Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 2611
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stzh89 View Post
    how many post is required to post a picture of my BB?
    You can show your picture with your 1st post ( go advanced -> insert image -> from computer -> ... )

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have a question. To convert my bb1 headshok to a lefty pbr fork. Do i have to change a new headtube? I

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    And here is a picture showing new BB0 and my old commuter Dahon Vector ( latter one looks like a circus bike )Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc_0014.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Any idea why there are two different Bad Boy frames for 2015? Urban and 29er..

http://media.cannondale.com/media/ca...1409192186.jpg

http://media.cannondale.com/media/ca...1409191953.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by adom View Post
    And here is a picture showing new BB0 and my old commuter Dahon Vector ( latter one looks like a circus bike )
    That will be a whole new cycling experience with your BB0. No more need for a folding bike? (I could not think of any other reason to buy a bike like this Dahon, except for the great looks off course ;-) I used to own a Bromton bike, they are nice as well.)

Today I have removed the stickers and reflectors from my Bad Boy 0 and fixed the incorrectly mounted brake disk. Also I have ordered a set of nice matte black fenders, tiny bike bell (really need one as I go a lot faster than most cyclists) and USB rechargeable LED backlight. Will post new pics when everything is on my bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by factory View Post

I wonder if Cannondale made a mistake with the 2015 BB 29er presentation. The 2015 BB 29er has now been removed from the list on the Dutch and German Cannondale websites (it was on it before, I saw it myself). It's also not on the US site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ... No more need for a folding bike? (I could not think of any other reason to buy a bike like this Dahon, except for the great looks off course ;-) ...
    Frankly speaking I've had that Dahon for 2 years and folded it few times for "presentation" purposes only and once for a train trip - so you are right about buying it mostly for its look (but I'll keep it since it's faster than BB0)

And about the "squeaking" sound from the front hub - it's getting weaker - I hope it'll go away forever.

Wasn't a bike bell delivered with your BB? - mine was.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hope so too, that your squeaking stays away. I am curious what my front wheel will do, now that I have re-adjusted the brake on the front wheel. It no longer touches the disk, but I'll need to do a longer test ride first to check if all sounds are gone.

No bell came with the bike. I got the BB0 delivered with disassembled front wheel, saddle, seatpost, handlebar and pedals. The pedals came in a pouch together with a bunch of manuals. But the box was taped with DHL tape all over the bottom so I am sure it got ripped open during transport. Maybe the bell got lost there. I don't mind, ordered one for 2 euroos together with the fenders. Als long as it is tiny, black and makes a sound it's fine by me

mtbr member

Looks quite clear from the photos. One frame is a suspension corrected design and accepts bigger tyres (29er, can be upgraded for mountain biking) and the other one is not.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_syd View Post
    Looks quite clear from the photos. One frame is a suspension corrected design and accepts bigger tyres (29er, can be upgraded for mountain biking) and the other one is not.
    Pretty obvious now that you mention it. Not quite sure what you mean by suspension corrected though? Is the head tube different as well? Would it not be possible to put suspension on any bad boy rigid?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Re: Post Your Bad Boy!

Hi,

This is my 2014 Bad Boy 2:

I made few changes

If anyone is interested in the original saddle and grips, please contact me.

Thanks

Enviado mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Pretty obvious now that you mention it. Not quite sure what you mean by suspension corrected though? Is the head tube different as well? Would it not be possible to put suspension on any bad boy rigid?
    Suspension corrected means the whole frame is designed to work with a longer fork.
    You could technically install a suspension fork on the other frame (like on almost any other) but it would raise the cockpit and increase the head angle, therefore make the steering a little sluggish.
    In this instance, the head tube seems even more different since one looks like a plain 1-1/8" and the 29er's one looks like a headshok designed probably for a lefty fork in 29".
    These are two very different bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi there,
    that's my fresh BB0.
    Got it from Germany (same as Sylvia above) 5 days ago.
    Unfortunately the front wheel makes a "squeaking" noise and not sure what to do about it.

Attachment 920195
    Mine does the same thing, bike shop just takes wheel off and puts it back on with nothing wrong with it. I think its the disk brake rubbing a little. My back tire does it a little also. But then it goes away and then comes back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hey guys, need some help here. I'm planning to buy a bad boy 9 for daily commute and I came across one on craigslist 2012 Cannondale Badboy 9 Size Large Like New Condition!!
    selling for $575, its a 2012 model. Am I better off to buy a new 2015 BB4 for $300 more or is it pretty much the same as the 2012 model? What price would you guys offer for this particular one?

thanks!
    Gary

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab_vr6 View Post
    Hey guys, need some help here. I'm planning to buy a bad boy 9 for daily commute and I came across one on craigslist 2012 Cannondale Badboy 9 Size Large Like New Condition!!
    selling for $575, its a 2012 model. Am I better off to buy a new 2015 BB4 for $300 more or is it pretty much the same as the 2012 model? What price would you guys offer for this particular one?

thanks!
    Gary

there are great deals out there on 2014 bikes......just look around.....be patient.

Cannondale Bad Boy 9 - Gotham and Toga! New York's Oldest and Largest Bike Store

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AR424 View Post
    there are great deals out there on 2014 bikes......just look around.....be patient.

Cannondale Bad Boy 9 - Gotham and Toga! New York's Oldest and Largest Bike Store
    Thats a great price, too bad this retailer doesnt ship. Any other store out there able to ship?

Gary

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello, you need to remove the front wheel and put grease on the shaft and bearings, I tube the same problem and it was solved, also grease the cap and bolt

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello, you need to remove the front wheel and put grease on the shaft and bearings, I tube the same problem and it was solved, also grease the cap and bolt

Hi there,
    that's my fresh BB0.
    Got it from Germany (same as Sylvia above) 5 days ago.
    Unfortunately the front wheel makes a "squeaking" noise and not sure what to do about it.

Attachment 920195

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I had the same issue in a recently bought 2014 bb1 (us). They put grease into the front wheel dust cover and it fixed the issue.

Cannon-dale
    Apr 2014
    Here's my BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Looking great!!!
    How's the handling with -20 stem? and what's your height?

Cannon-dale
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by houzik View Post
    Looking great!!!
    How's the handling with -20 stem? and what's your height?

Ues se mate all good, I'm 5.5 riding a small frame
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Here's my 2014 Bad Boy 0 Small, again.

Wheel- and pedalreflectors + a bunch of warning-stickers have been removed.

I flipped the front wheel brake disk, it was mounted incorrectly at the factory/dealer.

I have added fenders. (SKS Bluemels 35mm Matt Black, adjusted by myself to fit the HeadShok Solo DL50. Thanks to sakurama for inspirational pictures elswhere in this topic.)

An USB-recharcheable LED rear light (Knog Blinder 4V) and bike bell (which does not look very slick, but I need it) are mounted as well.

Before:

Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bad-boy-0-2014.jpg

After:

Post Your Bad Boy!-2014-bad-boy-0-fenders.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-2014-bad-boy-0-rear-light.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-2014-bad-boy-0-fender-front.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-2014-bad-boy-0-bell.jpg
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-15-2014 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks guys for the info what to do about that noise from front hub/wheel.
    My bike is already in the local service store so they will take care about that squeaking sound anyway.
    Also I asked them to replace front chainwheel with Shimano Alphine FC-S500 45T and rear one with 20T.

@Sylvia
    Those SKS fenders on your BB0 look great - already ordered one set

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

We the people ...

My bike is already in the local service store so they will take care about that squeaking sound anyway.
    Can you let me know afterwards what your LBS has done about the squeeking? My BB0 still sounds as if I am riding with a nest of young birds on my shoulder.

@Sylvia
    Those SKS fenders on your BB0 look great - already ordered one set
    Thanks. Good that you've managed to find them. In the same week that I discovered these matte fenders, they suddenly disappeared from the SKS site and were nowhere to be found online in The Netherlands in the correct size, so I think they are discontinued. Got mine from a Belgian webshop. (The internet has been my saviour since I moved from an urban to a remote area with no decent (bike) shops around.) Enjoy yours. Looking forward to seeing your pictures .

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Some updates:

shimano alphine crankset FC-S500 45T is already in place but unfortunately all new models have shorter axle connecting crank arms (sorry for lame explanation but I do not know technical word for that in English) so the only way to make it work was to take that part from older model which was only available in silver - that is why you can see silver crank arms on my BB0.

Rear chainring is 20T now, front is 45T and all I can say there is a big speed improvement.

Fenders have not arrived yet.

Now back to squeaking sound: when I asked the guys if they had done anything about it, they said there was no such need because there was no sound at all. And yes the sound is gone but there is no miracles - I forgot that I had put some thin "rubber pipe" on the front axle before I gave that bike to the service - looks like that helps.

Sorry for bad quality of pictures:
    Post Your Bad Boy!-alp1.jpgPost Your Bad Boy!-alph2.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Finally found the time (and money) to do some more updates to my Bad Boy SS:

Post Your Bad Boy!-20140922_173654.jpg

Thomson Elite X4 stem with Thomson X-Country carbon bar to complete the bicycle. Should be nearly finished now...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Post Your Bad Boy!-20140930_155435.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20140930_155540.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20140930_155552.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20140930_155651.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    your bike is sooo hot!!!
    stem length and rise?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Stem length is 95mm with 0° rise...

Maybe a better pic here:

Post Your Bad Boy!-20140922_173808.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I see a missing cap from cityscapes...
    upgrade to cn foam grips...much better and lighter

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    No missing cap, just the reflection on the pics...
    Thought about swapping the grips, I have the canndonale foam grips on the beast of the east (hanging in the background). Maybe I buy a pair of this for the Bad Boy too. And change the seat collar to a Thomson, because this would be the only black chrome part left on the bicycle if I swap the grips.

Another option would be swapping to the odi lock on grips. Iīm not sure about this.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Nice ride! (Both of them, btw.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Post Your Bad Boy!-image.jpg
    My friend's only 3hours old bad boy 0 and my 2.
    0's saddle is ridiculous but Alfine 11 is smooth as velvet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Some updates:

shimano alphine crankset FC-S500 45T is already in place but unfortunately all new models have shorter axle connecting crank arms (sorry for lame explanation but I do not know technical word for that in English) so the only way to make it work was to take that part from older model which was only available in silver - that is why you can see silver crank arms on my BB0.

Rear chainring is 20T now, front is 45T and all I can say there is a big speed improvement.

Fenders have not arrived yet.

Now back to squeaking sound: when I asked the guys if they had done anything about it, they said there was no such need because there was no sound at all. And yes the sound is gone but there is no miracles - I forgot that I had put some thin "rubber pipe" on the front axle before I gave that bike to the service - looks like that helps.

Sorry for bad quality of pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alp1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	924992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alph2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	924993
    Likely problem is the road crank has a different Q than MTB and BB frames are MTB geometry. Perhaps there are some models that are not?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I saw a bad Boy at the LBS for the first time last week. I'm hooked. I will be ordering a 2015 BAD BOY 2 next week.

I need some advice regarding accessories. I'd like them to arrive all at the same time to get my bike set up. Then I too can post some pictures.

I need to know the diameter of the seatpost. I plan on getting a LOADED seatpost clamp.

Chainstay protectors. Does anyone have a favorite brand that you like?

I am also considering getting white tires. I know very little about tire types or makes. This is mostly an aesthetic choice.

Fenders - What brand do you have, and are you getting for a good fit? FYI, mine will not be the lefty fork version. A plastic fender set is what I'd like.

Will rats or mice eat your leather grips?

Thanks,

Jake

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hello,
    I had an idea to replace alfine 11 hub with alfine DI2.

Could someone tell me if that's possible (I mean if Di2 fits BB) - that's first question.

And second one: I found a page where the price is a little bit lower but you have to choose all the parts yourself. One of them is called SMALL PARTS KIT and the choices are:
    - 5R/L horizontal dropout,
    - 7R/7L standard dropout,
    - 8L/8R vertical dropout.
    What is that and which one is correct for BB0 ?

Thanks

Edit
    Fenders - What brand do you have, and are you getting for a good fit? FYI, mine will not be the lefty fork version. A plastic fender set is what I'd like.
    sks bluemels 28 black matt work good

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Finally decided about the next update. I will change the spider/chainring combination on my sram x0 crankset. At the moment Iīm driving a 42t tune chainring on the original 120mm spider and a 15t trialtech cog.

Today I ordered an absolute black spiderless chainring with 36t and I will combinate it with a 14t trialtech cog. I think it will be a much cleaner look:

Post Your Bad Boy!-3-sram-spiderless-black.jpg

This is how it looks on the sram crankset:

Post Your Bad Boy!-884636-large.jpg

Not only a cleaner look but a loss of weight too. The original spider itself weighs around 70gr. Thatīs as much as the whole new chainring weighs. Plus I have to shorten the chain about 4 links.

Chainring/cog ratio will be a little bit smaller than before, at the moment it is 42 / 15 = 2.8 and will go down to 36 / 14 = 2,57. I will give it a try, if itīs not working like I want I will change it to 36 / 13 which will be nearly the same then before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice!!!
    new chainring and cog = new chain

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yes, I know what you mean. The chain is nearly new, just had a about 50km on it so far.
    Shouldnīt be a problem.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Post Your Bad Boy!-kvplus.jpg@sjs.666
    I was just about to do the same but I see they are just around the corner to the oval ones. 36 oval might be on my agenda and I still am a bit concerned on the 11 tooth not being a high enough gear. Pretty sure I can crank out my current 32 up most hills, though the full X0 setup might in coming.

**Too many costs lately**
    Side note got a good 200KM in last weekend and 120 or so the weekend before on the new Tune Komm-Vorr Plus and liking it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Please ride carefully with that thing...

mtbr member
    Hey guys and gals, does anyone know what the major differences are between the Bad Boy 2 and the Enforcement 1 26 I just picked up? They seem like a very similar build using many of the same components, and both use the HeadShok headset. They both also use the HeadShok Fatty DL50 front fork.

ENFORCEMENT 1 26

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Donīt know what you mean by very similar...
    Bad Boy for example has 700c wheelset, narrow tires, complete different frame, not really same the fork as you can clearly see on the pics on the cannondale homepage. No opi stem handlebar on the enforcement. and so on...

Post Your Bad Boy!-c15_cm2007_02_bbq_2_1.1409192190.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-c_13_3fsp1_bbq_5.1409429427.png

Would be easier to list the same components then to list the differences because there are not so many the same as it seems on first look...

At all, despite the fact that they are both black and have a headshock fork theyīre two complete different bicycles for complete different purposes...

mtbr member
    Sorry. I understand one is a 700c and the other is a 26er, but both seemed like urban styled, flat bar, rigid fat front forked bikes with a headshock headset that used deore components.

Fork: Headshok Fatty DL50, 50mm travel w/lockout, OPI
    Shifters: Shimano Deore
    Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
    Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    The Enforcement is definitely a better choice if you go here and there on trails, in the forest, do some little mountain biking or riding on really bad streets. Therefore the 26" wheels with the "beefy" tires and the 11-34t cassette are the better choice...

The Bad Boy ist more the fast one for the city with itīs narrow 28" wheels and in the standard configuration surely nothing for trails and forests...

It all depends on your needs to the bicycle what you prefer but itīs clearly that the enforcement is not meant to be the sporty urban bicycle like the Bad Boy...

Look at the details like the wheels, the seat, the rizer bar, the shitty mechanic shimano disc brakes. Not really components for aggressive and fast riding style...

mtbr member
    Yep, that makes sense. Thanks SJS.

I'm really enjoying the Enforcement thus far. Very comfortable ride and will (eventually) make a good donor bike for a Surly Troll or 1X1, which was the reason I picked it up. At the $475 price, I couldn't go wrong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Somebody see the new 2015 model contro?
    Really interesting design. And a cool new rigid lefty fork on this bike, too...

Cheapest model here in Germany is about 999,- Euro:

Post Your Bad Boy!-c15_cm2355_01_gry_2_1.1409226808.jpg

Nothing special about it but i like the design of frame and the new fork. Maybe would be an interesting project to get one of these and get some fine components for this...

At the meantime iīm waiting for new parts for my bicycle...
    Current state:

Post Your Bad Boy!-20141014_141804.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20141014_141827.jpg

Post Your Bad Boy!-20141014_141843.jpg

Decided to get a Thomson seatclamp to match the rest. And I ordered Lizard Skins DSP grips in both sizes to choose. Still waiting for the absolute black chainring...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Various pics of my 2007 Bad Boy Disc

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    Likely problem is the road crank has a different Q than MTB and BB frames are MTB geometry. Perhaps there are some models that are not?
    I run 10-speed Cyclocross 46-36t gearing on mine, and it's PERFECT:
    "The ONLY person who needs to race.....is the entrant"