Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2592
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for your answer Sylvia

Actually my picture only shows what happens after it came off. There is a spring ring on the lower part as well. I double checked everytime if the boot sits on the right spot and held by the spring ring well.
    Funny thing is that even dealers wouldnt give me an answer why it keeps coming off. Sort of frustrating..

Im just wondering if theres any problem with the shock itself. The damper or rubber seals in there might have something to do with this? Cuz it looks like when it does piston work, the air inside the boot pushes the lower part out.

Im thinking about rebuilding the shock by Cannondale to see if it solves the problem because i dont think this is supposed to happen no matter how hard i push the shock during my riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for your answer Sylvia

Actually my picture only shows what happens after it came off. There is a spring ring on the lower part as well. I double checked everytime if the boot sits on the right spot and held by the spring ring well.
    Funny thing is that even dealers wouldnt give me an answer why it keeps coming off. Sort of frustrating..

Im just wondering if theres any problem with the shock itself. The damper or rubber seals in there might have something to do with this? Cuz it looks like when it does piston work, the air inside the boot pushes the lower part out.

Im thinking about rebuilding the shock by Cannondale to see if it solves the problem because i dont think this is supposed to happen no matter how hard i push the shock during my riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Both the upper and lower part of the rubber boot should have a spring ring. I can see the upper one on yours, but the bottom spring is missing or has disappeared underneath the rubber. My guess is that's why the rubber boot comes off at the bottom.

Here's a pic of my headshok, so you can see how it's supposed to look (I have NO idea why my pic is turned 90 degrees and I can't fix it. Right side is the lower part):

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Sylvia:
    Found some spacers so far?
    I could get 2 5mm spacers from my local dealer, if you still need them. But can´t manage to get them before tuesday. So if you still need them and can wait a few more days I´ll get them for you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    @SJS.666: I just received reply from the German shop where I bought my BB. They also have the spacers, so I think I'll be fine. If this doesn't work out I'll send you a PB to let you know. Thanks so much for your help.

mtbr member
    May 2015

My old fella BAD BOY in da Home

Project still in that mix
    Post Your Bad Boy!-2015-01-15-15.13.08.jpg

I do adore this bike a lot : )

mtbr member
    Will a rigid solo lefty fork stand up to singletrack/cross country mountainbiking? Has anyone done it? I'm thinking whether a change of tyres would be sufficient to make the bad boy a somewhat capable off road machine or if I should change the fork too.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I just bought a raleigh misceo 2.0 and i have been looking at this thread all day. I really want a bad boy instead

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Wow this is awsome and stylish and everything the new bad boy should be! Please I'd like to know how you made the grey parts? Are they stickers? And how did you design them? I mean how did your cut them on the exact dimensions to fit so perfectly to the frame...Forgive my ignorance but i have no idea about this...Did you go in a shop that they do wrapping?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Anyone ever clean/wash their BB? I had a great time over the weekend with the BB1 and now looking to give it a good spray down. Besides taking off the leather saddle and handles (2014 BB1), anything else I need to watch out for when washing the bike.
    Im a total noob here, but I'll be using car wash and a microfiber mitt. Air pressure to dry. Thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05ebevo View Post
    I just bought a raleigh misceo 2.0 and i have been looking at this thread all day. I really want a bad boy instead

i'll sell you mine

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Anyone know if continental top contact winter 2 tyres in 42mm will fit if I have fenders on my 2013 bb5?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Just arrived

BLB notorious carbon 50mm - Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc_0282.jpghave to lose 5 kilos quickly because max. rider limit is 95kg for that rims

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Nice wheels Adom!

Meanwhile I got myself the Reverse S-Trail 70mm Cannondale stem and an Easton EC90 SL Low Rise carbon handlebar.

I wasn't too happy about the combination of colours and fonts in my new cockpit (high gloss stem with aluminum accents, silk-matte greyish handebar, all kinds of type and colour fonts etc.), it looks a bit crowdy on my matte black BB0 as visible on the two pics below:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3389.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3390.jpg

So I had the stem entirely powder coated in matte black.

The carbon handlebar unfortunately could not be powder coated because it may not stand the heat in the oven, so either I'll leave it like this or I need to think of another way to get it all matte black in a decent way.

Got some black bolts and the 1,56" spacer on the way and will post some pics as soon as I have it all in place.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-29-2015 at 07:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I must say that looks really good (I'd get rid of these white spots on the steam).
    Could you post one more picture showing a little bit more of a bike and that handlebar?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by adom View Post
    Could you post one more picture showing a little bit more of a bike and that handlebar?
    Here you go:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3426.jpg

The stem is now competely matte black:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3427.jpg

I still don’t like the red accent on my handlebar, because I want the accent on my bike to be the copper of the front logo, seatpost clamp and saddle rivets. Copper does not match with red. I can hide the red pretty good however if I put my new front light over it (Knog Blinder 1), so maybe I won’t paint the handlebar after all, haven’t decided yet and will wait for the spacer and black bolts to arrive first.

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3433.jpg

Also I got myself a Cannondale Alloy Side Cage waterbottle cage and new pedals: Xpedo Freestyle Traverse XFC-05AC, wich together with the carbon handlebar spares me some of the weight that I gained by changing the saddle and adding the lock:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3432.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3430.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3420.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My 2014 Bad Boy 0. Somewhat stealthyfied.
    Flipped over the bar/stem combo, found a blackish seat clamp, put on Schwalbe Marathon supreme tyres and swapped the Original sadlle for a Selle San Marco Regal.
    Peeled off the hideous transfers on the rims.

Post Your Bad Boy!-bb0-01.jpg
    Last edited by Jupke; 06-06-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    Total Compromise,
    no commitment

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Nice. Not many other size S BB's here :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What are the current best all round city commuter tyres?

The stock tyres on the bb are slicks and very dangerous in the wet.

mtbr member
    Quite reassuring to see how obsessed people are about details like the colours of logos, it makes me feel like less of a weird nerd

Here's mine as it stands, carbon handlebar and seatpost, red anodised grip clamps and seatpost collar. Also changed the wire bead Kojaks to folding ones that I had, shedding close to 100 grams a wheel! On the to do list are a different stem, red anodised c-clips for the brake hoses and gear cable and possibly a carbon saddle and different pedals.

Post Your Bad Boy!-badbwoi.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

longest stems available for - Si Urban OPI Stem/Handlebar on my Bad Boy 1?

Can someone please let me know what is longest stem available for Si Urban OPI Stem/Handlebar on my Bad Boy 1?
    Can you please also include online links where are get 1.56" stems?
    thanks, R

Quote Originally Posted by SJS.666 View Post
    Beside the Cannondale stems there are very few other stems with a diameter of 1.56" and more on the expensive side. The Cannondale stems are ok, the weight is not too much and the prices are fair.

Only can think of Hope and Reverse if you want something else then the Cannondale stem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    From the brands that SJS.666 mentioned (and I did not find any current other brands in Europe), the longest 1.56" stem is the Cannondale XC3 Headshok + Lefty Stem, 140mm, +/- 5 degrees.

I am confident you will find a decent shop for that one yourself. It's not that difficult.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by adom View Post
    Just arrived

BLB notorious carbon 50mm - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0282.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	992066have to lose 5 kilos quickly because max. rider limit is 95kg for that rims
    I am using the same rims too! What hubs are you gonna lace them to?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    LB notorious carbon 50mm 500grams :O Thats almost my whole front wheel with hub weight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    @sylvia
    nice work (on the commuter side)!!!
    Total black is what your bars need.

@piemel
    bike looks super cool...a shorter and neg rise stem and some lightweight pedals would be perfect.
    IMO don't mess with red...a white frame and all the rest black are enough for the bike's concept.

@Adom
    A wide profile rim would look pretty aggressive on your bike!!!
    But rims are heavy...
    Braking surface is unnecessary when using disc brakes, too

My 35/55 profile carbon rims are on their way...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    some of us is just going for the look. doesn't really matter if you have everything in carbon when the frame itself weights so much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I don't see any problem in combining good looks with weight loss. Every 500gr less is still 500gr less. And you may want to scroll back through this topic to see how much weight some of the BB-weightweenies did loose, I think it's quite impressive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    @piemel
    bike looks super cool...a shorter and neg rise stem and some lightweight pedals would be perfect.
    IMO don't mess with red...a white frame and all the rest black are enough for the bike's concept.
    Thanks for the feedback, the stem is only 80/90mm long but I do agree about the rise. Ideally I'd have a zero rise stem and slam it but it'd end up way too low. Imo the red touches it has now add an interesting twist, plain black and white like how it was was too boring. I won't be adding any more red details though.

About the weight saving issue, to me it's really not a big deal. Having ridden virtually nothing but fixed for the past 5 years, the bad boy is never going to feel light to me when lifting it. It is every bit as fast as my other bikes though and that's what it's all about in the end isn't it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by stzh89 View Post
    some of us is just going for the look. doesn't really matter if you have everything in carbon when the frame itself weights so much.
    I agree...if we dont like what we see, we don't ride it.

A large frame weights 1680gr...which is light for an alu frame.
    Frame with headshok:3193gr
    Post Your Bad Boy!-069-2-.jpg

lots of weight can be saved...stock seatpost, saddle, wheels and tires weight tonnes
    Last edited by houzik; 06-03-2015 at 05:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Test-ride with Fizik Kurve Bull saddle. (I absolutely love it, my seatbones have survived, so I will move the heavy Brooks saddle to my beach cruiser):

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3473.jpg

Finally got the 1.56” spacers and I have replaced all the silver-coloured metal bolts that came with the stem by black titanium bolts:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3476.jpg

My cats have chewed off both plastic valve caps, so I took aluminum KCNC caps:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3481.jpg

One more just for the fun of it:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3478.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    @Sylvia, my wife is loving her Brook Saddle (rubber one) with the cut out. Ya it's a bit heavy, but she also didn't mind the Speedneedle Marathon which is wider than the regular one. The bibs are a huge factor in seat comfort with carbon saddles and my Tune is not so comfy if I am not in padded shorts, and the better the padding the better the saddle is.

Currently my BB is at 9.4Kg and I can't see loosing my more. Maybe a bit on a seat post but with out changing front forks there won't be much further to go and think hitting under 8Kg a long shot. If I add a lefty (just an idea) it will likely be back closer to 10kg.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    @Sylvia, my wife is loving her Brook Saddle (rubber one) with the cut out. Ya it's a bit heavy, but she also didn't mind the Speedneedle Marathon which is wider than the regular one. The bibs are a huge factor in seat comfort with carbon saddles and my Tune is not so comfy if I am not in padded shorts, and the better the padding the better the saddle is.
    I also looked at your wife's saddle, I think it's the Brooks Cambium C15 Carved, but I found it not wide enough. The Fizik Kurve is 6cm wider and fits me better. What I like about this particular saddle, is the kevlar that is used where the seatbones are. It really relieves those areas and I can ride just fine without padded shorts:

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_3483.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I also looked at your wife's saddle, I think it's the Brooks Cambium C15 Carved, but I found it not wide enough. The Fizik Kurve is 6cm wider and fits me better. What I like about this particular saddle, is the kevlar that is used to where the seatbones are. It really relieves those areas and I can ride just fine without padded shorts:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	993710
    That looks well constructed. Funny thing about Fizik is basically it is Selle company who started once Brook patent on their saddle ran out. Or something like that. I think if I ever get a full MTB I would consider Fizik again.

More shops should have display models for people to test as it really is hit and miss and you can't tell by forums as everyone is different.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    I'm looking for OPI Urban bar/stem combo. PM me if available...
    "The ONLY person who needs to race.....is the entrant"

mtbr member
    The new saddle looks heaps better, I hate the look of a brooks on almost any type of bike. I'm currently contemplating getting an unpadded carbon SMP saddle. I ride in casual clothes so no bibs, I'm hoping the sort of anatomical shape of the SMP will reduce the need for padding? Might just be wishful thinking though. Maybe I'll pull the trigger and find out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    That looks well constructed. Funny thing about Fizik is basically it is Selle company who started once Brook patent on their saddle ran out. Or something like that.
    Funny, I did not know that.
    I read that previous models of the Fizik Kurve line had some problems, they could tear. This problem was solved with the 2015 models.

More shops should have display models for people to test as it really is hit and miss and you can't tell by forums as everyone is different.
    I totally agree. My seatbones are always the first to hurt because I don't have a lot of fat to cover them, also my tail bone has been broken twice during childhood and is giving me problems ever since. And I have severe lower back problems since I fell from a horse about a year ago (and the horse fell on top of me, a 650kg Friesian horse...), so I absolutely need to test a saddle before I buy it. I always explain to the dealer why, and if they don't let me test a saddle on my own bike for at least a day, I immediately move on to the next dealer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by piemelpiemel View Post
    The new saddle looks heaps better, I hate the look of a brooks on almost any type of bike. I'm currently contemplating getting an unpadded carbon SMP saddle. I ride in casual clothes so no bibs, I'm hoping the sort of anatomical shape of the SMP will reduce the need for padding? Might just be wishful thinking though. Maybe I'll pull the trigger and find out.
    It is a trade-off in designs. You want support and flex in the correct areas. My speed needle I could ride to work and back for about 6Km with no pads and same with the new one I am using. I would not recommend longer rides, but in all honesty it was more comfy than my original Fiz that came with the bike which had more padding.

Brooks look good on vintage type dutch bikes and some vintage racers but the one my wife has fits this BB.

On a side note my Speedneedle pretty much had for lunch all my shorts and pants from the way it rubs on the sides. Only bibs I have that survived are my Gores.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Funny, I did not know that.
    I totally agree. My seatbones are always the first to hurt because I don't have a lot of fat to cover them, also my tail bone has been broken twice during childhood and is giving me problems ever since. And I have severe lower back problems since I fell from a horse about a year ago (and the horse fell on top of me, a 650kg Friesian horse...), so I absolutely need to test a saddle before I buy it. I always explain to the dealer why, and if they don't let me test a saddle on my own bike for at least a day, I immediately move on to the next dealer.
    I hear you on dealers, and also understand their position as manufacturers are not really helpful in demo models. Lucky I have a great shop here bikes24.com who are really great with a lot of experienced riders. Still for woman it is even harder in the biking world.

My problem is the opposite where I have too much weight to carry and my fat ass still does not give enough padding j/k. Usually for me it is I carry far too much in my backpack to work and back and then sneak a ride after work with clothes, shoes, water, etc. At least I am not carrying 3 litres of milk, couple of cans and groceries anymore (got wiser)

Arrrg, strange network issues third time trying to reply.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Sylvia much better!!!
    Fizik is supposed to be among the best saddle manufactures.
    I am sure you ll enjoy it.
    Did you get the integrated light?
    A fizik stealth seatpost should be next IMO

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Lucky I have a great shop here bikes24.com who are really great with a lot of experienced riders.
    If that is bike24.com (so without the "s"), then I purchased my carbon handlebar there, for a really good price because it was the 2014 model. It's a shame I cannot visit them, it's too far.

At least I am not carrying 3 litres of milk, couple of cans and groceries anymore (got wiser)
    Now I understand why you are keeping your bike as light as possible ;-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sylvia much better!!!
    Fizik is supposed to be among the best saddle manufactures.
    I am sure you ll enjoy it.
    Did you get the integrated light?
    A fizik stealth seatpost should be next IMO
    Thanks!

No I did not get the integrated light yet. I only recently bought the Knog rear light and I'll keep on using that one for the time beiing.

And owwww yess, during my Fizik saddle research I found their seatposts as well, especially the Cyrano Seatpost 00. I could also really use the 25mm setback, but that seatpost is way too expensive for now, maybe later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Sylvia:
    Looking at your bicycle, and seeing your setting of the seat (height and setback), I wonder why you didn´t bought a medium one. Would fit much better imo. I don´t think the height of my seat is a big difference to mine on a medium frame. The setback just looks horrible. You should definitly change the seatpost.

mtbr member
    You can hardly say that there's too much seatpost showing when the saddle and handlebars are level. My saddle is way higher than my handlebars and I defintely don't need a larger size.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS.666 View Post
    @Sylvia:
    Looking at your bicycle, and seeing your setting of the seat (height and setback), I wonder why you didn´t bought a medium one. Would fit much better imo. I don´t think the height of my seat is a big difference to mine on a medium frame. The setback just looks horrible. You should definitly change the seatpost.
    My body height is 1,64cm (5'4.5"). Compared to most people (especially compared to men and BB is a men's bike model), I have long legs and a short upper body. And then there are my problematic butt and lower back.

I could probably have tweaked a size M to my personal needs as well, but when fitting the bikes the distance between the saddle and handlebar of size M was too big. The size S fitted better and I prefer the slightly more forward motion that my legs have to make with the setback.

And yes: next step will be another seatpost, but I'll need so get myself some money for that first, because my taste is very expensive ;-)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-05-2015 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    @sylvia
    When I got my badboy the combination of a long (well too long for me) stem and setback seatpost made me feel stretched out and position me too far behind the bottom bracket so I got a shorter stem and an inline seatpost. Seems like you have the opposite problem, if you feel too cramped on the bike would a longer stem be a solution? If you're interested you can have the Cannondale C3 setback seatpost that came off my badboy (you're in NL right or did I make that up?).

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    hi everybody.

I live in Turkey. I have a cannondale bad boy and I want prepairing my bike. And I have all bike parts.
    My project 1.
    flat bar and rigit fork
    xt all group set and elixir cr brake or xo brake
    My project 2
    C handle bar
    xt rear and front derailleur
    sora 9x3 shifter and mechanical disc.
    What would be your choice?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Did this myself. Inline seatpost and 95mm stem. But completely changed from flatbar to dropbar now. I have to make actual pics as my badboy looks quiete different then the last pics I uploaded. If money does not matter too much i would go with a syntace p6 hiflex carbon seatpost. One of the best in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by piemelpiemel View Post
    @sylvia
    When I got my badboy the combination of a long (well too long for me) stem and setback seatpost made me feel stretched out and position me too far behind the bottom bracket so I got a shorter stem and an inline seatpost. Seems like you have the opposite problem, if you feel too cramped on the bike would a longer stem be a solution? If you're interested you can have the Cannondale C3 setback seatpost that came off my badboy (you're in NL right or did I make that up?).
    Yes, I'm in NL. My current stem lenght is fine, I like the way my BB steers with it. Also my back (and SI joint) somehow prefers sitting behind the bottom bracket the way it is now, I have no idea why but in that position it doesn't hurt.

Thanks for your offer about the C3 setback seatpost. But if I take it, it may only be for the period that I don't have the money to buy a carbon seatpost, so maybe it's better if you keep it yourself or sell it for a really good price then. (But if you don't use nor sell it, I'll be very happy to use it. Please send me a PB if you do. Thanks.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    From yesterday evening...
    A stock bb1, mine and a stealth cube...

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_4017.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_4018.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Nice! :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009