Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 436
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Sweet looking bike. I'm thinking about stepping up and getting a 2012 Cannondale Flash 2 Alloy 29'er Hardtail.

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    205
    My first 29er, sure I've made a right choice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_2091a.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_2073a.jpg  


  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    My first 29er, sure I've made a right choice!
    Picture perfect bike dude!

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    203
    Sweet!!!

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    96

    my scalpel

    at last its here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-1884f3a15e5dea7e1329206757.jpeg  


  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by MathNerd View Post
    Nice picture! How do you like the bike? I'm still trying to decide between the F1 or F2.
    thanks, I'm loving the bike so far, haven't had a chance to hop on the F1 myself but I haven't changed/broken much yet

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by jan vb View Post
    at last its here
    Wow you really should of left the monarch on there, I think its tons better than any rp23 ive had.

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    575
    Love those Scalpels! This is my Flash Carbon 29er. Forgot to take a photo while it was clean, damnit! They never get that clean again....


  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    176
    My upgrade from my 2007 Rush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-dosniner.jpg  


  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BoostN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    708
    'tis a nice bit of kit..... Somehow I can't get over the huge wheels...
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

  11. #211
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    @ jan:
    Why did u change the front wheel on the scalpel 2?

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    96
    no real reason
    it is the wheel that sits in my flash normally
    i just wanted to try the bike in a hury. the ztr wassnt assembled yet.(disc)
    and the crossmax is tubeless ive got the valve stem for the ztr on order..

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    Very nice bikes, I'm looking into getting one of these.

  14. #214
    Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,877
    Here is my Cannondale 29er again.... all finished up and ready for 2012 with some brand new parts

    Full Shimano SLX 10 speed driveline, Avid Elixer R brakes, Rock Shox Recon Gold TK fork with Enduro seals, DT Swiss wheels, Thomson post and stem, Niner Flat Top bar, WTB saddle, Maxxis rubber....

    Not a stock park on this machine....













    Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    Very nice, must have a lot of money invested in your bike lol

  16. #216
    Just Ride
    Reputation: Cormac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack View Post
    Not a stock park on this machine....
    Except the frame. Nice bike! I have the same bike only it's a '11 in silver and all stock

    Except the grips, pedals and soon brakes.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,471

    Flash 1

    I keep thinking I want to go back to full suspension, but every time I ride one, I just want to be back on my hardtail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-flash-pics-006.jpg  


  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    525
    no pics of mine yet, but 2010 Flash carbon with the stans race wheels... thought I had fancy wheels until I clicked on the last page of this thread and saw 4 or 5 bikes with the Enves! Awesome bikes!

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    441






    Weighed in at 25lbs dead even. This is a large frame with heavy wheels, tires and tubes. The low mount/bottom pull derailleur is close to the Bronson tire. I would like to run a little less aggressive tire for mid summer use, so there will be a bit more clearance then.

    I really look forward to this summer!
    Last edited by wrcRS; 02-28-2012 at 11:39 PM.

  20. #220
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    516
    here it is... Changes are Flow's front Arch's rear. With new crankset on the way. Love this bike.


  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandyeggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    428
    Not new, but newly converted to a SS:

    <a href="http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/?action=view&amp;current=IMG_1636.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/IMG_1636.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

    <a href="http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/?action=view&amp;current=IMG_1638.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/IMG_1638.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

    <a href="http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/?action=view&amp;current=IMG_1637.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/stipey169/IMG_1637.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwulff View Post
    Tight woods trails here. No problem at all switching from 26 to 29. Will put up a video to show how tight in a few days. Those out west don't know what tight is
    We have that stuff very close by (Brighton, southern UK) we refer to it as "half track" as it's no where near wide enough to be classed as single track....

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    Tell me what the point is for SS??

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    1st post!! 1st MTB bike in a while! Enjoying the forum and the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-2012-03-01_16-34-09_554.jpg  


  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation: StumpyElite2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    I keep thinking I want to go back to full suspension, but every time I ride one, I just want to be back on my hardtail.
    Get both...

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue by you View Post
    1st post!! 1st MTB bike in a while! Enjoying the forum and the ride.
    Nice bike dude! Thinking of picking up a lefty myself in the next few days.

  27. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MBThree View Post
    Nice bike dude! Thinking of picking up a lefty myself in the next few days.
    Thanks...Im pretty happy with everything so far. Post a pic when you get yours!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-2012-03-01_16-34-50_236.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-2012-03-01_16-34-42_80.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-2012-03-01_16-34-26_262%5B1%5D.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-2012-03-01_16-34-26_262.jpg  


  28. #228
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    My first 29er, sure I've made a right choice!
    what did the weight come in at?

    Looking at a similar build but w/ XTR rear derailer, shifters and brakes......

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    what did the weight come in at?

    Looking at a similar build but w/ XTR rear derailer, shifters and brakes......
    It's 21.57lbs to be exact on my digital scale with XTR pedals, water bottle cage. Note that the stock Racing Ralphs were the 2011 version, switched out to the new 2012 version (127tpi, 29x2.25) saved nearly 80g a tire in my case. The front tire I'm using Rocket Ron which's about the same weight as the new Ralph.

  30. #230
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    It's 21.57lbs to be exact on my digital scale with XTR pedals, water bottle cage. Note that the stock Racing Ralphs were the 2011 version, switched out to the new 2012 version (127tpi, 29x2.25) saved nearly 80g a tire in my case. The front tire I'm using Rocket Ron which's about the same weight as the new Ralph.
    What's the weight difference between the original rims and the enves?

    BIKE REALLY LOOKS "AWESOME"!!!!

    How do you like the ride?
    The more info you can provide the better... Thanks

  31. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    What's the weight difference between the original rims and the enves?

    BIKE REALLY LOOKS "AWESOME"!!!!

    How do you like the ride?
    The more info you can provide the better... Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words. I weighted the stock DT Swiss wheels at 1840g (w/ tubeless valves, center lock rotor adapter for the rear), and 1520g for the Enve (w/ tubeless valves, gorilla tapes, 6 ti rotor bolts). I like the wheels a lot, got that snappy feel of 26" wheels but roll faster. They are the best upgrade for the bike imo, as for a 29er, light weight / stiff wheels really shine. With the lighter wheels I hardly need to touch the 36t cog except on some steeper climbs (17%+). The only con I can think of is the price... But if you can swallow the price and ride a lot, it's a great upgrade no doubt.

    If you haven't ridden the bike yet, check out the latest issue of Mountain Bike Action. They got a decent review on the Scalpel 29er and everything they mentioned are pretty right on the spot. The bike climbs very well, corners stable even at high speed.

  32. #232
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I weighted the stock DT Swiss wheels at 1840g (w/ tubeless valves, center lock rotor adapter for the rear), and 1520g for the Enve (w/ tubeless valves, gorilla tapes, 6 ti rotor bolts). I like the wheels a lot, got that snappy feel of 26" wheels but roll faster. They are the best upgrade for the bike imo, as for a 29er, light weight / stiff wheels really shine. With the lighter wheels I hardly need to touch the 36t cog except on some steeper climbs (17%+). The only con I can think of is the price... But if you can swallow the price and ride a lot, it's a great upgrade no doubt.

    If you haven't ridden the bike yet, check out the latest issue of Mountain Bike Action. They got a decent review on the Scalpel 29er and everything they mentioned are pretty right on the spot. The bike climbs very well, corners stable even at high speed.
    What issue?...

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    What issue?...
    The April's issue. They have a comparison for scalpel 1 and Scott spark 29 RC.

  34. #234
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercycler View Post
    The April's issue. They have a comparison for scalpel 1 and Scott spark 29 RC.
    Thanks... I'll look into it...

  35. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Finally!!!

    This is my first MTB (it's a little much for my 1st mtb, but I wanted plenty of room to grow into it). I have already rode about 15miles. It is so much fun to ride and it fits like a glove when I'm riding! I'm gonna have to find a place in the garage to hide it, so that every time I come home, I'm not tempted to ride it

    Specs are as follows:

    2012 Cannondale Flash 2 29er Alloy
    Frame
    SmartFormed alloy, SPEED SAVE, BB30, 1.5 Si head tube
    Fork
    Lefty 29'er PBR, 90mm, OPI, Solo Air
    Crank
    SRAM S1000, BB30, 44/33/22
    Bottom Bracket
    SRAM BB30
    Shifters
    SRAM X7
    Cog Set
    SRAM PG-1030, 11-36, 10-speed
    Chain
    KMC X10, 10-speed
    Front Derailleur
    SRAM X7
    Rear Derailleur
    SRAM X9
    Rims
    SunRingle Inferno25, welded, w/eyelet, 29'er, 32 hole
    Hubs
    Lefty front, Formula DC22 rear
    Tires
    Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 2.25"
    Brake
    Avid Elixir 3, 180/160mm
    Handlebar
    Cannondale C3 riser, 680x20mm, 6061
    Stem
    Cannondale C1 HeadShok, 31.8
    Headset
    Cannondale HeadShok Si
    Spokes
    DT Swiss Champion
    Grips
    Cannondale alloy locking grips w/closed end
    Saddle
    Cannondale Stage 2
    Seat Post
    Cannondale C2, 27.2x400mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0914.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0912.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0909.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0910.jpg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0919.jpg  


  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandyeggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by MBThree View Post
    This is my first MTB (it's a little much for my 1st mtb, but I wanted plenty of room to grow into it). I have already rode about 15miles. It is so much fun to ride and it fits like a glove when I'm riding! I'm gonna have to find a place in the garage to hide it, so that every time I come home, I'm not tempted to ride it

    Nice! The Flash alloy is a sweet ride!
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

  37. #237
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Ordered my first mountain bike tonight. Its on back order though so wont have it for atleast 2 weeks according to what my LBS told me tonight. I went with a Trail SL4 29ER. Will post pics of it soon as I receive it. First upgrade will be a set of straitline amp pedals and from there i'll upgrade as stuff wears out/breaks.
    '12 Cannondale SL 4 29er

  38. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Enjoy the new ride...and the continuous "PROJECT UPGRADE" it's addicting!

    Quote Originally Posted by BB70Chevelle View Post
    Ordered my first mountain bike tonight. Its on back order though so wont have it for atleast 2 weeks according to what my LBS told me tonight. I went with a Trail SL4 29ER. Will post pics of it soon as I receive it. First upgrade will be a set of straitline amp pedals and from there i'll upgrade as stuff wears out/breaks.

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    LBS was able to locate one in another store so should be in this week! Also ordered up a set of obi rogue grips for it and probably will pick up a few other small things before it gets here.
    '12 Cannondale SL 4 29er

  40. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bigwheel29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    108
    Here is a pic of mine more or less stock



    Here it is with some new parts on it, that later got changed out

    Truvativ bar riser
    Havoc rims
    Nokian Studden tires for the winter
    DMR vault pedals
    XT cassette





    Then I added some more parts, I switched from a 1.5 inch steerer using a Chris King Devolution reducer to fit the new Reba team fork.

    New Truvativ bar
    XTR Shifters
    XT crankset 180mm
    Campagnolo chain
    XT deraileurs
    Lizard grips and odi clamps
    Ardent tires
    The fenders
    Thompson Stem
    Reba Dual air blackbox motion fork
    Chris King Headset Devolution 1.5







  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61
    Been waiting for a small 29er SL4 to come in and it finally did.... but the small was too small! Waited all this time and I could have been riding. lol

    I did pick up a 29er SL2 instead!











    Had the shop put on my wellgo pedals and I took off the reflectors after the photo's.

    So for anyone waiting on the small's they are now shipping!

    JasonG

  42. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue by you View Post
    1st post!! 1st MTB bike in a while! Enjoying the forum and the ride.
    I just saw this bike at REI and it looks so much better in real life. I ordered mine two weeks ago and wont be available till end of April early May. Long wait.

    I mtb few years back (Cannondale scalpel). Then took up road biking which I'm currently doing. My buds wanted to cross train and they got Flash 29ers, so I ended getting back into it.

  43. #243
    Just Ride
    Reputation: Cormac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    @Bigwheel29: Nice lookin bike man! I've got the SL4 and LOVE it! The upgrade process is slow going. I'm still debating between BB7 brakes or hydro...

    @JasonG1977: I'm diggin the white! Hopefully my next bike will have a white frame.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

  44. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bigwheel29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    @Bigwheel29: Nice lookin bike man! I've got the SL4 and LOVE it! The upgrade process is slow going. I'm still debating between BB7 brakes or hydro...

    @JasonG1977: I'm diggin the white! Hopefully my next bike will have a white frame.
    Yeah brakes are on my list as well. So far the stockers have been mostly ok. But I would like a bit better for steep hills.

  45. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    @Bigwheel29: Nice lookin bike man! I've got the SL4 and LOVE it! The upgrade process is slow going. I'm still debating between BB7 brakes or hydro...

    @JasonG1977: I'm diggin the white! Hopefully my next bike will have a white frame.
    Thanks. Hoping to get it out and dirty this week sometime.

    JasonG

    Made it out today!



    Last edited by JasonG1977; 03-21-2012 at 01:21 PM.

  46. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thatdrewguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    460
    '12 C-Flash 3. Mostly stock for now until I get more rides in...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-flash_waterdog.jpg  


  47. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MBThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdrewguy View Post
    '12 C-Flash 3. Mostly stock for now until I get more rides in...
    "Lefty" and Carbon = beast mode

    sweet ride bro

  48. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    My new and first 29er! Only upgrade so far is a set of odi rogue grips but plan to change a few more things on it soon to make it more comfortable of a ride for me. Want to put a shorter stem on it as right now i have to lean more foward then i'd like when I'm riding and its uncomfortable to me and feet wont stay on the pedals that are on it now.
    '12 Cannondale SL 4 29er

  49. #249
    Just Ride
    Reputation: Cormac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by BB70Chevelle View Post
    My new and first 29er! Only upgrade so far is a set of odi rogue grips but plan to change a few more things on it soon to make it more comfortable of a ride for me. Want to put a shorter stem on it as right now i have to lean more foward then i'd like when I'm riding and its uncomfortable to me and feet wont stay on the pedals that are on it now.
    I have the SL4 from 11. In sexy silver!

    I've upgraded to sunringle pedals. Peaty Grips, just ordered a set of BB7's with blue housing and speed dial levers. Also converted to 1x8. With a 32t SS chainring on the front, with dual bash. I'm sure I'll put up another picture once I get the new brakes on with the new housing.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

  50. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    39
    Awesome! It's funny, I've recently been thinking of doing the exact mod to my old CAAD 5 frame. Glad to see it might actually work out!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •