Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Wow...now THAT is awesome. Great idea on the system six stem too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
    Just picked up my warrantied frame from the shop they built it up for free! Have to make a few changes like the seat and the handlebars will be lower. Saved me the hassle of looking for a new race frame for next year.
    nice!
    2013 Santa Cruz Solo C
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinar View Post
    Hi tommy boy just got a 2013 flash carbon 3 on order arriving jan 4 th , was interested to know what wheel upgrade you have and approx cost & weight saving ?
    Weight saving: 150 gr.
    More cost: 300 euros

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Styish View Post
    Must be the new year blues, the shop who have ordered my bike checked today, and it looks like February before we see bikes in the uk, and that date has changed 3 times! sometimes it sucks being an island!

Hope you're enjoying the bike, Tommieboy, looks really good, keep us up to date with how you find it..
    I always thought the UK is the center of the world.

Bike is riding great. Allready 200 km's, bike is not notable steering heavier than the 26'. I think the sharper headset angle is the reason? I'm really satisfied about the riding behavior, never thought a 29'er could ride so 'light'.

I hope for you on a early delivery!

The three dales together.
    De 2007 Caffeine 4SL, the 2012 SuperSix EVO (SRAM Red) and the 2013 F29 carbon2

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Tommieboy, glad to hear all is well with the bike, like you I couldn't believe how well the Flash rides, at that was on a carbon 3, so the 2 must be a bit better due to the spec.

Early delivery not looking good at the moment, the official line is February 18th, which could see a debut at the final round of the local Winter Series race.

Happy riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Tommieboy, glad to hear all is well with the bike, like you I couldn't believe how well the Flash rides, at that was on a carbon 3, so the 2 must be a bit better due to the spec.

Early delivery not looking good at the moment, the official line is February 18th, which could see a debut at the final round of the local Winter Series race.

Happy riding.
    I was in Antwerp this afternoon. I saw the same as mine in a showroom of a local dealer.
    Maybe you could come over.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I like the idea, but mine is ordered and I'm a loyal old fool. The stock of upgrade parts I have is steadily growing....Should lose a hundred or so grammes for not much money spent.

Kcnc rotors (used them for 2 years and love them)
    Just about every bolt will be Titanium...
    Kcnc foam grips (comfy and light)
    Tubeless kit ready to go.
    Xo shifters, but may go 1x10 straight away....

At some point a set of lighter wheels too, but I weigh in at 80kg so will have to look around and see what suits.

Enjoy the weekend, and that bike!

mtbr member
    Just spoke to the dealer today, flash was due in yesterday to the uk but nothing arrived . Find out more on monday. Hoping that something turns up soon

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    gavinar, I was told the 18th February for all Flash models on Thursday. One of the mob I ride with has an Alloy Flash 2 due in the uk on the 4th February, so you never know some stuff could be on that shipment.

mtbr member
    Oh great , does annoy me when you trust something a salesman says I should know better by now ! I don't understand why uk seem to be last on the list . Even Belgium get on the list above us . Just hope she is worth waiting for . Could have had a 2013 specialized stumpy carbon marathon with me by now .

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I would think the fact Cannondales European base is in Holland helps with stock getting to Europe before us. speaking to the guys in the shop I use, stuff can turn up unexpected, so don't fret too much.

And it will be worth the wait, I demo rode one in March, convinced myself that although it felt really good, I didn't need one, but changed my mind and ordered one. After all it is the finer 29er......

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Flash alloy 2013

next changes:
    FSA K.Force BB30 Crank
    Truvativ Noir T30 handlebar

Did I catch a niner?
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma-md View Post
    Attachment 750325Attachment 750326

New gravel/winter build. Good for some dirty cross racin' too
    What headset are you using for this? Looks tapered and I am looking at the same fork for my current build.

I am using a Orbit Z reducer which I assume I can just get a new cap for the bottom headset.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    2013 F29 2

mtbr member
    I would think the fact Cannondales European base is in Holland helps with stock getting to Europe before us. speaking to the guys in the shop I use, stuff can turn up unexpected, so don't fret too much.

And it will be worth the wait, I demo rode one in March, convinced myself that although it felt really good, I didn't need one, but changed my mind and ordered one. After all it is the finer 29er......
    Great news Styish , got a call from my dealer today. The biks are in the uk and mine is being sent over in the next couple of days so i shall be collecting saturday Can't wait

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

... and if we just ...

Gavinar, that sounds good, I was in the shop this evening, and nothing had changed on screen with my order, it still shows 18/2/13, but I've just texted my mate who works there and offered him cake, as reward for finding out more tomorrow.

Would be nice to think its here and I could be riding it at the weekend, then 2 races on successive weekends.....

Just told the wife, she looked so pleased!

Sno
    mtbr member
    Great looking bikes the lot of them... very nice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    gavinar, i had a call from the shop supplying mine yesterday, no Falsh 29er Carbon 2"s have come in, so mine is still next month at the earliest, so it seems you may have had a bit of luck.

bugger......"

mtbr member
    Hey Styish , sorry to hear that bud i know it is agonizing waiting for these bikes . The bike was meant to be at southampton monday and the dealer did say he had 2 bikes on that delivery coming to his store mine being one . Not sure if they were both flash 3 but will speak to him later today and find out. Hopefully still on for collection over the weekend although it means i have a 2 hr drive to Bournemouth.
    Hope you have some good news and yours surprises you by turning up unexpectedly . ps any ideas on what pedals to go for ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Gavinar, I've been using xt pedals for a while and had no issues at all, but as I want to keep the bike as light as possible I might try some Exustar ones this time round.

Hope you pick up the bike at the weekend, the 2 hour drive will be well worth it.

mtbr member
    Today's ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Now that is a cracking picture, just make sure all of the bike is in frame next time

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Got a call from the shop today, was hoping for news on delivery of my Flash, but just more news of another delay, now gone back to march/April at the earliest, that's now the 5th date change since I placed the order on November 15th.

Hopefully someone from CSG in the uk checks this forum, and can get things moving, it's becoming a bit of a joke if I'm honest, the UK has hardly seen a 2013 bike, and by the time they arrive the 2014 models won't be far away.

Come on CSG Cannondale, sort your act out and serve your customers better.....

Sno
    mtbr member
    here is a pic of my 2013 trail SL2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-miramar-pembroke-pines-20130112-00096.jpg  

Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-miramar-pembroke-pines-20130112-00097.jpg  

mtbr member
    Got a call from the shop today, was hoping for news on delivery of my Flash, but just more news of another delay, now gone back to march/April at the earliest, that's now the 5th date change since I placed the order on November 15th.

Hopefully someone from CSG in the uk checks this forum, and can get things moving, it's becoming a bit of a joke if I'm honest, the UK has hardly seen a 2013 bike, and by the time they arrive the 2014 models won't be far away.

Come on CSG Cannondale, sort your act out and serve your customers better.....
    Hey Styish sorry to hear about your delays buddy it does not sound right and all these delays are unnecessary as the bikes are in europe . Mine is on a truck up to me and will be delivered tomorrow . will post pics when it arrives . I know the delivery my bike was in had at least 1 other carbon flash if you want to speak to the store where i bought to check i will happily give you the number. G

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast