Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
    EJ
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPinoy
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to a pic. I just finished pinstriping the wheels a few minutes ago. Sorry for the quality, it's was taken from my iPhone.

Nice red!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddieUltra
    Yeah..thats cool! Difficult? Like if you dont have surgeon hands?
    Need to get my hands on the Ultra Solo fork as well. Anyone know if you can purchase? Or is it only coming with the bike at this time? Cheers.-J

You know not realy difficult. I used the edge of the wheel to line up. Im a prefectionist so I'm always hard on myself about things as it is. Plus with only $5.99 invested in the stripes and 40 feet of strip to work with, I figured what the hell. My most chalenging part of it was deciding what color to use for the stripes.. LoL...Now that was a pain!

I would like to get my hands on a carbon lefty for if one is out. Not sure if these solo forks are available for our bikes though.

Does anyone know where I can get parts for this like red hubs, cranks, etc? TIA

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    couldnt help myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-getattachment.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddieUltra
    couldnt help myself.

Lol. I guess if you stay up in Canada and I remain in Sacramento we should be good. i was looking at the camo on the decal and wondered if you ever considered a matte silver to compliment the color? My original thought for mine was to go with a black reflective to match my decals but the shop didn't have it. I seen them on line but I hate having to order stuff like this without seeing it in person.

mtbr member

Before some minor changes, ditched chainguard, CB pedals and a nicer saddle
    --
    Suit you sir!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Lol. I guess if you stay up in Canada and I remain in Sacramento we should be good. i was looking at the camo on the decal and wondered if you ever considered a matte silver to compliment the color? My original thought for mine was to go with a black reflective to match my decals but the shop didn't have it. I seen them on line but I hate having to order stuff like this without seeing it in person.
    Yeah its a weird camo. Desert brown/tan. You hardly see it during daylight hours so seeing the red set me off. Reminds me of hot wheels. Your safe for now as a baby just arrived leaving me poor. hehe. Soo no travel for awhile.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I am looking to purchase a Bad Boy with front shock. I have found both a 2009 Bad Boy Ultra and a 2010 Bad Boy Solo. There is also the Quick CX Ultra model which seems similar as well but comes with a more hybrid versus road tire.

How do these three compare? Other than the fork, the specs only show some minor differences between them here in the USA (crank, rear derailler, seat, rims, tires). I don't know which one to choose!

Would appreciate any comments.
    Last edited by rush1967; 07-20-2010 at 06:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rush1967
    I am looking to purchase a Bad Boy with front shock. I have found both a 2009 Bad Boy Ultra and a 2010 Bad Boy Solo. There is also the Quick CX Ultra model which seems similar as well but comes with a more hybrid versus road tire.

How do these three compare? Other than the fork, the specs only show some minor differences between them here in the USA (crank, rear derailler, seat, rims, tires). I don't know which one to choose!

Would appreciate any comments.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and I'm not very familiar with the other model. The Solo for me has been quite nice to ride and complete strangers, non bike riders, have made comments about the solo. The only thing I really did was get a Easton Monkeylite XC Riser Bar. Gives me about 1.5" from the standard .5" rise the bike came with. It lifts my posture up for more comfort. I did take the Quick for a spin as well and it felt more upright from the get go than the BB Solo. The deciding factor for me was the suspension on the Solo. I will admit that the look of the solo got me hooked too. Ive been looking at the bike for a while and had to do it.

One thing i am finding hard is that local shops rarely if any, don't carry parts for it and I'm having to go on-line for most if not all. This post probably doesn't help but make sure you take your time and rise a few before you commit.

Good Luck

mtbr member
    hi im 6ft 1 what size frame should i get large or xlarge? got to order the weekend

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    some update from Ukraine. rocking spring and summer on nice and shiny BBU

BB riders are big fans of ergon barends and grips, eh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-croco1.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-croco2.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-croco3.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-croco4.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-croco5s.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-croco6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mollski
    hi im 6ft 1 what size frame should i get large or xlarge? got to order the weekend
    Your the same height as me and the LARGE frame will be perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi, I'm going to purchase a Bad Boy but I can't decide if I want the '10 Solo which has the suspension or the '10 Disc without suspension. There's a $425 difference in price so I'm wondering if it's worth getting the Solo with suspension ? I did have my heart set on getting the Solo and I think if I didn't get I always be wondering what if.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rideronthestorm
    Hi, I'm going to purchase a Bad Boy but I can't decide if I want the '10 Solo which has the suspension or the '10 Disc without suspension. There's a $425 difference in price so I'm wondering if it's worth getting the Solo with suspension ? I did have my heart set on getting the Solo and I think if I didn't get I always be wondering what if.
    I have the '10 Solo, the suspension is a nice too have , especially living in New York City, but for bike paths and rail trails I have it locked out most of the time.

So , it's horses for courses, depends on the sort of riding you are going to do and if you think the extra dollars are worth it. Plus the Lefty with Headshok looks cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    I have the '10 Solo, the suspension is a nice too have , especially living in New York City, but for bike paths and rail trails I have it locked out most of the time.

So , it's horses for courses, depends on the sort of riding you are going to do and if you think the extra dollars are worth it. Plus the Lefty with Headshok looks cool.
    I ride in San Francisco, so I might be bombing down some hills and it would help. Anyone got a link to the geometry of the bikes, there isn't anything posted on the Cannondale website. It looks from the pictures I've seen that the Solo has a slacker head angle then the Disc. Yeah, I know with the suspension compressed on the Solo the angle would change but it doesn't look like much. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    also thinking of picking up a BB Disc this week. every other model in my size is sold out in my area, and nobody is sure when the 2011 models will be out (a couple months from now I've heard).

wondering if i can add a lefty headshok down the line to the current BB Disc. been searching on the web to see if that's even possible and can't find anyone anywhere that sells a matte black lefty headshok. any help or advice? thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedbill
    also thinking of picking up a BB Disc this week. every other model in my size is sold out in my area, and nobody is sure when the 2011 models will be out (a couple months from now I've heard).

wondering if i can add a lefty headshok down the line to the current BB Disc. been searching on the web to see if that's even possible and can't find anyone anywhere that sells a matte black lefty headshok. any help or advice? thanks!
    Depending on how long you want to wait but the new 2011 Bad Boy Solo is going to have a really nice hydroformed alloy Lefty on it ..I saw this at the Cannondale Park City launch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    Depending on how long you want to wait but the new 2011 Bad Boy Solo is going to have a really nice hydroformed alloy Lefty on it ..I saw this at the Cannondale Park City launch.
    hmm, anybody got pics of the 2011 BB models?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks bro! It cost all of $5.99 for the pinstripe kit at a local auto parts store.
    Im going to do the same! Please allow me to replicate in blk/wht

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Now....Before the pin strip treatment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    hi

my current setup,BB disc 2008 with a Mavic Speedcity wheelset, ergon grips
    i also change the stock saddle for a brooks B17 (not shown)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

How do i get my Bad Boy lighter?

hi all... i have 2010 Bad Boy... Rigid Fork, 700c, V-Brake model... and i have a question about upgrading the bike and making it lighter for commuting. I know i want to switch the fork out to a carbon fork, but can't figure out what kind of forks i should be looking at. Since my bike has 700c wheels, should i be looking at Road Forks? Do do they have carbon road forks that allow v-brakes? should i be looking at MTB Forks? but will the v-brake line up with the braking surface on the 700c wheel? little confused on this one...

also on my list of upgrades... new riser bars, seat post, seat and a new wheelset...

what did you guys do to upgrade and/or get your Bad Boy lighter?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-cannondalebadboy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Jeffq7396, Whats the current weight of your bad boy? Is is all stock components?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    hbpatel...

yes... all stock... so i'm thinking close to 25 pounds...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hi, is it possible to buy one of the lefty forks? I can only really afford the Bad Boy (regular) but if the fork is reasonably priced, I'd like to replaced the standard fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

lefty forks

Hi all, I'm currently looking to pick up new hybrid next month. it was between the Bady Boy ultra 2010 and the Giant seek 0.

the seek looks beautiful, but looks like a 35 profile tyre is the fatest it can go, so I'm now back looking at the bad boy. But i wanted to ask about the lefty fork. It looks worrying to me!

I'm a pretty chunky guy and I just have visions of it collapsing sideways when dropping off a curb or hitting a pothole. What do people who have it think of it? Does it seem pretty solid and what sort of abuse have you put it through?

I'm really torn between the two pikes at the moment, as i'd like to run pretty fat road tyres and the Giant just can't do it (but it looks so damn sexy!), plus I'm not going to be able to afford two bikes so the versatility of the badboy seems pretty ideal, but the fork just freaks me out!

Would love to hear your opinions.

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast