Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2146
  1. #1176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Really like the Magura brakes too. Post Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-01-12.18.01.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-01-13.02.48.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-01-13.51.10.jpg

  2. #1177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Anyone here have any experience or parts list they want to share with upgrading the stem and bars to a different setup?

    Any info would be appreciated!Post Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-01-13.03.14.jpg

  3. #1178
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker007 View Post
    Anyone here have any experience or parts list they want to share with upgrading the stem and bars to a different setup?

    Any info would be appreciated!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-01 13.03.14.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	767527
    Your existing stem/bar combo is awesome already. I'd be more than interested - if you plan on changing them out....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  4. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simplekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Looking at getting a BB1 in the near future. This thread is a goldmine. Keep up the good fight!

  5. #1180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simplekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    Uh oh, I just put a 26" wheelset on my 2012 Badboy 1 and damn it looks great.
    Post count too low to PM.

    Just wondering what wheel/tire set up you're using? This looks like exactly what I'm going to do with mine once I pull the trigger.

    Looks great!

  6. #1181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Post Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-05-13.38.35.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-2013-02-05-13.38.17.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-2013-01-30-10.57.18.jpgReverse view, Sorry for the multiple photos. Bike is fast (pic is 20 +/- knot wind at my back!) It was smooth enough to pull my cell and snap a pic. However later that same day I did a 20mph crash after idiot sprung onto wrong side of path and ran me into the sugar sand. I landed on the path too! This happened on Fri and I did 22 miles today, so a little road rash wont keep me from riding, though I probably should slow down a bit when overtaking or passing someone. Like I said, the bike is FAST!

  7. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15
    I've been looking at the BB's for a while and finally found one locally for sale. It was advertised as a 2009 Ultra in very good condition (Headshock was replaced by Cdale a little over a year ago). Turns out, I think the bike is a 2006/7/or 8 Ultra as it has the Avid BB5 mechanical stoppers (and one caliper has a date of 2006 on it) - not the Avid Juicy 3 hydraulics on the 2009. Loving it so far and need to put some miles on it and then make some upgrades. All in due time as I plan to keep this bike for a long time.

  8. #1183
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by swimman View Post
    I've been looking at the BB's for a while and finally found one locally for sale. It was advertised as a 2009 Ultra in very good condition (Headshock was replaced by Cdale a little over a year ago). Turns out, I think the bike is a 2006/7/or 8 Ultra as it has the Avid BB5 mechanical stoppers (and one caliper has a date of 2006 on it) - not the Avid Juicy 3 hydraulics on the 2009. Loving it so far and need to put some miles on it and then make some upgrades. All in due time as I plan to keep this bike for a long time.
    Keep it for good. Pre-Dorel Cannondale BBUs in my opinion....are all keepers.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  9. #1184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eric_syd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    365

    Is this a bad boy...or what

    It is a rethorical question. it is my Bad Boy anyway. Couldn't wait to take it out around the city but will build it with drop bars as soon as the bar-end shifters show up in the mailbox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bb.jpg  


  10. #1185
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_syd View Post
    It is a rethorical question. it is my Bad Boy anyway. Couldn't wait to take it out around the city but will build it with drop bars as soon as the bar-end shifters show up in the mailbox.
    That is actually a CAAD4.1, 1999 F1000.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  11. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eric_syd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    365
    I think you're right. That's what is written on the frame anyway.
    I said it was a rethorical question ;-)

  12. #1187
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_syd View Post
    I think you're right. That's what is written on the frame anyway.
    I said it was a rethorical question ;-)
    Gotta PAINT those forks though!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  13. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eric_syd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Gotta PAINT those forks though!
    Kinda like the blue though.
    Not going to mess with that...

  14. #1189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CabezaShok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_syd View Post
    It is a rethorical question. it is my Bad Boy anyway.
    I call mine a "Bad-Boy Clone" but its really just an 01' F600 ive owned since new. I always wanted a BadBoy, and since i already had an F600 laying around it made sense just to turn it into my commuter/tourer "Bad Boy" clone. And it was cheaper too.
    Post Your Bad Boy!-imgp3018.jpg
    Post Your Bad Boy!-f600-list.jpg
    Last edited by CabezaShok; 02-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.

  15. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32
    I would call it a "red boy"!

  16. #1191
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by micel3 View Post
    I would call it a "red boy"!
    More like HellBoy!!!!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  17. #1192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CabezaShok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    More like HellBoy!!!!
    i love it! HellBoy it is...Great comic too

  18. #1193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: r18k20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    I picked up this Bad Boy just before Christmas. I went into the bike shop looking for some tires for another bike when I saw this 2013 model on sale and had to have it. The bike is smooth and fast, I love the cool stem with integrated USB light. I added some Ht pedals, Ergon gp3 grips and a Hornit 140db bike horn.

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1060540a.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-p1060524.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-p1060527.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-p1060528.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-p1060529.jpg

  19. #1194
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Sweet bike. But the pedals I call shin-shredders...LOL
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

  20. #1195
    ~ B A D A S S ~
    Reputation: car bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,334
    Appears to be a road going bike so I personally wouldn't worry even the slightest about that.

    I have similar on my commuterized rigid and yeah like once did I hurt my leg, a little. once.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

  21. #1196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmingli View Post
    My 2011 BadBoy.









    do you know the specs for the headshok stem and handlebar? Length and degrees on the stem? how does that compare to the stock all in one bar?
    Thanks

  22. #1197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32
    length and degrees: there are many different options you can choose from; the biggest difference is the weight: the all in one bar is about 350 gramm - if you take separate parts you can save about 100 gramm!

  23. #1198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by micel3 View Post
    length and degrees: there are many different options you can choose from; the biggest difference is the weight: the all in one bar is about 350 gramm - if you take separate parts you can save about 100 gramm!
    I am 5'10", ideally I should be on a Large, I got a very good deal on this M, the stock stem is only 90mm, the one I have on it now is 110mm, then I use setback seatpost, the bent upward Enve bar feels very comfortable.

  24. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Hi all, what a great thread. I have found it really useful.

    I recently bought a second hand Badboy off ebay. Serial number is TB 13204. Can anyone tell me how old that makes it and where it was manufactured?

  25. #1200
    I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Reputation: Zachariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by slickboy View Post
    Hi all, what a great thread. I have found it really useful.

    I recently bought a second hand Badboy off ebay. Serial number is TB 13204. Can anyone tell me how old that makes it and where it was manufactured?
    That sounds like a 2008 Made in USA BB. Post a pic and I'll ID more of it in two seconds....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •