed to get the last pair my LBS had in stock.

Good luck finding some now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I got the BB 8 ULTRA today and am very much liking it. It's my first bike with disc brakes and I've found the back brake is very screechy – particularly when I've almost come to a full stop. Is this just a matter of the brakes needing to "brake in"? I've also noticed a "screechy" sound when I turn the front wheel more than 45 degrees either way.

Also, I fear this is a stupid question, but can anyone tell me what the integrated lights I've read about refer to? I there an add-on from Cannondale for this?
    Last edited by Grizzly1986; 06-23-2010 at 07:52 PM.

hrc
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i've never seen ics bad boy edition, but it should be something like this (rear light that goes into special slot in the saddle but saddle must be i[ntegraded]c[lip]s[ysetm] compatible) and, i guess, that it should come with the original bike saddle:

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just purchased my second bike in 15 years. I just got a 2010 Bad Boy Solo, only a couple days old. Man do I have questions but most will have to wait. I'll do little more research before looking foolish. I took a 27 mile ride for the first time ever last week on my old GT and did it in less than 2 hours(Not sure if that's good or bad time), and found it pretty easy, thus making the decision to get a new bike to improve time and ride.

One questions. Is there a carbon fork for the lefty to replace mine with? I'm looking to shave some weight by replacing a few components/parts. I'm looking to also replace the seat post, handle bars, and eventually the wheels with carbon, but them may have to wait.. TIA
    Last edited by FLiPinoy; 07-01-2010 at 12:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hrc
    i've never seen ics bad boy edition, but it should be something like this (rear light that goes into special slot in the saddle but saddle must be i[ntegraded]c[lip]s[ysetm] compatible) and, i guess, that it should come with the original bike saddle:

I saw the new 2011 Bad Boy Stealth when it was launched at Park City. The main highlights are;

1) An OPI Fatty fork , similar to the OPI Lefty in that it is extruded from a single piece of alloy

2) An OPI stem and handlebar clamp , that the developers are hoping to include an integrated LED headlamp into in the near future ,this will probalby not be until 2012, it's not available now.

The good news is the Bad Boy is going to be around for a while and continually improved.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Sure hope folks arent getting bored of this particular thread, but..

It's certainly nothing definitive and likely just casual talk but I had a conversation with a guy that works at my LBS regarding the end of the badboy. He said that he heard something like that but couldnt say for certain because he has heard something akin to this for the past few years with regard the final year for the bad-boy. He advised to wait for an official statement from Cannondale to be certain.

He also said that in all likelyhood there will be no new model line inserted in that bracket as the 'Quick' model fills that slot 'nicely'. The 'CX' variant has the 'Headshox' and the regular 'Quicks' sell quite well and are great bikes, "In particular the Quick 4 is so popular we can hardly keep them in stock".. Personally I'm not so taken with their looks...too cheery or mainstream IMO.

Again, casual conversation and not official info by any means..

So...decisions, decisions, decisions..
    Bad Boy IS NOT DONE , there will be improved BB in 2011 as well as more Quicks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    This is my Badboy ultra 2008. Change to a straight bar and did some cosmetic changes to the wheels. The ALFINE hubs works like magic. Change gears instantaneously for me..

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    hey guys/gals. First off want to say awesome looking bikes, I'm very envious. I just purchased a BBS and want to do a few upgrades. There tons of info on here and is a bit overwhelming. I am looking to get some carbon parts to shave some weight but dont know where to start as far as brands. Things I would like to do first are:

Handle bars, medium rise.
    grips
    seat post.

Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated. TIA

mtbr member
    May 2009
    raymondwhale, which ergon grips are those? nice ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPinoy
    hey guys/gals. First off want to say awesome looking bikes, I'm very envious. I just purchased a BBS and want to do a few upgrades. There tons of info on here and is a bit overwhelming. I am looking to get some carbon parts to shave some weight but dont know where to start as far as brands. Things I would like to do first are:

Handle bars, medium rise.
    grips
    seat post.

Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated. TIA
    On my 09 BBU Lefty, i replaced the handle bars with the Sunline V1 carbon handlebars, Ergon GC2 grips, and Thomson Elite seatpost (bombproof). You can check out my ride here: http://picasaweb.google.com/al.theph...ltraLefty650B#

Ride on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by cvicto
    raymondwhale, which ergon grips are those? nice ride!
    thank you. I got the grips when I bought the bike. You can get the same ESSENCE brand. I'm going to change a full white soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Just bought a few months ago. Love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-23451_10150168277745637_866085636_11827529_1026225_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The other set for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-23431_10150166452890637_866085636_11764891_3019523_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Bad Boy 29er

During the winter i rebuilt my old BB to a 29er. I got the first yearmodel (and the first with the solo-fork aswell).

Homemade trackends. TN719/DT comp/XT in front, TN719/DT Comp/Surly in rear. "Left over" fork for 10$ from my LBS.

Heavy but nice in the snow Amazing ground clearance!

/fredde
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-badboy29er.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to a pic. I just finished pinstriping the wheels a few minutes ago. Sorry for the quality, it's was taken from my iPhone.

Last edited by FLiPinoy; 07-11-2010 at 10:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ^^Love the pinstriping!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    ^^Love the pinstriping!
    Thanks bro! It cost all of $5.99 for the pinstripe kit at a local auto parts store.
    Last edited by FLiPinoy; 07-11-2010 at 10:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yeah..thats cool! Difficult? Like if you dont have surgeon hands?
    Need to get my hands on the Ultra Solo fork as well. Anyone know if you can purchase? Or is it only coming with the bike at this time? Cheers.-J

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast