Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2139
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    mussman, I have found that i need to adjust it from time to time. I think it is just the way it is. I also don't think much of it as I ride the crap out of my bike and it's just one of those things I have to pay attention to. It's holding up great considering I've now put 2000 miles on my badboy 1 since I bought it in April. I just changed the pedals to some xpedo ones. A lot more grip than the six point ones that came with it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mussman69 View Post
    Aloha ,has anyone else had trouble with the shimano slx rear derailer.mine seems to need constant adjusting.Hope every one has been ripping on there badboys. aloha jay

Hi, I own a badboy 4 2012...mine rear slx sucks as well, expecially on light gears, like the 4 lightest, needs constant adjusting.
    This monday i was in the end of a 10 miles up from a mountain, the last mile...i was pumping on pedals standing up on my feet and it changed gear by itself.
    I almost fell and smashed my left knee on the stem cutting my knee with the 2 screws

I owned a bike with rear Xt before this badboy and Xt was better and more stable then Slx.

Bye

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Well I've pretty much completed my 2013 bad boy comm special.

I've fitted sks p35 chromoplastic fenders, crank bros candy 1s and a TiGr bike lock.

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353717211.272166.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353717226.105380.jpg

The front fender was most tricky - I'll need to get a longer Allen bolt than supplied and the stays needed some bending but I think it's far better than no fender. The rear fender needed a hole drilled near the seat stay bridge.

One question I have is should the rear fender sit out as far as it does?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Scalpel, can you post a zoomed in image of how you connected that front fender to the fork?

Quote Originally Posted by scalpel2007 View Post
    Well I've pretty much completed my 2013 bad boy comm special.

I've fitted sks p35 chromoplastic fenders, crank bros candy 1s and a TiGr bike lock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717211.272166.jpg 
Views:	1899 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	739556

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353717226.105380.jpg 
Views:	1769 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	739557

The front fender was most tricky - I'll need to get a longer Allen bolt than supplied and the stays needed some bending but I think it's far better than no fender. The rear fender needed a hole drilled near the seat stay bridge.

One question I have is should the rear fender sit out as far as it does?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    Scalpel, can you post a zoomed in image of how you connected that front fender to the fork?
    Hey t4 - I used the standard lower brake bolt to secure. I also cut about 13mm from either stay.

I had to bend the stay quite a lot.

Will try to take more pics later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Here's some more pics of fitting sks p35 chromoplastic fenders to a 2013 bb5:

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353883720.238185.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353883748.988748.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353883771.287138.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Aloha gang, Hope the fall riding season is treating everyone well.Hope to see some new pics soon
    Keep youre head up and the hammer down. Late

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So do you think hologram road cranks would fit a bad boy ?
    Sorry for late reply but Hollowgram probably won't fit. Spindles for BB30 cranks are much largerin diameter and won't fit in standard 68mm or 73mm bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    Sorry for late reply but Hollowgram probably won't fit. Spindles for BB30 cranks are much largerin diameter and won't fit in standard 68mm or 73mm bottom bracket.
    I found a way to make it work. It's lots of dollars and I've lost interest.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Been lurking here for awhile. Anybody know if the 2001 BBU can go 700c? I hear this frame is pretty light. I used to have a 2005 F2000SL Optimo...so I know what light is LOL...

My other concern is about using my SRAM X0 9-speed rear derailleur. The 2001 BBU has the cable guide out of the lower chainstay...coming to a loop and designed for use with older Shimano RDs. The X0 RD is designed for seatstay-mounted cable guides(upright cable threading). Will I have any issues here?

Lastly, what is the ideal front gearing running 700c x 23 tires?
    Last edited by Zachariah; 12-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It should even if it uses canti brakes(special bracket) my 1995 f800 fits 700c x 322 semi slick cross tires, but instead of buying the brackets I used 650b x42 conti tour tires with Joes brand canti(old school) also my 2009 bb ultra runs 650b's with Vee brand 2.1 they are a half a millimeter taller then the stock 700c x 28........M

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    Here are some pictures:

this and this

Quote Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
    Thought it might be time to breath life back into this thread.

When I lived in NYC the standard bars were fine (if limited in position) but now that I live in PDX my riding is less stressful and so I can afford to finally do a drop bar conversion. There was a bike I saw once (here?) that had a set of drops with white tape and I loved it so that became my inspiration. I'd planned on modding the stock levers to be like cross brakes but when I stopped by Universal Cycles to look for a stem I found that Hope had released their conversion kit. I always liked Hope brakes and the kit seemed very sano and so I went for it. The stem is too long right now and I haven't wrapped bars in forever so that didn't go well but overall I'm very pleased with the conversion and I like the look.

The cranks came off my mountain bike and I ditched the granny as I never use it. I keep thinking about replacing them with something more road or cross oriented but for now they work fine. I might look into having them powder coated or anodized black.

I had to machine and weld a new bracket for the Hope master cylinder and it doesn't really lock into position but the cables keep it centered. I'll weld a tab or put a pin in it later.

Since the majority of my riding is taking my daughter to daycare in a trailer I really wanted and needed to keep the hydraulic discs for their power. Here's the rear caliper and that silver thing is the hitch to the trailer.

I love the way campy's ergo levers shift and went with a set I found on ebay. The cable from the hoods to the master is short and there's no sponginess - just very solid powerful stopping.

I used a Jtek Shiftmate adapter and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. It converted the Campy 10 speed shifters to work with the Shimano SLX 9 speed rear derailleur perfectly. I'm still surprised at how well it works and how well the bike shifts. Once I get my shorter stem I think the fit will be perfect.

I needed a new saddle so I just kept the white theme going with it and a set of new tires which I think really help to show off the Solo front end. I will probably have to put fenders back on as we're not through with spring here but for now I like to just look at it like this. It's certainly got the bad boy look but it's also different which I like so I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Gregor

WOW. Good work guys.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    May 2012

Smile

Aloha ,That black and white BB with the drop bars is sweet,Love the look !!! Thinking of doing the same on my bike but wasn't sure about the shifter setup and drop bars to use on my stem setup..Glad to see some new pics

Great, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to spend MORE than $2000 on my Bad Boy! Nice bikes, Herr Erhar and Sakurama!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Trade Cannondale BB Med for Large

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Cdale BB Ultra which has been my street only rig. My only complaint other than the zero front tire clearance on the 700 wheels is the frame is a bit smallish for my liking. I'm wondering is anyone out there has a large that they'd like to trade for a medium. My frame is in very good shape and made in the USA. I'm looking for the same in a large size. Ideally I'd look to swap frames only but to save trouble would consider trading bikes straight across. The bike is in Portland Oregon

I'd also be interested in purchasing a Large frame if the trade option doesn't materialize

Cheers

Cif
    mtbr member
    Just registered here after reading a lot on this forum.

This is my 2012 bad boy with plant x carbon wheels.
    Couldn't get used to a CX bike, so I rebuild the Bad Boy and it just flies

Post Your Bad Boy!-uploadfromtaptalk1357503290839.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-uploadfromtaptalk1357503328054.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice bike cif!!

Tell me about the cx wheels ?

I have a 2013 bb5 and really want to lighten it up.

Are cx wheels the way to go? Do they sharpen up the handling ?

Cif
    mtbr member
    Well I never ridden it with 26" MTB wheels, so I have no reference.
    All I know is that I just cruze by people on MTB's
    So don't really know about improvement of handling. I noticed a huge improvement in acceleration though.

Planet X wheels are kind of in between a top brand and Chinese carbon (my opinion), so they are perfect for me

Want to upgrade to carbon handlebars to absorb some of the vibrations.

Nice bike Clif....but tubular? That must suck, when you flat!

Cif
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Nice bike Clif....but tubular? That must suck, when you flat!
    Well it's been a while since I had a flat. Tubulars are a lot stronger and I noticed a big improvement in comfort.

But when you have a flat, you take the tyre of and put a spare on (without glueing) and just ride a bit more carefull

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Aloha Clif, love the wheels ,Did you use the same c-dale hubs on those rims or something else? also tire brand and model..where can get a pair.....aloha jay

mussman69, eBay sells those carbon tubular wheels....not cheap though!

Cif
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mussman69 View Post
    Aloha Clif, love the wheels ,Did you use the same c-dale hubs on those rims or something else? also tire brand and model..where can get a pair.....aloha jay

I bought it as a complete wheelset. Rims are 24h, so the original hubs wouldn't work. Hubs ae branded Planet-X, but I guess it's just a standard hub with their label on it.

I bought them straight of Planet X, costs where something like $800,- (650,-).
    Cheapest Chinese carbon wheels I found with disc hub are 500,-.

Tires are 32mm Schwalb Racing Ralph.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    nice pictures

mtbr member
    Here's some more pics of fitting sks p35 chromoplastic fenders to a 2013 bb5:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353883720.238185.jpg 
Views:	3362 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	739851

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353883748.988748.jpg 
Views:	1812 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	739852

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353883771.287138.jpg 
Views:	1872 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	739853
    I can't see in the pic is there a hole in the fork to mount the fender too? I stopped at my local shop today to look at one. But they didn't have any. I want to order the 5 but I need to put fenders on it.

Never mind the pics that show up in the quote show it.

Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast