Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Wow....just relooked at receipt.... says: "BIKES '07 BAY BOY ULTRA"

Is that possible? Is that "bad"? How "bad"?

mtbr member
    ....or 2007? Looks exactly like this: http://devlab.ca/?p=4108

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt09F7
    Wow....just relooked at receipt.... says: "BIKES '07 BAY BOY ULTRA"

Is that possible? Is that "bad"? How "bad"?
    Its definitely possible -- it was from AAFES. But, its OK. I don't think there is much difference between the 2007 and 2009 badboys. There are a number of changes between my 2010 and the unsold 2009s at my BX.

Recommend you have it looked at by a bike shop that knows what they are doing. At least check all fasteners before riding much. When I picked mine up from AAFES it had been assembled but most of the screws and bolts on the whole bike were loose.

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    Looks pretty much the same as my wife's 2009. I'd say it's just fine, especially since you got one helluva better deal on yours than I got on hers. Throw some Speedplay Light Action pedals for a locked and loaded feel and you'll drive 19-20 mph easy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I had picked up my 09 BBU last summer and your 07 looks exactly the same. All the parts that I can tell are stock and same as 09. Just need to have her fully checked out at your local LBS and Ride on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

09 Bad Boy Ultra Lefty 650B

Here she is in her final outfit. New wheelset by Stan's 355 650B with Lefty Si front hub and ZTR rear hub. Tires are Quasi Moto by Kirk Pacenti. Avid Elixir Cr brakset. Carbon Lefty. X9 drivetrain and SLX crankset. Comments are welcome. She rides beautifully and very comfortable. Ultimate commuter bike. Ride on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5718.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5719.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5720.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5721.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5717.jpg  

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    Well done Ace! I think you've tipped the balance on your hybrid though. It's a full fledged mtn ride now. I'd be tempted to XC race that thing if I were you, sans or not blinker.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    ^ Sweet bike Ace. What saddle is that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex
    Well done Ace! I think you've tipped the balance on your hybrid though. It's a full fledged mtn ride now. I'd be tempted to XC race that thing if I were you, sans or not blinker.
    Thanks appreciate it. No XC racing for this guy. Just ride some trails and road with friends. I still have my set of 700c wheelset ready for faster group rides. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joemastro
    ^ Sweet bike Ace. What saddle is that?
    Thanks. That is a Koobi Enduro saddle. Check out www.koobi.com

I like it for everyday use and rides under 20 miles. Anything longer I switch out to my Brooks B17 Special saddle no question about it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Post Your Bad Boy!-bad-boy.jpg

Here is my Bad Boy, its a Euro 2008 Single Speed that has been converted to a 'fixed' gear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice bike. Love the simplicity. What size tires you have on it ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Cheers,

The tyres are Conti Contact Sports, 700x28c.

There the stock ones that came on it, they have been pretty good although the rear tyre hasnt got much life left in it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo that I picked up last year. I'm not to happy or confident with the 700 wheels and tires and I am thinking of changing to a set of 26 x 2 with a bias towards an XC tread.

I would appreciate any suggestions on a wheelset or specific tires.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo that I picked up last year. I'm not to happy or confident with the 700 wheels and tires and I am thinking of changing to a set of 26 x 2 with a bias towards an XC tread.

Thanks in advance.

Need pics of that BBS. Lots of good wheelsets and tires out there. What is your budget? That may narrow things down a bit. Custom is also an option depending on if you are a Clydesdale like myself. Ride on.

Old goat
    Aug 2009

Thanks in advance.
    Which 700c tires have you tried to inspire that confidence? If you're looking for more siping or even mud clearing there are trail tires (i.e. cyclocross). If you're using your BB primarily for pavement action/commuting you may want to explore other 700c tires. My wife's tracks quite well even on a crushed gravel running trail with the 700c's. If you're looking to go XC heavily though you may well need 26's as the 700c's you have probably aren't up to technical trail conditions. The BB is an awesome bike but consider the possibility that you may need an ATB in addition.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Which 700c tires have you tried to inspire that confidence? If you're looking for more siping or even mud clearing there are trail tires (i.e. cyclocross). If you're using your BB primarily for pavement action/commuting you may want to explore other 700c tires. My wife's tracks quite well even on a crushed gravel running trail with the 700c's. If you're looking to go XC heavily though you may well need 26's as the 700c's you have probably aren't up to technical trail conditions. The BB is an awesome bike but consider the possibility that you may need an ATB in addition.
    I am just more used to a larger footprint, So I was looking for something more similar in width to a standard MTB. The tires are the standard Kojaks.

I will upload a picture when I can work out how to resize them . As far as budget is concerned , I haven't thought about it much at this stage as I am not really sure what's available at what price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    Need pics of that BBS. Lots of good wheelsets and tires out there. What is your budget? That may narrow things down a bit. Custom is also an option depending on if you are a Clydesdale like myself. Ride on.
    Here is a a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc03920.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I would never consider taking the BB on any sort of off road trail with hte current tires, the Kojaks look they would puncture riding over fine sandpaper.

I do already have a Marin Quake 9.0 XC hardtail. I am probably going to replace that this year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would never consider taking the BB on any sort of off road trail with hte current tires, the Kojaks look they would puncture riding over fine sandpaper.

I do already have a Marin Quake 9.0 XC hardtail. I am probably going to replace that this year.
    Nice bike btw. How do you like that solo fork? Wonder how it compares to the Ultra headshock ? Anyways, I was able to score a set of really nice used Bontrager X lite mtb wheelset from Craigslist which included a set of matching tubeless tires for about $400. The tires were 26 x 2.0 and fit on the 09 BBU was not an issue. They performed flawlessly off road although I did really take them deep into the woods. They were also extremely light considering the footprint was larger than what I was used to. I had just sold them recently due to the fact that I upgraded my BBU with a lefty carbon fork. Replaced it with a set of custom built Stan's 355 650B wheelset with Quasi Moto tires 2.1 (see a few posts above). They perform even better IMO. So I would check Craigslist to see if they have any good deals out there. There is also eBay. Good luck. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice bike btw. How do you like that solo fork? Wonder how it compares to the Ultra headshock ? Anyways, I was able to score a set of really nice used Bontrager X lite mtb wheelset from Craigslist which included a set of matching tubeless tires for about $400. The tires were 26 x 2.0 and fit on the 09 BBU was not an issue. They performed flawlessly off road although I did really take them deep into the woods. They were also extremely light considering the footprint was larger than what I was used to. I had just sold them recently due to the fact that I upgraded my BBU with a lefty carbon fork. Replaced it with a set of custom built Stan's 355 650B wheelset with Quasi Moto tires 2.1 (see a few posts above). They perform even better IMO. So I would check Craigslist to see if they have any good deals out there. There is also eBay. Good luck. Ride on.
    Ace, After doing some research , the Bontrager route seems to be a good direction. I really like the stance of your bike on that wheelset. My riding style is similar, I like single track and some woods but not anything extremely technical.

The fork is good , I like the lockout, the only issue for me is getting confidence in the Kojaks, I think in the summer I will be happier with the level of grip , but I am still going to keep looking for a XC wheelset

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Bad Boy - which version?

Hi there,
    Which precisely version of the bike I have? I bought a used bike, the frame is strange for me because the cables routing are on the outside. Is this bike are made from different parts with previous user? I have the frame number, can i check on the internet what the model is it?
    I write from Europe, please help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050106.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050101.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050062.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050058.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050047.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050045.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050107.jpg  

Last edited by kungfiarz; 02-12-2010 at 04:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfiarz
    Hi there,
    Which precisely version of the bike I have? I bought a used bike, the frame is strange for me because the cables routing are on the outside. Is this bike are made from different parts with previous user? I have the frame number, can i check on the internet what the model is it?
    I write from Europe, please help me.
    I can't really help you much with the Euro models. Your best bet is to try sending the frame number to Cannondale Europe in Oldenzaal and see if they can help you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Ace, I have been doing some research , I have ordered a set of Schwalbe Marathon Cross tires in the same size as the Kojaks. I will see how I get on with them first. Thanks for all your advice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hello
    Thanks for help BadBoyNY. I wrote to the customer service and im waiting for a response. My bike model are bad boy ultra or something else?
    What is the opinion about the quality of cannondale bicycles, for example in the confrontation with Scott bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

solution

Hi,
    I have the answer. Cannondale Europe wrote:
    "Good Afternoon, The Serial number does belong to a 2009, Bad Boy Ultra, size XL, colour matte black."
    Then i wrote back to them
    "Thanks for answer. I have another question. Why in some models BB Ultra cable routing are inside frame and others outside? In my bike, the cables routing are on the outside."
    They answered to me...
    "The only model year with internal cable routing was 2007/2008.
    Cannondale changed back to the external cable routing as it was requested by customers. Cables are much easier and faster to replace if they run along the frame and not through it."

Whether you believe in it? In my opinion running cables inside is more expensive for them, I do not believe that more people like running cables on the outside.
    Sorry for off topic

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Can someone please tell me what size seat post will fit in a 2009 us spec bad boy ultra? I have a great deal on the table for a 31.6 (370mm?? Long??) thompson elite but I am not certain if this is the correct size. Thanks guys.

Old goat
    Aug 2009
    My wife's 2009 BBU has a 31.6" and for length it looks like a 330mm. Frame size M.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    Can someone please tell me what size seat post will fit in a 2009 us spec bad boy ultra? I have a great deal on the table for a 31.6 (370mm?? Long??) thompson elite but I am not certain if this is the correct size. Thanks guys.
    I have a Thomson Elite seatpost on my 09 BBUL and it is a 31.6 x 410mm. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ^^Thanks C_Rex and Ace. Got one on ebay for 31 bucks! Looking to find a saddle and a mid level wireless computer now. Maybe flat bars. Good deals on the bay lately..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    ^^Thanks C_Rex and Ace. Got one on ebay for 31 bucks! Looking to find a saddle and a mid level wireless computer now. Maybe flat bars. Good deals on the bay lately..
    Saddles are a personal thing. You just need to make sure you find the one that fits your sit bones comfortably. Make sure you get measured so you can get the right size. I have been riding Koobi saddles since last year and find them to very comfortable for under 50 mile rides. Anything more I go with my trusty Brooks B17 Special. I have wide sit bones so I favor wider saddles.

For wireless computer, I have the Planet Bike Protege 9.0 on my 09 BBUL. Very nice large display and can be used on different bikes. You will just need to get an extra mount. I also have the Cateye Strada Wireless computer on my road bike. It works well also.

As far as flat bars, too many out there. I replace the original Cannondale alum bar on my BBUL with a light carbon Sunline V1 flat bar. It has only about 19mm rise to it so it is fairly flat.

Good luck hunting on eBay. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

bbu 2009 euro w fenders and 700x30 tires

thats my bb ultra 2009 euro, with sks bluemels fenders and schwalbe cx comp 700x30 tires - very slim fit, but it works ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-bb1.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-bb2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Are those zip ties the standard installation method ,or your solution ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

for some strange reason

cannondale has decided to manufacture the euro bbu's fatty without the threads for mounting fenders, therefore it is my own solution, yes - a bit ugly, but it works

mtbr member
    I just test rode a BB Disc and it did not have the fatty solo rigid fork but a regular rigid fork. The bike didn't have the the Schwalbe tires. The bike shop said that they do not come with the fatty solo fork anymore.

The bike i tested today was not looking like the one in the 2010 catalog or on cannondale's website. I was going to buy the bike if it looked like the one i have researched.

Is cannondale still shipping this bike with the fatty rigid and schwalbe tires as seen in the catalog or online?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    it comes with the 3-speed SRAM geared one in Europe, I test rode the bike and I love it. looks great

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Finally picked up my 09 BBU this weekend. Shop swapped out my saddle for a Fizik Arione for no additional charge. Took her out for a quick spin this morning very fast bike. Saddle was surprisingly comfortable (only a quick mile and a half or so) but we will see how it feels after longer rides. For no extra money its a good opportunity to try out a highly regarded saddle. Also added my Thomson Elite seatpost and got rid of the pedal cages and reflectors. She looks good.

The only thing that struck me as areas I'd like to change is probably a stem without so much rise and still thinking about a flat handlebar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Finally picked up my 09 BBU this weekend. Shop swapped out my saddle for a Fizik Arione for no additional charge. Took her out for a quick spin this morning very fast bike. Saddle was surprisingly comfortable (only a quick mile and a half or so) but we will see how it feels after longer rides. For no extra money its a good opportunity to try out a highly regarded saddle. Also added my Thomson Elite seatpost and got rid of the pedal cages and reflectors. She looks good.

The only thing that struck me as areas I'd like to change is probably a stem without so much rise and still thinking about a flat handlebar.
    pics?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo US model , it has the Fatty fork and Schwalbe Kojak tires. I have posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

mtbr member
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo US model , it has the Fatty fork and Schwalbe Kojak tires. I have posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed a local shop and this was his answer, "The New ones have the Fatty Ultra R disc fork, which is a rigid fork, and Vittoria tires"

I really wanted the fatty solo rigid and will keep shopping 'til i find one or i wil be going to another brand.

EDIT: Just got an email from cannondale and the 2010 bad boy disc does have the solo fatty fork and schwalbe tires. The bikes i have been seeing at the stores are the left overs from 2009.
    Last edited by Smw72; 03-30-2010 at 02:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Has anyone with a singlespeed BB changed his rear sprocket?
    If so, to what size and which brand?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

finally got it set up how I wanted. Shifted the seat back to make it a bit more aggressive.
    Feels really quick now. Can't wait for summer and the chance to rack up some decent miles on it.

mtbr member
    LOOKS AWESOME WHAT WHEELS AND TYERS HAVE YOU GOT RUNNING THERE PLEASE?sorry for caps lock

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool

finally got it set up how I wanted. Shifted the seat back to make it a bit more aggressive.
    Feels really quick now. Can't wait for summer and the chance to rack up some decent miles on it.
    Looking good, Those tires are going to get dirty soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mollski
    LOOKS AWESOME WHAT WHEELS AND TYERS HAVE YOU GOT RUNNING THERE PLEASE?sorry for caps lock
    Tyres are ContinentalGP2 limited edition white. Wheels were factory fitted. Looking forward to getting them dirty so not quite as bright.

mtbr member
    I will be able to post a pic of my 2010 bad Boy Disc next week when it arrives. So stoked too be getting this bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool

Nice looking ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Attached is Cannondale Bad Boy 8 Ultra from Ukraine with background from my workshop

can you guys also check my small silly question please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-cimg4191.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just got home from the bike shop picking up my new bicycle. The bike looks amazing in person. I need to add my wireless cateye and delete the stickers and reflectors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Has anyone successfully installed a cateye micro wireless computer on a BBU with stick 700 wheels? No matter where I mount the sensor I can get it close enough to the pick up on the spoke to get a mph reading. it seems like the wide forks and skinny wheels are fouling everything up... anyone??

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast