Post Your Bad Boy!

Printable View

  • 05-03-2015
    Sylvia
    Looking great!
  • 05-05-2015
    russ74
    Does anyone on here have the 29er I'm thinking it may suit me better but I'm not sure on looks
  • 05-07-2015
    Sergio ribeiro
    Hello everybody,

    I need your help ... I was thinking to change my fork, I have a bad boy 7 with 26 wheels with tires shcwalbe kojak, I am looking for cyclocross carbon fork with disk. I want something that does not change the geometry of the bike.

    Someone made this kind of change?
    Anyone know the measures of Fatty rigid? axle to crown, rake ...
    this one is ok with the big fat 2.0 kojak tires?
    Planet X Pro Carbon XLS Cyclo Cross Fork | Planet X

    Any sugestion

    Thank you guys:)
  • 05-08-2015
    Sylvia
    4 Attachment(s)
    Here’s my 2014 Bad Boy 0 again.

    After adding SKS Bluemels 35mm Matte Back fenders and Knog Blinder 4V rear light, I have now also exchanged the stock saddle for a Brooks Flyer S Special, got myself a pair of Ergon GP1 BioLeder grips and added an AXA Defender frame lock + Newton PI Plug I Cable. (The plug-in cable attached underneath the saddle is a temporary solution. Looking for a decent small saddle bag to put it in.)

    All this is off course no good if you’re a weight weenie, but for safe and comfortable commuting these are some add-ons that I am very happy with.

    Attachment 986911

    Attachment 986912

    Attachment 986913

    Attachment 986914
  • 05-08-2015
    adom
    1 Attachment(s)
    @Sylvia
    as I remember we got our bikes almost at the same time and now, few months later we did very similar changes :)
    - I had these SKS Bluemels 35mm Matte Back fenders but decided to remove them for the summer.
    - The grips - also have Ergon (just different model - Ergon GS 2 Carbon).
    - The saddle - Brooks Flyer Special

    The only "bigger" update I did is Alfine DI2 - as you can see on the picture (or not because I'm the worst photographer in the world) there is a small battery above pedals, electronic display + shifter on the handle bar, and a blue strap + motor on rear hub.

    Attachment 986967

    And if I were you I would leave that cable under the saddle like it is now - it just "fits" there (without bag).
  • 05-08-2015
    Sylvia
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    @Sylvia
    as I remember we got our bikes almost at the same time and now, few months later we did very similar changes :)

    Yes indeed. I was waiting for DHL to bring mine the day I was looking at the first pictures of your BB0 :-)

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    - The grips - also have Ergon (just different model - Ergon GS 2 Carbon).

    I have been doubting for a while about the grips, especially because the leather ones that I have now do not come with a bar-end, but for now I think they are great as well.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    - The saddle - Brooks Flyer Special

    Yes, with the squeeking springs ;-)

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    The only "bigger" update I did is Alfine DI2 - as you can see on the picture (or not because I'm the worst photographer in the world) there is a small battery above pedals, electronic display + shifter on the handle bar, and a blue strap + motor on rear hub.

    I think that's a great update, would love to do it as well! You still like how it works?

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    And if I were you I would leave that cable under the saddle like it is now - it just "fits" there (without bag).

    Maybe, I'm not sure yet but for now it's fine. (Need to lock my bike to itself and to the earth here otherwise it would be stolen within the hour.) However I am considering the Isle of Wight Saddle Bag (size S).

    I noticed that you also took off the panniers and bags BTW. Are you riding with a backpack now as well?
  • 05-08-2015
    adom
    Quote:

    ... looking for a decent small saddle bag to put it in.

    ... However I am considering the Isle of Wight Saddle Bag (size S).
    well, that bag doesn't look small :) (size S may be small)
    Anyway it is a nice looking bag.


    I must say there is a BIG different between "normal" Alfine and DI2 - when you change the gear you barely notice it - it is so smooth, FAST and silent. I would describe it more precisely but my English is not good enough :) so you need to believe me: it's really something.
  • 05-08-2015
    Sylvia
    It sounds like it is very much worth a test ride for me too. I'll look around for a bike dealer who has a test bike geared up with the Di2 hub (though I am also still dreaming of a belt-drive hub.) Maybe one day :-)
  • 05-08-2015
    adom
    Quote:

    It sounds like it is very much worth a test ride for me too. I'll look around for a bike dealer who has a test bike geared up with the Di2 hub
    that's very good idea, you will love it :)

    Quote:

    (though I am also still dreaming of a belt-drive hub.) Maybe one day :-)
    not so long ago I had one crazy idea to replace chain with belt but unfortunately the BB frame (that rear triangle) must be cut to put belt in there - so I gave up on that.
  • 05-08-2015
    Sylvia
    Allright. That's a shame but thanks a lot for letting me know! So then I won't have to wait for my savings to grow that large.
  • 05-09-2015
    J_OpeC
    Howdy! I just bought a 2014 BB1. Slick ride and I can tell Im going to be riding this baby for a long time. But Im not all to keen on the leather handles and sandle. Not too into the rainbow theme, especially since the rest of the bike is in black matte. <head scratch>
    Any 2014 bb1 owners who swapped these out? What did you swap them out with?
    And if you're interested in buying/trading for these, please let me know.
  • 05-09-2015
    Sylvia
    If it's only about the Rainbow theme and you want to keep the same kind of saddle and grips, then take a look at Brooks (UK) products. Otherwise: lots of BB riders use Ergon grips. Choice of saddle is very personal.
  • 05-09-2015
    paintlick
    After bike commuting for 15 years I spent the past two years in a car for three hours a day and it was horrible. Just recently got a better position 3 miles from my house and celebrated with this ebay score. Instantly replaced the cranks and bottom bracket and it feels like it shed 20lbs. 1x10 will be in the near future. Happy to spend my mornings and afternoons back on a bike.


  • 05-10-2015
    J_OpeC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    If it's only about the Rainbow theme and you want to keep the same kind of saddle and grips, then take a look at Brooks (UK) products. Otherwise: lots of BB riders use Ergon grips. Choice of saddle is very personal.

    Thanks for the recommendation on the grips.
    Any recommendation on lights for night riding? The oem light actually does more harm than good ;(
  • 05-10-2015
    Sylvia
    You mean the handlebar light? What's do you think is wrong with it? It will make you visible for sure. But if you want an upgrade you can go as crazy $$$$$$ as you wish. I have a Knog Blinder 4V rear light. It's USB rechargeable, as is the handlebar light, looks good and it works just fine for me.
  • 05-10-2015
    adom
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by J_OpeC View Post
    ...The oem light actually does more harm than good ;(

    You can always turn the handlebar upside down so the light will point down. There are some pictures of that in that thread.

    Edit:
    I just flipped the handlebar and there's almost no different.
  • 05-11-2015
    J_OpeC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adom View Post
    You can always turn the handlebar upside down so the light will point down. There are some pictures of that in that thread.

    Edit:
    I just flipped the handlebar and there's almost no different.

    Genius! Thanks for the tip on that.
    Yea, I found the light actually blinds me a bit in the dark. As for the saddle, has anyone kept the oem leather saddle? If so, how long did it take for it to supple down and get conform to you.
  • 05-11-2015
    Sylvia
    I kept the stock saddle for about 500km. I did not really like it from day 1, but I also hoped that it would supple down. To make that happen a bit faster I also greased the leather on a regular basis. In the end it did supple down a VERY little bit, but never in such a way that I started to feel comfortable (it just hurted and it kept hurting). But then, I'm female and my sit bone spacing is different from men so maye it's just that. That's why I choose for a ladies version of a Brooks saddle, which even now in it's brand new state feels better than the stock saddle. So basically, I did not like the material and form of the stock saddle, but you may want to give it a chance yourself.
  • 05-11-2015
    (807) Recordings
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I kept the stock saddle for about 500km. I did not really like it from day 1, but I also hoped that it would supple down. To make that happen a bit faster I also greased the leather on a regular basis. In the end it did supple down a VERY little bit, but never in such a way that I started to feel comfortable (it just hurted and it kept hurting). But then, I'm female and my sit bone spacing is different from men so maye it's just that. That's why I choose for a ladies version of a Brooks saddle, which even now in it's brand new state feels better than the stock saddle. So basically, I did not like the material and form of the stock saddle, but you may want to give it a chance yourself.

    That is why my wife is now on the Brooks woman model. The rubber one with the cut out in the middle.
  • 05-12-2015
    houzik
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by J_OpeC View Post
    But Im not all to keen on the leather handles and sandle. Not too into the rainbow theme, especially since the rest of the bike is in black matte. <head scratch>
    Any 2014 bb1 owners who swapped these out? What did you swap them out with?

    A 2014 bb should be equipped with more contemporary components than the oldschool leather saddle and grips...
    Cannondale foam grips and a Fizik black stealth saddle with integrated light would be my choice...
  • 05-12-2015
    houzik
    5 Attachment(s)
    By the way...after installing all the carbon stuff...
    Attachment 987868

    ...I am on the road again:p

    Attachment 987864
    Attachment 987865
    Attachment 987866
    Attachment 987867
  • 05-12-2015
    Sylvia
    That's one insane BB. You have done a marvellous job.
  • 05-12-2015
    houzik
    Thank you Sylvia
    Yours is nice too

    A new carbon wheelset will almost complete my project...
    Hope to have news by the end of the month
  • 05-12-2015
    piemelpiemel
    1 Attachment(s)
    New user and bad boy owner here, I've been backpedaling through this thread and there's some great bikes here. I hope I can play with my white one! Fairly stock, mods this far include a 16t sprocket to replace the 18t, tioga spyder knockoff saddle, carbon bottle cage and headset spacers and a deleted chainguard. Currently waiting for some bits, will update when they are on the bike. Cheers!

    Attachment 987894
  • 05-13-2015
    Erhar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    By the way...after installing all the carbon stuff...
    Attachment 987868

    ...I am on the road again:p

    Attachment 987864
    Attachment 987865
    Attachment 987866
    Attachment 987867

    I see that it's getting better and better my friend! After the carbon wheelset installation we're expecting an updated presentation of your very carefully customized bad boy!!
  • 05-16-2015
    (807) Recordings
    Add the MCFK carbons and you can get in about 285g a rim.
    I am cool for a short time with the Crest's as there is not much in the carbon range that is lighter. Stiffer sure.
    I was looking at NOX so I could go a touch wider and a touch stiffer but not sure the costs.

    @houzik What is the weight on that carbon chain ring and how does it hold up?
    So far I have about 1500KM on the new Absolute Black and it seems to be holding up. Lots of sand to eat away at things over here in Dresden.

    Tune Bars are going in next week, and the XX11 setup is gong a bit higher after Thursdays ride when a 32 tooth on the back was a bit too much for the 8% climbs to 350 meters. Or maybe I am just out of shape :D

    Bikes looking nice there :)
  • 05-16-2015
    Sylvia
    Don't laugh, I know it's a n00b-question, but I just don't get it: I am thinking about replacing the Si Urban OPI Stem/Handlebar on my Bad Boy 0 2014 with a riser bar, but for the new stem I would need a clamp diameter of almost 40mm (1,56”?), while stems that I find (just took a look at the pictures in this topic to find some brands that are often used) are 31,8mm.

    Which stems are compatible with my HeadShok Solo DL50? Or do I need to make an adjustment that I didn't know about?
  • 05-16-2015
    SJS.666
    Beside the Cannondale stems there are very few other stems with a diameter of 1.56" and more on the expensive side. The Cannondale stems are ok, the weight is not too much and the prices are fair.

    Only can think of Hope and Reverse if you want something else then the Cannondale stem.
  • 05-16-2015
    Sylvia
    Thanks, found them all. I did not realize that Headshok had such an exotic size.
  • 05-18-2015
    houzik
    @Sylvia
    Latest headshock are 1,5...make sure what is the exact diam. of your headtube before replacing anything....
    IMO opi stem/bars combo is lightweight (440gr with the integrated light) and great looking. If it doesn't fit you change it with the same combo in different lenghths

    @807 Fibrelyte chainring weights 58gr with 40T.
    It holds up fine since its a single ring.
  • 05-18-2015
    (807) Recordings
    @houzik 58 Grams is pretty darn light :)
  • 05-18-2015
    SJS.666
    The OPI handlebar/steam combo for headshock should be 1.56" for sure. Cannondale lists two different versions as spare parts, one for the rigid forks (1.5") and one for the headshock forks (1.56").
  • 05-18-2015
    houzik
    Fatty rigid forks are 1 1/8 and 1,5
    I think latest fatty headshocks are 1,5
    Check the specs at cannondale.com
  • 05-18-2015
    adom
    I also have a noob-question. I'd like to change the rims (I really like the look of triathlon rims) so I made some searching. Unfortunately the price of such rims is high.
    My question: is it ok to change only one rim (rear) and ride on two different rims (makers)?
  • 05-19-2015
    (807) Recordings
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 989530

    Just updated the bars, about 5cm wider on each side, and new Foam grips.

    Tune Carbon cut to 650mm. A bit wider, and around 100-110g with grips.
  • 05-19-2015
    junghuneee
    Wow!! Awesome build!
    what kind of rims are yhey??
  • 05-19-2015
    junghuneee
    What kind of.rims are they??
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stzh89 View Post
    Attachment 984068Attachment 984069Attachment 984070

    BB1 2014
    XT Group Set
    CK R45 Rear + CK Lefty hubs
    700x25 conti GP4000sii
    Super smooth ride!!

  • 05-19-2015
    (807) Recordings
    Who's rims?
    Mine are Stan's Crest 650b.

    about 350 g each.
  • 05-19-2015
    stzh89
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by junghuneee View Post
    What kind of.rims are they??

    BLB Notorious 50!
  • 05-20-2015
    junghuneee
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stzh89 View Post
    BLB Notorious 50!

    carbon rims? nice!
  • 05-20-2015
    junghuneee
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    Who's rims?
    Mine are Stan's Crest 650b.

    about 350 g each.

    thats nice too!
  • 05-20-2015
    junghuneee
    3 Attachment(s)
    Has anyone come across the same issue with your badboy1 as mine?
    Attachment 989811Attachment 989812Attachment 989813

    Hi all,

    My 2012 badboy1 has this little problem that's been bothering me every time I ride my bike.

    AS you can see in the attached pictures, the rubber boot which covers the area between the headtube and the lefty fork comes off when I ride with the lockout off. It's just the bottom part , the upper part never comes off. I looked through the entire rubber boot if there's any cracks or damage, but nothing found.

    your help will be much appreciated

    Thanks
  • 05-20-2015
    (807) Recordings
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by junghuneee View Post
    thats nice too!

    Most carbons are not any lighter and only MCFK I have seen at 295g and offset :)
    Maybe later if I went with a lefty but then I would probably drop the Chris King front hub to try and save some weight for a Tune. Too much money though.
  • 05-20-2015
    Sylvia
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    @Sylvia
    Latest headshock are 1,5...make sure what is the exact diam. of your headtube before replacing anything....
    IMO opi stem/bars combo is lightweight (440gr with the integrated light) and great looking. If it doesn't fit you change it with the same combo in different lenghths

    Thanks for the warning. I double-checked, mine is 1,56".

    I am not happy with the height and and sweep of the OPI stem/bar. The only other OPI stem/bars are wider.

    I have purchased the Reverse S-Trail 70mm Cannondale stem and will complete this with an Easton EC90 SL carbon handlebar, which is on it's way now. The total weight of this combination should be 315gr, so that's fine.

    All I need is, again in this horrible 1,56", a 1cm spacer (or two 5mm, whichever I can get my hands on), because the new stem has 1cm less height than the OPI bar. Can't seem to find any in the EU (deliverable to The Netherlands).

    So advice on this is very welcome as well: looking for 1,56" spacer 1cm height.
  • 05-20-2015
    SJS.666
    Try email a few cannondale dealers, someone should have them I think. You need 2 5mm spacer, 10mm is not existing. Damn that you need 1.56" in 1.5" I have a few left which i would send to you.

    Could only find green spacers in 1.56":
    5mm Spacer 1,56"

    May be you ask them when the black ones are available.
  • 05-20-2015
    Sylvia
    Yeah, found those too and have sent them an e-mail.

    I have also sent an e-mail to the Benelux Repair Centre of Cannondale, which is in The Netherlands. I am 100% sure they have a tray somewhere with a pile of these spacers, just need to find someone there who is willing to send me a couple.

    It's a shame you only have some 1,5", that would have been really nice otherwise. Thanks.
  • 05-20-2015
    SJS.666
    I sent an email to my local cannondale dealer, may be they have some spacers in stock...
  • 05-20-2015
    J_OpeC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    A 2014 bb should be equipped with more contemporary components than the oldschool leather saddle and grips...
    Cannondale foam grips and a Fizik black stealth saddle with integrated light would be my choice...

    Agreed. the rainbow saddle with leather handles don't go well with the overall look. Besides that, the bike rides GREAT!
  • 05-21-2015
    Sylvia
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by junghuneee View Post
    Attachment 989811Attachment 989812Attachment 989813

    Hi all,

    My 2012 badboy1 has this little problem that's been bothering me every time I ride my bike.

    AS you can see in the attached pictures, the rubber boot which covers the area between the headtube and the lefty fork comes off when I ride with the lockout off. It's just the bottom part , the upper part never comes off. I looked through the entire rubber boot if there's any cracks or damage, but nothing found.

    your help will be much appreciated

    Thanks


    Both the upper and lower part of the rubber boot should have a spring ring. I can see the upper one on yours, but the bottom spring is missing or has disappeared underneath the rubber. My guess is that's why the rubber boot comes off at the bottom.

    Here's a pic of my headshok, so you can see how it's supposed to look (I have NO idea why my pic is turned 90 degrees and I can't fix it. Right side is the lower part):
  • 05-21-2015
    BrooklynOriginal
    Steppin' in with da Bad Boys!
    Two weeks ago I purchased a 2013 BB1 brand new for the unheard of price of $1180! I had been looking for one for about 6 months and I caught this one from someone who purchased it new in 2014 and it was too big for him, so I got it. I've put about 30 miles on it and love it. I changed the grips to a pair of Ergon 5, as I've seen many people on here go with the Ergons so I figured they were winners. I haven't done much to it yet but the next thing will be the tires. Going for something a little less slick, a little more aggressive. Hope to see you NY BBs on the road!