mtbr member
    Jun 2007

PERP - rear shock

Hi!

I am considering about upgrading my rear suspension for quite a while. Temporarily i own vanilla wit propedal. I saw quite of you guys ride a Marzocchi Rocco...what I am not sure about is that you ride RC od TST model.

Characteristics of TST would suit me the most i guess - based on my riding style. Uphill and downhill. I am not a super duper downhiller, but progress is seen already since i've started riding big this year.

On official weba page of Marzocchi there is none TST model in 222mm ETE listed, but there are some available in web shops.

Another option worth considering is the new Rock Shox Vivid 5.1. Trust worthy comments from some test riders. I am not sure only how it behaves uphill...

I am still open for suggestions....

mtbr member
    my rocco rc is top, the dhx5 is better for pedal tuning. the RS vivid i dont now to new... if you ca buy a dhx5!!

ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    hi,
    i have ridden a tuned dhx 5.0 (less compression dampening) on my perp for about a month or so. although it was far better than the stock van it didnt feel as good as the roco RC WC i a using now. with this shock the bike is becoming super active and is way better at pedalling through rough stuff (and braking into berms for example). i have no problems cranking the bike up about 2000-3000 feet per day for freeriding (no lift access in my area). when sitting the bike is bobbing about +- 5mm of absolute travel when pedalling hard. when standing high rpms are helping to calm down the bike. as you can imagine i am not a big fan of platform shocks (at least not more). i used and tuned them for 3 years but on a well constructed freeride or downhillbike these shocks will have more cons than pros.
    CW
    Last edited by cwrender; 01-28-2008 at 08:47 AM.