Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Cheers Gavinar, hope you get yours tomorrow ok, really have no idea who or what to believe now, just got to hope it might just arrive ahead of schedule.

I did speak to Primera Sport, and they had the same date of February for the one Im waiting for, which I assume will have moved back as well. Been giving the idea of giving up some thought too, but nothing else out there holds as much interest.

mtbr member
    [IMG]http:/http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/649/gflash029.jpg[/IMG]
    Well she arrived safe and sound earlier today , just finished putting the wheel and handlebars on . Quick dinner then pedals and out for a quick ride to see how she is . Currently -2 degrees c but have to give her a go

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Nice one, you pleased with it?

I have e mailed CSG to ask what's gone wrong this time, but so far no reply, which isn't really a surprise if I'm honest.

Is that a Large frame? Looks good in the picture, enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Hi Styish just been up the road for a quick blast and yes feels fantastic really comfy riding position , although been riding a specialized allez elite for 3 months so anything with upright bars is an improvement ! the frame is a large and the seat height in the picture was a guess but feels not too far out. I only have the plastic pedals on at the moment so won't fiddle until sat when i get to the store and sort out some xt pedals and shoes. The avids needed a couple of good stops before the brakes started to bite but feel plenty strong enough , and the 29ers are definitely good for momentum. I have not been riding mountain bikes for a few tears and it feels great to be back on one , i did notice that the front now has 2 cogs as opposed to 3 whilst the rear has 10 giving me 20 gears as opposed to 30. Is that the norm now ? also the bike did not have any instructions in the manual on operating the lefty fork so i do not know how to set the locked out fork . I have an app for my phone which works out my fork setting according to my weight and not sure if i can adjust this or if the cannondale dealer must ?

mtbr member
    Ps i would love to upgrade a couple of things mainly the wheels to the mavic slr crossmax that i have seen on this topic but wondered if i have my brand new wheels can i p/x them for the new ones or try and sell separately how does it work ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    If you're going to upgrade the wheels, sell the ones you have and order whichever ones take your fancy, the Mavcs are supposed to be very reliable and strong.
    You will have plenty of gear choice with what you have on there, a double chain set is the norm, most. Bikes are built this way now.

As for the Lefty, best to speak to the shop, the lockout is on top if the fork leg, and I believe you just turn the knob to lock it, not owned a lefty before, so I could be wrong there.

Just enjoy it, youve made a good choice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Bike is sub 20lbs. Just got the RP23 PUSHED and WOW! ride is completely different and off the charts. It's a 2013 year bike. I wanted the white spoked enve's to have a little contrast on the frame. ride is as close to a hardtail race 29er as there is. Anyone who has a Scalpel should think hard about upgrading the RP23 to PUSH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-scalpel-ride-bad-ass-bike-new-push-shock-001-medium-.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-scalpel-ride-bad-ass-bike-new-push-shock-006-medium-.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-scalpel-ride-bad-ass-bike-new-push-shock-008-medium-.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-scalpel-ride-bad-ass-bike-new-push-shock-015-medium-.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-news-years-day-mtn-ride-ed-et-al-019-medium-.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-news-years-day-mtn-ride-ed-et-al-020-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Amazing bike man.

I'm turning 40 in june and I'm looking at the Scalpel Ultimate as a present to myself. There's only two things holding me up : my hearth is still with my now gone 2012 Epic/Brain thing and possibly the idea of buying it back and june is already that time of the year to see C'dale 2014's models.....decisions,decisions,decisions.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 01-17-2013 at 12:07 PM.

crash test dummy
    Finally got all my new goodies on for a test ride.
    Stan's Arch Rims (taped) with bladed spokes and DT Swiss 240 rear
    Stan's Sealant and nipples sealed up my old Conti Mt Kings nicely
    SRAM PG990 cassette
    Tioga Surefoot 8 pedals
    Chunky Silicone grips
    Lost over 1lb of rotating weight and tubeless rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0633.jpg  

I meant to do that.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by jbbikerider View Post
    Bike is sub 20lbs. Just got the RP23 PUSHED and WOW! ride is completely different and off the charts. It's a 2013 year bike. I wanted the white spoked enve's to have a little contrast on the frame. ride is as close to a hardtail race 29er as there is. Anyone who has a Scalpel should think hard about upgrading the RP23 to PUSH.
    Siiiiiiick bicycle, bruv.

Yeah, I got my rp23 PUSHEed on my RZ - huge improvement. No-brainer mod.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    jbbikerider , what is the weight of the frame ?

Misty ,

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I don't know what the frame weighs. Sorry.

JB

jimmyd
    Aug 2006
    New F29er ultimate.

2013 Lefty review here. It is a step above!
    James Downing - Mountain Bike Athlete: 2013 Cannondale Lefty Review

http://pin-it-you-muppet.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @jdowning26
    Comfortable with a 2 wheel drift
    Cannondale ambassador

SS XC Junkie
    NICE Ultimate! I wanted one of those but the waiting list was mid-Feb without a pre-order. Very nice bike!

mtbr member

I did changed stem from 110 mm -15 deg. to 100mm -5 deg. And i moved headset spacer to bottom. It really surprised, that geometry feels much more "trail bike" than my old prophet. I can't hardly wait for spring come, that i can hit the trails.
    Last edited by xluossa; 02-03-2013 at 10:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Here's my brand new Scalpel Alloy 3. Love this bike! Some immediate upgrades were done, but I am sure there will be more:
    Crest Wheels (tubeless), XO carbon crank, EC 70 Carbon low rise bar, Thomson Elite post, Specialized Henge saddle, new ODI lockons, Alligator Windcutter rotors...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-gretna-006.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-gretna-004.jpg  

2013 C-Dale Scalpel
    2013 Scott Genius 930

mtbr member
    My new 2013 F29 Carbon 3:

Cannondale F29 Carbon 3 2013 from Filipe Caçador on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey guys, got my F29 Carbon 3 last week, looks the same as yours FiCašador, just a deifferent saddle, mines a fizik Tundra2. Amazing ride and my first 29er. The Lefty is the best fork i have ever used.
    The only thing i have done so far is change it to Tubeless and test some narrower bars (620). At mo not used to the front end being higher, but will give it a little more time, if not might try a Leonardi stem....

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Great to see all these awesome bikes, just makes me more jealous that mine is still not here, it's meant to be due on Friday, but I'm not holding out much hope if I'm honest, as the Importer hasn't even had them in the warehouse yet.
    It would seem the uk is possibly the worst place in the world to get a Cannondale bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Just got my first Cannondale this weekend. This thing is a rocket for sure.

Walked in to buy some Enve wheels - walked out with a new bike. Whoops.

Looks like you are in the same area as me jbbikerider. I had the shop swap out for black spokes and logos on the wheels, otherwise looks to be about the same bike.

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0557.jpgPost a pic of your Cannondale  29er-img_0561.jpg

mtbr member

Post a pic of your Cannondale 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    here is a pic of my 2013 trail SL2
    I've got the same bike, after much research and raising my beginners budget. A few q's
    1)have you been able to go tubeless w stock wheels?
    2)any mods you've done you consider home runs?
    3)was water bottle tight fit?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FiCašador View Post
    My new 2013 F29 Carbon 3:>
    I ordered the same one last week. I can't wait until it comes in. Not that I will be able to ride it. We got pounded here in Mass with over two feet of snow.

Question: What kind Ralph's come with the bike? The spec sheet says: Performance 29 x 2.1"EVO....but when I go to the Schawlbe website there doesn't appear to be such a tire.

Racing Ralph HS 425 | Schwalbe North America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by biffhamilton View Post
    I ordered the same one last week. I can't wait until it comes in. Not that I will be able to ride it. We got pounded here in Mass with over two feet of snow.

Question: What kind Ralph's come with the bike? The spec sheet says: Performance 29 x 2.1"EVO....but when I go to the Schawlbe website there doesn't appear to be such a tire.

Racing Ralph HS 425 | Schwalbe North America
    The stock tires are indeed Racing Ralph Performance 2.1, which don't appear on Schwalbe website or web stores, but somehow appear on this bike!
    I will change the front one to a Rocket Ron Performance 2.25, but these new Ralphs are surprisingly grippy for such narrow, fast rolling XC tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    After a long wait, my Carbon 2 arrived in the shop today, typically I was working miles away so couldn't get it, but all being well I will be picking it up tomorrow. Quite surprised to hear from the mechanic that a Large comes in at 9.8kg out of the box with no pedals.

Looking forward to setting it up, and trying it out on Friday afternoon, then racing it on Sunday...

mtbr member

2013 Trail sl4

She's pretty basic but working on it

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-546267_10200296839927738_1454934317_n.jpg

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-407461_10200305890273991_2029078670_n.jpg

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast