Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Psi

Quote Originally Posted by dorgold
    hi,

encouraged by the following post:

http://absynthe.wordpress.com/2008/0...annondale-bbu/

i tried the schwalbe cx comp 700x30c and they work well, even with my bluemels mudguards ...

What psi are you running on the rear tire? I did run 700x35 panaracer cinder, it fits the frame but rubbing on 40+ psi. I also run 700x32 kenda kwicker. Better but still rub the frame on 55+ psi. Small stone get stuck on the tire knobs and since there's not a lot of clearance between the frame and tire, it get wedge in and fling it. End up with a scrape on the frame.

Did you even try running your cx comp on gravel road, how's the clearance on mud? and what psi are you running? the skinnier the tire the higher the psi needs to prevent pinch flat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Love it!

mtbr member
    any of you gus ride your badboy ultra of road ie canal towpath /bridle path ,or do you just ride road with them?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by edispilf
    What psi are you running on the rear tire? I did run 700x35 panaracer cinder, it fits the frame but rubbing on 40+ psi. I also run 700x32 kenda kwicker. Better but still rub the frame on 55+ psi. Small stone get stuck on the tire knobs and since there's not a lot of clearance between the frame and tire, it get wedge in and fling it. End up with a scrape on the frame.

Did you even try running your cx comp on gravel road, how's the clearance on mud? and what psi are you running? the skinnier the tire the higher the psi needs to prevent pinch flat.
    Right now I have the slicks on but I used the Cx Comp last winter, pressure was around 6 bar = 87 psi and I had no problems. I bought the Cx mainly for surviving the winter in my city and they performed very well driving on snow. I have not used them on gravel roads extensively, but as far as I have done so it was no problem as long as they were in rather dry condition...

I bike long tyme.
    Quote Originally Posted by mollski
    any of you gus ride your badboy ultra of road ie canal towpath /bridle path ,or do you just ride road with them?
    Mine regularly sees limestone/cinder rail-grade trails with the 700's. I also have a xc wheelset I swap out to bust some singletrack from time to time.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    awesome machines!

What's the deal with that front shock on the Ultra; is it any good and does it raise the handlebar height significantly?

If it wasn't becuase I'm unsure about how tall the front of the Ultra will be, i would go for it, for sure. No bike quite like it, really.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Its a great bike when the fork works properly, I am having leaking air pressure at the moment after having to sort the damper cartridge. Height wise, a little perhaps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice one...

I actually got the chunky Badboy grips in the end. They are sooooo much better than the rubbish tennis racket ends that they stick on when you buy the bike. What's the point Cannondale???

Cannondale should just stick to supplying the frame, forks and wheels on BB's. The other bits they supply are pretty rubbish and will need replacing after a few days out.

Got a Cateye Vectra Cycle Computer while I was browsing too. Might consider a Hope quick release seat lock too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dorgold
    hi,

encouraged by the following post:

http://absynthe.wordpress.com/2008/0...annondale-bbu/

i tried the schwalbe cx comp 700x30c and they work well, even with my bluemels mudguards ...

Hey dorgold, pictures please

Narren und Affen alles begaffen.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aeonwheels
    Hey dorgold, pictures please
    you will have to wait for a month or two until the weather makes me put the cx on my bike again ;-) ill keep you updated ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2009 Bbu

Few weeks old. I'm really having a lot of fun with this bike. The only thing that bugs me is the tire clearance. I ride some hard gravel based bike path. I have a set of 700 x 30 Kenda Kwicks coming tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how they fit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    New BBU owner here. Anybody out there try putting 650B wheel and tire combo on their BB? Just wondering if this could be a good alternative to getting the 26inch mtn wheel and tire. Any advice is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    If anyone's interested, I managed to fit a set of Kenda Kwick 700 x 30c cx tires on the bike-

I had to remove the original metal valve cap and modify a plastic one by sanding the end flat in order to gain enough clearance. As you can see in the photo its close but its not rubbing at all. Also, I over inflated the tire to 100 pounds just to see if the added pressure would cause it to hit and it seems fine.

Here's a link to the tires -
    http://www.biketiresdirect.com/pkekw...locross/pp.htm

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the post. Mine is the base BB so I don't have to worry about the front clearance. Am getting a set of the Conti Sport Contact from the same place, but in 32's. Will see how that would work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Medium versus Long cage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwibble
    Couple more of my bike, changed the cassette to PG-970 12-26 and medium cage X9. Shifts like a dream now.
    Is there a noticeable difference in performance on a Medium cage X9 to a Long Cage X9? Does it depend on the cassette you are using? Newbie here. Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

2007 BB Ultra
    stock except for bar ends and bottle cage

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Does anybody know what Bad Boy (with EBB) has the biggest tyre clearance and what's the biggest tyre you could put in it

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Great thread.

I was inches away from getting a Cannondale CX9 yesterday then I stumbled on the Bad Boy. I'm after a bike for commuting, but I want something fast. Coming from an MTB background. Looking at the 2010 700 BB but the 700 Ultra is also tempting.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I'd be best with? Stick with the CX9 or go for Bad Boy? Then 700 or 700 Ultra? Commute is only 3 miles each way, mostly lanes. Any advice appreciated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool
    Great thread.

I was inches away from getting a Cannondale CX9 yesterday then I stumbled on the Bad Boy. I'm after a bike for commuting, but I want something fast. Coming from an MTB background. Looking at the 2010 700 BB but the 700 Ultra is also tempting.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I'd be best with? Stick with the CX9 or go for Bad Boy? Then 700 or 700 Ultra? Commute is only 3 miles each way, mostly lanes. Any advice appreciated!

Have you tried riding both? Which one felt better for you? Slightly different bikes. I suggest really to ride them and determine which fit your riding style. If both feel good then consider Bad Boy for it's awesome versatility (the ability to transform into a mountain bike, commuter, road and some touring). I got a 2009 Bad Boy Ultra and have sold my F7 and Synapse bikes and have not looked back yet. Good luck. Ride on !!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm going to struggle to even sit on either on them prior to ordering. Where I live bikes like these aren't carried as stock so have to be ordered in. Obviously I'll be able to try it before signing, but I can't expect the bike shop to order in every bike I fancy!

It's the versatility that appeals. I want I workhorse. Had enough of abusing my MTB riding it around to work all the time and the shops etc. I was tempted by a road type bike but don't really fancy drop bars. Plus the Bad Boy looks cool!!

Seem to be a few people having problems with the headshocks though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have had nothing but a leaking headshok with my Ultra. You would have trouble free cycling with the 700c but with the ultra... uhmm!

I love my Ultra

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    For the amount of money I'll be spending I'd expect a good few years of "trouble free" riding! Think I'll keep it simple.

Now, I've spoke to my LBS today, they can get me a 2010 700 by November for 899, OR a 2009 700 for 700. Any opinions on which would be best? The 2010 seems to be more geared towards commuting?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    the gearing on the 2010 is better, 2 rings, I personally don't like the shimano stuff or the tektro brakes. good frame though....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone know if it's possible to fit the crud roadracer mudguards onto the bad boy? Seem to be the best looking mudguards and won't ruin the look of the bb.

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast