mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Play on swing arm jekyll

Hi,

When I lift my jekyll by the saddle I feel some play on the rear swing arm. The play is where the rear shock is connected to the rear triangle. It is as if the shock bolt's diameter is too small for the eyelet of the rear swingarm. When I put some more torque on the bolt, the play is gone, but after one ride it is back again. The play is not that much, I think about 1 mm.

How can I solve this? I am afraid that the play will start to wear out the hole of the shock bolt.

Or is this NOT a problem?

Are you talking to me?

Bushing...

There is a small bushing in that eyelet on the shock. It is wearing, and play is developing. Most Dale shops will have the bushings in stock. It is meant to be replaced so the shock ye itself is not damaged.
    gfy

mtbr member
    I have had two of these done so far on my 2004 Jekylll, but I'm not complaining...it's the only thing that has ever needed servicing on this frame design, and all my previous FS bikes have needed way more work/ maintenance. My LBS always has this part in stock, and sometimes does it while I wait on a drop in basis. + it is cheap! Go get it done, don't keep tightening that bolt, it will only stress out the yoke...
    "A RIDE, that's a GOOD IDEA!"