Thread: Perp Prices

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Perp Prices

I have been shopping around for a good intermediate FR/DH bike (age-old question) that I could build up as my skill progresses, came across the Cannondale Perp (as well as the Tranny DB, Kona Dee-lux, and Giant Glory 0). Just wanted get a round about price for a new one as well as a lightly used perp as there are none on ebay and I'm not to familiar with the mountain biking online retail stores.

Thank for any help.

Ride Safe,
    Method

mtbr member
    A 2008 Perp 3 [the base model but still with decent components] runs not much over $2K here in the US; which I think is an AMAZING deal. Never see many of 'em used since it's not that common of a bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    the 2 is right at 3000 I think, awesome deal especially with the totem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    So figure around 2000-2500? Sounds good.

Why is it that you don't see too many of these bikes? I was just so happen to be wondering that myself.

Unit 91
    Perp 3: $2200
    Perp 2: $3000
    Perp 1: $4000

It really depends on where you ride as to how many Perps you see. If you have never ridden one, its a sick FR bike. Good geometry, low standover, good BB height, and adjustable travel that doesnt adjust the geo. The frames are super burly and rather light. For $3000, you get a 8 inch travel Perp frame, Sram/Avid components and a Rock Shox Totem. Thats a pretty good deal. Trust me on this, dont read the geo numbers, go ride the bike for yourself and see what you think.

mtbr member
    I think we'll see more and more throughout this year; between the magazine reviews, and subtle positive talk...

Anyone find any photos of '08s out in the wild (not Euro/Interbike)?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Cool-blue Rhythm

I watched a few video reviews on the Perp and the bike looks like everything I've been looking for from adjustable rear suspension to the alternative cable routing. It just seems like a dream. Hopefully I can pick one of these up before the end of next semester.

Members who have read this thread: 0