Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2606
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Very nice ! With this configuration, we must put a long cage or a short cage in the rear derailleur please ?
    It is the original X7 that came with the triple ring so it must be long. Don't think you need a long and likely with the gears I have on could even go small. However if you go a bit larger in gear range you will need something like a long cage. I likely will go for a XX11 in the future as I am working pretty hard up anything over 8% incline. Could be it is the start of the season or that I really will want a 42 instead of a 32 cassette. On the downhill I was starting to spin out but this was already pushing 50KMh so not sure if a 10 tooth is vital.

On a quick side note the chainring feels really stiff and I could not notice any flex. I hesitate to say it is stiffer than the original SRAM rings as but it might well be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If you go with only one chainring on the crank you can stay with the short cage. Itīs no problem. The higher capacity of the longer cage is only necessary if the complete difference in teeth is bigger than the max. capacity of the derailleur (35t for a short xtr for example). If you have only one chainring installed, the derailleur has only to compensate the range of the cassette itself instead of compensating the different amount of teeth of 2 or more chainrings.

Iīm running a 11-36 cassette with a 36t hope chainring. Derailleur is a 10 speed xtr with short cage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    A question by myself. Anyone here who tried the TRP hylex disc brakes? I think of getting a thomson roadbar on my Badboy, so I have to change the brakesystem too, cause the Magura brake levers wonīt fit on the roadbar. And the hylex seems to be the only hydraulic system for singlespeed use. Shimano and Sram only offer shifting versions of their hydraulic brakelevers.

Post Your Bad Boy!-trp-hylex-3-.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-trp-hylex-4-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-trp-hylex-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS.666 View Post
    A question by myself. Anyone here who tried the TRP hylex disc brakes? I think of getting a thomson roadbar on my Badboy, so I have to change the brakesystem too, cause the Magura brake levers wonīt fit on the roadbar. And the hylex seems to be the only hydraulic system for singlespeed use. Shimano and Sram only offer shifting versions of their hydraulic brakelevers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRP Hylex (4).jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	968649
    The Enve fork looks pretty nice. I wish they did it in a through-axle. Did it change the geo very much from the basic BB fork?

Get a Tune Stem much sexier and lighter

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    LOL!
    Just example pics for the brake system, not MY badboy...
    I would never change my rigid lefty fork!

Seems to be impossible to get the TRP hylex brakes here. Earliest delivery time would be end of may!!! Thatīs ridicilous. Now Iīm thinking of getting the TRP spyre instead, combined with a nice set of SRAM S900 levers may be...

If anyone has an idea where to get the hylex fast and for a reasonable price, let me know...

The dropbar will be a Thomson cyclocross carbon bar...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    LOL!
    Just example pics for the brake system, not MY badboy...
    I would never change my rigid lefty fork!

Seems to be impossible to get the TRP hylex brakes here. Earliest delivery time would be end of may!!! Thatīs ridicilous. Now Iīm thinking of getting the TRP spyre instead, combined with a nice set of SRAM S900 levers may be...

If anyone has an idea where to get the hylex fast and for a reasonable price, let me know...

The dropbar will be a Thomson cyclocross carbon bar...
    What i do not understand is all this drop bar business on a BB. The bike does not really have the correct GEO for X cross frames. I know it is close and a few others are doing the drops but why not just get a X frame instead? I am not saying I am right just more a curious question.

In regards to brakes I hope the road industry catches up with some levers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I donīt want to use the bicycle for Cross, therefore I have a Ridley Crossbow and an old new buildt Corratec Trialbow. I will definitly use the Badboy for urban. I just like the various grip positions the dropbar offers instead of the flatbar.

I found one shop in the netherlands who will get a complete set of the hylex brakes next week, so I hope I can swap the whole before the weather is getting better.

Hard to get the TRP things here in germany because no shop has them in stock and the delivery times from MCP are horrible.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I donīt want to use the bicycle for Cross, therefore I have a Ridley Crossbow and an old new buildt Corratec Trialbow. I will definitly use the Badboy for urban. I just like the various grip positions the dropbar offers instead of the flatbar.

I found one shop in the netherlands who will get a complete set of the hylex brakes next week, so I hope I can swap the whole before the weather is getting better.

Hard to get the TRP things here in germany because no shop has them in stock and the delivery times from MCP are horrible.

Problem with Germany I find is most shops do not actually contain much inventory. Very different mentality to North America and customers are more accustomed to waiting for something. I think that is why logistics is so big here.

I deal with Bike24 for most my stuff as they have been totally great but I am not sure about these brakes as I never seen them on the site. The brakes look nice though and one of the first I have seen that actually look like a good solution with out MTB levers.

~ B A D A S S ~

Name:	TRP Hylex (3).jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	968650

Name:	TRP Hylex (4).jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	968649
    What bike is the yellow/gray one??
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

mtbr member
    Hello from Spain !
    New here and happy to join... Very few BB in Spain and almost none to talk to a to share with ! Hope I can learn more here with you guys....

mtbr member

Post Your Bad Boy!

Here are some pics of my Black Mamba

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546575.163330.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546598.029136.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546617.229386.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546639.603887.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546657.268407.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1425546672.874474.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

~ B A D A S S ~
    I like the oldskool bars. Looks like a pashley guvnor now. (which I'm getting)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Looks really cool even if I donīt like the brooks saddles. Donīt know why, tried a b17 and a c17 cambium. Both is not fitting my butt and both is a pain in the ass for me. But they definitely look cool.

I received my new Thomson roadbar today. Really great and an absolutely lightweight. Got information today that the Hylex brakes should arrive next thursday from the US. So it should be possible to finish all within the next two weeks...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    SJS.666
    Just in time for spring as weather is suppose to spike up next week in DE

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Cannondale Bad Boy 9

Here is my 1st Cannondale Bad Boy 9. I swapped the 700 X 28C slick tires for 700 X 32. The 28's were fast but not practical for city riding. While changing the tires, I noticed the bike was manufactured in Taiwan.
    I honestly thought I was purchasing a bike made in USA. Although a little disappointing, the bike is a pleasure to ride, and I always receive compliments on the Matte black paint. Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bad-boy9.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bad-boy9-.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    ...and some more detailed pics during installation
    What shifter are you using to make it work with the ultegra for a flat bar?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    @ stzh89
    shimano slr780

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Awesome bikes all around guys!

Seems like a good amount of you did a 1x9 conversion. I have a 2014 BB5 that I picked up last year. Being in Chicago, I have literally zero use for the 2 inside chain rings. Any advice for doing the conversion to the 1x9? Any of you guys use a chain guide?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Should not be necessary. Iīve done this to several bicycles and it works without chainguide. Important ist that you swap the chainring to the middle position of the crank (if itīs fitting to the chainstray). This way the chainline doesnīt get too extreme. And you should shorten the chain as much as possible for a highest possible chain tension.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I think also run a Narrow Wide chain ring if you can as I been taking mine through the woods and it has not lost a step. This is even with out a clutched derailleur.

mtbr member
    Trails were still a bit soggy today...

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by mrderekperea View Post
    Here is my 1st Cannondale Bad Boy 9. I swapped the 700 X 28C slick tires for 700 X 32. The 28's were fast but not practical for city riding. While changing the tires, I noticed the bike was manufactured in Taiwan.
    I honestly thought I was purchasing a bike made in USA. Although a little disappointing, the bike is a pleasure to ride, and I always receive compliments on the Matte black paint. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cannondale Bad Boy9.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	970341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cannondale Bad Boy9-.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	970342
    hehe pretty much all bikes are made in taiwan/china. I think Giant and Merida makes like 90% of it.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    The last year they were made in the US was 2010.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Hello, folks!

I'm new to the thread, though I've read almost all of it in the last few days.

I've ridden single speed for some time, but picked up my BB1 last Friday. It's stock other than some lampage and electronics, but my first requirement is fenders. I just road each day to work, despite the snow, this winter (Boston) and suffered skunk tail on a daily basis! Now that the snow's mostly over (haha) I want to make sure I'm outfitted for the year's "other" inclement weather.

I noted that several folks have added front fenders to the lefty. Please help me with a list of what I should be locating on Amazon. It looks like some of the fronts used aren't available, or the model numbers have changed since the equipment was posted. I'm not averse to cutting and fitting, but realize that fenders aren't too easy on some bikes (my venerable KHS being one of them) and lefty is a bit of a challenge by its nature.

Thanks much in advance!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XxDrAg0nxX View Post
    What wheels are those?
    Sorry if I never answered you but they are custom built:
    Chris King ISO hubs
    Stans No Tube Crest Rims
    DT Swiss Brass Nipples
    Double butted, or was it triple butted spokes. Can't recall if I went CX Ray this time but likely was DT also. All black of course.

Tires Thunder Burt 2.1 tubeless (of course)

Bike is 9.6kg with Lupine Betty and battery

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Just picked up this bike at a local second hand shop since I'm not really at a point to grab one all set up. As you can see from the pics it didn't come with much.Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc00193.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-dsc00192.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-dsc00191.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-dsc00190.jpg
    I was wondering on some inexpensive parts to start we off would be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Searching for a fork

Hi all!

I'd like to buy the HeadShok Solo DL50 which is the one on Bad Boy 1 . I know in Europe is impossible to order it but in the States it's available. Anybody has an idea where can I find it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5430_resize.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lefty solo

Hi ,
    I saw you mentioned about the lefty fork. Do you mean the solo which is on the bad boy 1 ? If yes could you please let me know of a LBS or a site to order it because it's impossible to find it in Europe!
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Any authorized dealer can order the fork for you...
    But the cost is like a new rigid bad boy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    You could ask here, best site for cannondale spare parts:
    Cannondale Spares | UK-based Cannondale Experts

The headshock solo is not listed, but they can order almost everything cannondale has in stock. But you wouldnīt pay the price it will cost. The old rigid solo costs about 250 GBP, so I donīt want to know whatīs the price for the headshock solo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the replies. I have just sent them an email so will see.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Fenders?

At least last year, Cannondale offered a version, The Cannondale Bad Boy Commuter, with color matching fenders. Does anyone know if it is possible buy those fenders separately? If not, what are the best fenders and rack to pair with it? (From a looks perspective ).

Updated: based on reading all 90 pages of this thread. It seems like the
    SKS AMG549 Bluemel Mudguard - Black, 700 C in Matt(e) black is the best match, though they are only available in the UK, not the US. I tried calling all my LBS but it seems like you can't special order the BB Commuter fenders. One shop complained they had mounting issues though. But he liked that they were aluminum. It sounds like these fenders might be another good option if you like the hammered metal look: https://handsomecycles.com/product/mud-butler-fenders-1
    Last edited by mattgoyer; 04-04-2015 at 08:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I just got a 2012 bb1 with xtr shifters and xtr rear derailleur for 400 dollars from craigslist. just a coupla cosmetic blemishes and a cosmetic dent on the top tube. I think i'd even prefer the dent at this price
    i could post a pic, but its basically stock.

also, what yall know about the strength of this solo? am i gonna break it?

-ian
    Last edited by ianues; 04-02-2015 at 05:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I can't answer you but I'm in search of a bad boy lefty solo fork (the one with a suspension). Do you know some LBS or a site I could order it from? An LBS in NY told me it's no more on sale by cannondale...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I contacted a reseller in NY but they told me its not available from cannondale anymore..Do you know somebody in particular? I would appreciate some help on this.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

My Bad Boy

Hi All,

Here is my 2014 BB1... Love it! My daily commuter and works really well. Coupla mods so far:

1. Brooks black saddle
    2. Easton EC90 with offset, now fits a little better
    3. Cannondale "Ergon" style handgrips & bars ends - great stuff
    4. Specialized Vegas rear taillight (refugee from my parts bin)
    5. XT Rear derailleur

Overall works great, but the shifting is a little slow and imprecise... may need to do something about that.

More mods to follow soon!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hello All,
    Can someone please provide a review of 2015 BB1 with the Alfine 8 gear internal hub. What do you think of a concept? I can maybe find 4 short reviews via Google, but nothing complete and detailed.
    I am kind of sceptical and don't know if I should wait for a used BB1 on Craigslist or pull the trigger on the new 2015 BB.
    Thanks R

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Robvlv View Post
    Hello All,
    Can someone please provide a review of 2015 BB1 with the Alfine 8 gear internal hub. What do you think of a concept? I can maybe find 4 short reviews via Google, but nothing complete and detailed.
    I am kind of sceptical and don't know if I should wait for a used BB1 on Craigslist or pull the trigger on the new 2015 BB.
    Thanks R
    I test rode the BB1 2015 and i own a BB1 2014, personally i feel that the BB with Shimano Alfine is heavy compared to other non internal hub groupset. In the future, if you want to modify your BB, you must take into consideration that to change the groupset, you have to get a new rear wheel.

In my opinion, it is better to get a used BB and with the remaining cash you saved, go do some minor upgrade.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone know the what the weight of the 2014 BB4 wheelset is (without discs and cassette?). I'm assuming bang-for-buck, it is the best upgrade to make to save weight? I already shed 1.5lbs switching just the tires. Would like to swap out the drive train but seems like I need to go to XT to start shaving weight there. Going to replace the cockpit with a lighter stem and carbon bar...

Also, why does the seatpost collar have two screws in it? Seems over built.

Will post a pic once I'm a little further along in my modifications .

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Do you know if I can fit 622x33C tires on a bad boy? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Would be interesting which model is meant because the clearance varies from model to model. Especially the clearance for the front tire.

For example on my BB8 (my 2012) it would fit without problems. But the clearance on the older rigid lefty forks is not so big as on the newer ones, so possibly it wouldnīt fit then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm intrested for this model . Thanks
    Cannondale Bad Boy R SLX 2011 Hybrid Bike | Evans Cycles

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi guys I'm looking to buy a bad boy in the next week or so but was looking for a little advice first, sorry if this isn't the right place but I didn't want to start a new thread. First up I will be riding a mixture of trails tracks roads etc I won't be doing any heavy off roading, any advice on which model to go for? Obviously the bb4 is cheaper is buying the bb3 worth the extra money, or would I be better looking at the bb2 with the advantage of the HeadShok fork? I'm in the UK so unfortunately it looks like the bb1 isn't an option. Also what tyres would be the best option for the kind of use I need, a good all rounder? And if anyone can offer any further advice that would be great thanks.

Also I'd just like to say, there are some awesome bikes in this thread 8)

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Bad Boy 1 2014

Post Your Bad Boy!-bb1-front.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-bb1-side.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-bb1-front-wheel.jpg

BB1 2014
    XT Group Set
    CK R45 Rear + CK Lefty hubs
    700x25 conti GP4000sii
    Super smooth ride!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stzh89 View Post

Name:	BB1 front.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	984068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB1 side.jpg 
Views:	3266 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	984069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB1 front wheel.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	984070

BB1 2014
    XT Group Set
    CK R45 Rear + CK Lefty hubs
    700x25 conti GP4000sii
    Super smooth ride!!

Muy bonita. Very beautiful !!!

Enviado mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice and heavy modded!!!
    Infos about the rims and closer pics ASAP

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    My frame had some colour fade and dents so decided to custom paint it...
    New colour is pure black matte (not satin like the original).
    I kept the basic graphics and add some more, always with respect to the stealth concept...
    Opi stem-bars combo were replaced by a 58cm Schmolke bar (with custom matte clear coat) and a 8,5cm 3T stealth stem.
    A carbon rigid fork replaced the headshok...

'njoy

Post Your Bad Boy!-180.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-193.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-165.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-167.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-171.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-172.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-191.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-192.jpg

hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-173.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    My frame had some colour fade and dents so decided to custom paint it...
    New colour is pure black matte (not satin like the original).
    I kept the basic graphics and add some more, always with respect to the stealth concept...
    Opi stem-bars combo were replaced by a 58cm Schmolke bar (with custom matte clear coat) and a 8,5cm 3T stealth stem.
    A carbon rigid fork replaced the headshok...

'njoy

Name:	180.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	985105

Name:	193.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	985108