Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2725
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor1977 View Post
    I do not know how the Alfine will hold up but the frame can handle a lot for sure. Been using my 2012 rigid model with CX tires and sometimes I go with it off road. I do not have any suspension so it's basically dirt/gravel roads otherwise I am bouncing all over the place. Lucky for me (or not) there is not much else here in the area of Amsterdam (Netherlands). If I would live in another country I would without doubt have a mtb hardtail of even a fully for the heavier stuff. I would also have a bad boy obviously
    Thanks. She is going to try a few other bikes, but is leaning towards the Bad Boy. If we do get that one, I'm thinking the first thing we will do is swap out to some CX tires that will handle gravel/dirt to make it more "general purpose" friendly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Thanks! Yes it is a bad boy 4
    I also have an older ultra model with headshock but it is size L and a bit too large for me. Got it for a nice deal and could not resist. The bad boy 4 in size M came later. Use it as shopping bike and other small trips here in Amsterdam. Will post pictures of it later

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by J-san View Post
    Thanks. She is going to try a few other bikes, but is leaning towards the Bad Boy. If we do get that one, I'm thinking the first thing we will do is swap out to some CX tires that will handle gravel/dirt to make it more "general purpose" friendly.
    The schwalbe G One (40mm) tires are great gravel\allround tires. On tarmac they feel really fast too. For a lesser price the continental cyclocross speed (35mm) does the work also. There are others but I have experience with these 2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by slk76 View Post
    That's a nice build.
    Is your bike a BAD BOY 4 model?

What kind of water bottle is it?
    It's not so easy to find water bottles in black
    The water bottle came from china. Found it on aliexpress. Search for costelo water bottle

Stumpy ELITE
    The water bottle came from china. Found it on aliexpress. Search for costelo water bottle
    Thanks Victor!

나의 SM-N910K 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar View Post
    Badongescubil-

I love this build! How many teeth is your crankset and I assume it's a standard gxp version GX crank? and what headset did you use to convert to the Enve CX fork? I have solo 50mm that's going to be recalled and this would be a good time for me to change it up while fork is unsafe to ride.
    Hi 1-bar, sorry for the late reply. teeth 38T, standard gxp Sram GX. Headset is cane creek 110 lower ec 44. I'm planning to go up to 42T up front.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by badongescubil View Post
    Hi 1-bar, sorry for the late reply. teeth 38T, standard gxp Sram GX. Headset is cane creek 110 lower ec 44. I'm planning to go up to 42T up front.
    I am also using a 38t front and miss sometimes a slightly bigger one up front on a 1x11 setup. Going to upgrade it to 42t too I think.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I am also using a 38t front and miss sometimes a slightly bigger one up front on a 1x11 setup. Going to upgrade it to 42t too I think.
    What are you planning to get? I can't find a 42 for the GX, I'm thinking of getting the new Sram eagle crank for lightness and putting an Absoluteblack 42T oval.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by badongescubil View Post
    What are you planning to get? I can't find a 42 for the GX, I'm thinking of getting the new Sram eagle crank for lightness and putting an Absoluteblack 42T oval.
    I am not sure yet. The deore hollowtech crankset (104bcd) I now have is the only thing I haven't replaced and is still on the list. I was planning to go for a XT M8000 96bcd (already have the bottom bracket). I have not really looked into the 42t rings yet because of this planned upgrade. Not seen a 42t oval for the XT from absoluteblack or other brand so that could be a problem and I might change into sram also if they do not exist.

mtbr member
    42t sounds great. Keep us posted if you can get the right chainline and frame clearance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bad-boy-3.jpg

This was My Cannondale Bad Boy 3
    stock with Schwalbe Pro One 700x28 tyre

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale-bad-boy-1-2017.jpg
    I now have this Cannondale Bad Boy 1 2017.
    Love the bike, but I hate the Schwalbe G-One Performance 650x40c tyres and the handlebar is a bit to wide.

Thinking about to change the tyres for the Schwalbe Kojak 650x35c, but i think the difference is minimal.
    So need to swap the rims to 700cc so I can fit the Schwalde Pro One 700x28c tyres.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hi!
    I have followed this thread years, but just now I have enough courage to write the first post. I have a Cannondale Badboy 1 (2013) and I would like to upgrade good roadbike wheelset for it. Does anyone know the manufacturer for lefty road bike wheelsets? Or should I just purchase a lefty mtb hub and build it by myselft? I have problems to find suitable hubs for HeadShok Solo DL50 fork. Because nowdays cannondale have lefty 2.0 and SuperMax etc.. forks and I have understanded those don't work with my lefty fork, because of different axle lenght..
    Cheers

Stumpy ELITE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannondale84 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cannondale Bad Boy 1 2017.JPG 
Views:	371 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	1153676
    Love the bike, but I hate the Schwalbe G-One Performance 650x40c tyres and the handlebar is a bit to wide.

Thinking about to change the tyres for the Schwalbe Kojak 650x35c, but i think the difference is minimal.
    So need to swap the rims to 700cc so I can fit the Schwalde Pro One 700x28c tyres.
    Congrats! Nice to finally see someone with the new badboy here

How do you like the new stock pedals? I hate the older ones on my 2012 bb1.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Congrats! Nice to finally see someone with the new badboy here

How do you like the new stock pedals? I hate the older ones on my 2012 bb1.

I like the stock pedals but I also like the octopus pedals on your 2012 Bad Boy

Does somebody have any suggestions for 700c rims?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rokka View Post
    Hi!
    I have followed this thread years, but just now I have enough courage to write the first post. I have a Cannondale Badboy 1 (2013) and I would like to upgrade good roadbike wheelset for it. Does anyone know the manufacturer for lefty road bike wheelsets? Or should I just purchase a lefty mtb hub and build it by myselft? I have problems to find suitable hubs for HeadShok Solo DL50 fork. Because nowdays cannondale have lefty 2.0 and SuperMax etc.. forks and I have understanded those don't work with my lefty fork, because of different axle lenght..
    Cheers
    Hi, please post a picture of your bike, always nice to see a BB.

You can also keep your lefty hub and build a new wheel with spokes and a rim. Or buy a new hub and build your wheel. I think a wheelset with this hub is not easy to find.

I am also looking to buy a pair of 700c rims, have you seen some nice clean rims?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Yeah, I'll post a picture of my BB soon.
    I don't know weight/quality of that org hub, so that's why I want change it.
    And same time I try to cut weight of my BB under 10kg. I have already upgraded all other parts to XT and XTR. So, now I want to get my wheelset to the same level. And if I have to order hubs, spokes and rims from the web, I want to be sure those are compatible with my BB..

The options with rims depends what kind hubs I will find(How many spokes I have to use). If spoke count is 32, then one option is mavic open pro 2017: https://roadbikeaction.com/wp-conten...OPEN-PRO-5.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hey guys,
    I'm considering buying the Bad boy 1 in the pictures I've posted second hand. The guys says it's in mint condition. Admittedly, I don't know a lot about bikes but want a well built, safe city commuter at a good price. I've done some reading but still could use some advice in case there's anything I need to look out for when buying it second hand.

" width="549">

" width="549">

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hello. This is my first post as I only recently got into Biking and I am very much a novice--i commute to work on my Cannondale bad boy 4. I wanted to make some changes--I am 5'7" and i have a medium size frame.

I would love to change the seat post to sit back a bit more--maybe an inch? but what is the seatpost offset for the 2015 canondale badboy 4? i know it needs a 31.6 post but what is the most offset i can get? Looking for one for daily use on roads and not concerned about weight.

then i am thinking of changing out the handlebars from a straight bar to curved--my hands go numb sometimes after 4-5 miles and i thought perhaps changing the angle at which my hands sit may help.

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cannondale Bad Boy 1 2017.JPG 
Views:	371 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	1153676

How do you like the Fabric saddle? I am considering it for a 2016 bad boy 1 as a more comfortable yet weather proof saddle for New York.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
    How do you like the Fabric saddle? I am considering it for a 2016 bad boy 1 as a more comfortable yet weather proof saddle for New York.
    The Fabric saddle is a good saddle, no complains

Stumpy ELITE
    The Fabric saddle is a good saddle, no complains
    is the fabric saddle more comfortable than the stock older badboy saddle?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    is the fabric saddle more comfortable than the stock older badboy saddle?

I previously owned a Bad Boy 3, the new saddle is a bit more comfortable
    The Bad Boy 2017 has an Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle

This is the fizik saddle of the bad boy 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_0122.jpg  

Stumpy ELITE
    I previously owned a Bad Boy 3, the new saddle is a bit more comfortable
    The Bad Boy 2017 has an Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle

This is the fizik saddle of the bad boy 3
    thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Hi everyone, Im planning to change my Badboy 1 2014 to dropbar 1x sram. Already ordered the headshok stem. Now does anybody know which Sram Force 1 crank and bb should i get? GXP or bb30?
    Current one is fsa mega exo bb1000.
    Also, any recommendations for the rear hub? I have difficulties finding one with both xd and qr.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Members who have read this thread: 134