mtbr member
    Jun 2007

... and if we just ... Pics of Super V 700 Carbon with disks, looking for rear shock

Had this bike sitting around, basically untouched from when I bought it new 10+ years ago. From day 1 it felt like I was going to endo on just about any downhill . Too bad as I have always liked the look of the super v especially the mix with carbon. Finally a couple months ago a group of friends got into mountain biking so I tried it out again, same sensation but, this time I found the problem was not he frame, it was the stem putting my handle bar so far forward and low that it was the sole reason the bike felt so front heavy. Got a new short riser stem and a bent bar and wow what a difference, the bike is awesome So went a little crazy and next thing I new I had a new Manitou Nixon Platinum fork which drove the need for new thru axel rims. Despite all the bi-polar review I choose this fork because of the “IT” system to be able to easily lower the front back to original proportions for climbing. Next a pair of juicy sevens, which posed a challenge for the rear considering it has not built in caliper posts and I did not want to drill to the little aluminum dropout nor the carbon arm, but in the end it was well worth the custom machining from an old bench saw blade. Now however I am at an impasse as to what to do about the rear shock since the top attachment is a non-standard clevis. Got info thanks to lordmike that Risseracing makes new shocks with the clevis top and really like the home servicing ability. Any one know of other shocks with the clevis attachment? The second part of the dilemma is that super v clevis solutions will keep the rear travel to stock numbers, and I am thinking this may be the time to improve the rear with greater “smart” travel. I have seen that I can lower the rear by cutting the front derailleur stem a little which could allow for more initial sag, but that may worsen the bobbing this setup is prone to without a more advanced high speed / low speed “smarter” shock than the old fox alps 4. Anyone out there know of a good solution, am thinking of attaching the top of a longer shock to the outside of seat down tube, but that will need some welding of a mounting system . Would appreciate any ideas or additional stock shock replacement options - thanks! Enjoy the pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Try these guys for custom Cannondale shox http://www.risseracing.com/cannondale.shtml. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

the missing pics

think I finally shrunk them enough to upload.

Baker921,thanks for the link to the Ressi shock, they are the leading choice, but before I decide, am hoping to compare to one I saw on this frame and has an external reserve but the manufacturer of it is unknown
    Attached Images Attached Images