Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I would also second that why would you even go with Cdale wheels? They are junk in comparison to pretty much anything else. I got myself a pair of chris king hubs now being builts on Stan's ZTR Crest 29er Rims that will all be black, running tubeless. Checking the shimanno hubs and the rims that came with the bike I found one hub already having issues, and the rims where just cheap.

In short the Bboy has a great frame and fork, but a lot of the parts that come with it truly rob the bike of its potential. 5 years ago before everyone was on this carbon kick people would have killed for frames of this quality.

mtbr member
    Well I started with my LBS and they are the ones who keep blaming it on Cannondale. They said the rims are Suns and they need to order the same cassette and discs. Not sure why the delay is being blamed on Cannondale. I would think one of the LBS would have suggested building a better tire set. I'll circle back with them and try to do as you suggest. Thanks for the feed back.

Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I would also say that you should build your own wheel-set - especially if it's a 26" there's a big variety in the market and i also think you can get more (or better) for the same money you would spent for the CD wheels! My first aftermarket wheel-set was Mavic 317 rims with Novatec hubs (not sure if these are available in the US market!) for less than 200 bucks new! Now i have the ZTR Olympic rims and still looking for nice hubs!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey Gus,

Have you tried Chain Reaction, I bought a nice set of custom Hope hubs with Mavic. So nice and cost only $450 delivered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have been looking at the Bad Boys for about 2 years. I ended up passing on one in the spring of 2010 and getting a Cannondale F5 instead. The problem is that since I have had the F5 I have not done a stitch of trail riding. I Have been back on the Bad Boy kick for about a month now and I finally went to my LBS the other day to see if they had any (of course they didn't). I was close to pulling the trigger on a Quick CX, but left with nothing. When I got home I gave them a call and asked if it would be possible to order one of the bad boys...they guy took my name and number and said he would give me a call back within 30 min. He called me back in about 10 min and said that they could get me a new 2012 Bad Boy if I was interested in ordering one, but it wouldn't be in until the end of Aug. Today I went in and put my deposit down on my base model 2012 Bad Boy and when he called and place the order he said it would probably be in by Mid Aug!! I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I get my hands on it...can't wait!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by acemics4 View Post
    I have been looking at the Bad Boys for about 2 years. I ended up passing on one in the spring of 2010 and getting a Cannondale F5 instead. The problem is that since I have had the F5 I have not done a stitch of trail riding. I Have been back on the Bad Boy kick for about a month now and I finally went to my LBS the other day to see if they had any (of course they didn't). I was close to pulling the trigger on a Quick CX, but left with nothing. When I got home I gave them a call and asked if it would be possible to order one of the bad boys...they guy took my name and number and said he would give me a call back within 30 min. He called me back in about 10 min and said that they could get me a new 2012 Bad Boy if I was interested in ordering one, but it wouldn't be in until the end of Aug. Today I went in and put my deposit down on my base model 2012 Bad Boy and when he called and place the order he said it would probably be in by Mid Aug!! I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I get my hands on it...can't wait!
    Any difference in price from 2011 to 2012? I'm considering a lefty BB but am not sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swimman View Post
    Any difference in price from 2011 to 2012? I'm considering a lefty BB but am not sure.
    Mine is the 2012 Base, I think it is called the Bad Boy 9...my price was $730. I think he said the next one was the lefty with no headshock and was around $1000 and the ultra was around $1300.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

bad boy 2012

Hi there,
    are U living in the US? Does your LBS have a website?
    With kind regards,
    Ian

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hi, I thought I'd share what I found

Here is the speclist for the 2012 Bad Boy 9
    http://www.bikelab.co.nz/products/bi...bad-boy-9.html

Here you can find the specs of a lot of 2012 Cannondales (including some other Bad Boys):
    http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Go...=1920&bih=1081

EU models and prices can be found here (apparantly there are going to be 2012 Bad Girls as well):
    http://www.cameleonbike.com/uploads/...prijslijst.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I wish they would make a full carbon BBoy with some serious kit. Its a bloody shame C'dale makes such great frames but loads them with crap components (or mediocre). There should be a whole custom solution where you can choose your parts IMHO.

At moment I am itchy for my new wheels to be ready, and for the black valve stems to find there way here, and the tubeless kit. Having a hard time getting the right 25mm tubeless tires here in Germany though. For the ZTR Crest 29er rims the smallest one can go is 25mm and so far only the Hutchinson Intensive seem to fit that profile. Just incase anyone was interested :-)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I really liked the look of the concept Bad Boy that c/dale showed at some trade expo, the one with the electric gear change and what not................... maybe I should find a picture, might be easier than trying to describe it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    @(807) Recordings: But if CD would offer a custom solution where you can choose your parts - what would we do? I really love to modify my bad boy - it would be kind of boring if everybody could buy a custom solution - or?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Ok so I damaged my chainring this weekend while camping this weekend. I have the factory setup, FSA 48/36/26. I'm thinking of just replacing it with the standard 48t, 4 bolt ring but I figure this is my opportunity to upgrade. What are you guys running? I do mainly road riding, very little off road. I've got a 2010 BB Solo bynthe way. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What do you think, I finally put 700x26 tires/wheels on my 07 Cannondale f4, does it count as a Bad Boy look a like. Just need to change the the crankset to more road friendly, maybe not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by micel3 View Post
    @(807) Recordings: But if CD would offer a custom solution where you can choose your parts - what would we do? I really love to modify my bad boy - it would be kind of boring if everybody could buy a custom solution - or?
    Well it would at least be nice if you could order some stuff like the lefty fork, or opt out of the cheap shimano or SRAM parts. However this is the same problem from pretty much any company that builds bikes. For e.g. I would and have been considering a Scalpel 29er if they sort that out correctly, but I would not want DT hubs and would either want Industry 9 or Kings again.

For my BBoy I would have liked the option to have had Formula brakes or the King setup I built.

BTW new wheels should be built and I just need to wait on my tires and Stan's sealant.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hey jeepseahawk, i like the look of your bike! Also the colour is nice! Is it a grey?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by micel3 View Post
    Hey jeepseahawk, i like the look of your bike! Also the colour is nice! Is it a grey?
    It's white, always wanted a bad boy but think my f4 is the same but different color. In 2007 the components are identical for both bikes, just don't know if the frame geometry is the same.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I swapped the tires for some double fighter 2's off of a cannondale quick cx3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326537.845769.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326593.180570.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Very cool F4, what kind of wheels did you use?

[QUOTE=jeepseahawk;8302377]What do you think, I finally put 700x26 tires/wheels on my 07 Cannondale f4, does it count as a Bad Boy look a like. Just need to change the the crankset to more road friendly, maybe not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    [QUOTE=cvicto;8313491]Very cool F4, what kind of wheels did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepseahawk View Post
    What do you think, I finally put 700x26 tires/wheels on my 07 Cannondale f4, does it count as a Bad Boy look a like. Just need to change the the crankset to more road friendly, maybe not.
    They are used set that I bought on ebay, sunringle equalizer 29er with xt hubs. So far I like them, pushing the tire size at 700-26 though, should get 28mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Beautiful bike, see you went single speed, what gear ratio did you use? I use 46-16 on my old cannondale and it seems to work great on flats or small hills for my skinny legs.

Quote Originally Posted by tim_w_sage View Post

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

2003 1fg badboy

Hey I just recently aquiried a 2003 1FG Badboy frame and fork and was wondering if i can convert it to a 9 speed badboy and paint it matte black any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_0787.jpg  

2007 Cannondale F3

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    yes, you can - no big problem! But i have to say that i also like the look of the silver frame - it's something different but very nice! I would let it silver but if you know someone who can annodize - this could be also an idea!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

WTB your BB Solo wheelset

I currently have a 2010 BB solo. I just put together an offroad wheelset and now on to the next project. I have the quick release hub and want to have a qheel built for it. i dont want to buy anything aftermarket casue i would like to keep it factory with the exception of the hub. Im looking to buy a wheel from anyone elses BB Solo from anyone who has recently swapped theres out. If you have one please let me know asap. TIA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_w_sage View Post
    very cool

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New BB (new to me) owner here!

What's up guys and gals! My first post, woohoo! I just recently became a BadBoy addict and I stumbled in this forum so I figured why not ask away w/ a few ? But first off, I must say that there are some sick lookin BadBoys in here!

Anyway, mine is a 2010 v-brake fatty rigid fork model. I seriously love ridin it in the streets of NYC but I would also really like to take it off-road here and there. My question is- what would be the best (not too expensive as in $300 or <) wheelset I can put on my BB where I would not have to adjust the brakes and that can take 700x38c tires (or fatter if it there's enough clearance), and is tough enough to take some small jumps? Or am I asking for too much for such wheels? Oh, and some quick release skewers and 8sp cassette compatible as well, heheh.

TIA, and sorry no pic as per 10 rule post.

mtbr member
    Got this 2003 bad boy off of Craigslist for $300, rigid fork and v brakes. I been using it for off road stuff, was curious if this model can accept a fox racing fork or some type of front suspension other than a headshock.

" width="549">
    Last edited by jesspal; 08-12-2011 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    sure can just need a reducer kit. check ebay they have them for sale all the time. HERE you go
    2007 Cannondale F3

mtbr member
    Do I need a reducer if it is already 1 1/8" headset?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I sorry i just assume you had a headshok, and you no you will not need that reducer just start shopping. I am about to get my DLR80 rebuilt; if it does not last long and i have to get it rebuilt again i will be needing that reducer kit myself.
    2007 Cannondale F3

mtbr member
    Really been enjoying getting into cycling this summer. So much so, that in addition to my bad boy I got last year, I decided to get a road bike too. I got a 2010 Giant Defy Advanced 2 and I have to say it is a fast ride. I thought the bad boy was great coming off a 15 year old mountain bike but boy what a difference. Granted, I put 700x38 on my bad boy so I could ride limestone trails and such. I would post a pick of my giant but it would ruin this dedicated bad boy thread. Just wanted to share with everyone. If you'd like to see the Giant, the link is here.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

My 2006 Bad Boy Ultra

New Guy here, first post. I have been browsing through this thread and I must say there are some great looking BB's out there. I recently bought mine on Craigslist a month ago for $500. It is my first road/mtb ever; been riding BMX since I was young. Damn I love this bike for its speed and looks. I commute 18 miles round trip daily but it doesn't seem like it because of how much I enjoy riding the BB. Here are my before and after pics. It's still a work in progress though............. Well I guess since I am new to this forum I cant upload pics until my post count is 10 or greater. Dammit!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Took my badboy out for a 20 mile ride today, here are a few pics

IMG_3455 by tim_w_sage, on Flickr

IMG_3453 by tim_w_sage, on Flickr

mtbr member
    nice!

mtbr member
    Tim what size tires are you running? are the 700x38? if so do you find the spacing near the bottom bracket to be too close? On mine there's only a few milimeters and if the path is wet and I pick up a lot of limestone, it catches a lot of debris.

mtbr member
    Installed a 2 bike rack in my garage to keep the bikes off the floor and away from harm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus68 View Post
    Tim what size tires are you running? are the 700x38? if so do you find the spacing near the bottom bracket to be too close? On mine there's only a few milimeters and if the path is wet and I pick up a lot of limestone, it catches a lot of debris.
    The tires are actually 37c but I have a ton of room around them (roughly .5 to.75 inch) I have not had any trouble with debris.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just got the call from my LBS that my new 2012 Cannondale Bad Boy 9 was just delivered. They should be putting it together in the next day or 2. I will try to post some pics as soon as I get it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by acemics View Post
    I just got the call from my LBS that my new 2012 Cannondale Bad Boy 9 was just delivered. They should be putting it together in the next day or 2. I will try to post some pics as soon as I get it.
    I picked up my Bad Boy 9 earlier today. Loving it so far. I'll try to get some decent pics soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Great commuter! I have an old F500 that I want to turn into something similar, but very stripped, single speed, rigid fork etc. Any advice on forks (and adapters) I guess?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Update:

- Fizik Antares K:ium Fi 2011
    - Schwalbe Durano 1.10
    - Knogg lights ( black & white )

Still in love with my bike and with the new tires is has a smoother ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-img_1225.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_1226.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-img_1227.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Chris King ISO Stan's Crest 29er, Hutchinson Intensive

So finally got the wheels today laced with my Stan's Crest 29er rims and Chris King hubs. Going to get them re-laced in a few months with black nipples though as that was a slight error.

Either way here they are on the Hutchinson Intensive Tube"less" wheels. So far they ride just wicked awesome, but next week when I get them re-trued I will know more. All thats left for this guy is some Formula brakes and the Tune Speed Needle and X-10 shifters. Will go short cage and maybe a road cassette also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Bad Boy!-intensives-black-valve.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-king-back.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-king-front.jpg  

Post Your Bad Boy!-bad-boy-stans-king.jpg  

Geordie biker

mines now wearing a rack and bag, gel saddle and grips..........love this bike.
    2014 milage so far - 2,485
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by (807) Recordings View Post
    So finally got the wheels today laced with my Stan's Crest 29er rims and Chris King hubs. Going to get them re-laced in a few months with black nipples though as that was a slight error.

Either way here they are on the Hutchinson Intensive Tube"less" wheels. So far they ride just wicked awesome, but next week when I get them re-trued I will know more. All thats left for this guy is some Formula brakes and the Tune Speed Needle and X-10 shifters. Will go short cage and maybe a road cassette also.
    Cost ? Weight savings ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gefell View Post
    Cost ? Weight savings ?

Thanks
    Cost is over the 600 euro mark and that was with some really good prices on the King hubs.
    You can likely add 200 to that with out the deals or more.

In regards to weight I have not measured it but when I lifted the wheels I can say it was like nothing. Compared to the old crap wheels which you had to "lift" these are like air. The tires of course are lighter the the Ultremo DD as they have no tubes.

BTW anyone know why I post and can't find my posts in the forum, but only from a direct link on the email notice??????
    MSG board messed up or something?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Sjeord I love that white Bboy and often thought I would love to do a Rohloff version with chrome hub and white wheels. Looks tight!!

mtbr member
    Sweet looking ride Sjoerd!!

mtbr member
    Damn, I stretched out the spring on the bottom ring of my shock boot cover trying to reseat it. Now I guess I have to use those ugly zip ties. The LBS doesn't have any of those springs and recommends zip ties anyway. Of course it's the simplest option, but it doesn't look anywhere near as nice or neat as those springs. Anyone know where or how to get the springs? Probably a pain to install since I assume you have to take off the fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

'11 Cannondale Bad Boy Solo HS

Would love to post the pics of my Bad Boy, but it seems as though I'll need to make 9 more posts.. This may take a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by subjectZero View Post
    Would love to post the pics of my Bad Boy, but it seems as though I'll need to make 9 more posts.. This may take a few weeks.
    This !

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast