Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 2678
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    sorry, they are cheap plastic rubbish and the bad boy deserves something far better. get some sks instead.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwibble
    sorry, they are cheap plastic rubbish and the bad boy deserves something far better. get some sks instead.
    All the SKS I've seen are massive and look shocking. I liked the idea of the roadracer's because you can hardly see them on the bike.

    Anyone know if they'd fit though?

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    not if you get the P35 sks. yes they should fit

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwibble
    December for the 2010 models. I think I would rather get the 2009 model ultra than the 2010.
    Any reason for this?

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    i work in a bike shop and at the end of the day it is your choice of what you buy. i just think they are a little too plastic for my liking. the sks will last longer. if you like the cruds go for it

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwibble
    i work in a bike shop and at the end of the day it is your choice of what you buy. i just think they are a little too plastic for my liking. the sks will last longer. if you like the cruds go for it
    LOL. No! read my quote! Was asking your opinion on why the 2009 is better than the 2010!

    Spoke to Crud; roadracers won't fit on the 700 bad boy because of the disk brakes apparently.

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    to be honest, the gearing is better on the '10 model (2x9), brakes are poorer on '10 (prefer avids), SRAM gear is better on '09 (IMHO), quite like the '10 frame but the 2009 is cheaper and available now.
    Tuff one...

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13
    Can anyone tell me what are the symptoms of a leaking cartridge? Is there anything visible that would suggest this as a problem?

    Regards

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    tell the forum your symptoms and we will take it from there.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Here's my Bad Boy Jekyll. Hope this is the right forum to post this.


  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    my solo ultraPost Your Bad Boy!-badboy1-2-.jpg

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    I love the black and white color scheme

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks.Nice jackyll

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by galliofly
    my solo ultraClick image for larger version. 

Name:	badboy1 (2).jpg 
Views:	3997 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	492964
    Love the fatty solo! Any more pics?

    I'm strongly considering a 2010 bad boy solo early next year.

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwibble
    Does Bad Ronald have any of the new Bad boy photos for the 2010?
    There is a post from him on roadbikereview with pictures. These are the US 2010 bad boy models from a sales meeting of his.

    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=178585

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18
    I've got this Bad Boy V-Brake 2010 coming on December 3rd (allegedly) can't wait.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    saw one today, the tyres are massive!!!!

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mollski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104
    AWESOME DUDE looks like surley pug what size are tyres?how much?

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18
    The tyres are 26 x 2.0 slicks, cost was £545 but i've ordered it through my works cycle to work scheme so end up paying around £395 which is a steel,

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    So, my LBS offered me a 2009 BBU for £975 instead of waiting until after Christmas for the 2010 700 I had ordered. Wasn't sure at first, but decided that it was too good an offer to turn down. So today I picked up my shiney new 2009 BBU. Only had a quick spin on it but seems impressive. Will sort it out and get some pics over the weekend.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    you got the right bike

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48


    The new toy. Pleased with it so far. Just want the weather to clear up so I can get out and play on it!

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32
    Sweet Badboy! You chose well IMO.

    I hear you about the weather, I just picked a 2010 solo and haven't gotten around to taking pics yet because I'm too busy trying to get all the ridding in I can before the weather turns brutal here. I make sure to post pics here eventually.

    Congrats on the new ride!

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    +1 nice BBU. Also got one this year from LBS on sale. Love it so much I went ahead and picked up a pair of mtn bike wheels and tires so I can ride her in rougher roads and weather. Ride on.

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    New member - I joined this forum to get more information on my 2010 Badboy Solo. I'm interested in grip / seat / pedal and other changes you guys recommend. Are the octopus pedals any good? Stock seat is a little harsh, changing that is job #1. I thought I'd like the grips, but don't. I thought I'd hate the kojak tires but they seem to have excellent grip.

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    55
    Does anyone know the weight of a bad boy frame? Is it much heavier than a optimo frame?

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye
    New member - I joined this forum to get more information on my 2010 Badboy Solo. I'm interested in grip / seat / pedal and other changes you guys recommend. Are the octopus pedals any good? Stock seat is a little harsh, changing that is job #1. I thought I'd like the grips, but don't. I thought I'd hate the kojak tires but they seem to have excellent grip.

    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Welcome, deadeye, congrats on your new toy. We need pics soon. Here is a list of my 2009 BBU "upgrades":

    - seatpost = Thomson Elite (bombproof)
    - saddle = Koobi Enduro (backup saddle for longer rides = Brooks B17 Special) (comfy)
    - handlebar = Sunline V1 Carbon handlebar (comfy and light)
    - fork = Lefty Carbon DLR 110 (very comfy and can be locked out for roads)
    - brakes = Avid Elixir CR 203mm rotors for front and rear (better modulation, smooth and no noise)
    - wheelset = Stans Arch 29er with Hope Pro 2 (rear hub) and Woodman (front lefty hub)
    - tires = once the original Vittoria wears out, will be switching to Schwalbe Marathon Supremes (700 x 32)
    - crankset - Shimano SLX
    - derailleurs - SRAM X9 rear
    - shifters - SRAM X9 triggers
    - pedals - Crank Brothers SL (so easy to clip in and out) (backup are DMR V12 for rides with family and sandals)
    - grips - Ergon GC2 grips (easier on the hands and less numbness)

    I also have a set of Bontrager X Lite mountain wheelset for trails.

    Pics soon to come. Ride on !!

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    Welcome, deadeye, congrats on your new toy. We need pics soon. Here is a list of my 2009 BBU "upgrades":

    - seatpost = Thomson Elite (bombproof)
    - saddle = Koobi Enduro (backup saddle for longer rides = Brooks B17 Special) (comfy)
    - handlebar = Sunline V1 Carbon handlebar (comfy and light)
    - fork = Lefty Carbon DLR 110 (very comfy and can be locked out for roads)
    - brakes = Avid Elixir CR 203mm rotors for front and rear (better modulation, smooth and no noise)
    - wheelset = Stans Arch 29er with Hope Pro 2 (rear hub) and Woodman (front lefty hub)
    - tires = once the original Vittoria wears out, will be switching to Schwalbe Marathon Supremes (700 x 32)
    - crankset - Shimano SLX
    - derailleurs - SRAM X9 rear
    - shifters - SRAM X9 triggers
    - pedals - Crank Brothers SL (so easy to clip in and out) (backup are DMR V12 for rides with family and sandals)
    - grips - Ergon GC2 grips (easier on the hands and less numbness)

    I also have a set of Bontrager X Lite mountain wheelset for trails.

    Pics soon to come. Ride on !!
    Thanks for the information on your bike. I will be looking into Ergon grips and Koobi seats. Does anyone make a stem with a steeper angle to bring the bars up a little? Or, is it better to keep the stock stem and swap the bars for some with more rise - like an extra inch or so?
    Last edited by deadeye; 12-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Not any upgrade in mine yet
    i am thinking on buying in the future this lights
    TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight, two of them
    and perphaps the kojaks 2.0 wide

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    168
    [QUOTE Does anyone make a stem with a steeper angle to bring the bars up a little? Or, is it better to keep the stock stem and swap the bars for some with more rise - like an extra inch or so?

    Try Hope stem, a lot nicer
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hope-Stem-for...item1e573d4713
    Last edited by pulsarxxx; 01-06-2010 at 08:23 PM.

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8

    Good job! Solo update

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye
    Thanks for the information on your bike. I will be looking into Ergon grips and Koobi seats. Does anyone make a stem with a steeper angle to bring the bars up a little? Or, is it better to keep the stock stem and swap the bars for some with more rise - like an extra inch or so?
    After putting only 50 mi. on I've decided to leave the bars alone. This is the perfect bike for riding around Tokyo and my only regret is not getting one sooner. I did put a Selle TRK seat on and ordered some Ergon GX-1 grips. Being 6'2", I never want to mess around again with anything but an XL frame - so much more comfortable to be spread out.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PhillyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    36
    My 2006 BBU



    does it have two wheels?

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Do you think I can fit a pair of Bontrager Jones ACX 26x2.1 tires on a Bad Boy? I found a pair that's being sold for a good price. What do you guys think of those tires? I know I'll have to buy a new pair of rims for that too. Any recommendations? I want to be able to use my Bad Boy for a some afternoon rides along some rugged road we have near our house hence the plan to get some MTB tires. Thanks!

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by j_chu
    Do you think I can fit a pair of Bontrager Jones ACX 26x2.1 tires on a Bad Boy? I found a pair that's being sold for a good price. What do you guys think of those tires? I know I'll have to buy a new pair of rims for that too. Any recommendations? I want to be able to use my Bad Boy for a some afternoon rides along some rugged road we have near our house hence the plan to get some MTB tires. Thanks!
    I was able to fit a pair of Bontrager X Lite wheels with matching tubeless tires (26 x 2.0) with no issues on my 2009 BBU. Rode very comfortably. I think 26 x 2.1 will be fine. Hope that helps. I am in the process of determining what is the max 29er tire I can put on my BBU at the moment (if any). Off to my LBS for some test trials. Ride on.

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5

    Winter-Commuter

    This is my 2007 Bad Boy equipped for commuting in winter.

    (sorry - I should have put this under the original thread. Unfortunately the "post reply" buttons don't specify in which branch you are posting)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondale_bb_06.jpg  

    Last edited by baumi314159; 02-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool


    The new toy. Pleased with it so far. Just want the weather to clear up so I can get out and play on it!

    Lovely! Where did you get this one from? I have a 2009 BBU as well and mine came with Cannondale rims on Deore Hubs...your wheels seem to be a different spec? Or hang on, maybe it's just the stickers...
    www.larsrehm.com

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldegracia
    Lovely! Where did you get this one from? I have a 2009 BBU as well and mine came with Cannondale rims on Deore Hubs...your wheels seem to be a different spec? Or hang on, maybe it's just the stickers...

    Hi this is UK spec bike. Bought at the start of December. The wheels are Madduxx rims, with DT Swiss spokes and Shimano hubs. I'd imagine the specs are slightly different as it was so close to the 2010 bike being released, and they gave me a big discount!

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    I was able to fit a pair of Bontrager X Lite wheels with matching tubeless tires (26 x 2.0) with no issues on my 2009 BBU. Rode very comfortably. I think 26 x 2.1 will be fine. Hope that helps. I am in the process of determining what is the max 29er tire I can put on my BBU at the moment (if any). Off to my LBS for some test trials. Ride on.
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by baumi314159
    This is my 2007 Bad Boy equipped for commuting in winter.
    Love the wheels! What are the specs?

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    My Bad Boy Ultra with Ergon GC3, which i recommend highly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-02012010162-copy.jpg  


  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5
    you need to loose these reflectors man
    www.larsrehm.com

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17

    my badboy 700c 08


    my badboy 08 700c,
    have recently chnaged handlebar and stem for ritchey, still has bb grips and cane creek bar end.
    seat post is pz racing alloy.
    pedals are dmr v10 i think (ebay!)
    cane creek headset installed,
    was thinking of getting some red or orange tyres (courier type!)

    am trying to get some more pics on here!

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Hi guys,

    I am trying to figure out if I should get a Bad Boy Ultra 2009 (discounted to 1000 Euros) or a Bad Boy 8 Ultra 2010 (1270 Euros).

    Any experience/opinions on or pros/cons for either model besides the price difference?

    Thanks

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    i would say the 2009 has the better components and I like the 2009 frame. The 2010 is a new years bike and the internal hub at the back is less maintenance. Pro's and cons for each, I would recommend viewing the bikes in the flesh. Tough one.

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    The rims are Sun DS2-XC 26", with Maxxis Holy Roller 2.2 inch tires. The bike came with Sun DS2 700C rims, which look exactly the same as the 26" wheels. I put the 26" wheels in for winter commuting. Then it's back to the 700C when the snow is gone. This winter I replaced the tires with Nokian studded ones, they work great! No more worrying about ice on the roads. I only know the roads are slick when no car passes me!

    (sorry, I put this in the wrong branch. Can this entry be deleted?)
    Last edited by baumi314159; 02-03-2010 at 05:13 PM.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5

    Wheels

    The rims are Sun DS2-XC 26", with Maxxis Holy Roller 2.2 inch tires. The bike came with Sun DS2 700C rims, which look exactly the same as the 26" wheels. I put the 26" wheels in for winter commuting. Then it's back to the 700C when the snow is gone. This winter I replaced the tires with Nokian studded ones, they work great! No more worrying about ice on the roads. I only know the roads are slick when no car passes me!

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MegaMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    322

    New Bad Boy - 2009 or 2010?

    Hey,
    I just picked up this new Bad Boy Ultra today at the PX on base, here in Germany. Wooohooo! From the pics you might see something I didn't even notice till I got it home. The pedals are flat on one side and accept SPD on the other.

    Anyway, of course the staff at the PX is useless so there was no book, nor could they tell me if it was a 2009 or 2010. There was another Medium Ultra there, but the "M" was lower case (thinking that one might be a 2010, since my '09 F7 has the same upper case script as this one). This bike has tires with some tread, the other Medium there had slicks. What do you think?

    Anyway, the Topeak rack was a Christmas present that just never looked right on the F7, but will be right at home on the Bad Boy....and....don't even go there about the kickstand...it's MY bike and on this commuter I want it.

    Anyway, tell me what you notice as good or bad. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-a100_0844.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-a100_0818.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-a100_0821.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-a100_0840.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-a100_0826.jpg  

    Last edited by MegaMustang; 02-07-2010 at 12:26 AM.

  49. #149
    Old goat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    Am I still wearing my beer goggles?

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MegaMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    322
    Wow....just relooked at receipt.... says: "BIKES '07 BAY BOY ULTRA"

    Is that possible? Is that "bad"? How "bad"?

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MegaMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    322
    Wow....just relooked at receipt.... says: "BIKES '07 BAY BOY ULTRA"

    Is that possible? Is that "bad"? How "bad"?

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MegaMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    322
    ....or 2007? Looks exactly like this: http://devlab.ca/?p=4108

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt09F7
    Wow....just relooked at receipt.... says: "BIKES '07 BAY BOY ULTRA"

    Is that possible? Is that "bad"? How "bad"?
    Its definitely possible -- it was from AAFES. But, its OK. I don't think there is much difference between the 2007 and 2009 badboys. There are a number of changes between my 2010 and the unsold 2009s at my BX.

    Recommend you have it looked at by a bike shop that knows what they are doing. At least check all fasteners before riding much. When I picked mine up from AAFES it had been assembled but most of the screws and bolts on the whole bike were loose.

  54. #154
    Old goat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    Looks pretty much the same as my wife's 2009. I'd say it's just fine, especially since you got one helluva better deal on yours than I got on hers. Throw some Speedplay Light Action pedals for a locked and loaded feel and you'll drive 19-20 mph easy.

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    I had picked up my 09 BBU last summer and your 07 looks exactly the same. All the parts that I can tell are stock and same as 09. Just need to have her fully checked out at your local LBS and Ride on.

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51

    09 Bad Boy Ultra Lefty 650B

    Here she is in her final outfit. New wheelset by Stan's 355 650B with Lefty Si front hub and ZTR rear hub. Tires are Quasi Moto by Kirk Pacenti. Avid Elixir Cr brakset. Carbon Lefty. X9 drivetrain and SLX crankset. Comments are welcome. She rides beautifully and very comfortable. Ultimate commuter bike. Ride on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5718.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5719.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5720.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5721.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_5717.jpg  


  57. #157
    Old goat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    Well done Ace! I think you've tipped the balance on your hybrid though. It's a full fledged mtn ride now. I'd be tempted to XC race that thing if I were you, sans or not blinker.

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    ^ Sweet bike Ace. What saddle is that?

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex
    Well done Ace! I think you've tipped the balance on your hybrid though. It's a full fledged mtn ride now. I'd be tempted to XC race that thing if I were you, sans or not blinker.
    Thanks appreciate it. No XC racing for this guy. Just ride some trails and road with friends. I still have my set of 700c wheelset ready for faster group rides. Ride on.

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by joemastro
    ^ Sweet bike Ace. What saddle is that?
    Thanks. That is a Koobi Enduro saddle. Check out www.koobi.com

    I like it for everyday use and rides under 20 miles. Anything longer I switch out to my Brooks B17 Special saddle no question about it.

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Your Bad Boy!-bad-boy.jpg

    Here is my Bad Boy, its a Euro 2008 Single Speed that has been converted to a 'fixed' gear.

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Nice bike. Love the simplicity. What size tires you have on it ?

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Cheers,

    The tyres are Conti Contact Sports, 700x28c.

    There the stock ones that came on it, they have been pretty good although the rear tyre hasnt got much life left in it.

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo that I picked up last year. I'm not to happy or confident with the 700 wheels and tires and I am thinking of changing to a set of 26 x 2 with a bias towards an XC tread.

    I would appreciate any suggestions on a wheelset or specific tires.

    Thanks in advance.

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo that I picked up last year. I'm not to happy or confident with the 700 wheels and tires and I am thinking of changing to a set of 26 x 2 with a bias towards an XC tread.

    I would appreciate any suggestions on a wheelset or specific tires.

    Thanks in advance.

    Need pics of that BBS. Lots of good wheelsets and tires out there. What is your budget? That may narrow things down a bit. Custom is also an option depending on if you are a Clydesdale like myself. Ride on.

  66. #166
    Old goat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo that I picked up last year. I'm not to happy or confident with the 700 wheels and tires and I am thinking of changing to a set of 26 x 2 with a bias towards an XC tread.

    I would appreciate any suggestions on a wheelset or specific tires.

    Thanks in advance.
    Which 700c tires have you tried to inspire that confidence? If you're looking for more siping or even mud clearing there are trail tires (i.e. cyclocross). If you're using your BB primarily for pavement action/commuting you may want to explore other 700c tires. My wife's tracks quite well even on a crushed gravel running trail with the 700c's. If you're looking to go XC heavily though you may well need 26's as the 700c's you have probably aren't up to technical trail conditions. The BB is an awesome bike but consider the possibility that you may need an ATB in addition.

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex
    Which 700c tires have you tried to inspire that confidence? If you're looking for more siping or even mud clearing there are trail tires (i.e. cyclocross). If you're using your BB primarily for pavement action/commuting you may want to explore other 700c tires. My wife's tracks quite well even on a crushed gravel running trail with the 700c's. If you're looking to go XC heavily though you may well need 26's as the 700c's you have probably aren't up to technical trail conditions. The BB is an awesome bike but consider the possibility that you may need an ATB in addition.
    I am just more used to a larger footprint, So I was looking for something more similar in width to a standard MTB. The tires are the standard Kojaks.

    I will upload a picture when I can work out how to resize them . As far as budget is concerned , I haven't thought about it much at this stage as I am not really sure what's available at what price.

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    Need pics of that BBS. Lots of good wheelsets and tires out there. What is your budget? That may narrow things down a bit. Custom is also an option depending on if you are a Clydesdale like myself. Ride on.
    Here is a a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-dsc03920.jpg  


  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex
    Which 700c tires have you tried to inspire that confidence? If you're looking for more siping or even mud clearing there are trail tires (i.e. cyclocross). If you're using your BB primarily for pavement action/commuting you may want to explore other 700c tires. My wife's tracks quite well even on a crushed gravel running trail with the 700c's. If you're looking to go XC heavily though you may well need 26's as the 700c's you have probably aren't up to technical trail conditions. The BB is an awesome bike but consider the possibility that you may need an ATB in addition.
    I would never consider taking the BB on any sort of off road trail with hte current tires, the Kojaks look they would puncture riding over fine sandpaper.

    I do already have a Marin Quake 9.0 XC hardtail. I am probably going to replace that this year.

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I would never consider taking the BB on any sort of off road trail with hte current tires, the Kojaks look they would puncture riding over fine sandpaper.

    I do already have a Marin Quake 9.0 XC hardtail. I am probably going to replace that this year.
    Nice bike btw. How do you like that solo fork? Wonder how it compares to the Ultra headshock ? Anyways, I was able to score a set of really nice used Bontrager X lite mtb wheelset from Craigslist which included a set of matching tubeless tires for about $400. The tires were 26 x 2.0 and fit on the 09 BBU was not an issue. They performed flawlessly off road although I did really take them deep into the woods. They were also extremely light considering the footprint was larger than what I was used to. I had just sold them recently due to the fact that I upgraded my BBU with a lefty carbon fork. Replaced it with a set of custom built Stan's 355 650B wheelset with Quasi Moto tires 2.1 (see a few posts above). They perform even better IMO. So I would check Craigslist to see if they have any good deals out there. There is also eBay. Good luck. Ride on.

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    Nice bike btw. How do you like that solo fork? Wonder how it compares to the Ultra headshock ? Anyways, I was able to score a set of really nice used Bontrager X lite mtb wheelset from Craigslist which included a set of matching tubeless tires for about $400. The tires were 26 x 2.0 and fit on the 09 BBU was not an issue. They performed flawlessly off road although I did really take them deep into the woods. They were also extremely light considering the footprint was larger than what I was used to. I had just sold them recently due to the fact that I upgraded my BBU with a lefty carbon fork. Replaced it with a set of custom built Stan's 355 650B wheelset with Quasi Moto tires 2.1 (see a few posts above). They perform even better IMO. So I would check Craigslist to see if they have any good deals out there. There is also eBay. Good luck. Ride on.
    Ace, After doing some research , the Bontrager route seems to be a good direction. I really like the stance of your bike on that wheelset. My riding style is similar, I like single track and some woods but not anything extremely technical.

    The fork is good , I like the lockout, the only issue for me is getting confidence in the Kojaks, I think in the summer I will be happier with the level of grip , but I am still going to keep looking for a XC wheelset

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5

    Bad Boy - which version?

    Hi there,
    Which precisely version of the bike I have? I bought a used bike, the frame is strange for me because the cables routing are on the outside. Is this bike are made from different parts with previous user? I have the frame number, can i check on the internet what the model is it?
    I write from Europe, please help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050106.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050101.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050062.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050058.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050047.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050045.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-p1050107.jpg  

    Last edited by kungfiarz; 02-12-2010 at 05:11 AM.

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfiarz
    Hi there,
    Which precisely version of the bike I have? I bought a used bike, the frame is strange for me because the cables routing are on the outside. Is this bike are made from different parts with previous user? I have the frame number, can i check on the internet what the model is it?
    I write from Europe, please help me.
    I can't really help you much with the Euro models. Your best bet is to try sending the frame number to Cannondale Europe in Oldenzaal and see if they can help you.

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAce
    Need pics of that BBS. Lots of good wheelsets and tires out there. What is your budget? That may narrow things down a bit. Custom is also an option depending on if you are a Clydesdale like myself. Ride on.
    Ace, I have been doing some research , I have ordered a set of Schwalbe Marathon Cross tires in the same size as the Kojaks. I will see how I get on with them first. Thanks for all your advice.

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    Hello
    Thanks for help BadBoyNY. I wrote to the customer service and im waiting for a response. My bike model are bad boy ultra or something else?
    What is the opinion about the quality of cannondale bicycles, for example in the confrontation with Scott bikes.

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5

    solution

    Hi,
    I have the answer. Cannondale Europe wrote:
    "Good Afternoon, The Serial number does belong to a 2009, Bad Boy Ultra, size XL, colour matte black."
    Then i wrote back to them
    "Thanks for answer. I have another question. Why in some models BB Ultra cable routing are inside frame and others outside? In my bike, the cables routing are on the outside."
    They answered to me...
    "The only model year with internal cable routing was 2007/2008.
    Cannondale changed back to the external cable routing as it was requested by customers. Cables are much easier and faster to replace if they run along the frame and not through it."

    Whether you believe in it? In my opinion running cables inside is more expensive for them, I do not believe that more people like running cables on the outside.
    Sorry for off topic

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Can someone please tell me what size seat post will fit in a 2009 us spec bad boy ultra? I have a great deal on the table for a 31.6 (370mm?? Long??) thompson elite but I am not certain if this is the correct size. Thanks guys.

  78. #178
    Old goat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    138
    My wife's 2009 BBU has a 31.6" and for length it looks like a 330mm. Frame size M.

  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    Can someone please tell me what size seat post will fit in a 2009 us spec bad boy ultra? I have a great deal on the table for a 31.6 (370mm?? Long??) thompson elite but I am not certain if this is the correct size. Thanks guys.
    I have a Thomson Elite seatpost on my 09 BBUL and it is a 31.6 x 410mm. Ride on.

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    ^^Thanks C_Rex and Ace. Got one on ebay for 31 bucks! Looking to find a saddle and a mid level wireless computer now. Maybe flat bars. Good deals on the bay lately..

  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    ^^Thanks C_Rex and Ace. Got one on ebay for 31 bucks! Looking to find a saddle and a mid level wireless computer now. Maybe flat bars. Good deals on the bay lately..
    Saddles are a personal thing. You just need to make sure you find the one that fits your sit bones comfortably. Make sure you get measured so you can get the right size. I have been riding Koobi saddles since last year and find them to very comfortable for under 50 mile rides. Anything more I go with my trusty Brooks B17 Special. I have wide sit bones so I favor wider saddles.

    For wireless computer, I have the Planet Bike Protege 9.0 on my 09 BBUL. Very nice large display and can be used on different bikes. You will just need to get an extra mount. I also have the Cateye Strada Wireless computer on my road bike. It works well also.

    As far as flat bars, too many out there. I replace the original Cannondale alum bar on my BBUL with a light carbon Sunline V1 flat bar. It has only about 19mm rise to it so it is fairly flat.

    Good luck hunting on eBay. Ride on.

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11

    bbu 2009 euro w fenders and 700x30 tires

    thats my bb ultra 2009 euro, with sks bluemels fenders and schwalbe cx comp 700x30 tires - very slim fit, but it works ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-bb1.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-bb2.jpg  


  83. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Are those zip ties the standard installation method ,or your solution ?

  84. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11

    for some strange reason

    cannondale has decided to manufacture the euro bbu's fatty without the threads for mounting fenders, therefore it is my own solution, yes - a bit ugly, but it works

  85. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smw72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45
    I just test rode a BB Disc and it did not have the fatty solo rigid fork but a regular rigid fork. The bike didn't have the the Schwalbe tires. The bike shop said that they do not come with the fatty solo fork anymore.

    The bike i tested today was not looking like the one in the 2010 catalog or on cannondale's website. I was going to buy the bike if it looked like the one i have researched.

    Is cannondale still shipping this bike with the fatty rigid and schwalbe tires as seen in the catalog or online?

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    261
    it comes with the 3-speed SRAM geared one in Europe, I test rode the bike and I love it. looks great

  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Finally picked up my 09 BBU this weekend. Shop swapped out my saddle for a Fizik Arione for no additional charge. Took her out for a quick spin this morning very fast bike. Saddle was surprisingly comfortable (only a quick mile and a half or so) but we will see how it feels after longer rides. For no extra money its a good opportunity to try out a highly regarded saddle. Also added my Thomson Elite seatpost and got rid of the pedal cages and reflectors. She looks good.

    The only thing that struck me as areas I'd like to change is probably a stem without so much rise and still thinking about a flat handlebar.

  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy222
    Finally picked up my 09 BBU this weekend. Shop swapped out my saddle for a Fizik Arione for no additional charge. Took her out for a quick spin this morning very fast bike. Saddle was surprisingly comfortable (only a quick mile and a half or so) but we will see how it feels after longer rides. For no extra money its a good opportunity to try out a highly regarded saddle. Also added my Thomson Elite seatpost and got rid of the pedal cages and reflectors. She looks good.

    The only thing that struck me as areas I'd like to change is probably a stem without so much rise and still thinking about a flat handlebar.
    pics?

  89. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo US model , it has the Fatty fork and Schwalbe Kojak tires. I have posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

  90. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smw72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have a 2010 Bad Boy Solo US model , it has the Fatty fork and Schwalbe Kojak tires. I have posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.
    Thanks for the reply. I emailed a local shop and this was his answer, "The New ones have the Fatty Ultra R disc fork, which is a rigid fork, and Vittoria tires"

    I really wanted the fatty solo rigid and will keep shopping 'til i find one or i wil be going to another brand.

    EDIT: Just got an email from cannondale and the 2010 bad boy disc does have the solo fatty fork and schwalbe tires. The bikes i have been seeing at the stores are the left overs from 2009.
    Last edited by Smw72; 03-30-2010 at 02:50 PM.

  91. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bombeeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Has anyone with a singlespeed BB changed his rear sprocket?
    If so, to what size and which brand?

  92. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48


    finally got it set up how I wanted. Shifted the seat back to make it a bit more aggressive.
    Feels really quick now. Can't wait for summer and the chance to rack up some decent miles on it.

  93. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mollski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104
    LOOKS AWESOME WHAT WHEELS AND TYERS HAVE YOU GOT RUNNING THERE PLEASE?sorry for caps lock

  94. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool


    finally got it set up how I wanted. Shifted the seat back to make it a bit more aggressive.
    Feels really quick now. Can't wait for summer and the chance to rack up some decent miles on it.
    Looking good, Those tires are going to get dirty soon.

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mollski
    LOOKS AWESOME WHAT WHEELS AND TYERS HAVE YOU GOT RUNNING THERE PLEASE?sorry for caps lock
    Tyres are ContinentalGP2 limited edition white. Wheels were factory fitted. Looking forward to getting them dirty so not quite as bright.

  96. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smw72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45
    I will be able to post a pic of my 2010 bad Boy Disc next week when it arrives. So stoked too be getting this bike.

  97. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by flemingcool


    finally got it set up how I wanted. Shifted the seat back to make it a bit more aggressive.
    Feels really quick now. Can't wait for summer and the chance to rack up some decent miles on it.

    Nice looking ride

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    28
    Attached is Cannondale Bad Boy 8 Ultra from Ukraine with background from my workshop

    can you guys also check my small silly question please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-cimg4191.jpg  


  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smw72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45
    Just got home from the bike shop picking up my new bicycle. The bike looks amazing in person. I need to add my wireless cateye and delete the stickers and reflectors.




  100. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Has anyone successfully installed a cateye micro wireless computer on a BBU with stick 700 wheels? No matter where I mount the sensor I can get it close enough to the pick up on the spoke to get a mph reading. it seems like the wide forks and skinny wheels are fouling everything up... anyone??

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •