Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 415
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    61
    Finally got around to putting up some pics up...







    Upgrades to standard spec:

    2008 Cannondale 29er 3
    Avid BB7s
    Stans Arch
    DT Swiss 240 Rear Hub
    Ritchey WCS Swept Flat Bar
    Cannondale SI Headset
    Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost
    Selle Italia Signio saddle
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.4 front, 2.25 Rear
    Time ATAC Pedals


    Weight - 11kg including pedals, computer, water bottle holder.

    Love it... now got a 29er 1 on the way as a geared race bike...

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3

    29er Commuter

    Bought this 29er last week to be my work commuter.
    The paint is lame, but it rides great and looks wicked cool with the skinny tires

    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ALS650L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    510

    Good job!

    I guess I'll post up a couple pictures of my non lefty 29er 4. Only upgrades have been the big ring protector and the Crank Bros Mallet 1 pedals. Just starting out in the MTB world but I'm really enjoying this bike so far. I also switched my brakes moto style since I ride motorcycles, seems more natural to me.






  4. #79
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,094

    Cannondale 29er 1







    2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cengle33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    36

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cengle33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    36

    F1 08

    Carbon Lefty, and a King rear hub

    Just rode in the 24 hours of Big Bear, baby needs a bath.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #82
    FIRENZE rulez !!
    Reputation: eliflap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,773








    2 steps to the goal of finish my 29er

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nathanbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,292
    whats the weight looking like eli??

  9. #84
    FIRENZE rulez !!
    Reputation: eliflap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,773
    some minutes ago came back, first 50 km done , a known round robin...

    unfortunately, my Edge was empty of power..so i cannot check speed , tomorrow i am doing again ...

    however , the 36T is very OK but you must pedal at higher cadence than other gear on 26" ..and for my body is not usual ...

    21T is very good on the little hills found this morning

    i installed M751 top pull down swing XT Shimano 2003 model front derailleur but for the small difference from 36 and 42T i was not able to have the 42T on .

    so i use 29er as a double 36-21 and the 42 as bash guard .... no issues on chain

    weight this morning was 9820 with 4Ti pedals , XT front der....ready to roll

    i planned to :

    lower 280 g with the AX Lightness seatpost ( 120 instead 400 g of this Cannondale C4 )

    lower 70-80 g with foam grips instead of 100g Sram ones

    grow 100 g with SL pedals instead 4Ti

    lower 20-30-40 g with a carbon bashguard instead 42T ring 56g

    so final weight will be around 9500-9600 g

    i used hoses for gear cables what i have at home , not light parts...maybe 40-50 g to loose with I-link Alligator hoses

  10. #85
    Now broadcasting from CO
    Reputation: PAmtbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,221
    eli, you going to go to a stan's 355 based wheelset? I'm sure you know that that will save a few grams...
    Brought to you by rocks.

  11. #86
    Scalpel Fan
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by cengle33
    Carbon Lefty, and a King rear hub

    Just rode in the 24 hours of Big Bear, baby needs a bath.
    I've been wanting to do that race for several years now. I always have something else I have to do instead (friend's wedding last year, anniversary w/ the wife this year).

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amillmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,422
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker
    eli, you going to go to a stan's 355 based wheelset? I'm sure you know that that will save a few grams...
    The 29er Race wheelset it even lighter:

    Front:


    Rear:

  13. #88
    USED2COULD
    Reputation: NS2000X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,094
    They are very light, but also pricey. Especially now that I9 offer the Ultralite Race wheelset.

    Makes the 470g Arch rims on my 29er seem like boat anchors!
    2x10
    '12 Niner Jet RDO 22.9 lb
    1x1
    '09 Cannondale F29er 1 20.1 lb
    '10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nathanbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,292
    sub 1400g for a 29er wheelset is pretty fantastic. although wouldnt the longer spokes (but same guage as a 26er) mean that its probably weaker than the 26er? stan doesnt build them up with 3x either right?

    im not an engineer or a wheelbuilder so apologies if this is dumb question...

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nathanbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    some minutes ago came back, first 50 km done , a known round robin...

    unfortunately, my Edge was empty of power..so i cannot check speed , tomorrow i am doing again ...

    however , the 36T is very OK but you must pedal at higher cadence than other gear on 26" ..and for my body is not usual ...

    21T is very good on the little hills found this morning

    i installed M751 top pull down swing XT Shimano 2003 model front derailleur but for the small difference from 36 and 42T i was not able to have the 42T on .

    so i use 29er as a double 36-21 and the 42 as bash guard .... no issues on chain

    weight this morning was 9820 with 4Ti pedals , XT front der....ready to roll

    i planned to :

    lower 280 g with the AX Lightness seatpost ( 120 instead 400 g of this Cannondale C4 )

    lower 70-80 g with foam grips instead of 100g Sram ones

    grow 100 g with SL pedals instead 4Ti

    lower 20-30-40 g with a carbon bashguard instead 42T ring 56g

    so final weight will be around 9500-9600 g

    i used hoses for gear cables what i have at home , not light parts...maybe 40-50 g to loose with I-link Alligator hoses
    is that your second set of R1's or did you strip the Scalpel !!

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amillmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,422
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    is that your second set of R1's or did you strip the Scalpel !!
    Thats his second. The ones on the Scalpel are the polished ones off a Scott.

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    456
    F29 1FG, Industry Nine wheels, Custom machined XTR 960 crank converted to SS, Juicy Ultimates.....18.2lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #93
    Did I catch a niner?
    Reputation: Mr Pink57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,349

    Smile 2009 Cannondale 29er 2





    pink

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skinl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    646
    I thought I uploaded these before but it looks like there are a lot of posts missing. Waiting on availability of the Flash 29'ers


  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    233
    Large 2009 29er 1.


  21. #96
    Did I catch a niner?
    Reputation: Mr Pink57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,349





    Put new shoes, grips, and head wrench.

    pink

  22. #97
    Did I catch a niner?
    Reputation: Mr Pink57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,349



    pink

  23. #98
    Now broadcasting from CO
    Reputation: PAmtbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,221

    Caffine 2.75

    Custom Caffine. Caffine 2 frame, Lefty 29er SL, XO, FSA, stan's 355 wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-c-dale-29er-2....jpeg  

    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-591586877_a6fpy-o....jpg  

    Brought to you by rocks.

  24. #99
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,839
    Hey Mendon where are those pictures of that 29er you build out of the Super-V I sold you?
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skinl19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    646
    Just built this one up last night.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •