Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 800 of 2606
  1. #751
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    I am jealous. I just ordered my 2012 Bad Boy 1 last night and they said it might not arrive until the end of May.

  2. #752
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gus68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    Hey gus do you have any tips on how you converted your badboy to a 26" mtn bike? Did you have to change any of the gearing? What parts did you use?
    Not really, I found a set of wheels on ebay from a seller that came off of a Rush. The rear cassette was a slightly lower gearing but it still fit. I tried to find the same cassette in black but it was impossible. It just took a little tweaking of the cable to get the shifting to be smooth. fortunately the chain was still a good fit. t also bought the same type of rotors so that they matched and would be better for the pads. I saved a considerable amount of money doing it this way as I probably spent about $200 or so in total versus buying a custom made set directly from an LBS. The most difficult thing for me about changing wheels is to get the brakes adjusted properly so they don't rub. It's a bit of a pain.

    BTW sorry about my pictures disappearing, i was changing my flickr page and accidentally deleted everything. I suppose I should go back and redo all my posts, but I'm too lazy at the moment.

  3. #753
    351
    351 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    I like the chrome handlebars, didn't think that I would but It adds a nice touch to it.
    It is a gunmetal like chrome finish so is dark colored, it does look real good.

    I'm going to take more pics when the sun is out. Those pics were taken in my garage in the winter and I had the white balance setting wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by t4prairie View Post
    How do you like the sigma computer? It fits in well with your handlebars.
    The Sigma is great, I like the big numbers and the back lighting and I've had no problems with the wireless signal. It is a little bigger than the cateye but it was on sale and I like saving a buck

  4. #754
    errr...
    Reputation: chase1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    310
    Anyone- What's the widest tire you can put on a Bad Boy 1 ?

  5. #755
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gus68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    The Bad Boy is the perfect bike for big cities. Stealthy, quick, maneuverable, stylistic, attitude.


  6. #756
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gus68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    And when I'm in the mood for something quicker....


  7. #757
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mollski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    104

    Badboy sizeing help?

    hi im 6ft 1 do i go for large or xlarge please ,i always ride a 19inch mountain bike and hate rideing a bike that feels like a boat,anybody help please?

  8. #758
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    I'm 6.3 with a Bad Boy 4 XL 2012, fits perfect for me.
    I had a Cube before, frame size 20" and the bike's averall lenght was the same of my actual BB.
    I think Cannondale XLs frames are not THAT huge...but of course, that's my personal opinion.

  9. #759
    I bike long tyme.
    Reputation: Secace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,099
    I have always loved all my Lefty's but I simply couldn't take the Headshock on my 2009 Ultra anymore. I finally ditched it in place of a 2011 SID RLT Ti which I have found to offer vastly increased small bump sensitivity with the road wheels and way better overall performance when set up as a 26" xc bike. Overall weight difference was only about a 7 ounce gain and the geometry stayed within a degree. And for anyone interested, there is PLENTY of clearance for a 700 inside the SID. Also ditched the factory Avid brakes in place of some Magura Marts SL's. The drivetrain is next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_13139.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_13143.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-img_13142.jpg  

    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

  10. #760
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by 16v View Post
    Ergon GS2s have arrived. Putting them on this weekend
    Ergons are on, can't post photos yet

  11. #761
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gus68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    got the 26 inch set on for a weekend of riding in the mud....



  12. #762
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha All,Greeting's from maui. Just ordered the 2012 badboy 1 .Should be here june 1st, Super stocked to see this badboy thread.My name is jay i go buy mussman69..on most sites..this looks great for badboy info share...bad boys RULE......Aloha mussman69

  13. #763
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Secace View Post
    I have always loved all my Lefty's but I simply couldn't take the Headshock on my 2009 Ultra anymore. I finally ditched it in place of a 2011 SID RLT Ti which I have found to offer vastly increased small bump sensitivity with the road wheels and way better overall performance when set up as a 26" xc bike. Overall weight difference was only about a 7 ounce gain and the geometry stayed within a degree. And for anyone interested, there is PLENTY of clearance for a 700 inside the SID. Also ditched the factory Avid brakes in place of some Magura Marts SL's. The drivetrain is next.
    The SIDs look nice on the BB. I've been looking for a light responsive HT and eventhough I have a BB with rigid carbon fork I never thought about it as a HT. I have to think long and hard about getiting another BB frame and putting my Revelation on it. How do you like it as a 26" HT. I've been eyeing the Santa Cruz Chameleon.

  14. #764
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha , Very sweet bike ...Still waiting for mine aloha mussman69

  15. #765
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    Looks stealthy. Very nice.

  16. #766
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Looks good

  17. #767
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Secace View Post
    ... I finally ditched it in place of a 2011 SID RLT Ti...
    Looks sensational. Wise choice.

  18. #768
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus68 View Post
    got the 26 inch set on for a weekend of riding in the mud.......
    So has it seen mud yet?

  19. #769
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue by you View Post
    here's mine...(getting my post count up! )
    very nice with the white and black

  20. #770
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha out to gus68 you seem to have the badboy scene down. Where you from? bro .. Mahalo
    Last edited by mussman69; 05-10-2012 at 02:10 PM.

  21. #771
    I bike long tyme.
    Reputation: Secace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    The SIDs look nice on the BB. How do you like it as a 26" HT. I've been eyeing the Santa Cruz Chameleon.
    Loving it man. Reminds me of my old (and missed) 2003 F800 with the Lefty. Makes a great xc bike. I'm really digging the SID and glad I switched to it. Huge range of adjustment, has a lockout, smooth as butter once it's broken in, light, and I personally like having the extra travel on the trail over the 80mm Headshock that came factory. And best of all, my 120mm travel SID only slackened out the geometry by about 20mm (roughly one degree) which was fine by me. Those DLR-80 Headshock units and Fatty forks have a pretty long axle to crown for the travel they offer.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

  22. #772
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gus68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by mussman69 View Post
    Aloha out to gus68 you seem to have the badboy scene down. Where you from? bro .. Mahalo
    Near Chicago. West of it actually. Do a lot of my riding in the Illinois Prairie Path which is an old converted rail line form the 1950's. Pretty flat but nice. When I was in the market for a new bike, I went to my favorite LBS and happened to see the BB and was hooked when they told me how easy it was to swap 700 and 26. I think I also started a trend with the foldable lock from Abbus. I've seen at least two others who have one now. I take it off to save weight when I ride since I don't tend to leave the bike unattended. It's a nice compact strong lock that looks stealthy and easy to mount on the bike.

    Anyway, I'm a huge BB fan.

  23. #773
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11
    These are some nice bikes....

    I have a question for all u bad boy owners, I have a 2012 bad boy solo rigid (1.5 steerer) was wondering what kind of stems would fit? Would the standard 1.5 stems from say "Thomson" fit? Or am I limited only to cannondale replacement stems?

    Thanks in advance for the help

  24. #774
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    I own a 2010 Cannondale bad boy 700c which is fully customed.After all the changes that i've made the total weight of the bike right now is 6.970 kg.More details below:

    1. Rear derailleur: Shimano dura ace
    2. Chain:kmc x10sl
    3. Cassette: token alloy 23-11 (102grams)
    4. Shifters: Shimano sl-r770.
    5. Fork: Ritchey wcs carbon disk(475 grams)
    6. Flatbar schmolke carbon tlo (73 grams).
    7. Stem: Extralite roadstem oc 110mm.
    8. Seatpost: Schmolke carbon tlo seatpost (96 grams).
    9. Saddle:Specialized s works toupe carbon saddle(113 grams).
    10.Wheels: Corima winium carbon tubular, dt swiss 240s disk hubs,sapim cx ray spokes.
    11.Brakes: Formula r1 carbon.
    12.Quick release: Carbon ti (36 grams).
    13.Pedals: Crankbrothers eggbeater 11.
    14.Grips: Extralite (18 grams).
    15.Seatpost clamp: Carbon ti, 8 grams.
    16. All brake caliper and rotor screws were replaced with titanium ones in gold color, while all the others which do not suffer much stress were replaced with alluminum ones in gold color also.
    17.Veloflex extreme tubular tires.
    18.Bottle cage: Btp carbon-aramid 4.5 grams.
    19.Front derailleur: Shimano xtr 970 (soon to be replaced by a dura ace front derailleur).
    20.Crankset: Clavicula dp with specialite.ta 44/32 (all together with bottom bracket weigh 500 grams)

  25. #775
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    73
    Hi, there, two more posts and you can post pictures! I'm chiming in just to suggest, since the rest is weight optimized to the max, that you try 11 speed KMC chain and save considerable grams.
    In my experience it shifts just as well as the 10 speed and is even quieter.

  26. #776
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha Gus68 sounds like a cool place to ride the badboy, My last bike was a cdale raven one of the earlier year;s pretty sweet but i was in more of a downhill phase and crashed alot. Gave up biking till now.Living in maui ,bike weather is year round .And gas is around $5,00 a gal thought i would get a kick ass commuter .Love the Stealthy looks of the bb .And sounds like you can mix it up a bit with upgrades.Hope everone is out riding....Aloha mussman69

  27. #777
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    I own a 2010 Cannondale bad boy 700c which is fully customed.After all the changes that i've made the total weight of the bike right now is 6.970 kg.More details below:

    1. Rear derailleur: Shimano dura ace
    2. Chain:kmc x10sl
    3. Cassette: token alloy 23-11 (102grams)
    4. Shifters: Shimano sl-r770.
    5. Fork: Ritchey wcs carbon disk(475 grams)
    6. Flatbar schmolke carbon tlo (73 grams).
    7. Stem: Extralite roadstem oc 110mm.
    8. Seatpost: Schmolke carbon tlo seatpost (96 grams).
    9. Saddle:Specialized s works toupe carbon saddle(113 grams).
    10.Wheels: Corima winium carbon tubular, dt swiss 240s disk hubs,sapim cx ray spokes.
    11.Brakes: Formula r1 carbon.
    12.Quick release: Carbon ti (36 grams).
    13.Pedals: Crankbrothers eggbeater 11.
    14.Grips: Extralite (18 grams).
    15.Seatpost clamp: Carbon ti, 8 grams.
    16. All brake caliper and rotor screws were replaced with titanium ones in gold color, while all the others which do not suffer much stress were replaced with alluminum ones in gold color also.
    17.Veloflex extreme tubular tires.
    18.Bottle cage: Btp carbon-aramid 4.5 grams.
    19.Front derailleur: Shimano xtr 970 (soon to be replaced by a dura ace front derailleur).
    20.Crankset: Clavicula dp with specialite.ta 44/32 (all together with bottom bracket weigh 500 grams)
    Here are some pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-411136_10151555308730577_316873285576_23731756_1696429985_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-412616_10151556369165577_316873285576_23734801_1359032983_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-459973_10151555308420577_316873285576_23731754_347619877_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-461476_10151556368335577_316873285576_23734799_588970441_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-462805_10151556414565577_316873285576_23734926_1306363047_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-462910_10151555308975577_316873285576_23731757_296745556_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-467009_10151556367840577_316873285576_23734794_629762434_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-467903_10151555306665577_316873285576_23731749_243249208_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-470439_10151555299840577_316873285576_23731730_983389964_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-470714_10151555318360577_316873285576_23731784_1921152752_o.jpg  

    Last edited by Erhar; 05-11-2012 at 11:55 PM.

  28. #778
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    And some more:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-471207_10151555318610577_316873285576_23731785_5864864_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-473230_10151556413965577_316873285576_23734922_739211096_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-475108_10151555318910577_316873285576_23731787_533897443_o.jpg  

    Post Your Bad Boy!-477484_10151555319235577_316873285576_23731788_2027588160_o.jpg  


  29. #779
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha ,Nice light weight badboy...looks really fast..Let us know how she rides..Mahalo

  30. #780
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha ,That looks like a sweet tool bench..is that you're LBS or other...mahalo for all the pic's

  31. #781
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    It's my mechanics store. Together we've planned all the changes of this extraordinary bike which is now faster than many carbon road bikes. There are still yet to come though.

  32. #782
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    73
    A magnificicent presentation! Keep us up to date with the future changes, please.

  33. #783
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Secace View Post
    I have always loved all my Lefty's but I simply couldn't take the Headshock on my 2009 Ultra anymore. I finally ditched it in place of a 2011 SID RLT Ti which I have found to offer vastly increased small bump sensitivity with the road wheels and way better overall performance when set up as a 26" xc bike. Overall weight difference was only about a 7 ounce gain and the geometry stayed within a degree. And for anyone interested, there is PLENTY of clearance for a 700 inside the SID. Also ditched the factory Avid brakes in place of some Magura Marts SL's. The drivetrain is next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    It's my mechanics store. Together we've planned all the changes of this extraordinary bike which is now faster than many carbon road bikes. There are still yet to come though.
    Wow that's a great ride but I see one glaring problem ... it's a prime candidate for theft. I suppose you probably wouldn't leave it locked up to some pole, out of sight. I know I wouldn't. Again, nice setup.

  34. #784
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha, Anyone do any rides this weekend on there BadBoy's......

  35. #785
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    Wow that's a great ride but I see one glaring problem ... it's a prime candidate for theft. I suppose you probably wouldn't leave it locked up to some pole, out of sight. I know I wouldn't. Again, nice setup.
    I never leave it out of my sight, when it's out of my house i always ride it!!

  36. #786
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    wow, that bike is badass

  37. #787
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Yeah! I can post photos now

    2012 Bad Boy 5 on delivery day in late March


    2012 Bad Boy 5 last weekend


    Needs more carbon!



  38. #788
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha, Nice badboy 5 what kind of hand grips are those. They look like specialized.

  39. #789
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Howdy~ they are Ergon GS2 (grip/bar end combo)

  40. #790
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha , checked them out online. Say's you can't use with carbon bars..what'sup with that.Are they comfy? they seem to be ergonomic..

  41. #791
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    73
    @16v: lovely Boy! I think new for 2012 is the fork - would you mind posting some detailed pictures of it from different angles? Also, the top cap of the steering tube looks interesting - is it original?
    Many happy rides!

  42. #792
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    225
    @Ehar, Your bike looks great man!
    For me the only thing I would change is a flat black paint job on the front fork, but thats just my preference. I am pretty amazed how light you got this.

    On a side note my Fusion 3 tubeless blew out on the Crest 29er, Chris King wheels. I was sitting at work and heard a huge bang. Front tire is still going well and Hutchinson's Rich Goodwin has been in contact and so far great to deal with. Not sure if this is going to be a working combo, but I hope it is cuz they did ride super awesome. Like Tubulars!

    Anyone get a Stan's Raven 700X35 on this bike? I am curious as this might be my second option if I can get it to fit. I think I will build up a road race bike for the skinny's .

    Some real nice bikes I am seeing

  43. #793
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by giantdale View Post
    @16v: lovely Boy! I think new for 2012 is the fork - would you mind posting some detailed pictures of it from different angles? Also, the top cap of the steering tube looks interesting - is it original?
    Many happy rides!
    here's a few of the fork and the controls











  44. #794
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    73
    Excellent pictures, thank you for your effort!

  45. #795
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Aloha , Bike looks good, nice pics .I didn't know the bar and stem are one part .Is that norm? Get those miles up Aloha

  46. #796
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    I just joined this forum and I have a 2012 Bad Boy 1 coming in first week of June. I am very excited to say the least.

    I wanted to take my 3 year old son along on rides on the weekends and was wondering what child seat other members were using. I would greatly appreciate if you could post some pics as well. Reviews and recommendations would be a great plus

    Thank you.

  47. #797
    16v
    16v is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mussman69 View Post
    Aloha , Bike looks good, nice pics .I didn't know the bar and stem are one part .Is that norm?
    that's the OPI setup C'dale used

  48. #798
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35

    Good job!

    Aloha mutlu, I'am waiting for my new BB1 as well, should have it june 1, Can't wait.I found this thread 3 weeks ago and i'am really stoked..Sorry can't help with the kids seat .As i have none that i know about.......I finally got my posts up so my pic's will be up soon enough..Hope to see your's as well

  49. #799
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    @Ehar, Your bike looks great man!
    For me the only thing I would change is a flat black paint job on the front fork, but thats just my preference. I am pretty amazed how light you got this.
    Thank you very much for your comments.
    We're thinking of making the fork black matte colored, we'll see. Right now my main priorities are:
    a)Front derailleur, get a dura ace instead of the xtr and save about 50 grams.
    b)Cables-housing.
    c)Decision about the hubs, am i keeping the dt 240s or go for something more exotic and light?
    Anyway i'll keep you informed.

  50. #800
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhar View Post
    Thank you very much for your comments.
    We're thinking of making the fork black matte colored, we'll see. Right now my main priorities are:
    a)Front derailleur, get a dura ace instead of the xtr and save about 50 grams.
    b)Cables-housing.
    c)Decision about the hubs, am i keeping the dt 240s or go for something more exotic and light?
    Anyway i'll keep you informed.

    Please do as I am pretty curious.

    For me I think I will stick with teh 2X9 setup but might change the rear derailer and likely front as it was the original tripple. Works ok but not perfect.

    I am about 10Kg and I doubt I can drop it much more.
    Are the DT 240 ligjhter than the kings by much? Where do you think you lost the most weight. I think for me it was the wheel.

    Oh one last question how do you find that crank? is it flexy or strong?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •