Prophet converted!

Possible Headshok problem? (DLR 80)

Last week I bought a 2007 F3 with the DLR 80 Headshok. Today I checked the shock pressure and adjusted it to 65 psi for my weight. Now, when I'm on the bike the shock is half way depressed, leaving me with roughly 40mm of travel (regardless of the rebound adjustment). Is this normal? It didnt do this at 75 psi, but again, 65 psi is the suggested pressure for my weight (150 pounds).

Another thing: If I lockout the shock, it doesnt always lockout at the top. If I push down on the handle bar really hard then it locks out at the top, but if I push down slowly, then it will compress almost entirely through the 80mm travel. Is this normal?

One last thing: It seems that the rebound adjustment has no impact on the stiffness of the shock. Is this normal?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to find out if this is a faulty shock before I cram the bike back into my Mustang to take it to REI.

Thanks in advance for the help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Inflate to 70psi

The rest of your post sounds like a normally operating headshok.

In order to get a feel for what the dampening knobs do you need to ride down a rocky dirt road at 40 mph and fiddle with the knobs. Then you will see what the rebound adjustment is all about.