Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 415
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Styish View Post
    I hope you get some clear weather so you can get out on your bike, I have a few parts ready to go on mine when it arrives, but nothing like your upgrades! Just rotors, tubeless kit, titanium bolts and rotor chainrings at the moment. New wheels will come in time, maybe with carbon rims, if I can save the cash!

    Any idea of the weight of the bike when you got it? Mine wll be a touch heavier as its a large, but not by much.

    Happy riding.
    According to this site: 9,765 kg for a medium.

    9.765 gr + 339 gr (XT pedals) + 2 x 44 gr (bottle cage holders) + 40 gr (Leonardi stem) + 66 gr. (Ritchey barends) - 150 gr (SLR wheels) = 10.148 gr of 10,148 kg.

    Didn't know the weight of the speedometer. Total weight, approximately 10,2 kg.

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    819
    Here's my 2012 Flash 2 with a few upgrades:
    Stan's Crest
    Alligator Windcutter Rotors
    EC70 Carbon low rize Bar
    Bontrager RXL Carbon Post
    Race Face Bashguard
    Bontrager Evoke Saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-bikes-009.jpg  

    2011 C-Dale Flash 1 650b
    2013 Scott Genius 930

  3. #303
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post

    Flash 29er with Crossmax SLR 29ers
    Wow, those SLR 29ers are beautiful! Not the lightest wheelset but they sure got the look... and must be pretty stiff? How does they feel? Are you running them with tubes or tubeless?

  4. #304
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BoostN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Thx!

    Mine was also ordered in november (I live in Belgium). And the dealer told me the delivery date has gonna be march 2013. But past week, the dealer called me to say the bike has arrived. Maybe the UK can also recieve some unexpected deliveries? I'll hope it for you!


    Did some little changes.

    I've shortened the handlebar with 1 centimeter on each side and put a pair of barends on it. Also mounted a Cannondale IQ 300 wireless speedometer. Damn, that was precision work with that upside down Lefty fork. I've had to grind off some material from the protection guard to let the sensor fit, to avoid he will be touching the spokes.

    Now is the bike ready to roll! Only the weather is not cooperating






    I really like the way you style your bikes, not sure what it is but all of your bikes have a bit of a unique look to them. The SLRs look awesome mate. I also thought about putting one of those stems on, I need to get a bike fit first, not sure they'd be good for my back haha!
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by gts/R View Post
    Wow, those SLR 29ers are beautiful! Not the lightest wheelset but they sure got the look... and must be pretty stiff? How does they feel? Are you running them with tubes or tubeless?
    I'm riding with innertubes. Today I've tested the bike for the first time on a track. The wheels are really good. I've had a good experience with SLR's on the 26', so the choice for SLR 29'ers was obvious.

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostN7 View Post
    I really like the way you style your bikes, not sure what it is but all of your bikes have a bit of a unique look to them. The SLRs look awesome mate. I also thought about putting one of those stems on, I need to get a bike fit first, not sure they'd be good for my back haha!
    Thx man!

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandyeggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
    Why singlespeed? (Also see the SS FAQ - Stickied at top of thread list)

    sandyeggo,

    Is that the TeamBeer adapter? I just got a 09 29er 2 frame warrantied for a 13 F29 1 Alloy frame and plan to swap my SS steel to this (racing a LOT more this next year perfect frame for it) and will probably use a tensioner for a week but do what to get an adapter. So how is it holding up?
    Hey Mr Pink

    Sorry it took so long to respond - I just happened to see your post. Yes - it is a TeamBeer adaptor. I really liked it and it held up well. The alloy Flash makes for a great SSer! I think you'll love it.
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

  8. #308
    Did I catch a niner?
    Reputation: Mr Pink57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,413
    Photobucket
    Just picked up my warrantied frame from the shop they built it up for free! Have to make a few changes like the seat and the handlebars will be lower. Saved me the hassle of looking for a new race frame for next year.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    http://www.activejunky.com/invite/90161/travis-boss

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gavinar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    My christams present!

    A brand new 2013 F29 carbon 2. Completely original setup, except an upgrade SLR wheelset and a Leonardi 110 mm -20° stem.





    Hi tommy boy just got a 2013 flash carbon 3 on order arriving jan 4 th , was interested to know what wheel upgrade you have and approx cost & weight saving ?

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    340
    What's that stealthy looking stem ?
    Looking sharp.

    oops, Found it in the previous post: Leonardi Racing stem 110 -20 deg.
    Last edited by StumpyElite2010; 12-31-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Flash29C2
    Scalpel 29C1
    Niner One9 SingleSpeed RDO fork
    Supersix Evo 1 Hi Mod D/A

  11. #311
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Must be the new year blues, the shop who have ordered my bike checked today, and it looks like February before we see bikes in the uk, and that date has changed 3 times! sometimes it sucks being an island!

    Hope you're enjoying the bike, Tommieboy, looks really good, keep us up to date with how you find it..

  12. #312
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BoostN7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Styish View Post
    Must be the new year blues, the shop who have ordered my bike checked today, and it looks like February before we see bikes in the uk, and that date has changed 3 times! sometimes it sucks being an island!

    Hope you're enjoying the bike, Tommieboy, looks really good, keep us up to date with how you find it..
    My Dad is having the same problem
    and no, I am not missing the other half of my fork....

  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gavinar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Styish View Post
    Tommieboy, that is one hell of a Christmas present! Had the same model on order since November, but sadly the UK won't see any of the 2013 Flash"s until February at the earliest. The expected date has changed 4 times now and I can't wait, been itching to own one since a demo ride earlier in the year.

    Good luck with it and enjoy the bike...
    Styish who is your supplier ? I have had a 2013 carbon flash on order since nov with primera sports in Bournemouth and mine lands Jan 4 th !

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Revel Outdoors, the shop close to work, it's normal for dates to shift around and then stuff turns up without warning by all accounts, according to CSG nobody will have stock before February, but I don't believe that for a second.

  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation: driver bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Styish View Post
    it's normal for dates to shift around and then stuff turns up without warning by all accounts,
    That was my experience, 3 or 4 different delivery dates, 6 months later than first promised and then randomly turned up 3 weeks earlier than the last delivery date.

    Swore then if I ever bought another Cannondale it would only ever be if they showed stock at warehouse.

  16. #316
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,410
    Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Thx!

    Mine was also ordered in november (I live in Belgium). And the dealer told me the delivery date has gonna be march 2013. But past week, the dealer called me to say the bike has arrived. Maybe the UK can also recieve some unexpected deliveries? I'll hope it for you!


    Did some little changes.

    I've shortened the handlebar with 1 centimeter on each side and put a pair of barends on it. Also mounted a Cannondale IQ 300 wireless speedometer. Damn, that was precision work with that upside down Lefty fork. I've had to grind off some material from the protection guard to let the sensor fit, to avoid he will be touching the spokes.

    Now is the bike ready to roll! Only the weather is not cooperating
    Ouf! Very very nice!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    A guy I ride/race with ordered a Flash 29er in November 2011 and it turned up in June 2012! All down to a shortage of bits and supposedly because of issues with the way bikes were made up in several locations, this is supposed to be better now, as complete bikes are assembled in the far east, but I suppose time will tell, you would hope a container ship, travelling half way round the world, would make several stops around Europe, seeing as most of our neighbouring countries have stock...

    Maybe some good news will come along this week, now Christmas is over, and people are heading back to work.

  18. #318
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gavinar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    I was very relaxed about the delivery but the more horror stories I hear the more nervous I am becoming ! I have ordered the flash 3 carbon as opposed to the 2 , maybe this is why is meant to be coming earlier . Fingers crossed . All the waiting is such a drag and I haven't even ridden a 29 er or ever experienced a lefty ! Or carbon for that matter

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Gavinar, let's hope we both get lucky with delivery. As for not riding one, don't worry about it, I've spent the last 4 years on an anthem, and loved it, I dabbled with a carbon hard tail, and it was ok but I never felt quite right.
    A flash carbon 3 was being demo ridden by a mate, and I had a go, Didn't expect anything major, but I was blown away, I had more confidence through a section of trail than ever before, the feeling and grip on the front end was what did it for me, I then spent months thinking do I get or not, and the wife told me to shut up, and go order what I wanted!

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gavinar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    Great wife , fantastic when they understand about our obsessions.
    Fingers crossed, will post pics when it lands

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34
    Yep, she is a star, the Anthem was supposed to be just a frame set, but my mates race bike came along at the right time, (xc elite in the uk) so it went into retirement with me!
    Never questions what I buy, just wonders why....like you I was after a flash 3, but went for the 2 as it had all the bits to make the spec what I'm used too.

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    466
    Post a pic of your Cannondale  29er-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357256680.891042.jpgPost a pic of your Cannondale  29er-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357256695.468080.jpg

    New gravel/winter build. Good for some dirty cross racin' too

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    87
    Wow...now THAT is awesome. Great idea on the system six stem too!

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandyeggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
    Just picked up my warrantied frame from the shop they built it up for free! Have to make a few changes like the seat and the handlebars will be lower. Saved me the hassle of looking for a new race frame for next year.
    nice!
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinar View Post
    Hi tommy boy just got a 2013 flash carbon 3 on order arriving jan 4 th , was interested to know what wheel upgrade you have and approx cost & weight saving ?
    Weight saving: 150 gr.
    More cost: 300 euros

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •