bicycleonthebrain

poked a hole in my lefty boot

Raced a local cross country race this weekend and after the race i was inspecting my ride and noticed a leak in my boot. I poked a hole in it somehow. it's a thorn size hole. I'm just going to super glue it to keep the dirt out. last time (last year) i had a problem with my lefty i had to send it back to the dealer. Is this a basic repair. and does anyone know how much a boot would cost and time to get it shipped? The super glue is temporary just want to stop dirt from getting when.

LA CHÈVRE
    Patching the boot for now is a good idea. Any competent shop that sells Cannondales should be able to install you a new boot, it's not rocket science. They sometimes even have some spare boots in stock. If you can't find one near you and your dealer says it takes three weeks to get one, I suggest contacting MendonCycleSmith, he can get you what you need, tips and such included, then you can install it yourself. There was a thread (maybe more than one actually) on the procedures to install the boot somewhere here...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

bicycleonthebrain
    thanks for the feedback. If my LBS says I need to send it back to C-dale , I;m going to just do it it myself. At least give it a try. I own a lefty , I'm going to have to learn someday.