Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1990
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ergon grips are my next upgrade on my BB. I want to get them in pure black but seems like they do not make them. Good looking bike there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks Jake, I am a little unhappy about the color of them as they do not match the bike but they feel great. I am even thinking of returning them and getting the white colored grips but am not sure if I will like that or not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    Thanks Jake, I am a little unhappy about the color of them as they do not match the bike but they feel great. I am even thinking of returning them and getting the white colored grips but am not sure if I will like that or not.
    I also feel you on that and also don't like the fact all the new ones have the horn covering the bar. Bad for bar ends when using carbon bars.

At least you did not go for the white or green ones.

The more I have modded my Bad Boy the more I realize the more black you can keep him the better. I seen a few ppl here change parts for bling parts and colours but IMHO its just not a bad boy anymore and sort of misses the point. May as well get a Cannondale Trail then, or similar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotund View Post
    Schwalbe CX Comp 700c Tyre | Semi Slick Cross Tyres | Leisure Lakes Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes | Specialized | Cube

they're 35mm

they're not great. I wanted something a bit more aggressive than kojaks, but I'm considering something a bit slicker sgain now.
    The rear wheel must be pretty close to touching the frame if you are using 35mm tyres since Cannondale told that maxium tyre size is 32mm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by empre View Post
    The rear wheel must be pretty close to touching the frame if you are using 35mm tyres since Cannondale told that maxium tyre size is 32mm.
    My ravens are 35mm and they are pretty darn close. I bet with the correct tread I could hit 38 or 40mm. You really have to take it on a tire by tire basis. But the Stan's Ravens rules tubeless. At least so far.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What is the actual width of your 35mm tyres?

I think it would be best if someone measured the distance between the frame so we know how much the actual width of the ryre can be. Those numbers like 32C don't really tell anthing since when measured it can be 27mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Took the bike on some trails today with the 26" wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-photo-2-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by empre View Post
    What is the actual width of your 35mm tyres?

I think it would be best if someone measured the distance between the frame so we know how much the actual width of the ryre can be. Those numbers like 32C don't really tell anthing since when measured it can be 27mm.
    When I am down at the bike store next I will get the callipers out and find out exactly how wide they are.
    With the Crest Rims tires also tend to sit a bit wider as I believe they are 24mm also.

Baby finger and frame is the best space I have though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    We measured the 35mm on the Stan's Crest 29 rims today with callipers and the fattest seemed to be about 35.9mm.
    Figure there was about 4-5mm between the tire and frame. Seat stays and side had lots of space though. So in theory you could have a wider tire as long as it is not higher, though I doubt that exists.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey all, going in tonite after work to grab a 2012 bb5 with the rigid lefty. Gonna do mostly road and some light off roading (dirt& gravel), what tire and size would you guys recommend. Im 250lb and do not feel comfortable on the skinny road tires. Also at 6'2" 32 in seam should i go with the large or xl ? I know most of these are subjective questions but i value anyones input or opinion being a noob...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    @GTForce
    I'm 5'11" long torso and I'm riding a large comfortably. I would recommend an XL for someone 6'2".

As far as skinny tires are concerned, I find that it's mostly in my head. I used to think I needed big fat MTB tires to feel stable and comfortable but since I started road biking, I've found out it doesn't make that much of a difference. If you're in a turn too fast or taking a wrong line, it doesn't matter how fat the tires are ... you will fall. So work on your turns, leans, and learn to choose good lines and you'll be golden.

Congrats on BB!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @GTForce1

Hi, I'm 6,3 for 170lb and i feel perfect on a XL.
    I use my BB as a road/city bike, but never as a commuter, i use it for training.
    I changed tires and i put some Schalbe Ultremo DD 700x25 because standard Kojaks were rally scary and unstable al high speed (over 30mph).
    Now the handling is really better, is like a knife on the asphalt...i don't think it was about the tire size, but a question of quality.
    Btw I never tried a BB with offoad tires.
    I also changed pedals, standard were goodlooking, but not grippy enough.
    Bye.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    @t4prarie

Nice shot. Makes me think of zombies in the woods and the BB is my escapemobile. Very stealth but you should consider putting a black Sharpie to the Kenda logo.

mtbr member

last sunday !

love my BB, commute, road, tour
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-080.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-078.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-077.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm about to get a bb1.$1700 here in Australia.

What fenders suit the bad boy best?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Alright It's not a bad boy, but I saw this at the LBS tonight. Cannondale has made a kid's bike with a solo fork, gears, and disc brakes. It's like a badboy for kids. I wish I would've had such a cool bike when I was a kid.

Street - BOYS BICYCLES - Kids - Bikes - 2013

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    Here are pictures of my new 2012 bad boy 1...

Fully Stock for the time being but it is a beast!

The bb1 does look awesome.

I'm trying to decide between bb1 and bb5

There's $700 difference between them and I really don't want a suspension fork.

Can I lighten up the bb5 much? Where is the weight mainly?

What are the best rear derailleurs people are upgrading to?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    @scalpel2007

I've got X9 RD on mine. In my opinion, it's hard to beat 1:1 actuation of SRAM. Besides they're headquartered in ChiTown.

p.s. I loved the old C-Dale Scalpel. I had one years ago.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    @scalpel2007

I've got X9 RD on mine. In my opinion, it's hard to beat 1:1 actuation of SRAM. Besides they're headquartered in ChiTown.

p.s. I loved the old C-Dale Scalpel. I had one years ago.
    Thankyou!!

So do you think the bb1 is worth the extra $700?

(I'm in Australia)

Yes the scalpels are awesome - I have an 06 team and a 12 scalpel1 29er

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Right; I thought the BB on Lake Michigan was yours but realized you'd quoted t4prarie. I bought my BB as a used frame and added a black Niner carbon fork, X9 shifters and derailleurs, Juicy 7 brakes, and SRAM crankset.

Frame $200 on eBay
    Fork $300 on sale from JensonUSA
    Drivetrain $250 from Pinkbike (new take offs)
    Crankset/bb $150 on sale from JensonUSA
    Brakes $125 from Pinkbike (used)
    Wheels and the rest of the bits I had leftover from other MTB projects.

I don't know the different configs of BB, but personally I wouldn't pay a $700 premium on top of whatever the BB5 costs. I like the rigid fork and a good set of Serfas slicks make my BB the ultimate urban assault bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    So do you think hologram road cranks would fit a bad boy ?

mtbr member
    Regarding max tire size that some people have asked. On my 2012 BB5 I swapped out the Kojak 700 x 28 tires for Michilin City 700 x 35 tires. I think I could go 38. The front tire is no problem and I could probably use a 29er mtn tire but it's the back that limits your tire choices.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    Right; I thought the BB on Lake Michigan was yours but realized you'd quoted t4prarie. I bought my BB as a used frame and added a black Niner carbon fork, X9 shifters and derailleurs, Juicy 7 brakes, and SRAM crankset.

Frame $200 on eBay
    Fork $300 on sale from JensonUSA
    Drivetrain $250 from Pinkbike (new take offs)
    Crankset/bb $150 on sale from JensonUSA
    Brakes $125 from Pinkbike (used)
    Wheels and the rest of the bits I had leftover from other MTB projects.

I don't know the different configs of BB, but personally I wouldn't pay a $700 premium on top of whatever the BB5 costs. I like the rigid fork and a good set of Serfas slicks make my BB the ultimate urban assault bike.

Can the badboy 5 frame be made to accept bb30 bottom bracket?

What type of bottom bracket does the badboy have?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I used entry level (read cheap) Truvativ Powerspline bottom bracket ($16 USD from Tree fort Bikes) with SRAM S600 crankset ($60 USD from Amazon). They work great and the crank arms' utilitarian black fits in well with the Bad Boy. I haven't had any issues with them whatsoever. I use my Bad Boy mostly on paved trails and city streets with occasional gravel paths. Along with X7/X9 drive train, I've never had a miss shift or any other issues. This combo on the Bad Boy shiftfs just as well as my Kona equipped with XTR everything. Of course they are heavier than the XTR drivetrain.

I used to have XT crankset on the Bad Boy but removed to put on my Rocky Mountain. Honestly, from a shifting and stiffness/flexing stand point I can't tell the difference between the XT and the S600.

mtbr member
    May 2012

shimano slx derailer

Aloha ,has anyone else had trouble with the shimano slx rear derailer.mine seems to need constant adjusting.Hope every one has been ripping on there badboys. aloha jay

Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast