mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Please help a noob

I found this Jekyll 600 at a pawn shop. I know nothing about Cannondale bikes. Please tell me what year model it is and your opinion of what its worth. I can get more pics of parts if needed. Also, please give me a short list of things I should pay close attention to when determining the condition.

Thanks in advance for your help. Here's the pic.

Rizla Powered
    Aug 2007
    http://vintagecannondale.com/info.html

Thats where you should start. If you can narrow the year range down (easy if you have the serial number) you can start looking through the yearly bike catalogs on that site too.

mtbr member

Suggestions on What to look for

- Gears and drivetrain sprocket brand (wear flash on teeth radius, are plastic sprocket teeth worn)

- Shocks (strange noises when un/compressed)

- Bottom Bracket brand/type (do pedal cranks feel loosy when spun)

- Cracks (check all weld radii for hairline cracks)

- Pivots (unusual/uneven wear on frame/paint)

Time is an illusion...
    It looks a lot like my 01 Jekyll, different color, but check this like for this or any other bike:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/B...0600&Type=bike

P.S. Did you get the bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dtronic
    It looks a lot like my 01 Jekyll, different color, but check this like for this or any other bike:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/B...0600&Type=bike

P.S. Did you get the bike?
    I haven't bought it yet. I think I can get it for around $500, but I'm having trouble deciding if its worth it or not. I'm a noob to mountain bikes. I know BMX, but haven't messed with that much since 1990ish.

Thanks guys for the help.

P.S. I think this is the model with the recalled "swingarm" Is there anything I need to be worried about? I'm just buying this for some very light singletrack riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was going to mention the bonded swing arm
    It probably wouldn't be much of an issue for light trail use as there's plenty still being ridden,but it'd be on my mind everytime I rode it

Chances are the shop won't know the bike,mention the swing arm and the "worn" shock
    then offer a bit less

KK..

LA CHÈVRE
    I think 500$ is bit much for such an old bike with yesteryears tech, considering what you'd get for a new 500$ bike... If you find a 2010 or 2009 new bike in a bike shop, you could have a better bike with new parts and a warranty. It would probably be a hardtail but that's not a bad thing. Plus, half of the bikes in pawn shops are stolen, no?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :